[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
good prices for shingu and witch hunter both of which i have. Shuffle is a good deal and I am tempted based on the animation quality but the first volume seemed terrible when I saw it. Do the cute girls balance out the insipid plot? I'm probably going to pass for now at least.

The Shuffle! bundle is more or less for those who still want to get the singles without the artbox (this is OOP and only select retailers carry this now like Best Buy). And it's for those who like the covers/artworks and the bonus posters for each volume. Otherwise people may want to wait for the complete collection of which may be coming in March (should be retailed @ $69.98).

so the prices will be effective till the 21st?

not too shabby, I like Robin...

but shipping won't be free till 50, and I hope to spend that much to not have to pay it.

nice find!

[quote name='xycury']so the prices will be effective till the 21st?

but shipping won't be free till 50, and I hope to spend that much to not have to pay it.

nice find![/QUOTE]

The bargain bin sale stuff has been moved to the the regular bargain bin, so that might provide ample filler for people.

[quote name='Grico']Shuffle is a good deal and I am tempted based on the animation quality but the first volume seemed terrible when I saw it. Do the cute girls balance out the insipid plot? I'm probably going to pass for now at least.[/QUOTE]

The cute girls *are* the insipid plot. And no, it doesn't improve.

[quote name='Grico']The bargain bin sale stuff has been moved to the the regular bargain bin, so that might provide ample filler for people.[/quote]
FYI, the discounts from Bargain Bin Blowout Sale will be removed (probably later today). So enjoy it while it lasts...

[quote name='xycury']so the prices will be effective till the 21st?

nice find![/QUOTE]

No I believe the discounts are per day. E.G. all the stuff that's on sale today for those 3 (witch hunter, Shuffle and Shingu) will go back to regular price tomorrow and a new set will take over as being on sale.

[quote name='wormraper']No I believe the discounts are per day. E.G. all the stuff that's on sale today for those 3 (witch hunter, Shuffle and Shingu) will go back to regular price tomorrow and a new set will take over as being on sale.[/quote]

It has never been like that for this type of sale over the years. The discounts will be valid until the 21st as the sale guideline indicated (unless there is a counter for the product).

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until midnight, December 21st.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

Wow, that's crazy... 3 items in one day !!! 12X3 = 36 titles. I wait til last day to get them all.
1. Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars

[quote name='Grico']The bargain bin sale stuff has been moved to the the regular bargain bin, so that might provide ample filler for people.[/quote]

sweet i can still get school rumble vol 4 w00000

Be careful about ordering from Rightstuf. After hearing horror stories of how they refused to swap titles for those 25for100 sales and how they wouldn't add an item to my order, their customer service has taken a dive in quality.

Just make sure you order what you want in one go, because they don't like changes to your order.

Shingu sounds interesting and seems like a good value for $20. I'll wait to see what else goes on sale before I place an order, though.

[quote name='B:L']Be careful about ordering from Rightstuf. After hearing horror stories of how they refused to swap titles for those 25for100 sales and how they wouldn't add an item to my order, their customer service has taken a dive in quality.

Just make sure you order what you want in one go, because they don't like changes to your order.[/QUOTE]

My experience this past weekend - changing the same order twice - says otherwise.

[quote name='B:L']Be careful about ordering from Rightstuf. After hearing horror stories of how they refused to swap titles for those 25for100 sales and how they wouldn't add an item to my order, their customer service has taken a dive in quality.

Just make sure you order what you want in one go, because they don't like changes to your order.[/quote]

I also had no problems changing orders in the 25 for 100 sale and the bargain bin items before. Don't blame them if you send an email instead of calling and by the time you call the item is already packed up.

As long as you talk to rightstuf before your item is packaged they will swap with no hassle, or even let you add to it. It looks like you ordered on 12/5 and then didn't call until the 8th. By then it was already packed and they couldn't change the order. Can't really see anything they did wrong here.

So far I have an intrest in Shingu. Will see what else is on sale.

# DAY 01:
* Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection (Hyb): $19.99 (66% OFF)
# DAY 02:
* Suzuka DVD Box Set (Hyb): $34.99
===========================================
I gotto work overtime this week to spend on this box set!! :(

So far, just Witch Hunter Robin for me. Not ordering until the end so I can see everything before picking (and get my next paycheck.)

[quote name='B:L']Just make sure you order what you want in one go, because they don't like changes to your order.[/QUOTE]

Well that would be true for any retailer, wouldn't it? They'll still do it if you can get a hold of them before they start processing- but considering quick turnaround is the goal, you shouldn't count on being able to change an order anyway.

