GGT 62 has been silenced...wait, make that permabanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really sucks about Dark. Personally, I think its all a plot to get rid of us GGTers. We're all nothing but trouble anyway. Watch yourself, whoknows. You could be next! :roll:

I've been playing some more GTA4. Up until yesterday, I hadn't really gone on any killing rampages thru the city, but now that I have, I think I can do it in real life and get away with it. Yeah right. I kid. Don't let Jack Thompson see that. :lol:

[quote name='daroga']

How was MMX Command Mission? Seems like a fun, and short, little RPG.[/quote]

I thought MMX:CM was okay. A short and easy RPG that requires no grinding or anything and can be breezed thru. The story and stuff aren't all that great, but I thought the combat system was the best part.

I'm gonna try some more DMC4 today and see if I can get thru the Dante part.

No, cheapy replied to whoknows' blog saying that he had been banned under a different name before, and that there were two seperate infractions, on top of others on DarkSlayer before. First for the birthday comment, then for the "you're a little bitch and I'm going to beat the fuck out of you" temper tantrum.

He did it to himself, there's nobody to blame but him. I even wrote cheapy to ask to reverse the ban if he was in fact given infractions multiple times for the same incident. It turns out that was not the case.

I'm about halfway through uncharted, and wow. Stunning game.

[quote name='whoknows']I had AC4 at it's release. I liked it a lot, but I got stuck on a mission so I sold it out of anger :lol:[/QUOTE]Same. I traded it in due to the same reason.

[quote name='willardhaven']Stay away from Mega Man X6... I hated X7 as well honestly, but X6 is the worst.

Play ZOE2 now![/QUOTE]Mega Man X6 was the worst MMX game to me. I actually enjoyed X7 more (I actually liked the 3D elements in some ways and enjoyed the arena boss battles), but I'll admit the game was far from being great (I got it on sale too at Best Buy near release for $30).

ZOE2 is great. I really like the ZOE series,
although I slightly prefer the first because of the story centering around Leo Stenbuck

[quote name='Krymner']So I just ordered that SMT: Nocturne from the Amazon DotD. I hope its as good as everyone says.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does it seem like Atlus has like 1000 IPs with a million sequels? And each time they make a new series, it comes pre-installed with a fanbase. How?

[quote name='Krymner']So I just ordered that SMT: Nocturne from the Amazon DotD. I hope its as good as everyone says.[/quote]

If anyone in the GGT is missing the soundtrack CD from SMT: Nocturne I have one spare going for free, might be a good chance for someone who bought one of the original run copies incomplete to the the soundtrack CD.

Bought Conan and Transformers last night for $11 a piece from GS using that coupon for 25% off, Conan is pretty good and Transformers is just about worth $11, although the controls are a bit wonky.

Is there any point in picking up Excite Truck if I already own and have played the Yoshi out of Mario Kart?

Also we need to have a GGT vs the OTT Mario Kart Wii match.

[quote name='crzyboy88']And each time they make a new series, it comes pre-installed with a fanbase. How?[/QUOTE]
They seem to be one of those publisher/developers that has a huge fanbase for the company itself.

[quote name='wubb']Is there any point in picking up Excite Truck if I already own and have played the Yoshi out of Mario Kart?

Also we need to have a GGT vs the OTT Mario Kart Wii match.[/QUOTE]Someone else would have to handle it since I have most of my buddy list full with people who play during main Mario Kart nights.

That sounds like a good idea, but in all honesty, I don't know which team I'd be on (I'm both ways).

[quote name='nyprimus4']The job is secured fellas. Finally a steady income.[/quote]Congrats!

[quote name='Krymner']That really sucks about Dark. Personally, I think its all a plot to get rid of us GGTers. We're all nothing but trouble anyway. Watch yourself, whoknows. You could be next! :roll:[/quote]Naw, there was some history in this case which didn't help. Y'all behave
or you face me
and stay centered around games and gaming, and there's no problems.

You that good at Mario Kart, wubb?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't know which team I'd be on (I'm both ways).[/quote]

Sorry, had to quote it.

