U Broke My Sista's Face! FIGHTING THREAD XLV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacrana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
It's still all about this:

soulcalibur-iv-20080730013745694.jpg

EVO 2008
http://www.evo2k.com/

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Street Fighter IV (JPN)
* Arcana Heart II (JPN)
* Melty Blood: Actress Again (JPN)
* Blaz Blue (JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (JPN)
* King of Fighters XII (JPN)
* Virtua Fighter 5 R (JPN)
* Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Ausf Achse (JPN)
* Samurai Spirits Sen (JPN)
* Tekken 6 (USA)
* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JPN)
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (JPN)

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Tekken 6 (PS3) *
* Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
* Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
* Arcana Heart (PS2)
* Blaz Blue (PS3) *
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN)
* Battle Fantasia (PS3, 360 JPN)
* King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
* UFC 2K9 (USA)
* Mortal Kombat vs DC (USA)
* Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) *
* Samurai Showdown Collection (Wii, PS2)
* King of Fighters Orochi Saga (Wii, PS2)
* World Heroes Collection (PS2)
* SNK Arcade Classics (PS2, PSP)

* TENTATIVE

I was playing the TV Games Mortal Kombat 1 a little while ago. Heh.

I've been considering getting Tekken 5DR on PSN. I liked what little I played of the original T5 in the arcade last year, so I'm thinking maybe. But I've got other games I've got to complete first.

Yeaaaah I move out in a day or two!

Has anything been said about hnk2 yet?

Hmmm, what about MI RA2? Will that be any good?

Hell yea! After a year of laziness, I'm finally finishing my Street Fighter Happ Mod tomorrow. Will post pics! For now though, it's off to Atlantic City.

Also: Zew, Rodimus, Depascal, Anyone else with 360 version SC4..... I got the 360 version of SC4 now, so hit me up for some games. I only got to play 1 online match so far and the dude just poked the shit out of me with Ralphael and it wouldn't let me block! I only won 1 round.

hey Markmang and gunmang and all o ther mangs who are down with the sheeyit.

I posted new yukie Kawamura pics on SRK, your favorite girl!!

go!

what character?!?!?! sheeyit I'm a REAL ASS DOOD!!

look at this... LOOK AT THIS!!

:slaps face:

see dat shyt?!?!?! I'm real motherfucker!!!

Played a few more matches of SC4 on Live. It's so much fun if you can get a lagless game goin.

Also, I picked up X today, and really like her. She was my girl in SC2, and she's not quite the same anymore, but she's alot of fun. Like I said earlier, everyone hit me up for games. And Chac, switch over to 360 version so we can do BATTLE.

We'll see. I'm really just waiting for something that evidences that yes, the 360 version is better (apart from online stuff)

Yeah, I want proofs. Then I can go to Blockbuster and see if I can switch up my PS3 SCIV to the 360 version. I doubt it though. However, If I can return it for full, that'd be good stuff cuz then I can just buy the 360 version.

[quote name='akilshohen']I'm available for the 360 version also. Cervy player here, dabbling into other characters though.[/QUOTE]

Nice just added you. Should be on tomorrow night to play.

Off-Topic: Anyone else get Geometry Wars 2? What an awesome game.

Never got into EEEE, but to be honest I never gave it a chance. The various modes in GW2 are awesome though, I really wish you could play it online.

Yea it has voice chat.

And Calibur Forum is the slowest forum ever.

We're planning on switching the forum to a new server/domain. lol.

Final number of entrants for EVO2008 tournaments:

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - 69
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 102
Super Street Fighter II TURBO - 127
Capcom vs SNK 2 - 136
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 153
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - 193

Numbers are down this year, but damn, GO ST! (GGPO in disguise) !

Next year should be SUPER crazy with all the new fighting games.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nice just added you. Should be on tomorrow night to play.

Off-Topic: Anyone else get Geometry Wars 2? What an awesome game.[/quote]
I have to warn you, I'm usually up extremely late. haha.

