BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Warblade']Keep in mind there's a limit on what you can spend. You can only max out up to $200 cash back, so that's around $667ish on what you can buy. Obviously if you got a $1000 MacBook for $800 that'd still be a good deal, but just a warning for everyone.[/quote]

Yar, I mentioned that on the previous page.

On a side note, to get the most effect out of the 30% discount, the purchase would be around $666, anything above that and the $200 limit is holding you down.

Bought a 60GB external SATA Harddrive for my PS3 to backup my data. $28 total after the cashback.

For anyone who's hesitant to do this, it takes approximately 70 days for the cash to become available to you after tying it to your Live account (60 day waiting period + 10 day grace period), but it goes right to your Paypal without any fees. Did this when it started to get a 60GB PS3 for $375 and got my cashback without any problems.

Keep in mind that there is a minimum balance you need before you can withdraw all your funds. It's not much (maybe 10 or 15 dollars), but something to note for those of you who are making smaller purchases.

Sweet, just pre-ordered Guitar Hero World Tour for the 360 - $200 with free shipping... and $60 back :) $50 off the bundle at release is a pretty sweet deal.

Grabbed DQ4 new for about $25 after cashback and after shipping. Not a huge item, but still a nice little deal. Thanks OP.

i still say this is deal of year.. ive dropped alot of cash on it though :(.

cant figure out if i need anything else right now...plus i think i only have one more shot at using cashback.. ive already purchased 5 items in total dating back to when this started

So I can use this on more than one transaction correct?

Also, is there a limit on how much you can save? I am already getting back $200 from the first transaction, can I still do another transaction?

I've seen this before, but didn't have anything I want to buy... and I was going to buy this stuff anyways, so this is awesome.

New question: if I Buy It Now, and select quantity '2' or '4' or something, and make a single payment, does that count as one purchase, or 2 or 4? I'm more concerned about wasting usages rather than the $200 price cap.

Crimson and I just bought Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Book 3 Collection :)

Thanks OP and Syn for the heads up.

~HotShotX

Used this on a BBC Planet Earth Set, got $10.47 back.

And I'm pissed they didh't start this like 5 days sooner. Could have used it on the HD DVD player I ordered. :bomb:

I might pick up a new Xbox 360 120gb hd with this. It's $144.99 with BIN with Buy.com on eBay. It'd be a little over $100 with 30% off. Nice!

[quote name='spideymike']I might pick up a new Xbox 360 120gb hd with this. It's $144.99 with BIN with Buy.com on eBay. It'd be a little over $100 with 30% off. Nice![/quote]

I'm thinking about picking up the 120GB HDD, as well. I haven't had any luck with trying to find a used one at GS, so this is probably my next best option.

EDIT: Unfortunately, you can't buy it through...um...Buy, because you have to checkout through their site, apparently, and this promotion only applies if you checkout through eBay and PP.

too bad the funds I have in my paypal account are the exact amount I need for SR 2 which will be charged to my account next week...plus I'm still waiting on my $325 from the last go around...so if this is still available when I receive those funds (which I doubt) I'll pick up some stuff then....

maybe its cause im at work, but the 30% cashback logo doesn't appear when i click through to ebay...

EDIT: nm, can't right click and open a new tab for ebay.

Denon receiver here i come!

I got my Windows Home Server with this last time @ 25% off. This is tough because now I need to think of something I want. Hmmmmm...

I have never been more thankful to lose an auction for a laptop last night. Thank you OP for saving me $200. I picked up the Gateway laptop from the Best Buy clearance. Thank you so much.

I also picked up Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds for $30 after cashback. Not that great, but I've never seen it on sale minus the DotD I missed.

Opted to go small and got a $100 iTunes gift card for $50 - $15 cashback (eventually). Just had to admit that I don't actually have money available for a big purchase, and I do buy apps from the AppStore, so this will save me money up front and have cashback later too. Seems like the best deal going (but how do these sellers sell $100 worth of iTS store credit for $50? Should I even ask?)

Sweet deal. I picked up 2 DS games, FFIV and TWEWY, for $25 and $24 shipped respectively. I can't picture getting a better price on either of those in the near future.

updated the OP with an explanation of the promotion. assumed most everyone here knew what to do since the other thread was huge.

I just picked up a used 60gb ps3 for $307 shipped after the cashback. Been thinking about getting a ps3 for a while now, and the 30% made my mind up for me.

am i screwed
i can't seem to checkout using paypal, the site won't load

is there anyway i can use a different browser and still get the cashback even though i am halfway through checkout?

Would love to buy an XBox 360 Elite through this - my first XBox. Should I be worried about older units or other possible scams?

I bought phone refill cards for my pay as you go phone(s). Sweet. I did have to keep changing my search criteria to get tracfone to show an ebay link.

[quote name='stoned99']I bought phone refill cards for my pay as you go phone(s). Sweet. I did have to keep changing my search criteria to get tracfone to show an ebay link.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to do this. Just click on any link that shows 30% and just search eBay afterwards.

My girlfriend is looking for a digital camera, and I figured this may yield the best deal. Any recommendations for a camera with 8+ megapixel and with at least 5X zoom?

Just bought PURE for the PS3 for 47.25 and with this discount in the end it will have cost me 33 dollars with shipping thanks to this deal. Thanks OP!

[quote name='blackbird3216']wow, people are so rich in this forum. I would buy a 360, but don't have the finances. Sucks to live in NYC.(gotta pay $2.50 for a soda)[/quote]

not that anyones rich or anything.. its just not worth it to use this on cheap items.. like i was pissed the first time around for using it on mgs4. I rather save $100 + on something then save $10-$20 on something.

This % doesnt come around too often so if someone has been hesistant on buying something a tad expensive.. this deal is icing on the cake.

I know I'm a noob, but I'm not an idiot.

I'm in Canada, but even if I set Live to search the States, I get nothing.

If I search the Cashback site, Ebay is nowhere to be found. If I search for 'Wii' or 'Ipod' on Live.com, I get no cashback links, on the top or on the side. What am I doing wrong?

Is there any significant difference between the 80 GB PS3 Motorstorm bundle and the 80 GB PS3 MGS4 bundle?

The price difference is quite big if it's just for a different game and a Dual Shock 3.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Is there any significant difference between the 80 GB PS3 Motorstorm bundle and the 80 GB PS3 MGS4 bundle?

The price difference is quite big if it's just for a different game and a Dual Shock 3.[/quote]

Only differences are what you listed

[quote name='Cheadyp']Once I have made a purchase what do I have to do so that I can do it again?[/QUOTE]

Do another search. I'm finding that pretty much anything works as long as it is some sort of product you might find on ebay. It's always coming up as 30% off at ebay.

bread's done
Back