---

Good morning everyone. Halfway through the week!? This is good news. What does everyone have planned for the rest of the week gaming/fun wise? How about the weekend?

I'm currently working on finalizing the schedule for my group's gaming room at San Diego Comic-Con International. We're going to have some games that aren't out yet playable to the public/attendees. Right now it's looking like we'll have Soul Calibur IV, Blaz Blue, and Battle Fantasia up and running ^_^ ...

Over the weekend I'm taking my daughter to Lego Land. I've never been there, so I'm looking forward to it.

---

Congrats nyprimus4!

[quote name='guinaevere']
You that good at Mario Kart, wubb?[/QUOTE]

:cool:

It would take a doctor of Mario Kart or something of that sort to give me a challenge.

[quote name='nyprimus4']The job is secured fellas. Finally a steady income.[/QUOTE]That's great to hear. I really hope I end up getting a job at a local company expanding, but I just found out some bad news that it MIGHT be temporary (just for a few years). I'm going to look into it though.

Anyway, gaming was very low last night, just play SSD HD. This morning, I just played Battle Fantasia demo.

This is my last day off for the week. So, my plans include working a few overnight twelves, sleeping all day, and playing some FF5a at work.

wubb, if you find Excite Truck for cheap, it's worth a play I think. It was a fun little game, and made a nice contrast with Zelda at the Wii's launch (and didn't suck like Monkey Ball). It's pretty different than Mario Kart.

And I'd totally be down for a GGT/OTT Mario Kart match... or just playing anyone anyway. For me it's either going to have to be really soon or in a little while as we're moving a week from tomorrow.

Yea, I too will pump up Excite Truck. It was great for the short amount of time I played it (when the Wii first launched)...

Cool! Patapon 2 was announced in this week's Famitsu. Though they haven't said anything about a US release though. Hope there's more info at E3!

Oh, I'm heading to GS after work to use the 25% off coupon for X360 games. Any suggestions?

Gotta finish up the Darkness and DMC 4. And Godfather. And GTA 4. And Mass Effect. And the 3 Half-Lifes in The Orange Box....

Let's not get started on the Wii and PS2 backlog either...

I've been into handheld gaming again as of late...since I'm in the moving process as well. I played through Mega Man Powered Up on the PSP, Ninja Gaiden DS (2nd time on Head Ninja), and now I'm playing Lego Indiana Jones (PSP). I'm really liking all of these games. Good times. I'm wondering if there will be any big handheld news at E3. I'm still wondering if Microsoft will decide to takes its Zune into the games arena. If they did I'd like to see them take an Ipod approach. Built in Storage FTW! I'm also wondering if the DS will have anything in terms of storage or a new system. PSP DMC?

[quote name='crzyboy88']Is it just me or does it seem like Atlus has like 1000 IPs with a million sequels? And each time they make a new series, it comes pre-installed with a fanbase. How?[/quote]

I'm only interested in Persona and Nocturne sequels.

I disliked Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner. The rest of the games Atlus puts out (aside from Disgaea) don't appeal to me, but there are tons of Japanophiles who love the stuff.

But yeah, Atlus puts out a few amazing games and people line up to play them all. If you love very Japanese games, they're your best bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyboy88']Cool! Patapon 2 was announced in this week's Famitsu. Though they haven't said anything about a US release though. Hope there's more info at E3!

Oh, I'm heading to GS after work to use the 25% off coupon for X360 games. Any suggestions?

Gotta finish up the Darkness and DMC 4. And Godfather. And GTA 4. And Mass Effect. And the 3 Half-Lifes in The Orange Box....

Let's not get started on the Wii and PS2 backlog either...[/quote]

Overlord. I liked it before it gave me a game ending glitch which caused me to stop playing it (It's been fixed now). I wouldn't recommend Eternal Sonata. I'm around 5 hours in and it takes itself waaaay too seriously. That might change, but waaaay too serious early on.

[quote name='daroga']Wow, really? No offense meant by this, but I've just zipped through all 6 of the NES Mega Mans and 2 is far and away the easiest I think. You know the dragon's weakness?

