Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

fuck yes. Red Dead Revolver was probably the best Western themed game I've played. The multiplayer was simple but awesome, and if they just carbon-copied that with Live play, I'd be sold.

I was just talking to someone the other day about red dead revolver, loved that game. Can't wait for this sequel.

I didn't play the first because I heard it was terrible (switched dev companies halfway through or something?) but I'm ridiculously psyched for this one.

FYI even though the game is listed as backwards compatible, it crashes at the boss level of chapter 7 (Bad Betty.) When she tries to use a whip attack, the console freezes. It's not a disc problem, it has been reported widely over on the red dead revolver forum page on Gamefaqs.

If you have the patience to defeat her from afar, then the rest of the game will pay with just graphical errors, according to the posts. (I gave up however.)

Hopefully Rockstar will pressure Microsoft to either fix this freezing error, or at least take it off of the backwards compatibity list so others don't make the same mistake I did.

The first third of the game was altight, but I enjoyed both Gun and Call of Juarez much better.

First game was a bit overrated, but I am looking forward to this. As said above, don't try this on your 360, it crashes, and looks like crap with graphic problems.

[quote name='foxdvd']First game was a bit overrated, but I am looking forward to this. As said above, don't try this on your 360, it crashes, and looks like crap with graphic problems.[/QUOTE]It's funny, it hadn't even occurred to me to try the first game on my 360; never even wondered whether it was backwards-compatible. I was figuring I'd get the PS2 version and take my PS2 out of the closet to play it on. Eh, I'm having trouble finding the time to get to my 360 backlog, so I'm thinking the chances I'll ever get to Red Dead Revolver are pretty thin.

Somebody mentioned that this has been posted 3 times already. Whoops. Like I said, I searched for the title and found nothing. Oh, well- this thread can die and one of the earlier postings can track it as the game gets closer to release.

half the people in this thread havent played red dead revolver but still presume it to be awesome and are looking forward to this game without any knowledge. the ones who have played think its fabuloso.. that's overrated to me

:|

haven't played R.D.Rev myself because of all the reviews talking about glitches and errors

I'll rent R.D.Red first and if its good, then i will buy

[quote name='timesplitt']half the people in this thread havent played red dead revolver but still presume it to be awesome and are looking forward to this game without any knowledge. the ones who have played think its fabuloso.. that's overrated to me

:|

haven't played R.D.Rev myself because of all the reviews talking about glitches and errors

I'll rent R.D.Red first and if its good, then i will buy[/QUOTE]

:?: I think we need a translator.

This first game was fuckin awesome. The original had great graphics for a regular Xbox game. It is hands down the best western game of all time - Gun, Juarez have nothing on Red.

[quote name='Flak']I'm down if Ennio Morricone is scoring.[/QUOTE]

So the game could be the baddest on the planet, but if Morricone isn't scoring you're not going to pick it up?

I played the first, and loved it. I have this game pre-ordered as well. The only issue I am seeing is the fact that there is only like 2 videos out, and no game-play videos. But, knowing Rockstar,they are gonna keep all the info under lock and key until the first of the year (2010). Ever since one of their employees leaked a massive amount of info about GTA Vice City, they have been really tight on letting info out.But it is about time for an ad campaign.

yeah you can't believe gamestop cause a few games that are coming out next year sometime have 3/31/09 release dates for some reason. thanks for letting me know. this makes me a little happier. :)

I have this pre-ordered at Amazon, it is the only game I've seen there offering a $10 general gift card with purchase rather than the usual $10 video game credits. Probably my most anticipated game of the year.

i'll be getting it for sure! i loved the first game it was really fun playing from a few different perspectives. i hardly remember the story though, doesnt matter this game will be sweet.

[quote name='striker199']pre-ordered, surprised this thread isn't more active[/QUOTE]

I'm not. The Western theme has, unfortunately, become niche in American popular culture. I still love popping in the Dollar "trilogy," so any chance to ride around the American West as a bad ass on a horse sounds like fun to me.

Also like to point out that between this and LA Noire, Rockstar easily has my two most anticipated games for the rest of this year.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm not. The Western theme has, unfortunately, become niche in American popular culture. I still love popping in the Dollar "trilogy," so any chance to ride around the American West as a bad ass on a horse sounds like fun to me.

Also like to point out that between this and LA Noire, Rockstar easily has my two most anticipated games for the rest of this year.[/QUOTE]
I don't think its "niche" I think it just calls for a mature gamer. That's most definitely not true.

