BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the one I bought. The seller still hasn't shipped it out (she said her father died the day after the auction ended...so I think it's safe to say I understand):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250296731349

a MacBook is a good investment though I really with Apple would get their stuff together and put out a tablet computer. I'd LOVE an Apple Tablet more than anything at this point. I got a great deal considering all the stuff it came with, but 30% off would have been INCREDIBLE =P

Just preordered Rock Band 2 for $60 plus $3 shipping and will receive $18 cashback which makes it $45 total.

Thanks OP! My wallet was skeptical of buying a music game for 60+ smackeroos but now you have somewhat eased the pain.

[quote name='goomba478']This is the one I bought. The seller still hasn't shipped it out (she said her father died the day after the auction ended...so I think it's safe to say I understand):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250296731349

a MacBook is a good investment though I really with Apple would get their stuff together and put out a tablet computer. I'd LOVE an Apple Tablet more than anything at this point. I got a great deal considering all the stuff it came with, but 30% off would have been INCREDIBLE =P[/quote]

Looks good, hopefully you'll find a way to get a Mac Mini and get the 30% discount.

Bad thing is, I have a first-gen MacBook Pro (Core Duo, not C2D), and I really want to get a more powerful regular MacBook, but I would rather use this until it explodes then buy a new one.

I think I'm going to take the plunge on the GHWT bundle for the 360 and a new motherboard for the desktop so I can finally get my Hackintosh.

I am definitely buying a 16 gig iTouch, as soon as I sell my zune.

And that's totally not a plug to get you to look at my tradelist. Only 84 bucks!

I'm thinking that it may be worthwhile to buy something at $600 that I can easily just re-list back on eBay. That way essentially I'll get my $200 free towards my Mac Mini since it's already too late. There's just too many options and I'm scared of waiting to long to miss out on the discount (like last time). Anyone know how long this is good for?

[quote name='menikmati']Looks good, hopefully you'll find a way to get a Mac Mini and get the 30% discount.

Bad thing is, I have a first-gen MacBook Pro (Core Duo, not C2D), and I really want to get a more powerful regular MacBook, but I would rather use this until it explodes then buy a new one.

I think I'm going to take the plunge on the GHWT bundle for the 360 and a new motherboard for the desktop so I can finally get my Hackintosh.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a GHWT bundle--I figure I can sell the mic off for a few bucks to further offset the cost.

Well, picked up a used 20GB 360 hard drive for 31 dollars after cashback
Probably should have waited for the 60 gig hard drive to come out, but I'm only using it for XBLA games, anyway

Also, give about 15 minutes for the cashback message to be sent to your MyEbay inbox

[quote name='dvdgirl']So if I didn't sign up for the Live account, but did the transaction, do I still qualify for the cashback? I signed up for the Live account after the fact. I didn't pay for the items yet either, as I thought I had to wait for the e-mail from eBay/Live first. However, when I reread the OP's post, it said I would receive the message AFTER I pay? Is that correct? Did anyone NOT sign up for cashback first, then get a notice that they had to sign up for their Live account to take advantage of the discount? Please let me know. Thanks!

FYI, I had the little logo that said you are getting $XX.XX in cashback right before I clicked the "Commit to Buy" button.[/quote]

you can set up your account after if you like, it doesnt matter. personally i set my account to the same email that my ebay account is tied to so there wouldnt be any mishaps. When you get the message in ebay, after you pay, that says get your cashback now with a link, you'll be taken to the livesearch site, there you either create an account or sign in with an existing one. Whatever account you use to sign in after having used the link in the ebay message, be it new or existing, is the one that the credit goes to.

[quote name='nogard']I made a purchase and I didn't get any message in My Ebay, what do I do now?!?![/quote]

nothing is instant.

It takes anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or two for the ebay message with which you use to go to live cashback and login to the account you want the funds put into. Then usually 24-48 hours for the money to actually show up in your live account. I think it actually says give it a week but if its not there in 5 days or so feel free to contact their CS via the links provided. Then 60 days from the purchase date before you can claim, then 14-15 more days before the actual transfer into your paypal account is finally completed. Despite how complex this sounds i can personally vouch it works. Has for me, 3 times.

Anyone find a seller for the GHWT bundle for the 360 at a good price? Lowest one I see is $199 with free shipping, which is $60 cashback.

[quote name='menikmati']Anyone find a seller for the GHWT bundle for the 360 at a good price? Lowest one I see is $199 with free shipping, which is $60 cashback.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much cheaper you're expecting to find a preorder for GHWT on eBay for. $10 markup isn't much when you consider that the other auctions will probably charge $20-40 for shipping, and shipping doesn't get the 30% cashback.

Just picked up an Xbox 360 Elite... sweet deal.

It is a little unsettling that there is no money in my Cashback Account, but it does say to wait 24 to 48 hours...

[quote name='windfisher']Just picked up an Xbox 360 Elite... sweet deal.

It is a little unsettling that there is no money in my Cashback Account, but it does say to wait 24 to 48 hours...[/QUOTE]

Nah, don't worry about it--it's the same way this deal worked back over the summer.

[quote name='bee01']I'm not sure how much cheaper you're expecting to find a preorder for GHWT on eBay for. $10 markup isn't much when you consider that the other auctions will probably charge $20-40 for shipping, and shipping doesn't get the 30% cashback.[/quote]

Just seeing what seller is popular with the CAGs so I can bitch if something goes wrong, I got mine from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero-Wor...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm trying to think of something expensive that will hold it's resale value if I choose not to keep it, not sure what to pick though.