If you're new to the series, start of with 2 and get a FAQ up to find out the weaknesses. That trial and error stuff is for the birds, and it'll be a much more enjoyable experience in my opinion. And Mega Man 2 is the best of the original series, with 3 following behind, and 4 close to 3. 1 is brutally difficult in spots, and 5 and 6 are overall just uninspired, though 6 is much better than 5. Just started seven. It feels really off compared to the NES ones.

Battletoads = Impossible. That freaking Jet Ski level? Comeon. My friend and I once got to the tower level in grade school. Although, to be fair, I'm not certain that we weren't using a Game Genie at the time ;)[/quote]

I guess I'm not technically new to the series, but I haven't played it in like 16 years? :lol:

I know his weakness, but I get stage fright and fall off the platforms quickly.

As for Battletoads, I may have beat the jet bike level once, but with no lives or continues left, so I died quickly after that. Impossible stuff.

on the other hand, I'm playing FFVI Advance and the game is wayyyy easier than I remember. but it's fun as ever-- I'm on the last group when you split up into 3 groups.

I can say proudly that I beat Battletoads back in the day. I still replay the jet bike level every now and then to see if I can still do it. It was intense. ;)

[quote name='MarkMan']I can say proudly that I beat Battletoads back in the day. I still replay the jet bike level every now and then to see if I can still do it. It was intense. ;)[/quote]

I beat that shite too. I tried to play it not too long ago, and couldn't get past the second level.:D

hmmm...there was never a Battletoads Advance, was there. I would go back to try it again, but it needs to either work on my DS or be in a compilation on the PS2 :)

I've never played it either.

Oh, also forgot to say congrats to nyprimus4 ^^;;; Maybe it's because I'm still looking for my next job, and it's been slow going :razz:

The closest thing to the original NES Battletoads would be Battletoads in Ragnarok's World for the original Game Boy... that was pretty good! lol...

Speaking of difficulty, DMC4 PC comes out today. Legendary Dark Knight mode is supposed to be Devil May Cry Rising. I was gonna wait for a price drop, then I was just gonna pirate it, but I decided the right thing to do is pay full price for quality port :)

[quote name='Kendal']Over the years, that is the fastest way to get banned. They don't fuck around with underage users. Even if you are joking. What was your name?

NES[/quote]

Same as it is here. Maybe without the underscores. Maybe with a period after the S. Something.

I know the GGT members botticus, Pete, blueshinra, and daroga have Mario Kart Wii. I have it and will play on whatever team needs an extra player.

Thanks a lot guys. Should be starting tomorrow. Gotta put the GB Micro to good use, 3 hours of public transportation a day!

Congrats wubb ^_^

And good luck with the MLG battles kainzero!

I'm going to battle with this feeling in my pants when I get home ^_^ !!!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I know the GGT members botticus, Pete, blueshinra, and daroga have Mario Kart Wii. I have it and will play on whatever team needs an extra player.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I'm all that good, but I'll play if we're doing teams :)

[quote name='wubb']So there is no one in the GGT to meet my MK challenge?

Guess I'm MK King of the OTT and the GGT. :cool:[/quote]
[quote name='daroga']wubb, if you find Excite Truck for cheap, it's worth a play I think. It was a fun little game, and made a nice contrast with Zelda at the Wii's launch (and didn't suck like Monkey Ball). It's pretty different than Mario Kart.

And I'd totally be down for a GGT/OTT Mario Kart match... or just playing anyone anyway. For me it's either going to have to be really soon or in a little while as we're moving a week from tomorrow.[/quote]

:)

:oops:

------

Can you set up a team match where you specify the teams?

Also what would be the best way to do a 1v1 match on MK? Just do a room with the two of you? Or do a regional race and keep track of who beats who more over a span of 5 or so races?

Last edited by a moderator:
1 v 1 would be easy enough. Just create a room and have the other person join in and go. I think there might be a way to cap it at 2 people too, not sure though.

Although, 2 player MK is boring :( The regional race might be a more fun idea, if not too conclusive in the "who's better" question, but frankly, I'd rather have fun than find that out, even if it meant getting screwed by every item in the game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back