BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
New 80 GB PS3 = $440 shipped - 30% = $308

VS

New 80 GB MGS4 PS3 = $600 shipped - 30% = $420

Just wondering, is there any big advantage to buying the MGS4 bundle? The difference is $112. $112 can be used for TRU's B2G1F sale on PS3 games.

[quote name='venomfwa']No matter what I search for, Ebay never appears as an option for Cashback :([/quote]

Its for the United States only unfortunetly.

[quote name='lovemetal626']ive already done this 3 times on my cashback account, do i have to make a new one?[/quote]

nope, you have 3 more for a total of 6 like everyone else.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']So how long does it usually take for the cashback to show up on the live search account?[/quote]

Within 24 hours.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']New 80 GB PS3 = $440 shipped - 30% = $308

VS

New 80 GB MGS4 PS3 = $600 shipped - 30% = $420

Just wondering, is there any big advantage to buying the MGS4 bundle? The difference is $112. $112 can be used for TRU's B2G1F sale on PS3 games.[/quote]

Your question has already been answered

I got the cashback message on eBay pretty quickly (couple minutes). I don't see the pending cashback on my Live account yet though.

My math is wrong above.

Making a correction:

New 80 GB PS3 = $400 - 30% = $280 + $40 shipping = $320 shipped

VS

New 80 GB MGS4 PS3 bundle = $600 - 30% = $420 shipped (free shipping)

So only a $100 savings over the MGS4 bundle, not $112. Just clearing things up in case anyone wants a non-MGS4 bundle to save $100.

^ The MGS4 PS3 is backward compatible with the PS2. The new 80GB PS3 is the same base model as the 40GB, just with the larger hard drive.

Is it compatible with all PS2 games, or most?

I have a nice slim PS2 still, and I'm trying to minimize the cost of the PS3 while still having a large hard drive.

[quote name='venomfwa']No matter what I search for, Ebay never appears as an option for Cashback :([/QUOTE]
you have adblock on? I had the same problem, but then turned adblock off, and there it was.

does anyone know why i cant get this to work. the search results on live.com work fine. i get the link to ebay with the 30% cashback.
but when i click the link, i get to ebay, but there is nothing indicating the deal, and if i click on one of the buy it now auctions, it doesnt show any discount.

Higuy, I've got the same problem. I used this deal a few months back one time, and it worked perfectly. Now every time I try to do it, it doesn't show up on eBay. I log in to my Live account first, and I've tried navigating to eBay both logged out and already logged in to my eBay account. Neither one works. I never see any indication of the cashback deal on the eBay pages.

[quote name='higuy']does anyone know why i cant get this to work. the search results on live.com work fine. i get the link to ebay with the 30% cashback.
but when i click the link, i get to ebay, but there is nothing indicating the deal, and if i click on one of the buy it now auctions, it doesnt show any discount.[/QUOTE]

at least you got it to work. ive never got it to work. i missed out on the 35% deal i figured it didnt work because i was too late. but i saw reports that the discount was always available it was just meager 8%-20% i wasnt going to buy, but i still wanted to test it. never worked. not from my home computer or work computer. very disappointed because i actually would like to make a big purchase today.
still hoping others had this same problem and were able to resolve it. a more common problem is not even getting the ebay cash back link on live.com...at least i can get the link. just clicking that link takes me to ebay with no discounts. i doubt it's a browser problem. i use IE, i figure that's the most common browser?

edit: would firewall software like norton block this from working?

Would somebody that bought something from eBay today post how long it took for the cashback to show up as pending in the Live cashback account status? I didn't get in on this the last time around, but bought something today and was curious.

[quote name='guyver2077']you get a message in your ebay acount which includes a link to your cashback account.

go tmines pretty fast[/QUOTE]
does the paypal order have to clear before it shows up? Because i payed with echeck, and it clears on the 5th. It still doesn't show up on my cashback page, and i ordered at 1pm.

[quote name='guyver2077']you get a message in your ebay acount which includes a link to your cashback account.

go tmines pretty fast[/QUOTE]

I got that message. I'm talking about having the cashback show up as pending in the status screen that comes up after you follow that link.

[quote name='bee01']I got that message. I'm talking about having the cashback show up as pending in the status screen that comes up after you follow that link.[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing, mine shows up as 0 currently and no pending

[quote name='coolsteel']Wondering the same thing, mine shows up as 0 currently and no pending[/QUOTE]

Same. In that FAQ there it says it can take up to 2 days to show up, though. Don't panic yet :)

[quote name='partygirlie21']When you buy something do you have to pay right away, or could I buy some stuff and pay tomorrow...?[/quote]

Within an hour of committing to buy.

