God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Update: January 28

From PSNBlog.com

There have been a lot of people asking about when God of War III is going to hit store shelves. Well, today I have some good news to share for those of you eagerly awaiting this highly anticipated PS3 exclusive. Kratos fans can get their hands on God of War III beginning Tuesday, March 16! You can pick up the God of War III Ultimate Edition on the very same day, which includes premium collectibles and digital content that is fit for any Spartan warrior. I’m also thrilled to unveil the official box art for God of War III and God of War III Ultimate Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully a 1080p trailer is going to hit the PSN this week. I think it look pretty sweet so far but I just need to see it in HD.

[quote name='Thomas96']well I guess I better fire up God of War 2.[/quote]

Just did that myself - finished last week. Great game IMO.

the trailers looked great, I'm really excited for this thing and want it to come out now! That being said, I was disappointed that there was no release date (even a year would have been fine).

[quote name='thespamofpower']the trailers looked great, I'm really excited for this thing and want it to come out now! That being said, I was disappointed that there was no release date (even a year would have been fine).[/QUOTE]

no need to make a promise that they can't keep - [how many broken promises (release dates) have we suffered through... I can honestly say I'm glad they didn't mention a date.

Trailer looked awesome! Glad I got GOW2 off of Amazon recently so I'll have to beat that and GOW1 to catch up on the story. Of course, I'll have enough time though between release since I have no PS3 yet. :(

Every single trailer tonight was shit (Uncharted gets a pass for looking amazing). DAMMIT HYPE YOU STRIKE ME DOWN AGAIN! Jaffe's "OMG AMAZING GRAFFICZ" was pretty unnecessary over what they showed. Unless they were hiding the graphics that didn't look like every other next gen game ever made behind closed doors.

The game looks 15 months out. And I'm not really sure though, but it doesn't seem like it's 60 fps like the other God of War games.

You really cannot see how good it looks without watching it in HD. Even then, im sure its a lot better in person. Looks like they're using technology from lots of the first party sony games, and im shocked to see so much is done already. If they have the story locked down, i bet this could come out in dec 09.

Great game to a great franchise but I hope they can release this somewhere near the next holiday season.

Looks like im going to have to finally bite the bullet and buy a PS3 sometime next year, this along with a couple of other exlusive titles for the PS3 are looking great, and slowly easing my money out of my pocket.

Meh, I never got through the doldrums of the first one. This looks pretty rad, but I'll probably just rent/borrow it as, like I said before, I just cant get use to the formula which just seems kinda crap to me.

I need to see actual gameplay but I guess the game is so far out that it is too early for that. I hope they drop the Quick Time Events. I am finding that to be tiresome. Canned animations, activated after hitting certain buttons in sequence do not belong in this generation.

Will download the HD trailer tonight. I'm a GoW nut, upon seeing the trailer, i'm hyped! The end it is Kratos! Wage the war on Olympus, take them apart. Avenge for thy suffering and well as the lovely Athena. Will Zeus get crushed by Kratos' wrath this time? Or the treacherous Titans are plotting their own scheme? Nontheless, Kratos, the human, is the true god among them, unleash the chaos and let the end begin...

[quote name='Serpentor']Will download the HD trailer tonight. I'm a GoW nut, upon seeing the trailer, i'm hyped! The end it is Kratos! Wage the war on Olympus, take them apart. Avenge for thy suffering and well as the lovely Athena. Will Zeus get crushed by Kratos' wrath this time? Or the treacherous Titans are plotting their own scheme? Nontheless, Kratos, the human, is the true god among them, unleash the chaos and let the end begin...[/quote]

Go outside. Just for a little while.

Watched the trailer on PSN. Honestly, the visuals don't do it fro me. Everything seems to have that over-normal mapped look. Lighting isn't all that great either. But there's still time to improve.

I'm glad, and a little surprised, to see that only a few people have poo-pooed the trailer.

But then again - I found the trailer from a thread on Gametrailers.com, and everyone flames each other on that site. :p

[quote name='cindersphere']I really don't see what got Jaffe so hyped up about this game. Looks good though.[/quote]

Jaffe said that he saw this and something else that was shown behind close door. He was raving about the things he saw behind close doors. I'm guessing we won't see another trailer until GDC or E3.

It still looked good to me though.

[quote name='OatmealMu']Watched the trailer on PSN. Honestly, the visuals don't do it fro me. Everything seems to have that over-normal mapped look. Lighting isn't all that great either. But there's still time to improve.[/quote]

Ya, I'm with you.

But to me, just looks like they need a few passes on it. I guarantee once they add all the nice special enhancements it will look awesome.

I don't care about the trailer they just need to make sure the story/gameplay is as good as the first two PS2 games. Also it needs to come out in 09.

Actually, you guys/gals didn't look at the HD trailer closely or repetitively... I played the trailer for five times with pauses. Now, i agree that the background looks kinda "bad" in term of color or just plain lack of details. However, Kratos and the bad dudes are very sharp. I paused several times and found no jaggy lines or pixelated drawings.

Now, parts of the trailer are cutscenes, so they suppose to look better than the gameplay graphics. Anyway, i'm happy with the way it's going. Am i impressed? Not totally, but it's better than nothing. Am i hyped? Hell yeah! I guess i need to step outside again...

It looks good to me, but its TOO grey. When everthing is grey like that, it makes things look like puddy.
The trailer must be from an early build. I could be wrong, but if there's a better trailer that could have been shown, then why wasn't it shown?

[quote name='Thomas96']It looks good to me, but its TOO grey. When everthing is grey like that, it makes things look like puddy. [/QUOTE]

Do you mean, putty? ;)

[quote name='Ecofreak']Do you mean, putty? ;)[/quote]
I'm sure he meant Puddy.

puddy3ny1.jpg

Acutally I meant Clay ( I could NOT think of that damn world to save my life last night) The grey makes the game look like Gumby Grey Clay. (in some spots).

It will be in March 2010 for sure... The demo probably gonna be available the end of this year :) By middle of this year, there will be rumors of GoW red PS3 bundles and i probably gonna pay another $600 for it, lol.

From GameTrailers.com, who quotes someone on Gamefaqs.com, who quotes Game Informer Magazine.

[quote name='Who Knows?']Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
- You can ride monsters like the Cyclops and "control".
- Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
- They made the weapons "better" so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don't get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
- The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
- Enemy AI's are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be "commanders" and control the other grunts.
- Enemies will look different, even if they're the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it's not like everyone looks the same.
- More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
- No multiplayer.
- Hades boss fight confirmed.[/quote]

bread's done
Back