Geo 1 was fun in the demo, I might pick up part 2. I like the number of game modes, I need to see how it compares to galaga legions first though.

[quote name='Chacrana']It sounds like everyone who's seen the two versions says that the 360 version is slightly better... looks like that PS3 version's getting gone. God, what a worthless system.[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed the slowdown much? It seems pretty infrequent and minor when I'm not purposely trying to invoke it. I don't think I'll switch because of it. Maybe it's just me though.

[quote name='Magentis']Have you noticed the slowdown much? It seems pretty infrequent and minor when I'm not purposely trying to invoke it. I don't think I'll switch because of it. Maybe it's just me though.[/QUOTE]

Personally I have only noticed the slowdown once on the boat stage. It hasn't affected the gameplay at all for me. I was thinking about switching but for something so minor I don't think it's worth the hassle.

[quote name='Magentis']Have you noticed the slowdown much? It seems pretty infrequent and minor when I'm not purposely trying to invoke it. I don't think I'll switch because of it. Maybe it's just me though.[/QUOTE]

It seems to happen mostly when someone does an unblockable attack or something visually fancy. It's a minor thing, but I really don't like having that issue when the other version is supposedly golden.

The presumably functional online play is a bonus, too.

So after a couple days with the Japanese Samurai Shodown anthology I'm not super thrilled. I think I was spoiled by Street Fighter Alpha/Zero Collection. I mean, progressive scan, multiple versions of each game, Hyper SFA, etc. It was just such a definitive package and SS anthology is not.

No progressive scan, imperfect ports (loading times in SS3, 4 and 5?!).

What they should've done is ditch Samurai Shodown Tenka (the solo release back in 2006 was sufficient) and worked on getting SS 1-5 perfect. Instead it's a somewhat sloppy SNK-Playmore port job.

I'd love to have hope for the US release but I'm fairly certain it will be even more broken.

[quote name='Halo05']So after a couple days with the Japanese Samurai Shodown anthology I'm not super thrilled. I think I was spoiled by Street Fighter Alpha/Zero Collection. I mean, progressive scan, multiple versions of each game, Hyper SFA, etc. It was just such a definitive package and SS anthology is not.

No progressive scan, imperfect ports (loading times in SS3, 4 and 5?!).

What they should've done is ditch Samurai Shodown Tenka (the solo release back in 2006 was sufficient) and worked on getting SS 1-5 perfect. Instead it's a somewhat sloppy SNK-Playmore port job.

I'd love to have hope for the US release but I'm fairly certain it will be even more broken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was disappointed when I read NCSX's impressions and they said that the games were somewhat off. Ordinarily, I'd expect the US release to be more fucked up, but after reviewing the surprisingly competent SNK Arcade Classics on the Wii (of all things), I'm hopeful.

Worst case scenario: I'll just buy the originals...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that wavedashing tutorial sounds nice. I hope someone uploads it online somewhere.[/quote]

I hope so too, I would rip/upload it but Enterbrain has been watching my site, youtube, and flickr accounts for any scans/vids lol.

hey, i know this has been asked many times already but....is the Playstation 3 Soul Caliber IV Arcade Stick worth getting? cause using that Points2Shop crap, i can get it for free...or save it for a game

The consensus seems to be that it's a very functional stick that, while not as good as the HRAP, definitely gets the job done.

do u kno how to solder?!?!?!

look at each button... see where onto the PCB it's connected to, take notes, solder away.

I knew it was gonna be a hit. My lil sister called me last week asking if she could come over and play it after seeing the commercial. She plays Ivy and says "Why does she have the same suit from Part 1? What is she fighting for, a new outfit.....damn her breast are big"

Yo yo Rodimus, tried to hit you up last night for some SC4 games but I guess you were busy. Hit me up sometime.

Also, kinda OT but does anyone in here play CoD4 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back