OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Welcome to the newest clan thread! The old ones were getting a bit huge, so please start frequenting this one instead...

Clan practice schedule:

TUESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL PLAY LARGE CUSTOM GAMES WITH WHOMEVER SHOWS UP, SPLITTING THE ROOMS UP WHEN THEY GET FULL. STAFF MEMBERS WILL LEAD, AND WE WILL PERIODICALLY HAVE NEWBIE TOURS ON THE SIDE.

WEDNESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL BREAK INTO GROUPS OF EIGHT OR FOUR AND PLAY MATCHMADE GAMES (TEAM SLAYER AND BTB). EACH GROUP WILL BE LEAD BY A STAFF MEMBER.

THURSDAYS: 9:30 P.M. CENTRAL - THE 'ELITE' CLAN MEMBERS (WHOM LEDHED, ZEWONE AND MYSELF DEEM APPROPRIATE) WILL PLAY CLAN MATCHES. THE REST OF THE CLAN IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN CUSTOM OR MATCHMADE GAMES.

Mookyjooky/NarnianCrusader has written some great Halo tips, please go and read them.

Also, there are some great tips videos over at www.jukesbox.com, please watch them all.

Link to our private forums

here are the new admissions requirements:

you must have 100+ posts on CAG or be recommended by a current clan member. if you do, leave your gamertag in this thread and who you were recommended by if applicable.

this will be the policy from now on. and if you're not able to make it to practices regularly, or participate in our forums, don't bother signing up. also, everyone now has a two-week trial period - if you don't play with us, or if you show up and act like a douche, it's obvious we're better off without you.

[quote name='rywateska']I am starting a list...

Those who refuse to use another website for the CAG Halo 2 Clan message board file in:

1. rywateska

(add a number once your name is up so that the next person can easily cut and paste! remember, there are no i's in the this halo 2 clan...only a c, an a, and a g...)[/quote]

there are a number of good reasons we need our own forums:

a) there are 80+ members, and not everyone follows the thread daily

b) anything useful that's said gets buried almost immediately

c) we could have different threads for social halo discussion, strategies, each map, q&a, etc., so everything useful would be easy to find and discuss

d) everyone could make their name on there the same as their gamertag, which would help us know who is who a lot easier

e) it's just a whole lot easier than keeping track of the bloated ones here, and i think it would benefit us a lot

if there's a lot of opposition to this idea by all means let me know, but i really think it would work much better. anyhow, is it that much harder going to one extra website a night? :roll:

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rywateska']I am starting a list...

Those who refuse to use another website for the CAG Halo 2 Clan message board file in:

1. rywateska

(add a number once your name is up so that the next person can easily cut and paste! remember, there are no i's in the this halo 2 clan...only a c, an a, and a g...)[/quote]

c) we could have different threads for social halo discussion, strategies, each map, q&a, etc., so everything useful would be easy to find and discuss

d) everyone could make their name on there the same as their gamertag, which would help us know who is who a lot easier

e) it's just a whole lot easier than keeping track of the bloated ones here, and i think it would benefit us a lot

if there's a lot of opposition to this idea by all means let me know, but i really think it would work much better. anyhow, is it that much harder going to one extra website a night? :roll:[/quote]

Yes rock, its very stressfull to go to another website :lol:

But seriously though, can cheapy maybe add us a forum? Like well all paypal him a dollar or something for another board for us

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rywateska']I am starting a list...

1. rywateska

if there's a lot of opposition to this idea by all means let me know, but i really think it would work much better. anyhow, is it that much harder going to one extra website a night? :roll:[/quote]

rock, are you talking moving into an existing site like Mooky's site, or a completely new site altogether, like http://www.caghalo2clan.org ? Having something other than a thread on the CAG board seems like a good idea, and the "just another page" isn't any issue for those of us with mutli-tab browsers, so I don't see that being a problem for me. Question is, if it's on another site than CAG, who's paying for it? Multiple forums make sense to me, since there's plenty of things we can discuss than in one thread that slides a bit OT at times. Is it something you're truly locked into, for something a little more expandable and manageable?

ryan, why the resistance to move the thread to a forum on its own on another site? Would you prefer a forum on its own on CAG? I know that, at least for me, there has been times that CAG has been unavailable, and seeming like server overload/hiccups being part of the issue. Another site will take a small piece of the load off of CAG, and give us an independant spot to talk about it.

[quote name='greendj27']I just want to point out that we are now ranked #895 in Major Clan Match. Nice Job guys. We're in the top 1000.

Bungie Stats[/quote]

alright, how do you jump to our ranking? why am i an idiot?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='greendj27']I just want to point out that we are now ranked #895 in Major Clan Match. Nice Job guys. We're in the top 1000.

Bungie Stats[/quote]

alright, how do you jump to our ranking? why am i an idiot?[/quote]

Oh crap, for some reason the link isn't working. We are on page 36 of the rankings for Major Clan Match. I'll try to fix the link.

Edit: I fixed it now, there was an extra http:// in there. The link in your quote won't work, but my original is fixed and where I quoted you in this post is also fixed.