I also just bought it from the guy bee01 mentioned. Thanks for the heads up on the deal, fingers crossed now!

Does the email address for your eBay have to match the one for your Live Search id? I have two separate Emails and it showed all the way to the checkout page on Paypal but I'm not sure since the emails are different, or does that not matter? Guess I'll find out soon enough :)

Do you have to buy the same stuff you searched for? I just search for Wii and I get ebay link. I click on it and I do a search on ebay.com for a totally different item and buy it now. Do I get cashback or do I not b/c I searched for 'Wii' but bought something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='goomba478']Does the email address for your eBay have to match the one for your Live Search id? I have two separate Emails and it showed all the way to the checkout page on Paypal but I'm not sure since the emails are different, or does that not matter? Guess I'll find out soon enough :)[/QUOTE]

No. My live.com account has my hotmail email, and my ebay has my sbcglobal email. Just make sure you have a live.com account (using your hotmail email if you want) before doing the search, and log into ebay and let it memorize your user name info for 24 hrs. THEN do the item search on live.com, follow the 30% cashback sponsor link, buy things you want. Once you're done paying, ebay will send you a message to your account's inbox (not your email account), check the message and click on the "Get Cashback Now" button on the right side, and it'll take you to cashback.live.com and asks you to log into live.com or verify your live.com and now your cashback progress will be connected between the 2 sites.

[quote name='testaroo']Do you have to buy the same stuff you searched for? I just search for Wii and I get ebay link. I click on it and I do a search on ebay.com for a totally different item and buy it now. Do I get cashback or do I not b/c I searched for 'Wii' but bought something else?[/QUOTE]

As long as you see the cashback message box that says you're eligible for this item right after you click on Buy It Now, and as long as you see the cashback $ amount right after you click "continue" but before "commit to buy", then you will get cashback. If you don't see the message box then it is not eligible.

I just bought what very well may be the coolest item I'll ever own using this promotion (got $200 back!...or at least I will in 60 days anyway). I bought a Wacom Cintiq 12WX tablet. To afford this I'm going to have to sell my existing Wacom Intuos 3 tablet, but it'll be well worth it I believe.

Any other artists who want a Cintiq here is your chance. It's $975 with free shipping - $200 (Live Search Discount) and you're talking $775. What a steal! Go get one before the sale ends =P

so what happens if you dont buy anything within an hour after clicking the cashback link that redirects you to ebay? if you lose the 30% cashback option, couldnt you just do another search for it.

Here is some help for people wondering about cashback. I just received verification of my cashback in my email and it was in pending when I looked into my account from items purchased yesterday. Timeframe of 24-48 hrs seems accurate so far. On a side note, I sold my 360 on EBAY and the person who won used the 30% coupon, thats awesome.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']so what happens if you dont buy anything within an hour after clicking the cashback link that redirects you to ebay?[/quote]

well nothing really. you just need to use the promotion link again on live.com which essentially re-starts the timer. The one thing to be weary about though is the %. If you click the link when its at 30%, you have that 30% for the hour. If it changes to 8% right after you click the 30% link, which it was for over a month, and you let that 60 minute timer expire, the most you'll get off if you use it again is that 8%.

[quote name='testaroo']Do you have to buy the same stuff you searched for? I just search for Wii and I get ebay link. I click on it and I do a search on ebay.com for a totally different item and buy it now. Do I get cashback or do I not b/c I searched for 'Wii' but bought something else?[/quote]

the link you click through from live.com essentially only acts as a door. once you click that and go to ebay the promotion is active and valid on just about any ebay BIN purchase.

This is awesome! Just scored an Acer Aspire One mini-notebook that I've been wanting for a while now and will be getting over $100 back.

I'll probably do a Guitar Hero World Tour preorder for Wii with the $200 / free shipping guy. Then I'll STILL have some room left for other stuff later.

Lovin' this deal

i wish the damn rock band 2 bundle was out already.. looking for a pre-order deal on that.

cant really decide which would be better.. rb2 bundle or ghwt bundle

I was able to search for the item + Ebay once, and get a listing towards the end of the first page... though really, like other people have said, you can probably click the link in the original post, then click on the Ebay link that it gives you, and then Buy It Now... before you confirm?, and definitely before you pay, a little cashback symbol will show up (it'll be clearly visible), and then before you pay (or something) it'll show the total savings. I think there will be a banner advertising the 30% off at the top of the item's page before you do anything at all.

It took about 20 hours for the cashback to show up in my account.

wohoo, i picked up the rock band ion drum set for 250 shipped after cashback. Also picked up a 120gb 360 hdd for 62 shipped after cashback

Got the e-mail from Microsoft today that I have cashback in my account, so it took almost a day for it to post to my account.

Snagged a used PSP-1000 with four games for $150 shipped. Heard Slim's better, but at least I won't have to go out and get Crisis Core and Tactics separately! Wonder if Pirates of the Carribean Dead At World's End and Death Jr. are any good...

Sorry if this has been brought up, but does anyone know how long this deal is going for?

[quote name='epb']Sorry if this has been brought up, but does anyone know how long this deal is going for?[/quote]

unknown. When it initially launched a few months back 35% lasted a few days, it then dropped to 25% for a couple days, then to 15% then back up to about 20% for about a week then it dropped down to 15%, then 12%, then 8% which is where it stayed for over a month.

[quote name='qwerty1']unknown. When it initially launched a few months back 35% lasted a few days, it then dropped to 25% for a couple days, then to 15% then back up to about 20% for about a week then it dropped down to 15%, then 12%, then 8% which is where it stayed for over a month.[/quote]

Thanks. Good to know.

bread's done
Back