*DEAD* Circuit City mistake - 5 dollar games!! (YMMV)

Go into your local CC and pick up any Players Choice or Greatest hits game and have the tard there ring it up using package #2 (The one for Platinum hits, etc.). They will all ring up for 5$, not $15 like they are supposed to!!

Have fun!

To clarify for all the newcomers:

The deal this week is supposed to be on PH,GH, etc games. (ie. games at the 19.99 price point) If you take two games to a clerk and he uses the sale package in the computer, they will ring up for 5 dollars each, not 15 dollars like they are supposed to. This is apparently a glitch in their system. Some stores will let it go, some will flat out deny you the deal. It is not advertised that way and using the argument that others are doing it will not fly. Try it at your own risk. As of 12-13-04 when the stores opened, it was still ringing up that way in their system.

Have fun, Happy CAGing, Merry X-Mas!

[quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Go into your local CC and pick up any Players Choice or Greatest hits game and have the tard there ring it up using package #2 (The one for Platinum hits, etc.). They will all ring up for 5$, not $15 like they are supposed to!!

Have fun![/quote]

FLAME HIM! FLAME HIIIIMMMM!!!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='tyecko']what do u mean package #2?[/quote]

He means he's full of doo-doo.[/quote]

Ah yes, #2. :roll:

Wait this could be true.
I remember the 1cent Pc games where the Cashier had to press a button for the deal to get the price to 1cent. I think it was called the "coupon" button.

Of course i could be wrong.......

But wouldn't it be strange if we just told the cashier "No, don't ring it up with that button. Use THAT button over there. Oh wow, I had no idea it'd come up so much cheaper!"

[quote name='tyecko']What I find odd is that this is his 1st post and his choice of username.[/quote]

Good point, I think he's trying to register us for something...though lets try to keep an open mind if it means $5 games again.

Pricing error in the system I'll take but to actually tell someone to fuck up? Ehh... not my style, not even for a deal...

Assuming he's reporting something legit, it seems like it only rings $5 if you buy a Xbox Platinum Hits title. I can go for a $5 Xbox game. The only reason why he's saying to hit "package #2" is if you want a PS2 or GC game

[quote name='CircuitCity0861']CONFIRMED! ALL PH AND GH GAMES ARE $5 A POP! RUN![/quote]

Im having trouble believing people with 1 or 3 total posts on CAG... I'm sorry... if a regular were to confirm this, then I'll go for it...

I'm an EMPLOYEE. I just got Socom 2 and tested it on MY register and it's true. The catch is, you have to get an even number of games for the deal to work (2,4,6,etc).

PS
I'm not a newbie, I'm just at work and don't enjoy using my real sn while here so I made one for all my buds here to use.

even if this is for real i highly doubt they are going to let you walk out of the store with them. They will call a manager over and say there is something wrong and BOOM no games for you.

[quote name='CircuitCity0861']CONFIRMED! ALL PH AND GH GAMES ARE $5 A POP! RUN![/quote]

Im gonna take what this guy says like a grain of salt, with a username like that.

well, even if it's true, if I have to tell the cashier to push a specific button to get it cheaper, I'll pass, my CC already loathes me from all the other sales and price checks I've done, so I don't feel like making more of an ass out of myself. I don't need any games anyway.

[quote name='scsg75']well, even if it's true, if I have to tell the cashier to push a specific button to get it cheaper, I'll pass, my CC already loathes me from all the other sales and price checks I've done, so I don't feel like making more of an ass out of myself. I don't need any games anyway.[/quote]

Hahaha, agreed. CC's are a bunch of pricks when it comes to price matching.

so, what do i do? do i go up to cc, get 2 PH games, and just head to register normally? or do i go up there and say,"please pick package 2"?

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='scsg75']well, even if it's true, if I have to tell the cashier to push a specific button to get it cheaper, I'll pass, my CC already loathes me from all the other sales and price checks I've done, so I don't feel like making more of an ass out of myself. I don't need any games anyway.[/quote]

Hahaha, agreed. CC's are a bunch of pricks when it comes to price matching.[/quote]

Seriously, there is this one lady, a manager type, who works the front who is always super cold to me whenever I go in there, she remembers me from the $5 sale last summer and my price checking madness (when I brought like every game in the store up to the front to be price scanned to see if it was on sale). She barely even says hi to me when she rings me up, if I had to tell her to push a specific button to get it cheaper, she'd probably clock me in my face. She scares me.

so i do have to tell them to pick package 2? Also, to the OP, if I do pick up a platinum hits game (like you said, was the real package 2 option) do i get that for 5 bucks?

No offense to the OP but I want to see a confirmation from a Cheap Ass regular or someone we all know.

I dont feel like driving down there to find out this was all a ruse.

I want this to be true, but won't waste my gas on an unconfirmed deal posted by two people with fewer than 10 posts. Just smells way too funny to me. But if somebody can get this to work, more power to 'em.

Any person who actually thinks they can go up to the register and tell the cashier to push a specific button to make the game cheaper deserves to be slapped.

I've already done my driving for the day... maybe tomorrow I'll check it out since it's on the way to work, but I agree with the others: a deal given by a CAG Newbie doesn't strike me to go out and waste time and gas. If Cheapy D or a member with more rank came and said this, I'd be more inclined... a receipt would definitely promote me to go out today... otherwise, I have other things to do...

My CC is not open today (I am from NJ). I want to see if this is true. If it is, I will go to CC during my lunch break tommorow. Can someone please confirm if this is true or not?

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Any person who actually thinks they can go up to the register and tell the cashier to push a specific button to make the game cheaper deserves to be slapped.[/quote]

Agreed! I'm staying inside. Besides, Circuit Citys are always in the middle of nowhere, never local.

Ugh.

I assumed it was easy to understand, but here is the story. They have a package this week for all the Platinum hits games. BUT...the package (which is number 2, god you ppl are childish) rings them up for 5 dollars each, instead of 15 dollars each. I got them on this deal this am and got about 50 different games. If you don't want a cheap ass deal, hang out in another forum.

We screwed CC plenty of times before, lets do it again!!

[quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Ugh.

I assumed it was easy to understand, but here is the story. They have a package this week for all the Platinum hits games. BUT...the package (which is number 2, god you ppl are childish) rings them up for 5 dollars each, instead of 15 dollars each. I got them on this deal this am and got about 50 different games. If you don't want a cheap ass deal, hang out in another forum.

We screwed CC plenty of times before, lets do it again!![/quote]

Wait a minute..are you saying you just spent about 250 dollars on platinum hits? You, sir, are an idiot.

CC is actually pretty decent to try and screw over. Anyways a better option is just to have the cashier overide the price all to .01,

Oh boy, you are not asking for flames. :roll:

bread's done
Back