- - - - -

BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

#811 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:28 AM

Multi-Tab worked in IE, not firefox.

Just bought Godfather Trilogy on Blu for $33 with $9.90 cashback.

#812 munch   la tête de CAG CAGiversary!   19476 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

I just got a PS3 for $275 before cashback!
Spoiler

#813 road3283   Mr. Irrelevant CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:19 AM

Wow, this is pretty cool. Thanks for the info and faq, OP.

Anybody know how long this deal typically lasts?

#814 Archon29   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:19 AM

Working like a charm now. :) If you don't see the 30% off banner on eBay then try clicking on the link that leads to your messages. After I go to that page I see the banner and I can complete the deal. Just got Far Cry 2 PC for $40 shipped and Little Big Planet for $36 shipped.

#815 allyourblood   America's youth sucks. CAGiversary!   3152 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

allyourblood

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:27 AM

Just got a pair of Sennheiser HD280's for $63 after cashback.

get ready; they're tight as all get out! i have a medium-sized head and they're incredibly snug. my wife is shorter and smaller with a much smaller head and even she agrees they're awful tight. if you find them the same, give the Sony MDR-7506 a shot: they're almost identical sound-wise (yes, i own both pairs), but i little more "airy" and just a shade less low-end response.

speaking strictly on quality, i find both to be excellent budget phones, with the real difference coming down to design and comfort. some people love the grip of the HD280s, so you might be all set. just keep the Sony pair in mind if you decide the Sennheisers aren't for you.

good deal, by the way!

#816 edavis0780   Disbarred! STFUJT CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

edavis0780

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:48 AM

I'm not sure how many CAGs are purchasing iTunes gift cards on eBay using this deal, but I thought I'd send out a warning to any CAG interested in purchasing one using Live Search to get cash back.

I recently purchased a $200 iTunes gift card (the code was e-mailed to me) for $85 before cash back. When you think about, that's an amazing mark down. That's less than fifty percent of the retail value before cash back. One has to wonder how the seller can afford to take such a loss (and in many cases, how the seller can afford to repeat this sale almost a hundred times).

Well, after using up about $20 of my iTunes credit, I tried to download a song (The Rolling Stones Play With Fire ironically) and iTunes said that my account had been suspended. After contacting Apple Customer Support, I found out that the gift card I had purchased had originally been purchased using a stolen credit card, and the card owner had issued a chargeback.

Fortunately, they decided that a temporary suspension was enough and I was allowed to keep the songs that had already been downloaded. This is not the situation in all cases though. Some iTunes users have been permabanned and their iTunes accounts deleted.

So basically, just be careful if something looks like it's too good to be true. If anyone needs more information, please go to:
http://reviews.ebay....000000006868109

Thanks for your time, and eBay safely.

#817 BarryC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

I'm not sure how many CAGs are purchasing iTunes gift cards on eBay using this deal, but I thought I'd send out a warning to any CAG interested in purchasing one using Live Search to get cash back.

I recently purchased a $200 iTunes gift card (the code was e-mailed to me) for $85 before cash back. When you think about, that's an amazing mark down. That's less than fifty percent of the retail value before cash back. One has to wonder how the seller can afford to take such a loss (and in many cases, how the seller can afford to repeat this sale almost a hundred times).

Well, after using up about $20 of my iTunes credit, I tried to download a song (The Rolling Stones Play With Fire ironically) and iTunes said that my account had been suspended. After contacting Apple Customer Support, I found out that the gift card I had purchased had originally been purchased using a stolen credit card, and the card owner had issued a chargeback.

Fortunately, they decided that a temporary suspension was enough and I was allowed to keep the songs that had already been downloaded. This is not the situation in all cases though. Some iTunes users have been permabanned and their iTunes accounts deleted.

So basically, just be careful if something looks like it's too good to be true. If anyone needs more information, please go to:

Ouch, that sucks man. But even buying a $200 dollar iTunes gift card for $200 on eBay with this deal would make it pretty sweet. 60 bucks off for free :)!

#818 Plinko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

Great post--I just bought one of these $100 ones. My question is what ebay user you bought it from. I bought from one who had high feedback at 100% rating--what about yours? I'm wondering if it's the same guy.

Edit: Just found out that the seller had all of his current auctions taken off ebay--and his past auctions as well.

Can you do a paypal chargeback for something like this?

Edited by Plinko, 19 October 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#819 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

Whatever issues they were having with some accounts (like mine) yesterday it's back and working perfectly fine now.

#820 kklems   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Don't forget about items like bubble mailers with this deal. If trade or sell alot of games those #2 mailers can add up. I just scored some for $.16 each after cash back. In the past the cheapest I can get even buying bulk (1k or so) (except for a rare sale) is around $.18 or $.19 each. I think my seller was valuemailers (I have bought from them in the past via amazon without problems) They sell 100 for $22.95 with free ship minus cash back for a total of $16.07 per 100. I know alot of time I see goozex trades come to me in the usps padded envelopes that cost over $1 each.

