360 Data Migration Kit Discussion

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Sorry, don't have the kit anymore. Unless the CAG who has mine wants to let me know, because I completely forgot who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get it for free,like I did just keep calling and making up a story that you bought a 120 gb hardrive and it did not come with the Migration cable

[quote name='PINKO']Get it for free,like I did just keep calling and making up a story that you bought a 120 gb hardrive and it did not come with the Migration cable[/quote]

So just keep telling lies until someone finally believes you? Sounds like a typical Republican strategy to me.

;) I kid.

totally serious.

[quote name='PINKO']Get it for free,like I did just keep calling and making up a story that you bought a 120 gb hardrive and it did not come with the Migration cable[/QUOTE]

You don't have to be calling or anything. Just go to their page, print out their request form. Like someone on the other thread said under Elite 360 info just write "On order".

Microsoft is really isn't stingy on these. I mailed mine last week, got a migration kit yesterday. Then for some strange reason I got another one today. So they definitely will send it to you if you request it.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']You don't have to be calling or anything. Just go to their page, print out their request form. Like someone on the other thread said under Elite 360 info just write "On order".

Microsoft is really isn't stingy on these. I mailed mine last week, got a migration kit yesterday. Then for some strange reason I got another one today. So they definitely will send it to you if you request it.[/quote]

^ This

I did this when I got a $70 120GB from Gamestop a few weeks back, and I also got 2 kits.

The first was sent from Indiana, and the second from Texas

[quote name='manthing']^ This

I did this when I got a $70 120GB from Gamestop a few weeks back, and I also got 2 kits.

The first was sent from Indiana, and the second from Texas[/quote]
Ditto. Faxing it in definitely works - I marked my new serial number as "Pending shipment from Amazon".

Got the transfer kit from Access_Denied today. Looks like others can find it easily via Microsoft as well, but if anybody wants it before I send it back, you can pm him or myself to let us know.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']You don't have to be calling or anything. Just go to their page, print out their request form. Like someone on the other thread said under Elite 360 info just write "On order".
[/quote]

You have a link?

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']
Microsoft is really isn't stingy on these. I mailed mine last week, got a migration kit yesterday. Then for some strange reason I got another one today. So they definitely will send it to you if you request it.[/quote]

Microsoft mailed me two of them too. Strange that it happened to you too, probably others as well.

[quote name='fish23']How long did it take you guys to get yours?

I ordered on the 19th of Oct.

It's still not here :([/QUOTE]

It took me a little less than a week. Sent it I believe 22 and got the first one on the 28th, and the second kit on the 29th.

@sailorjensen

You can transfer to another hard drive anytime I believe as long as it's the same size or larger than the original hard drive. So 20 >> 60 or 120 or 120 >> 120 but not 120 >> 60 or 20.

You can transfer the hard drive content as many times as you want.
The only thing you can't do more than once per 12 months is transfer the licenses to all downloaded (purchased) content to a new console. Transferring the license to a new hard drive or console will allow you to play all downloaded content WITHOUT the need of being ONline.

Ah, thanks for the info on the "On order" thing. I'm grabbing one off Ebay with Live Cashback and I don't believe it'll be coming with the transfer cable. This information just saved me $20 to $30.

Awesome!

I borrowed a Data Migration Cable from a friend of mine but he didn't remember it needed a disc and he doesn't believe he still has it. Any suggestions on what I can do?

I called up Microsofts tech support to find out about getting a replacement disc and the rep told me he could send me a whole new kit but it wouldn't work because the kit would only work on transferring the data to an elite console. So is this guy full of crap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he is full of crap. The thing is, these kits were made for the specific reason if you are upgrading consoles, so that's probably why he said that. The truth is it can be used for any console and any hard drive as long as it is equal or larger in size than the original hard drive.

[quote name='slickkill77']Holy crap. Mines about to sell on ebay for $28.50 plus....Man I love the uninformed[/quote]

Indeed. I sold one for like $40.