Witch Hunter Robin is a great series. It's sitting on my shelf from an amazon sale last year. It's a bit more cerebral then some people like but its well worth seeing and owning if you don't already have it.

Looks like day 2 is a bust as well. The only anime I would even consider getting is Suzuka... but only if it were a little cheaper. I might get it if nothing else of interest goes on sale.

I'm hoping for some of the righstuf series i don't have yet to show up. Also Bandai Visual stuff would be awesome but very unlikely to happen.

[quote name='Brian9824']I also had no problems changing orders in the 25 for 100 sale and the bargain bin items before. Don't blame them if you send an email instead of calling and by the time you call the item is already packed up.

As long as you talk to rightstuf before your item is packaged they will swap with no hassle, or even let you add to it. It looks like you ordered on 12/5 and then didn't call until the 8th. By then it was already packed and they couldn't change the order. Can't really see anything they did wrong here.[/QUOTE]

That's your experience. If the old thread was still around, you can find plenty of complaints about the 25 for 100 sale.

I'm blaming them for uncourteous customer service. This is the electronic age and email is just as valid a form of communication as a phone call. Now, don't misrepresent what happened. The email was sent on 12/5. I COULDN'T CALL before the 8th because they're closed on the weekend, so don't post like I neglected to act for three days.

I called the morning of (once their offices opened again) to check on the order, and it was already "processed". They apparently process their orders immediately before checking their emails for any customer requests. That's a valid business practice, but I wouldn't call it ethical. It's equivalent to banks processing withdrawals first before deposits to try and get you to overdraft.

So I don't appreciate being told in a condescending unempathetic voice that "you SHOULD have called!" When calling would have done nothing in this circumstance. The way it is, customers who order over the weekend and want to make changes to their order are screwed. Do you really not see anything wrong with that?

If they weren't so rude on the call, I wouldn't mind just putting in a separate order. After all, it was only $3 in shipping. But for that $3, they made me an unhappy customer. For that $3, I'm skipping out on this 12 day sale. For that $3, I'm going to stop recommending to my friends to shop at Rightstuf.

It's bad business.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Well that would be true for any retailer, wouldn't it? They'll still do it if you can get a hold of them before they start processing- but considering quick turnaround is the goal, you shouldn't count on being able to change an order anyway.[/QUOTE]

Rightstuf's motto is "We're different. We care." It's right there in their emails.

They sure don't show it when dealing with problems with weekend orders, though.

[quote name='B:L']That's your experience. If the old thread was still around, you can find plenty of complaints about the 25 for 100 sale.

I'm blaming them for uncourteous customer service. This is the electronic age and email is just as valid a form of communication as a phone call. Now, don't misrepresent what happened. The email was sent on 12/5. I COULDN'T CALL before the 8th because they're closed on the weekend, so don't post like I neglected to act for three days.

I called the morning of (once their offices opened again) to check on the order, and it was already "processed". They apparently process their orders immediately before checking their emails for any customer requests. That's a valid business practice, but I wouldn't call it ethical. It's equivalent to banks processing withdrawals first before deposits to try and get you to overdraft.

So I don't appreciate being told in a condescending unempathetic voice that "you SHOULD have called!" When calling would have done nothing in this circumstance. The way it is, customers who order over the weekend and want to make changes to their order are screwed. Do you really not see anything wrong with that?

If they weren't so rude on the call, I wouldn't mind just putting in a separate order. After all, it was only $3 in shipping. But for that $3, they made me an unhappy customer. For that $3, I'm skipping out on this 12 day sale. For that $3, I'm going to stop recommending to my friends to shop at Rightstuf.

It's bad business.

Rightstuf's motto is "We're different. We care." It's right there in their emails.

They sure don't show it when dealing with problems with weekend orders, though.[/quote]

Not sure how much experience you have in the industry but you emailed customer support. They have to forward the email and bring it to the attention of the people on the floor who actually pack the orders. Those people do not check emails. They just fill the orders as fast as they come in.

I don't see it as a stores responsibility to protect a customer from making mistakes. They let you add, remove items from orders as long as they haven't processed. Something most retailers don't do. Their job is to sell us stuff not to fix mistakes we make.

[quote name='B:L']That's your experience. If the old thread was still around, you can find plenty of complaints about the 25 for 100 sale.

It's bad business.

They sure don't show it when dealing with problems with weekend orders, though.[/quote]

It may not be bad business but an inability. Cust Service shouldn't have been rude though, but if they couldn't change the order, that's not that much fault there.

I am waiting till the 21 to see what I want... don't know if I'll pick up anything but I already have my eye on one item.

