Kick! Punch! It’s all in the mind. GGT #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never good a PtR. I'll just assume it sucked and I just wasn't terrible at it. ;)

Just beat chapter 7 in NG2. Wowsa, my favorite by far. I think the story is better this time around, because it's so horrendously bad you just laugh at it, rather than trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm also liking that the levels are more linear. No wandering around that city in 1 aimlessly, only to have one encounter with the guys go bad and end up 1/2 dead.

This mana knight GGT needs more MENERGY

What were those handguns? I recognized the glock, but what were the others, markman?

Also do you like them, prices? I'm thinking of going for the glock .45, or maybe something cheaper since I just want to shoot it at the range, not at people.

Hot Shots Golf 2 rules. Playing games from the UMD does not. I haven't done that in a while and forgot how bad the battery life is.. I'm up nort der in wisconsin for the weekend and away from Ninja Gaiden 2 ;(

The game was the first music/dance game (averaging an 88% on Gamerankings, although it has aged a bit. Back in 1997, it was one of my favorite games along with , SotN, Mega Man X4, etc. The timing is a bit different and takes time to get use to (such as in the first one, you hit slightly off the corresponding button, but then it also allows you to press multiple other buttons to do your own freestyle rap). The newer PaRappa games (like the 2nd one), the timing is more forgiving. Lammy Jammer is the greatest one though, although I feel the first has the best music overall. I still play it often since it's quite addicting.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZcV1UuUzI[/media]

My GGT was either going to be this, or Heaven and Hell, relating to Guilty Gear X series (but then I wasn't sure if I should use those words in a thread title).

EDIT: I gotta believe! :D

I also really liked these too
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldhBBQ_KlM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0uJQsOwbE[/media]

I would have made a POWERTHIRST GGT due to the massive MENERGY in Ninja Gaiden and MGS4, 2 brutally GUN FLAVORED games that should come in ROCKET CANS

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk[/MEDIA]

I hate to say it because Parappa was the first of its kind, and rocks to this day...

But Umm Jammer Lammy is totally better. Recognize.

Better music, gameplay, story, and everything. Damn, I miss rhythm games....

[quote name='leveskikesko']I hate to say it because Parappa was the first of its kind, and rocks to this day...

Better music, gameplay, story, and everything. Damn, I miss rhythm games....[/quote]Miss? We're drowning in them...

So, went to see Speed Racer today because we had nothing better to do. Wow, I was really, really surprised. The movie is really well done, doesn't take itself seriously in the least, is just a fun, well written, well acted, well effect-ed movie. Blu-Ray purchase for sure. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Continue.

Parappa The Rapper theme. :D[/QUOTE]

Dude, you made this? I approve the fuck outta this title.

Um Jammer Lammy is better, i have to say.

And Guilty Gear SUCKS

But DIO ROCKS
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJH7y1yK_E[/MEDIA]

If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find, the things I teach ya, are sure to beat ya, nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher now........... KICK!

I loved Parappa... I day 1'd that son of a bitch... My favorite rap is the one with the cooking chicken...

"The other day, I was called a little turkey, but I'm a chicken got it, ya beef jerky!"

[quote name='jer7583']This mana knight GGT needs more MENERGY

What were those handguns? I recognized the glock, but what were the others, markman?

Also do you like them, prices? I'm thinking of going for the glock .45, or maybe something cheaper since I just want to shoot it at the range, not at people.
[/quote]

2559888448_0e62668bfb.jpg

MP5, Glock, SVi .38 special, another SVi .38...

The first one, uhh.. let's not get into details about. The glock is a glock, your neighborhood friendly firearm. The last two are for competitive speed shooting. (My dad is big into speed shooting, range shooting, etc.)

Prices? :x The glock was normal price. This particular one was a little shy of $700 a few years ago. The other two cost way too much. $2K + each.

TEKKEN NIGHT

woo 2k is steep. If I had 2k it'd be for a down payment on a new car, not a gun, lol. You like the glock, though? I know a few buds who have them and don't really have anything bad to say.

[quote name='leveskikesko']I hate to say it because Parappa was the first of its kind, and rocks to this day...

Better music, gameplay, story, and everything. Damn, I miss rhythm games....[/QUOTE]THe music in the original PaRappa is still my favorite, but Um Jammer Lammy comes VERY close. And IMO, it is the better game overall and really wish it came as a PS3/PSP download.

One song I really like in Jammer Lammy is:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNnSRKZg8TI[/media]

I still wish there were many interesting music games being made this day, which aren't just sequels with all new music and recycled gameplay (last game that I found interesting in that way was Elite Beat Agents). I mean, games like PaRappa, Gitaroo Man, Amplitdue/Frequency, etc. were all great, and didn't require some expensive accessory.

I think it is a very well made handgun. I prefer ones with a laser site or scope however. I've been spoiled/tainted by it ever since I began using them.

To keep it GGT related. Time Crisis 4 isn't as fun to me as Time Crisis 1 was. ;)

videogames have guns ;)

Thanks for the advice, MM.

Anyone else voluntarily getting raped by bethesda and getting that uber collectors edition Fallout 3?

I am.

[quote name='MarkMan']I think it is a very well made handgun. I prefer ones with a laser site or scope however. I've been spoiled/tainted by it ever since I began using them.

