GGT 62 has been silenced...wait, make that permabanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Trakan']I didn't ban him, and I don't really agree with the ban, but jer's got a point here. There was no reason for him to act that way and he realized that. I just got into the loop as far as what happened with DarkSlayer.

The "quit being a bitch, jer" posts are unnecessary.[/quote]In talking with Dark, he knows that what he did was wrong, admitted that the infractions and silencing were fair and appropriate (even if the silencing came as the result of an infraction from 2 mods about the same post).

I honestly think he's learned his lesson, and the value of the "ignore" feature if there's someone, for one reason or another, you just can't stand or blow up at, etc.

Personally, based on the acidity of the comment, a ban doesn't completely surprise me. The thing I find weird is that he was silenced, and then just as that was lifted he finds himself banned. Silencing seems to imply "you've got another chance coming up, chill out and straighten up." To me it seems a probational return would be good for him, and if he messes up again in the very near future, then carry on.

Back on topic, I've suddenly developed a backlog since I'm not playing much of anything amongst the packing boxes. DMC4, Burnout Paradise, Dark Secytor, Stranglehold, Mega Man X8, Zone of the Enders 2, and the X collection and the few MM games I've got left. Maybe I'll try to power through the end of MM6.

I suck at analogies...
[quote name='linkpwns']Think of it this way, your mom catches you eating cookies before dinner. Sure, you know that you aren't allowed to eat cookies before dinner, because it will spoil your appetite, but you were hungry, and you really don't give a damn about your appetite. So you grab some chocolate chippers and run up to your room.
Your mommy walks in and catches you munchin' on some cookies. She says, "DarthSon, You're grounded for a week."
In response, instead of throwing a tantrum, you go downstairs and say, "DarthMommy, I'm sorry. I know I did something wrong, and I deserve the grounding."
So then your father comes home, and saw cookie crumbs near your bedroom. Instead of consulting your mother, he says, "DarthSon, you're grounded for two weeks!"
So now, you appologized, and now you got grounded for two weeks, instead of one.
As if that wasn't enough, your brother comes in and noticed that you had cookies. His inner-father-senses force him to feel like he needs to punish you for defying your parents. So what does he do? He beats the shit out of you.
So now you're grounded for two weeks, and you have a black eye.

Fair?
Barely.

Oh, and in other news, I'm about to play Warcraft 3 xD[/quote]

Fun Fact: I've been here over a year, and this is only the eighth thread I've made. And I have over 1.000 posts in comparison.

[quote name='daroga']

Back on topic, I've suddenly developed a backlog since I'm not playing much of anything amongst the packing boxes. DMC4, Burnout Paradise, Dark Secytor, Stranglehold, Mega Man X8, Zone of the Enders 2, and the X collection and the few MM games I've got left. Maybe I'll try to power through the end of MM6.[/quote]

Stay away from Mega Man X6... I hated X7 as well honestly, but X6 is the worst.

Play ZOE2 now!

Is there an Official CAG picture thread anywhere? I like being able to put a face to people's names.

Beautiful Katamari is a weird fucking game.

[quote name='willardhaven']Stay away from Mega Man X6... I hated X7 as well honestly, but X6 is the worst.

Play ZOE2 now![/quote]I had heard X7 was bad. Didn't hear that X6 was bad as well. X8 seems to get at least "return to form" nods from the diversion of X7, so kind of a "If you like X games, X8 is decent" kind of thing.

I'll probably not play those for a while, but the X Collection was hard to track down around here so when I saw it I scooped it up with X8, should the bug ever bite me to play them.

How was MMX Command Mission? Seems like a fun, and short, little RPG. I should play the Mega Man Legend games sometime. I hope that it's not like Sonic CD where internet hype surrounding a game that I had hated years ago leads me to check it out again only to realize that I was right and the internet was wrong.

I played X7. Never beat it due to getting stuck towards the end, but it was ok. It's obviously at it's best when you are playing sidescrolling style, but still....the 3D controls aren't broken.

Oh, and X is a hippie in it. It's pretty lame.

[quote name='daroga']

How was MMX Command Mission?[/quote]

I have it, but I've barely played it. It's in my sizable backlog now.

Mega Man Legends is okay but really isn't necessary anymore (3D action games have far surpassed it).

X1&2 are awesome, X3&4 are very good, X5 is ok... after 6 I gave up.

[quote name='willardhaven']Stay away from Mega Man X6... I hated X7 as well honestly, but X6 is the worst.[/quote]
X6 wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as X7.

I miss DarkSlayer. He was one of my CAG friends. Guess I'll have to make some more. Been playing lots of Burnout. Feel free to add me. I'm hoping to play with Sl4in and Inu.

meh, don't really care for the title on this ggt (hasn't enough been said about the ban?)

anywho, is killer 7 mad hard (it'll piss me off) or is it worth a play through...or both?

^happy bday refused

so...watched some g4 just now and they saw bungie has some big news prepared for next monday (july 14th aka day one of e3)

[quote name='Foo228']meh, don't really care for the title on this ggt (hasn't enough been said about the ban?)

anywho, is killer 7 mad hard (it'll piss me off) or is it worth a play through...or both?[/quote]
I don't find it hard, just... don't expect to understand what you're supposed to do half the time.

Yay for missing the drama!