[quote name='Brian9824']Not sure how much experience you have in the industry but you emailed customer support. They have to forward the email and bring it to the attention of the people on the floor who actually pack the orders. Those people do not check emails. They just fill the orders as fast as they come in.

I don't see it as a stores responsibility to protect a customer from making mistakes. They let you add, remove items from orders as long as they haven't processed. Something most retailers don't do. Their job is to sell us stuff not to fix mistakes we make.[/QUOTE]

Brian, I know you're a Rightstuf apologist, but can I ask you to refrain from attacking me? The facts are there, you're claiming that I made the horrible customer mistake of ordering over the weekend. For a company that prides itself on good customer service, on how they're different and they care, this is a flaw where weekend customers cannot get the same support that other customers get. They need to understand that customers who order at that time have their needs too, and should allocate resources sufficiently to cover those requests Monday morning once their offices open. A window of opportunity, the same window that customers who order during the week get, is all I'm suggesting.

So contrary to your claims, this is not a mistake on my part, and I'd appreciate you not claiming so. Rightstuf has a missing window of opportunity for customer service, and it is a place they can improve upon. It is better for a company to learn from their mistakes than to blame the customer.

[quote name='B:L']Brian, I know you're a Rightstuf apologist, but can I ask you to refrain from attacking me? The facts are there, you're claiming that I made the horrible customer mistake of ordering over the weekend. For a company that prides itself on good customer service, on how they're different and they care, this is a flaw where weekend customers cannot get the same support that other customers get. They need to understand that customers who order at that time have their needs too, and should allocate resources sufficiently to cover those requests Monday morning once their offices open. A window of opportunity, the same window that customers who order during the week get, is all I'm suggesting.

So contrary to your claims, this is not a mistake on my part, and I'd appreciate you not claiming so. Rightstuf has a missing window of opportunity for customer service, and it is a place they can improve upon. It is better for a company to learn from their mistakes than to blame the customer.[/quote]

You made a mistake on the order and wanted it changed, didn't say you made a mistake in contacting them. You can think whatever you want but the fact is the experience you claim to have had with them is about the exact opposite of most of the users of this site have had. Retail stores are under no obligations to provide customer support on weekends. Doing so raises their operating costs which are then in turn passed back to their consumers.

So it would be nice if you wouldn't badmouth them in a sales thread and let people who actually use the site to enjoy their sales. After all you aren't buying from them anymore so you have no reason to check this thread right? If you really want to keep discussing their issue go make a seperate thread so we can keep this related to sales only. Not going to clutter up this thread anymore.

Anyways since this is a sales thread their are a few deals i'm intrested in seeing if they offer.

Urusei Yatsura has been in their bargain bin for a while now. At 50 dvds it would be VERY intresting if they had a cheaper bundle of entire series.

Also wouldn't mind seeing a Death Note bundle as well. It will also be intresting to see if they pull something at end. I believe last year they had a deal a day and then on the last day added an additional 12 deals to catch everyone off guard.

[quote name='Brian9824']You made a mistake on the order and wanted it changed, didn't say you made a mistake in contacting them. You can think whatever you want but the fact is the experience you claim to have had with them is about the exact opposite of most of the users of this site have had. Retail stores are under no obligations to provide customer support on weekends. Doing so raises their operating costs which are then in turn passed back to their consumers.

So it would be nice if you wouldn't badmouth them in a sales thread and let people who actually use the site to enjoy their sales. After all you aren't buying from them anymore so you have no reason to check this thread right? If you really want to keep discussing their issue go make a seperate thread so we can keep this related to sales only. Not going to clutter up this thread anymore.[/QUOTE]

Why the hostile tone, Brian? It is not necessary and it's inappropriate. When you have to make up lies to defend a corporation, that is when you need to take a step back and take a good look at where you stand. I already stated that I understand your position as a Rightstuf apologist, but that is no reason to take out your anger on me.

You can say I made the "mistake" and assign blame however you want. But to pretend that a corporation never makes mistakes is just naive. There's a complaint in the other Rightstuf thread as well about how their service let them down. Just because a seller has positive feedback doesn't mean those who leave negative feedback are wrong, as you're claiming.

Now, retailers have no obligation to offer customer service during the weekend, I agree. And that isn't what I suggested at all. I was suggesting that they focus their priorities on dealing with customer service requests left over from the weekend. I wouldn't suspect that would be a huge list, but if those requests were processsed before the orders, then problems like this wouldn't exist.