Also, for a little motivation for you clan matchers, I noticed that top 500 is only a level 11 ranking away.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='greendj27']I just want to point out that we are now ranked #895 in Major Clan Match. Nice Job guys. We're in the top 1000.

Bungie Stats[/quote]

Oh crap, for some reason the link isn't working. We are on page 36 of the rankings for Major Clan Match. I'll try to fix the link.

Edit: I fixed it now, there was an extra http:// in there. The link in your quote won't work, but my original is fixed and where I quoted you in this post is also fixed.[/quote]

i see the link and everything, but how did you find us on the list? i assume you didn't just scroll through the pages till you saw us, so where do you jump to there from?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='greendj27']I just want to point out that we are now ranked #895 in Major Clan Match. Nice Job guys. We're in the top 1000.

Bungie Stats[/quote]

Edit: I fixed it now, there was an extra http:// in there. The link in your quote won't work, but my original is fixed and where I quoted you in this post is also fixed.[/quote]

i see the link and everything, but how did you find us on the list? i assume you didn't just scroll through the pages till you saw us, so where do you jump to there from?[/quote]

I actually did scroll through the list. I just jumped to the end and jumped a few pages at a time until I found where CAG was. It didn't take too long, but I don't think there is an easier way. At least not that I know of.

CAG is one of the few websites that my employer lets through its big brother web filter, so my vote would to keep it here and maybe set up a separate CLAN forum. it could include any clan discussion. it might encourage other clans to meet up and discuss matches, or clans may be created for other titles like MA2 or Ghost Recon2. in the end it will still continue to focus on Halo2...my .02

[quote name='greendj27']I just want to point out that we are now ranked #895 in Major Clan Match. Nice Job guys. We're in the top 1000.

Bungie Stats[/quote]

Job wll done, guys. Nice to be in the top 900. Now, onto #800!

I will be on tonight (and a good chunk of the weekend). So, if you see me on, dont hesitate to send me an invite.

Also, Count me as one of the clan members that think that our own forums would be beneficial. I think that Rocksolid covered all the reasons that it would help.

Edit: Excellent job on the Clan Matches last night! Movin on Up! To a deluxe appartment in the Skyyyy-i-yyyyy!

I'll be on tonight, though not on Saturday night, have some work things that I need to be dealing with. Should be on Sunday night.

Good games last night, whole mixture of things, including some Juggernaut, CTF, Swords, Sniper, and Rockets, for those of us not doing the clan matches.

Look forward to more tonight.

Glad to see that you guys did well last night. Again, sorry for bailing early. But it looks as though it made little difference.

Anyone on right now? I feel like some Team Slayer.

[quote name='Ledhed']Glad to see that you guys did well last night. Again, sorry for bailing early. But it looks as though it made little difference.

Anyone on right now? I feel like some Team Slayer.[/quote]

Yeah, remind me to go bring my XBox into to work on Monday. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, remind me to go bring my XBox into to work on Monday. :D[/quote]

:wink:

There's nothing like being a lvl 13 Team Slayer and then playing some lvl 2 Head-To-Head. I had one guy quit after I got the first 3 kills on Midship. I still got experience from the win, but I can't view the stats of the match because the little pansy quit. Sorry guy, I got the shotgun first. Life can be a cruel bitch sometimes.

[quote name='Ledhed']:wink:

There's nothing like being a lvl 13 Team Slayer and then playing some lvl 2 Head-To-Head. I had one guy quit after I got the first 3 kills on Midship. I still got experience from the win, but I can't view the stats of the match because the little pansy quit. Sorry guy, I got the shotgun first. Life can be a cruel bitch sometimes.[/quote]

I'm running around at Level 5 head-to-head, so I get some weak level 5's and some very strong level 5's. On Tuesday night, I had two people in a row quit out from the game I was in because I was leading by 3-4 kills from the outset.

Yeah, it's a real issue when people quit because you know the map better than they do and know where to get the weapons. Oh well. Their loss.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']

Also: I've created a group for us on Bungie.net that is linked to our clan, which is where the majority of clan activity and info will be in future.

SO EVERYONE PLEASE GO JOIN THE GROUP![/quote]

Ok, so Ive signed up to join a couple times (wooscarpet), and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']

Also: I've created a group for us on Bungie.net that is linked to our clan, which is where the majority of clan activity and info will be in future.

SO EVERYONE PLEASE GO JOIN THE GROUP![/quote]

Ok, so Ive signed up to join a couple times (wooscarpet), and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

Check it now. You should be in there.

I'm making Custom Halo 2 Gamertags on my Site in the "Clan" link... [Not made just yet... ;-)]

But anyways...I'm making them for my site and if you type out the info [link at the bottom of this post!] you want on them you could end up with something like this

nametagconcepts7rv.jpg

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46197

where is the list of the "elites" or clan players or whatever its called. is it posted somewhere and updated. i figured it would be on page one of each clan thread.