To keep it GGT related. Time Crisis 4 isn't as fun to me as Time Crisis 1 was. ;)[/QUOTE]I still enjoyed Time Crisis 4 (It's Time Crisis and I still enjoy the Arcade action shooting, I just feel Namco REALLY dropped the ball on the game's local multi-player the way the handled split screen), but I'll admit I liked 2 and 3 much better. I MIGHT have preferred the first, but it has been several years since I played it (I really want to go back and play it), and I barely remembered what I played now.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Parappa did not age well. Long live Gitaroo Man![/QUOTE]I love Gitaroo Man and still play it often right now (The PSP one, didn't keep the PS2 one). I personally feel the gameplay in the 2nd PaRappa is handled a bit better (where it ages much better), but the first one just has much better music. Although, it's tough to say which game I prefer, since both are my favorite Japanese music games for sure. I like Parappa because the music is so catchy and one of the only games I can replay a stage 20+ times in a row never getting tired of it. I like Gitaroo Man because the gameplay is more unique and love its quirkyness, but it's not one of those games I find myself replaying a song over and over again (more like just once per session).

Started playing Fzero Gx today and the game wipes the floor with Mario Kart Wii

Aside from the online component in Brawl, I felt more satisfied from Def Jam: FFNY and besides the wheel in MK (and the online of course), I'm always going to prefer to play Fzero now

Oh, and the reason I brought it up was that:
I bought it off TMK

Call me a fan of the not so popular, but these games entertain (without setting up for disappointment with massive hype). Besides, is a new Fzero in the works...I remember hearing something about it (rumor?) but I'm unsure

Yeah, I can't forget the Tekken night. I picked up the Dragon Ball Z Season 1 and 2 sets (24.99 each-HAWT) and Haruhi Suzumiya vol.2.
I'll watch 2 eps of DBZ then rock out to Tekken (or play Sigma and beat the chapter 9 boss. What a bitch).

So I put my 360 on Craigslist and a guy who is interested says this:
I am also wondering what games you have available besides the ones you list. Also before I purchase your Xbox (if everything LOOKS okay...) I would appreciate it if you took it to a place like Game Stop and run a diagnostic( or a battery of tests that actually tests the system to its full capacity and ensures that every component works properly) on it and then show me a receipt that the diagnostic was successful and no problems were found. If you have already done this then just show me the receipt when I come by.

Thanks

Does GS even do that? Not that I'd go anyways since it's more trouble than I care to go through, but I was curious since I've never heard of it before.

I never knew GS stores had the diagnostic disc? I have one, and it is built into the dev kit 360s... I think that guy is full of weird BS lol.

[quote name='whoknows']So I put my 360 on Craigslist and a guy who is interested says this:

Does GS even do that? Not that I'd go anyways since it's more trouble than I care to go through, but I was curious since I've never heard of it before.[/QUOTE]
No, we definitely don't do that.

[quote name='whoknows']So I put my 360 on Craigslist and a guy who is interested says this:

Does GS even do that? Not that I'd go anyways since it's more trouble than I care to go through, but I was curious since I've never heard of it before.[/quote]

Haha, no. They don't do anything. They turn them on, that is about it.

house of the dead 2/3 on Wii has finally made me play my Wii alot. Even though the game (at least part 2) is repetitive, I don't get bored of it. Also, it sucks on wiimote, but great with the perfect shot.

also, finally finally, finally, next week i start building my damn plush toys I've been dying to work on for a while. I need to order some custom tags for those things as well >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']house of the dead 2/3 on Wii has finally made me play my Wii alot. Even though the game (at least part 2) is repetitive, I don't get bored of it. Also, it sucks on wiimote, but great with the perfect shot.

also, finally finally, finally, next week i start building my damn plush toys I've been dying to work on for a while. I need to order some custom tags for those things as well >_

Dark Sector is pretty fun..almost done with it.

off topic: does anyone know any good books or software to learn languages? cause id like to start learning Russian (so i can know what my gf's relatives are saying) and brush up on my Japanese.

they got usb ports on that wii

they got the usb for them keyboards

alcohol is a hell of a drug

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that's impressve... damn.

:lol: would be crazy to see typing of the dead but you have to play using the on screen wii keyboard.[/QUOTE]

I still have typing of the dead with the DC keyboard. Never was any good at it though. Maybe I should dig it back out to help improve on my typing.:)

I second the request for language learning books , especially spanish and japanese. I do have My Spanish Coach for the DS if that counts for anything.

[quote name='refusedchaos']Dark Sector is pretty fun..almost done with it.

off topic: does anyone know any good books or software to learn languages? cause id like to start learning Russian (so i can know what my gf's relatives are saying) and brush up on my Japanese.[/QUOTE]

Rosetta Stone for software?

I didn't stick with it, but I thought the Japanese for Busy People books were good for learning Japanese. I still remember a bit of what I learned.

And I played HOTD 2 without a lightgun and got very good at it, too. Wasn't much fun, but... eh.

[quote name='Chacrana']Rosetta Stone for software?

I didn't stick with it, but I thought the Japanese for Busy People books were good for learning Japanese. I still remember a bit of what I learned.

And I played HOTD 2 without a lightgun and got very good at it, too. Wasn't much fun, but... eh.[/QUOTE]

i saw that book today too. thanks for your response

HOTD 2 with a DC controller? damn you guys must be good then...couldnt even last 15min using it if i recall. HOTD 3 on the other hand was easy with a xb controller. i wonder if they are going to port HOTD 4.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Stupid.[/QUOTE]

you might be considering the insanely racist other spanish game... now that game is awesome on the wrong area.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hows spanish coach on DS? I thought about getting it for the spanish class I'm in now.[/QUOTE]

lol you will learn more spanish looking at a Taco Bell menu....its ok

[quote name='Chacrana']I didn't stick with it, but I thought the Japanese for Busy People books were good for learning Japanese. I still remember a bit of what I learned.[/QUOTE]
Those were the books my Japanese class used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back