Not to mention my 20Gb hdd is selling for $20 +. So basically I got a 60Gb Hdd for $65 off of ebay - $16.50 live cashback - the 20gb hdd - the transfer cable = I got the 60Gb hdd for free

$65 (60GB Hdd)
-$30 (Selling transfer kit)
-$20 (Selling 20GB Hdd)
-$16.50 (cashback)
----------------------
Money in the bank for me. It was worth it to get that 60GB hdd after all

Anyone know how long their kit takes to come? Like from the day they sent in the request? (Couldn't fax, had to send it via pidgeon.)

I sent mine in last week some time and want to get it here before the 19th so that I'm set for the NXE. I've got the 120 GB HDD, now I just need the damn cables!

[quote name='SuperTongue']Anyone know how long their kit takes to come? Like from the day they sent in the request? (Couldn't fax, had to send it via pidgeon.)

I sent mine in last week some time and want to get it here before the 19th so that I'm set for the NXE. I've got the 120 GB HDD, now I just need the damn cables![/QUOTE]

Takes about a week. I got the first one in like 4 days, and the second one a few days later.

Can someone on here confirm that the kit works transferring from a 20gb to a 60gb HDD? My console decided to RRoD on me, but thanks to Costco's warranty policy, I can swap it out for a new one with a 60gb HDD. So now I'm just trying to figure out how to move data from my old hard drive to the new one.

Hm, I think they may have caught on to the "on order" trick. I sent in my request a little over two weeks ago and I have yet to receive or hear anything from microsoft.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Can someone on here confirm that the kit works transferring from a 20gb to a 60gb HDD? My console decided to RRoD on me, but thanks to Costco's warranty policy, I can swap it out for a new one with a 60gb HDD. So now I'm just trying to figure out how to move data from my old hard drive to the new one.[/quote]

The only thing you can't do with the kit is transfer data from a larger drive to a smaller drive. Everything else goes. You'll be fine.

[quote name='SuperTongue']Anyone know how long their kit takes to come? Like from the day they sent in the request? (Couldn't fax, had to send it via pidgeon.)

I sent mine in last week some time and want to get it here before the 19th so that I'm set for the NXE. I've got the 120 GB HDD, now I just need the damn cables![/quote]
I called for mine and was told up to 10 business days. I'm sure it varies depending on where you are since I'd imagine it comes UPS ground or standard USPS.

Fortunately I got one from a friend and did the transfer last night. Worked like a charm & I have plenty of storage now.

[quote name='MtlTom']I called for mine and was told up to 10 business days. I'm sure it varies depending on where you are since I'd imagine it comes UPS ground or standard USPS.

Fortunately I got one from a friend and did the transfer last night. Worked like a charm & I have plenty of storage now.[/quote]

I called for mine on Nov. 2. Last week, they told me it was "fulfilled" on Nov. 5 and it would take 5-8 business days to arrive :bs:. I still don't have it.

I'm calling them later today and I'll update with anything new.

I called for a kit but they wouldn't send me one without an Elite serial number.

Any way around this? I bought a new HD off Ebay but need the kit.

Can I borrow someone's? My itrader info is clean. :)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I called for a kit but they wouldn't send me one without an Elite serial number.

Any way around this? I bought a new HD off Ebay but need the kit.

Can I borrow someone's? My itrader info is clean. :)[/quote]

I doubt anyone is going to give you the serial number off their console. You need try what has already been suggested in this thread. Send in a request...via fax is better, but many have gotten through the mail, as well...and just put that your Elite is on order. They may have caught onto this, but it's your best bet.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I doubt anyone is going to give you the serial number off their console. You need try what has already been suggested in this thread. Send in a request...via fax is better, but many have gotten through the mail, as well...and just put that your Elite is on order. They may have caught onto this, but it's your best bet.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask for a serial number -- nor did I ever think in a million years that would be provided to me. I will try the fax route regardless though, thanks.

Are folks still borrowing units as the OP mentioned?

It was just clarified to me that an overseas phone rep is not authorized to ship the migration kit to a USA address. I'm off to fax a form now.

Let's see if the "On Order" trick still works.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']My bad. The way your post is worded, it sounds like you want a serial number from someone. Honest mistake.[/QUOTE]

No worries bigdaddy, I just didn't want to come off as an uber-cheap-ass, lol.

It's all good. Cheers. :)

bread's done
Back