[quote name='Foo228']meh, don't really care for the title on this ggt (hasn't enough been said about the ban?)

anywho, is killer 7 mad hard (it'll piss me off) or is it worth a play through...or both?[/quote]

I don't remember it being super hard, but it wasn't a breeze. It is a game that has more style than substance. But the style more than makes up for the lack of substance. It is one of my favorite games last gen.

I've never been into the Mega Man games. :hides:

Not for lack of trying, though.

As for pics of CAGs, search for "CAG Family Album". Yeah, I'm too lazy to link.

Downloading the 2.4 update for PS3 now.

[quote name='daroga']I win at Mega Man 6. Not a bad little game.[/quote]

I lose at Mega Man 2. The dragon in Wily stage 1 = death. Awesome game. I love how rigidly difficult it is. That probably sounds like a backhanded compliment, but I'm dead serious...it's very addictive.

I still remember the old school difficulty of Battletoads. I kept playing the same levels over and over and over. Ah the good old days... If that game ever came out for VC, I dunno if I would want to relive it.

Of course, now some smart ass will say it was an easy game. :)

[quote name='ninja dog']I lose at Mega Man 2. The dragon in Wily stage 1 = death. Awesome game. I love how rigidly difficult it is. That probably sounds like a backhanded compliment, but I'm dead serious...it's very addictive.[/quote]Wow, really? No offense meant by this, but I've just zipped through all 6 of the NES Mega Mans and 2 is far and away the easiest I think. You know the dragon's weakness?

If you're new to the series, start of with 2 and get a FAQ up to find out the weaknesses. That trial and error stuff is for the birds, and it'll be a much more enjoyable experience in my opinion. And Mega Man 2 is the best of the original series, with 3 following behind, and 4 close to 3. 1 is brutally difficult in spots, and 5 and 6 are overall just uninspired, though 6 is much better than 5. Just started seven. It feels really off compared to the NES ones.

Battletoads = Impossible. That freaking Jet Ski level? Comeon. My friend and I once got to the tower level in grade school. Although, to be fair, I'm not certain that we weren't using a Game Genie at the time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='botticus']I don't find it hard, just... don't expect to understand what you're supposed to do half the time.

Yay for missing the drama![/quote]

[quote name='Kendal']I don't remember it being super hard, but it wasn't a breeze. It is a game that has more style than substance. But the style more than makes up for the lack of substance. It is one of my favorite games last gen.[/quote]

I guess I'll give it a shot then. Good to hear about the style and the difficulty not being too bad. The not knowing what I should be doing will just lead to gamefaqs stuff (I don't mind faqs/guides when it's mind boggling for me to figure something out...makes the developers seem like asses to me though :cold:).

I'm happy though, with my 360 in "shop" I've been completing games left and right (aside from Metroid Prime :cry:). Can't wait to get it back though..:hot:

Bill O'reily is the Battletoads master.

EDIT: Hay guyz, remember how GameFAQs suspended me for jokingly saying I was 12 years old?

[quote name='GameFAQs']07-08-2008 -- This account has been banned from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Bans are only given out by the site administrator, and only for severe and/or repeated TOS violations. This ban is permanent; this account can no longer be used.
You have been banned from this site.
[/QUOTE]

fuck the what.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Bill O'reily is the Battletoads master.

EDIT: Hay guyz, remember how GameFAQs suspended me for jokingly saying I was 12 years old?

fuck the what.[/quote]

Over the years, that is the fastest way to get banned. They don't fuck around with underage users. Even if you are joking. What was your name?

NES

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Bill O'reily is the Battletoads master.

fuck the what.[/quote]

They say you get 3 accounts per ip address, I think it's all bs though as I made a joke topic on my friends file but he said it was me...getting me banned (sorta deserved it for messing with his acc but what a bitch).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Fun Fact: I've been here over a year, and this is only the eighth thread I've made. And I have over 1.000 posts in comparison.[/QUOTE]
I made 7 threads in 5 years. I don't remember making most of them.

I think Jake Hunter got a lot better in this last case. This is the first one to not be very simple.

I'm still doing well with my not buying games til' the last week of July thing..! Whew...

I thought the easiest old school Mega Man was 3 personally. Just me though, I think I played that one too much. I was able to beat it without dying/using energy tanks.

Looking forward to FF IV on the go and SC IV at home... Hope to get my copy of SC IV by the end of next week :x *keeps fingers crossed* ... If not I'll get it during comic con week (NOOOOOOOOOO BUSY) !

I'm still debating about using my GS credit on FFIV. I suspect I will, but I'm still hoping there'll be a gold box deal or something.

My buddy is going to SD comicon. I guess the Heroes and Pushing Daisies cast will be there? Among others. One of these days I'll go to a comicon, as I like star-gazing and the opportunity to pick up autographs. Haven't picked up an authentic 'graph in a while...

Do we have a cag clan?

Gotham Knight is pretty good so far. Gonna have to watch it again tomorrow and actually pay attention instead of playing gemcraft while I watch lol.

What's a good Megaman to start with? I'm bored and feel like playing one.

The job is secured fellas. Finally a steady income.

And I ordered a bunch of GBA games and Batman Begins on Blu-ray from buy.com. BB better get here before Dark Knight. Going to see it in the city on IMAX.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Are there any other good Batman animated movies? Gotham Knight is fucking awesome![/QUOTE]

batman_mask_of_the_phantasm.jpg

do yourself a favor and watch that.

I still think todays batman cartoons suck compared to the original ones done initially on WB... so good.

Once superman came out and forced change onto the batman series, it sucked very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back