#821 silver001   silvermember CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

silver001

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

not sure if any1 asked the question b4 but how long before you get your money back.

#822 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3550 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

get ready; they're tight as all get out! i have a medium-sized head and they're incredibly snug. my wife is shorter and smaller with a much smaller head and even she agrees they're awful tight. if you find them the same, give the Sony MDR-7506 a shot: they're almost identical sound-wise (yes, i own both pairs), but i little more "airy" and just a shade less low-end response.

speaking strictly on quality, i find both to be excellent budget phones, with the real difference coming down to design and comfort. some people love the grip of the HD280s, so you might be all set. just keep the Sony pair in mind if you decide the Sennheisers aren't for you.

good deal, by the way!

Thanks for the tips, I also wear glasses so I might have to switch to contacts when wearing them so they don't squish the frames into my skull. I've heard people even suggesting putting them on a large ball or stretching them for a couple of days. I'll make sure to give the MDR-7506's a shot if the HD280's are too tight.

#823 bobraskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

bobraskin

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

great tips im really happy iv saved quite a bit. many thanks

Edited by bobraskin, 01 November 2008 - 11:18 PM.

#824 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22417 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

not sure if any1 asked the question b4 but how long before you get your money back.

Read the first post.:roll:

#825 qwerty1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

I thought under the old terms you were limited to 6 transactions AND $250 cash back TOTAL for your account, which seems realistic and pretty good, but if they've really changed to $200 per transaction for 12 deals then that is just amazing.

Nope its always been a per transaction limit, never a cumulative amount.

#826 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3550 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

Just got PayPaled my CB, originally requested from 10/10.

#827 playguuu   Wisdom CAGiversary!   2883 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

got $18 cash back after a preorder of littlebigplanet. sometimes I just love Microsoft for having so much money

#828 bcasey03   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

bcasey03

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Hmmm may be time to pull the trigger on a new home theater receiver.

#829 pinoy530   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

I thought under the old terms you were limited to 6 transactions AND $250 cash back TOTAL for your account, which seems realistic and pretty good, but if they've really changed to $200 per transaction for 12 deals then that is just amazing.

The original terms were $250 per transaction for 3 transactions. It then changed to $200 for every 6 and now $200 for every 12.

#830 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Just got NBA 2k9 for $34 shipped.

This has been great, but I've also ended up spending much more money than I had anticipated. Still, I've spent $190 (which included $20 already off MSRP) and gotten $50 back, so that's nice. 26% average savings (I got one item at 20%) :)

#831 Perfect*Ending   Cute Kelly CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Perfect*Ending

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

I hope this sale can last a bit longer. Need to get Guitar Hero World Tour bundle!

#832 silver001   silvermember CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

silver001

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

I know that it is suppose to take 75 days, but to those who have used it, did it actually take that long to receive that money. Now that is the question.

#833 qwerty1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

I know that it is suppose to take 75 days, but to those who have used it, did it actually take that long to receive that money. Now that is the question.

yes. thats based on the actual time for myself and others to recieve the money. Its 60 days to get through the timer then an additional 14-15 for them to transfer it into the paypal account.

#834 funkydunkleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

funkydunkleman

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:28 AM

Just used this to get me a 120 gb HDD for my 360. I should be getting $27 back.

#835 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22417 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:39 AM

Actually took me longer for my first two transactions. I waited 60 days, requested my refund, waited 15 days for but never received it. I emailed them and they said it would take a week longer because of issues they were having. A couple of days later, I got it.

So, just stay on top of it.

#836 thirtytwoutside   HOW CAN SHE SLAP CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

thirtytwoutside

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:00 AM

Just bought a snowboard I've been wanting to buy for a while. If there's one thing that I spend more money on than videogames, it's snowboarding... sigh. Oh well - a reluctant thanks, CAG!

#837 Vcize   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Yep, took the full ~75 days. 60 for the cash to become available on Live.com, and then 14 days for the transfer to paypal.

#838 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

Only took about 8 days for the paypal transfer on my last cash back purchase, I think. Not like that's a big difference.

#839 radjago   Long-time CAG CAGiversary!   4077 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:19 PM

Just used this to get me a 120 gb HDD for my 360. I should be getting $27 back.

Which seller? One from Hong Kong or the US?

#840 MightyHealthy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

MightyHealthy

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

Has anyone been able to get cashback, if the purchase didn't reflect it on the order screen?

My cookies have been acting quite strange, and might have kicked me out of eligibility for this deal :(

It looks like I'll have to e-mail support...anyone else have any luck, or should I prepare for the worst?

Edited by MightyHealthy, 20 October 2008 - 04:52 PM.