Buy a 40GB PS3 at Wal-Mart at 399.99, get a $100 GiftCard FREE - [Not confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was looking at the ad for Walmart

Purchase a 40GB PS3 at Walmart for $399.99(June 1st-June 6th) and receive a $100 Blue Ray Walmart GiftCard FREE

Im not sure if you can use the giftcard on things other then Blue Ray and games, it looks like a regular giftcard

Sorry if this has been posted

Oh man I think I'm gonna be sick. Just a few days ago I ordered a 40 gb from amazon for $399 with no deals. (other than no tax or shipping fees) I just went to try to cancel it and it's already going to be shipped. I want this deal. :(

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Oh man I think I'm gonna be sick. Just a few days ago I ordered a 40 gb from amazon for $399 with no deals. (other than no tax or shipping fees) I just went to try to cancel it and it's already going to be shipped. I want this deal. :([/quote]

be persistant I got them to refund my money even though it was ready to be shiped that night

[quote name='Poor2More']be persistant I got them to refund my money even though it was ready to be shiped that night[/quote]

refuse package... do not sign for it

[quote name='underliness']Not too bad, but I think I will wait for the 80gb MGS4 bundle.[/quote]

if you really want the gunmetal color... im not a mgs fan... so count me out
and you can always up grade the hd and add more usb ports

[quote name='ogbaka']refuse package... do not sign for it

Exactly, They refunded my money immediatly, sent the item anyway(since its in their hub ready to be shiped) and I refused shipment from the UPS man

[quote name='Yigytugd']OMG, do you have a link to this. I think I might go out and get a PS3 in this is in GA.[/quote]

its in the ad, back page, only June 1st-6th

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']so could i buy this and return it and keep the gift card?[/quote]

$100 giftcard is a little much to keep it

If this is true then I might as well bite. Where did you get the ad so early? And scans/pics? Not doubting you but sounds too good to be true.

I went to walmart this morning, and grabbed the ad that was on the counter of customer service, on the back page has the PS3 with a FREE $100 Giftcard june 1-6

I'm not seeing it. I didn't get a Wal-Mart ad in the paper so I checked it out on their website ad thing, and all I see is a laptop, DS stuff, ipods, movies, and a portable dvd player on the inside cover of the back. On the very back their's flag stuff.

[quote name='tr1pl3thr3at']I'm not seeing it. I didn't get a Wal-Mart ad in the paper so I checked it out on their website ad thing, and all I see is a laptop, DS stuff, ipods, movies, and a portable dvd player on the inside cover of the back. On the very back their's flag stuff.[/quote]

Same. Any chance you give us you zip or state? Their ads might be YMMV, I dunno.

I'm sure you couldn't keep the gift card, and it's fraud to even talk like that. Odds are they ring the PS3 up for 299 and "charge" you for the gift card, so if you return the PS3, you'd only get 299 back.
This is tempting, and probably the best deal that'll occur for quite some time. Is the 40GB worth getting? It's not the BC one is it? Can you simply connect an external USB hard drive for more space?

I already told my parents to refuse the amazon order, but now I'm like still wanting confirmation. I'm not sure what the OP is talking about as there isn't an ad out for 6/1-6/6 is there? The current ad on walmart.com does not mention this.

dtcartson 40gb is not b/c at all.

According to Sony's website, the $100 off your first $300 purchase on a new credit card only works on purchase made at Sony Style stores or the Sony Style website.

[quote name='ogbaka']nice deal if you use a sony card too to make ps3 to ~200+tax :)
thanks[/quote]

Guys, I wouldn't doubt this deal mainly because I know walmart always prints their ads atleast a week in advance. The ad you see online/today is only til the 26st, not for June 1st-6st. Also, AFAIK no Walmart ads are YMMV, that is, if the product is listed in the ad.

The 40 GB is definitely worth getting and this is a hell of a deal to do so. This could be a 40 GB with an extra DS3 and a game or just two games for $400 if you play your cards right which is fucking AWESOME. You don't get BC but honestly unless you have a huge backlog of PS2 games or never picked up a PS2 in the first place then a 40 gb is the way to go (especially because of reduced heat and power consumption).

Yes, you can attach an external USB drive but it has to be converted into FAT32. You can pick up a pretty big internal drive on the cheap which is what I did with my 60 when I had it.

[quote name='dfo']According to Sony's website, the $100 off your first $300 purchase on a new credit card only works on purchase made at Sony Style stores or the Sony Style website.[/quote]

According to them but it works on other places too. I got a Wii at CC and got the $100 off.

[quote name='ogbaka']refuse package... do not sign for it

if you really want the gunmetal color... im not a mgs fan... so count me out
and you can always up grade the hd and add more usb ports[/quote]

The gunmetal is a overpriced 40gb model(599), I was reffering to the 80gb model packaged with MGS and dualshock (499). Just works out better for me as I want BC and dualshock+MGS4 > 100$ giftcard for me.

I recently quit my job at Meijer, but my 10% employee discount still works. what would be a better deal? B/c say 40gb ps3 is $400, so I can get it for $360. Or should I do this Walmart deal?

I am so pissed right now, my parents threw out the ad mere minutes of me posting this deal, but fear not I am going to dig in the trash outside and find it, I AM POSITIVE its the ad for June 1st/6th, you guys can call shannigans but for the people who can hang in their I will provide confirmation

[quote name='Shawn1150']I recently quit my job at Meijer, but my 10% employee discount still works. what would be a better deal? B/c say 40gb ps3 is $400, so I can get it for $360. Or should I do this Walmart deal?[/quote]

Are you stupid or something? You'd save $60 more with the Wal-Mart deal, obviously. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out on your own.

[quote name='Poor2More']Its the ad for june 1-6, its got like patrotic colors and stuff (labor day sales I guess)[/QUOTE]

You sure about that?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Are you stupid or something? You'd save $60 more with the Wal-Mart deal, obviously. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out on your own.[/quote]
Maybe he'd rather have $40 to anywhere rather than $100 to Wal-Mart

[quote name='Poor2More']I am so pissed right now, my parents threw out the ad mere minutes of me posting this deal, but fear not I am going to dig in the trash outside and find it, I AM POSITIVE its the ad for June 1st/6th, you guys can call shannigans but for the people who can hang in their I will provide confirmation[/quote]

I'm not doubting you, just want confirmation. :lol:

[quote name='Poor2More']^ I just read right below the PS3 that the FREE $100 giftcard is only elgible during June 1-6 when buying a PS3 (40GB only)[/quote]
Scan it!
I didn't even see a PS3 in the ad

[quote name='tr1pl3thr3at']Scan it!
I didn't even see a PS3 in the ad[/quote]

its not this weeks ad as I discovered cause I checked the one online and its tottaly different, I grabbed a upcoming one from customer service on accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back