I've got this pre-ordered from walmart.com with a $10 giftcard and purchased when the Bing Cashback was 20% (it's 10% now), plus I used a $10 gift card toward it from my Battlefield pre-order. I've never played the original, but the videos I've seen make this look pretty awesome. Hopefully it comes through.

I'm definitely excited about this game. I never finished the first on the PS2 (it was won of my last Blockbuster clearance purchases), and I gave my PS2 away. After reading about the Bad Betsy glitch on the 360, I'm considering picking up Gun. Any thoughts on whether I should I just tough out the BC glitches on the 360 or sink to buying Gun which was supposedly an also ran title?

I'm all for sandbox games set in the Old West. Gun was passable, but could have been so much more. Let's hope Red Dead Redemption hits it out of the ballpark. I find myself wanting to play Red Dead Redemption more than I do Bioshock 2, God of War III, or Final Fantasy XIII.

[quote name='aspower']I'm definitely excited about this game. I never finished the first on the PS2 (it was won of my last Blockbuster clearance purchases), and I gave my PS2 away. After reading about the Bad Betsy glitch on the 360, I'm considering picking up Gun. Any thoughts on whether I should I just tough out the BC glitches on the 360 or sink to buying Gun which was supposedly an also ran title?[/QUOTE]

I never played Red Dead Revolver, but I did play GUN and enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but it's alot of fun and you can probably pick it up for $10.

I also played the first Juarez game and thought it sucked.

This new game seems more like GUN to me than RDR or Juarez.

I love the idea of a sandbox Western themed game. I'll be getting this at launch.

There had better be a 'Man with No Name' outfit to wear. I want the hat, the backwoods cigar, and the Mexican blanket/poncho.

[quote name='Puffa469']I never played Red Dead Revolver, but I did play GUN and enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but it's alot of fun and you can probably pick it up for $10.

I love the idea of a sandbox Western themed game. I'll be getting this at launch.

There had better be a 'Man with No Name' outfit to wear. I want the hat, the backwoods cigar, and the Mexican blanket/poncho.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the 2 foot pistol barrel!!

[quote name='MemphisChill901']I don't think its "niche" I think it just calls for a mature gamer. That's most definitely not true.[/QUOTE]

It definitely is true. The Western theme is niche, especially compared to where it once was. You barely see Western films anymore, and they generally do very poorly in the theaters, even if they are good films.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It definitely is true. The Western theme is niche, especially compared to where it once was. You barely see Western films anymore, and they generally do very poorly in the theaters, even if they are good films.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?
Here let me name a few.
3:10 to Yuma
Appaloosa
Shang Hai Noon
Australia
Bare Back Mounting (Just kidding; Broke Back Mountain)

I'm not saying that it isn't fading (at the moment), but "you barely see western films anymore". I would have to know what you call barely. Because all the movies I just named are good movies, did well, and came out within the last ten years. I'm not trying to start an argument with you here, I respect your point, and I know it may seem like it's dieing, but as with any genra they experience lulls in popularity. With the coming of SAW XIV or whatever it is, that is the death of the Horror genra, at least for a little while. The same has happened to the Western Genra. The sixties were HUGE for the industry, and then they went down a bit, and boomed back in the 1980's and early 90's. Now they have been less popular than in the past. My friend, I assure you rockstar would not put out a "niche game." And to go a step further, the Western theme/Genra can never be outdated or niche, because it is timeless, and iconic for Americans, and anyone else who loves western movies, or just being a bad-ass with a huge gun.

[quote name='Puffa469']I never played Red Dead Revolver, but I did play GUN and enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but it's alot of fun and you can probably pick it up for $10.

There had better be a 'Man with No Name' outfit to wear. I want the hat, the backwoods cigar, and the Mexican blanket/poncho.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Gun vote. I hate buying multiple copies of the same game for different systems, but RDR is like $5 and a replacement PS2 $80+. I'll have to check around for a good deal on Gun-- $10 is a little much for a 4 year old game, when I have Batman: Arkham Asylum to play.

I'm all for that 'Man with No Name' garb. If you pre-order from GS, it looks like that Dead Eye Assassin outfit is the bonus.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/rdrvote/default.aspx

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am so angry about this... Oh well I can just spend more time playing Splinter Cell Conviction now I guess...[/QUOTE]

Given the supposed inhumane conditions that developers and testers are under, I think it's a good thing. There're tons of games available now, and tons coming.

fuck, I'm so pissed. It was coming out at a perfect time for me and I was so excited. And it is for a super dumbass reason, no "polishing" just for marketing. Damn penis-pops.

bread's done
Back