[quote name='Shady3011']Sweet. Max applies per order not cumulative, correct?[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing, I'm about to get 200 back on a $700 receiver.. but if its 200 per transaction, I might as well get GHWT to boot.

anyone know for certain?

[quote name='blackbird3216']does the paypal order have to clear before it shows up? Because i payed with echeck, and it clears on the 5th. It still doesn't show up on my cashback page, and i ordered at 1pm.[/quote]

no clue about echeck. didnt even know that was an option..

It can take a bit though after you click on the link in your ebay account..

Mine does not show up yet as pending cashback from my order today

[quote name='edson13']Was wondering the same thing, I'm about to get 200 back on a $700 receiver.. but if its 200 per transaction, I might as well get GHWT to boot.

anyone know for certain?[/quote]
i believe its up to $200 per transaction..

i was also thinking of rock band 2 bundle preorder or ghwt bundle preorder..

Thanks for posting this. I had wanted to get another xbox 360 for a while and I had been waiting for a good deal. With the cashback, I just bought an xbox360 60GB Pro for $212 shipped. Really great deal, so thanks again! I wouldn't have found it without this thread.

I ordered a 120gb Xbox 360 hd that was $139 total with shipping and will cost me $91. Nice! Sure, there are refurbs cheaper, but I'd rather get a new sealed one.

Ordered a Zune 120 GB for $272. Should get back 81 bucks at the end of November. People should probably not post their deals they got with the price deduction included since your price deduction is not a done deal yet and you paid 30% more than you are saying. This will help eliminate confusion for readers of your post who don't fully understand the deal.

[quote name='edson13']Was wondering the same thing, I'm about to get 200 back on a $700 receiver.. but if its 200 per transaction, I might as well get GHWT to boot.

anyone know for certain?[/quote]

its $200 PER transaction. I've already gotten $500 or so back and will be getting another $200.

[quote name='partygirlie21']When you buy something do you have to pay right away, or could I buy some stuff and pay tomorrow...?[/quote]

you have 30 days to pay per the terms HOWEVER i had one transaction which i delayed payment by 2 days on go screwy that didnt show up in my live cashback account so i had to go through MSs CS to get that resolved [painless]. It was the only time of the 3 transactions i delayed the payment by a couple of days. It was probably coincidence, but just thought i'd mention it. The 1 hour limit is how long you have between the time of clicking the cashback link and confirming that you'll buy [or win] the item, not how long you have to pay for it. If you confirm you'll buy/win something for $100 now you'll still get your $30 off tomorrow, or next friday etc...

[quote name='partygirlie21']When you buy something do you have to pay right away, or could I buy some stuff and pay tomorrow...?[/QUOTE]

The rules say you have 30 days or within the time frame specified by the seller.

[quote name='qwerty1']its $200 PER transaction. I've already gotten $500 or so back and will be getting another $200.

you have 30 days to pay per the terms HOWEVER i had one transaction which i delayed payment by 2 days on go screwy that didnt show up in my live cashback account so i had to go through MSs CS to get that resolved [painless]. It was the only time of the 3 transactions i delayed the payment by a couple of days. It was probably coincidence, but just thought i'd mention it. The 1 hour limit is how long you have between the time of clicking the cashback link and confirming that you'll buy [or win] the item, not how long you have to pay for it. If you confirm you'll buy/win something for $100 now you'll still get your $30 off tomorrow, or next friday etc...[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I will just make sure I am ready to pay for the item, just in case. :)

Debating whether or not to get the GHWT bundle, I'm only in it for the drums though, hopefully I could sell the guitar on eBay or a CAG.

*** Please disregard...I clicked on the "Pay Now" and saw the discount. Sorry, moment of insanity due to spending way too much money in one crack!

So if I didn't sign up for the Live account, but did the transaction, do I still qualify for the cashback? I signed up for the Live account after the fact. I didn't pay for the items yet either, as I thought I had to wait for the e-mail from eBay/Live first. However, when I reread the OP's post, it said I would receive the message AFTER I pay? Is that correct? Did anyone NOT sign up for cashback first, then get a notice that they had to sign up for their Live account to take advantage of the discount? Please let me know. Thanks!

FYI, I had the little logo that said you are getting $XX.XX in cashback right before I clicked the "Commit to Buy" button.

Aww man I just bought that Mac Mini a week ago. If I knew about this sale I could have saved almost $200 :( bummer. Maybe I'll order another one and resell the old one lol. Might be worth it actually.

[quote name='goomba478']Aww man I just bought that Mac Mini a week ago. If I knew about this sale I could have saved almost $200 :( bummer. Maybe I'll order another one and resell the old one lol. Might be worth it actually.[/quote]

Which one did you get? I was considering getting one but Apple hasn't updated them in a long while, thought it would be better to spend a little more to a get a MacBook.

bread's done
Back