[quote name='gaelan']where is the list of the "elites" or clan players or whatever its called. is it posted somewhere and updated. i figured it would be on page one of each clan thread.[/quote]

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ok guys, here's the list of people who can participate in the clan matches tonight, and every thursday. first off, this is in order of room priority, as in people closer to the top of the list get priority over those on the bottom if the room gets full. being part of this list is based equally on skill, communication and time spent with the clan. you need all three to succeed in a competitive game such as this. also, know that this list may change slightly week to week, but here it is for now. most people seem to have a good idea of where they stand, so if you're not on it and think you should be, you probably will be soon.

rocksolidaudio
zewone
LedheD
Arikado
ryan w
NarnianCrusader
Crymson Echo
JimmieMac
Murcielago77
UGamer X
ZeroSupporT
CheapyD
Jugsta [/quote]

[quote name='gaelan']where is the list of the "elites" or clan players or whatever its called. is it posted somewhere and updated. i figured it would be on page one of each clan thread.[/quote]

good call. it's now in the OP.

From the last game I was in last night, which had me politely suprised in how my sniper skills seem to be improving:

Second place wasn't bad at all.

It's nowhere near the top snipers we have, though it's given me a little more confidence about picking it up when needed.

I think I'm going to leave the controls at sensitivity setting of 7 for a bit, since that seems to be working well.

It looks like Bungie is purging the database from all the cheaters...the highest clans are only ranked as high as 26. Also, we should be higher than 800 once more clans are deleted because I was looking in the 800's and it is full of mid-nines.

I just don't want to go to another website to discuss clans. I joined the CAG clan because I frequent the site often, it works thourgh webblocks, and the ease of discussion with the team. It would be much easier to create a new forum instead of a new hosting site. Please don't take the Cheap Ass Gamer out of the CheapAssGamer Clan...

Narnian, make that into a sideways banner, upright takes up too much screen space.

[quote name='rywateska']It looks like Bungie is purging the database from all the cheaters...the highest clans are only ranked as high as 26. Also, we should be higher than 800 once more clans are deleted because I was looking in the 800's and it is full of mid-nines.

I just don't want to go to another website to discuss clans. I joined the CAG clan because I frequent the site often, it works thourgh webblocks, and the ease of discussion with the team. It would be much easier to create a new forum instead of a new hosting site. Please don't take the Cheap Ass Gamer out of the CheapAssGamer Clan...

Narnian, make that into a sideways banner, upright takes up too much screen space.[/quote]

what he said...
sounds like we have similar problems with big brother web filters. this is the only game site i can access. type xbox into the google search and the screen goes red.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']well, we're about to have a badass solution. hold on to your helmets.[/quote]

You're worse than Mr. Anderson you sonofabitch. Tell us NOW!!!

What needs to be performed to move up in the elites, I am contemplating my performance versus my location in the list, and I really don't get into being ecked out, so I am gunning for the top 8.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']well, we're about to have a badass solution. hold on to your helmets.[/quote]

You're worse than Mr. Anderson you sonofabitch. Tell us NOW!!![/quote]

YES NOW!!!!!! I hate the waiting game, its the worse game ever. Why cant we play hungry hungry hippos instead :lol:

[quote name='rywateska']I need help...and since I game with you people the most, your the best to ask... write me up something to put because I'm at a loss for words http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=713450#713450

EDIT We're now ranked 775[/quote]

I'll take notes during the next game and see if I can offer up some proper quote for you, ryan.

And holy shucking fit, we've moved up to in the 700's? Great news, and thanks to you, Bungie.

[quote name='murcielago77']anyone want to play soon?[/quote]

I want to, but I promised my girlfriend I would make her dinner tonight and she will be home any minute. By the way, what exactly is a caper? The recipe I'm using asks for them and I don't really know what they are. I think they are like a bean, but I really don't know.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='murcielago77']anyone want to play soon?[/quote]

I want to, but I promised my girlfriend I would make her dinner tonight and she will be home any minute. By the way, what exactly is a caper? The recipe I'm using asks for them and I don't really know what they are. I think they are like a bean, but I really don't know.[/quote]

Try here:

http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/generic_frame.html?Capp_spi.html

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='murcielago77']anyone want to play soon?[/quote]

I want to, but I promised my girlfriend I would make her dinner tonight and she will be home any minute. By the way, what exactly is a caper? The recipe I'm using asks for them and I don't really know what they are. I think they are like a bean, but I really don't know.[/quote]

Try here:

http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/generic_frame.html?Capp_spi.html[/quote]

Thanks. Now that I see them, I remember using them. Time to make some Red Snapper Livornese.

[quote name='murcielago77']anyone want to play soon?[/quote]
I'm online right now. So when you get on next I'll send you an invite.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']well, we're about to have a badass solution. hold on to your helmets.[/quote]

He he. The soultion is great. I'm sure you guys will like it.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']well, we're about to have a badass solution. hold on to your helmets.[/quote]

He he. The soultion is great. I'm sure you guys will like it.[/quote]

One thread of breadcrumbs dropped for hints was bad enough. We don't need another one. [-X [-X

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']well, we're about to have a badass solution. hold on to your helmets.[/quote]

He he. The soultion is great. I'm sure you guys will like it.[/quote]

One thread of breadcrumbs dropped for hints was bad enough. We don't need another one. [-X [-X[/quote]

I would let you guys know, but its not for me to announce. I'll let rocksolid handle it when he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back