CAGplay Forecast #2: Wombat - Promise Keeper to the World

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]2[/img-l]Ring in the new year with Wombat and Shipwreck as they discuss Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Mushroom Men, Persona 4, a smidgen of industry news, your questions, and why Wombat is awesome.

Special thanks to GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for domain names for only $7.49 a year. Just enter code "GAMER1" when you check out to get your savings.

[podcast]46[/podcast]
Download - 62 minutes, 28MB
[/preview]

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z_meista']look for it in the previous cag foreplay episode list on itunes.[/quote]

Thanks! found it!

It is downloading. I look forward to the banter between you two. Thanks for giving us an episode. You didn't have to, so it's much appreciated. :mrgreen:

Pretty good show. Thanks a lot to both of you for putting in the effort that cheapy was lacking. Wombat's ominous feeling about ugo hints that the 1up rumor may be taking it's turn pretty soon...or they aren't renewing his contract. I hope it's neither but the way he sounded makes me worry.
Good luck all and I hope you get some sleep wombat. Hopefully I can catch you guys in a game of left 4 dead.

Eerie ending I must say, Wombat. I guess I'm kinda glad Cheapy wasn't on this week so we didn't have to hear him drag on about how great the 360 is. Just straight news/reactions this episode.

And if you want to play some Castle Crashers Wombat, my level 99 Orange Knight is ready to help (Well, unless you want to play on Insane, because that is really, really hard, even for a level 99 character)

Thanks for doing a show, although I haven't been able to listen yet. For some odd reason like everyone Zune 30s have been freezing today. So I havn't synced it up yet.

Might I suggest the posting of the intro and outro songs in the shownotes? I also agree that Shipwreck/Wombat > CheapyD/Wombat.

I appreciate the effort. I must say, this episode gives me newfound respect and admiration for Ms. Wombat.

[quote name='Chowbots']Might I suggest the posting of the intro and outro songs in the shownotes? I also agree that Shipwreck/Wombat > CheapyD/Wombat.[/QUOTE]

Intro Song: New Year's Eve by Five Iron Frenzy
Outro Song: Junes Theme from Persona 4

Listening now, only 35 minutes in, wanted to say about Castle Crashers that it was a great game, if anybody wants to play online, I'm game. I played through it (and beat it) with a friend on local co-op (which wasn't plagued with bugs like the online co-op was, apparently), and it was a lot of fun. :)

/tk

Great show, guys. I'm glad to hear that Shipwreck enjoyed Prince of Persia. After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick this one up, but now I feel pretty good about doing so.

[quote name='markingsmart']Shipwreck/Wombat > Cheapy/Wombat[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't agree -- the shows are different because the interactions are different. Cheapy throws in a lot of funny personal stuff, and there's some Howard Stern influence in there as well. Ship has what I view as a more analytical approach when he discusses games. He compares and contrasts. What I like about Ship is that if there's a game you haven't played and he has, I've noticed that he'll try to compare it with something similar if possible so the listener has a frame of reference. That's a big help, because obviously there are no screenshots in a podcast. I also tend to like the shows where it seems to me that Wombat gets worked up a little, especially with Cheapy, that's a fun listen.

CAGcast and CAGforeplay are both great and compliment each other well.

is WOMBAT being let go by UGO?
During the podcast, he said fans might not have to visit the blog anymore

If Wombat is fired, I defiantly removing the site from my favorites

[quote name='MPDXrules']is WOMBAT being let go by UGO?
During the podcast, he said fans might not have to visit the blog anymore

If Wombat is fired, I defiantly removing the site from my favorites[/QUOTE]

I am curious as well.

good show guys. it was very relaxed and enjoyable to listen to.

Wombat, Kung Fu Panda is awesome. go rent it. you'd be surprised at how good it is. i think it's a great homage to old school martial arts films. the story is great and there are some kickass action sequences. i have the Blu-ray and the PQ is gorgeous~

Shippy, i'm shocked that you haven't purchased Uncharted considering all the other games you bought or received as a gift. it should've been on your Xmas wishlist.

[quote name='LiK']good show guys. it was very relaxed and enjoyable to listen to.

Wombat, Kung Fu Panda is awesome. go rent it. you'd be surprised at how good it is. i think it's a great homage to old school martial arts films. the story is great and there are some kickass action sequences. i have the Blu-ray and the PQ is gorgeous~

Shippy, i'm shocked that you haven't purchased Uncharted considering all the other games you bought or received as a gift. it should've been on your Xmas wishlist.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted was actually on my wishlist last year and it was one of the games I didn't receive. So, by the time I got through with all the games I did get, I wasn't looking to still pay full price for Uncharted. I'm actually going to play through it today though, so I'll see what I missed out on.

[quote name='shipwreck']Uncharted was actually on my wishlist last year and it was one of the games I didn't receive. So, by the time I got through with all the games I did get, I wasn't looking to still pay full price for Uncharted. I'm actually going to play through it today though, so I'll see what I missed out on.[/quote]

sweet, looking forward to your impressions or review of it on the next show. :)

[quote name='saunderscowie']Where are the pictures of these cool t-shirts then?[/QUOTE]

Here's a picture of my Mario lounge pants. As you can see, I'm wearing them.

picture.php

And as I was posting this, my cat wanted to say hello.

picture.php

[quote name='LiK']good show guys. it was very relaxed and enjoyable to listen to.

Wombat, Kung Fu Panda is awesome. go rent it. you'd be surprised at how good it is. i think it's a great homage to old school martial arts films. the story is great and there are some kickass action sequences. i have the Blu-ray and the PQ is gorgeous~[/quote]

I'm with LiK here. I remember when Kung-Fu Panda came out, I thought to myself, "Great, another crappy CGI movie trying to cash in on one celebrity." I was wrong - when we flew to Michigan it was the in-flight movie. About 10 minutes into it, I turned to my wife and said, "Wow, this is really fun!" I heard that the game wasn't half bad either.

Ship, what are we going to do about Mrs. Ship's secret identity? Does the witness relocation program help people like yourselves?

[quote name='shipwreck']Here's a picture of my Mario lounge pants. As you can see, I'm wearing them.

picture.php

And as I was posting this, my cat wanted to say hello.

picture.php
[/quote]

Very nice hello too Shipwreck cat :cool:

Great show guys. Big Kudos to Wombat for taking time out of his busy day and being away from family and friends and possible facing the wrath of an angry Mrs. Wombat to give his fans a weekly show.

Oh and I feel really bad for Wombat that he had to work on Wednesday and Friday. The company doesn't believe in any time off? Most of the offices I know closed on both the 26th and the 2nd! What gives. Also if your looking for a castle crashers buddy i am game.

That Monkey was huge! :lol:

Listening to it so far and it is great, I am liking the Shipwreck and Wombat duo. :)

And Wombat, do not anger the Pink Toilet. ;)

Thanks for the show. Thanks for not letting Cheapy's absence keep you from doing a show. I hope things work out better this year for Wombat concerning finances.

bread's done
Back