Nowhere did I say that I am not buying from them anymore, I only mentioned that I am very disappointed. You would realize this if you had read my posts rather than froth at the mouth at someone who is seemingly "badmouthing" Rightstuf. As consumers, it is our prerogative to let other potential customers know about our experiences with that retailer to help them decide if that is a place that they want to shop at.

Would you yell at someone who is trying to warn other CAG members about how terrible ToysRUs.com is, and how they've consistently screwed customers over? If you were a ToysRUs apologist, then you would. But this is what you're doing here, trying to prevent someone from voicing their opinion just because you disagree due to corporate loyalty.

I've already said what I wanted to in my earlier posts, so I would appreciate if you stop dragging down this sale thread with personal attacks.

I don't understand why you're being so defensive about this, but if you want to continue this discussion, please take it to PMs. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='B:L']Why the hostile tone, Brian? It is not necessary and it's inappropriate.[/QUOTE]

What's unnecessary and inappropriate is the fact that you find Rightstuf to be a horrible company because they wouldn't fix your mistake and won't let it go.

I don't understand why you're so worked up over this- you placed your order and, unfortunately, screwed up. Also unfortunately, they were unable to fix it in time because they had already package it. It's rough luck, yeah, but there's no need to freak out and denounce the company all together. It's very clear that they do their best to fix orders, and unfortunately your order was not one that could be fixed. It happens. Calm down.

[quote name='Rocko']What's unnecessary and inappropriate is the fact that you find Rightstuf to be a horrible company because they wouldn't fix your mistake and won't let it go.

I don't understand why you're so worked up over this- you placed your order and, unfortunately, screwed up. Also unfortunately, they were unable to fix it in time because they had already package it. It's rough luck, yeah, but there's no need to freak out and denounce the company all together. It's very clear that they do their best to fix orders, and unfortunately your order was not one that could be fixed. It happens. Calm down.[/QUOTE]

Calm down? I'm not the one acting aggressive and attacking another member about "mistakes" and "freaking out", so maybe you should have a taste of your own chill pill medicine. :lol:

Besides, I already stated that if you wanted to take this matter further, please direct it to PMs rather than clutter up the thread with your accusations (and outright lies about screwing up). But if all you want to do is try to discredit me with personal attacks and by redirecting blame, I'd advise you to stop.

[quote name='B:L']rather than clutter up the thread with your accusations[/QUOTE]
I like how, once you get your whining done, you accuse everyone else of clutter and horrible terrible attacks.

Delicious ironing.

I've got to side with Rocko on this one. Where is anyone making "attacks" on you??? You whine non-stop and then accuse anyone who disagrees with you as an "apologist" for the other side and accusations of personal attacks.

[quote name='BrandonLee']Good deal on Witch Hunter Robin, but I already have it. I'm hoping for sales on Hellsing Ultiimate LEs 3 & 4.[/quote]

drool, oh yeah. (although Ep 4 made even me cringe :D )

Typically most of rightstuf's 12 days of Christmas sales have been boxsets and dvd bundles. So i wouldn't expect much in the way of individual discs. Still they have been known to throw in curveballs so anything is possible.

[quote name='BrandonLee']Good deal on Witch Hunter Robin, but I already have it. I'm hoping for sales on Hellsing Ultiimate LEs 3 & 4.[/QUOTE]

Those are quite tough to find deals on.

The best I've ever found were the Suncoast buy 1 get 1 free Geneon sale ($40 for two) and at Best Buy on release day ($~27).

I think all stores have below standard CS.
How ever, the times I've dealt with Right Stuf, It's been nothing but good.
Hopefully, but I doubt it, Yucie is on sale. I missed it last year :/

[quote name='BrandonLee']Good deal on Witch Hunter Robin, but I already have it. I'm hoping for sales on Hellsing Ultiimate LEs 3 & 4.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice - I'm only missing 4, and I gotta have the steelbook to go with the first 3...but it's very expensive. :cry:

[quote name='argyle']Would be nice - I'm only missing 4, and I gotta have the steelbook to go with the first 3...but it's very expensive. :cry:[/quote]

Its only $29.99 @ FYE and you get 50% off another Geneon title, not to mention with flips you could get it as cheap as $10.

at my suncoast its bogo geneon and everything was gone! sigh...like four shelfs were empty lol.... wanted black lagoon season 2

[quote name='ya0']at my suncoast its bogo geneon and everything was gone! sigh...like four shelfs were empty lol.... wanted black lagoon season 2[/quote]

They an special order items, all it takes is a $2 deposit (which comes off the final price). If the items arrive in time for the promotion, they can apply that as well.

bread's done
Back