Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

This game wasn't even on my radar...at all. Like, I had absolutely, positively, no intention of playing it, let alone buying it.

After seeing the multiplayer and free roam videos, it shot up to a day one purchase. Yes, I am that excited for this game now. I WAS amped for Alan Wake and SMG 2, but now I can't wait for Red Dead to come out.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I'm assuming this delay just came up, could've sworn it was dropping 4/27...still day one 4 me ;)[/QUOTE]

delay has been stated for a decent amount of time now, they pushed it back to give more polish and give more time for hype to build up

Isn't this like the second time it's been delayed? Oh well as long as it looks as fun as the trailers make it out to be I'll be happy.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Isn't this like the second time it's been delayed? Oh well as long as it looks as fun as the trailers make it out to be I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

like 4-5 years in the making, id rather it be extremely polished and wait a few more months then wait for patches, this game is gonna be huge

[quote name='Jay']This game is a day one purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I'm assuming this delay just came up, could've sworn it was dropping 4/27...still day one 4 me ;)[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. GTA in the Wild West? They had me at "Hello."

[quote name='moojuice']Free roam missions seal the deal.

Free roam in GTA4 was...empty...Saints Row 2 free roam was much more fun simply because of how outrageous and over the top it was. To be fair, both games' free roam modes felt kinda pointless, it's just GTA4 got boring and pointless faster.

Also, I heard that water=insta death. If so, :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed says hello. Although they did fix that in the second one.

[quote name='life.exe']Assassin's Creed says hello. Although they did fix that in the second one.[/QUOTE]
This is the second one though lol

[quote name='Pck21']This game wasn't even on my radar...at all. Like, I had absolutely, positively, no intention of playing it, let alone buying it.

After seeing the multiplayer and free roam videos, it shot up to a day one purchase. Yes, I am that excited for this game now. I WAS amped for Alan Wake and SMG 2, but now I can't wait for Red Dead to come out.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I felt.

I've heard some people say (that played it at PAX) that it was bad... I don't understand how that could be. Hope it isnt true, this is my most anticipated.

But, I think I should be happy, I even liked GUN... so yea...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I've heard some people say (that played it at PAX) that it was bad... I don't understand how that could be. Hope it isnt true, this is my most anticipated.

But, I think I should be happy, I even liked GUN... so yea...[/QUOTE]

who? every preview/hands-on ive come across and ive looked for as many as possible, every single one loved it and was extremely excited for it

The Giant Bombcast said something along those lines of some people saying it was bad. And the CAGCast Wombat was reluctant to say it was good, he just said, "Well... if you like GTA4 and Westerns you'll like it." I've not really seen 100% "HOLY CRAP!" like I was expecting. Just, "Meh..." and "It's pretty good" or "Nah..."

i hope this game succeeds as another fantastic Rockstar franchise, i read Kotakus hands-on, Joystiqs', Gamespot and IGN also gave promising expectations, so we will see, the suspense kills me, however i am somewhat indifferent, i feel like ill enjoy the game either way because i love GTA and i love Westerns and LOVED Red Dead Revolver even though there is a loose affiliation

Yeah, I do remember them sort of dismissing it on the Bombcast. Every other hands-on preview I've read has been really positive, though. And I have two close friends who played it at PAX and they both said that it plays really well.

RDR.png

I just received the email from rockstar and its not good at all : (

I can't barely make out the text but I doubt the water will be a big issue, although I find it odd they don't just let people swim.

I liked GTAIV, so apparently I like Red Dead as well. It looks spectacular and what they've shown so far looks pretty fun to play.

[quote name='Aceboogz']
RDR.png

I just received the email from rockstar and its not good at all : ([/QUOTE]

oh no, return your pre-order, get your money, demand compensation WE CAN'T SWIM IN RED DEAD REDEMPTION :D

Who cares about swimming? People don't just jump into rushing rivers and dog-paddle around. Cowboys probably saw that as foolhardy. That's what fords and ferries were for. Now, if they don't have those...well then...cancel your order!

[quote name='rapsodist']Who cares about swimming? People don't just jump into rushing rivers and dog-paddle around. Cowboys probably saw that as foolhardy. That's what fords and ferries were for. Now, if they don't have those...well then...cancel your order![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've seen quite a few westerns in my days. I can't ever recall a character saying..."I guess I gotta swim across this here river."

I like the idea of using water as boundaries. In the wild west, the only environmental obstructions people encountered were rivers and lakes, mountains, and cliffs.

I haven't been following this game to much until recently.

But is it a rpg type of game with character customizing or any of that?

Or a one predefined character storyline like GTA4?

[quote name='ppself']I haven't been following this game to much until recently.

But is it a rpg type of game with character customizing or any of that?

Or a one predefined character storyline like GTA4?[/QUOTE]

Im sure theres different outfits for the character aswell as horses and such.. but in terms of skill leveling not sure.. but your actions definitely will change the way people look at you when you arrive in towns .. as a hero or villain.

[quote name='aceboogz']
rdr.png

i just received the email from rockstar and its not good at all : ([/quote]
o noez!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting news about the difficulty settings:

Was Grand Theft Auto IV mind-numbingly easy for you? Or controller-throwingly frustrating? Rockstar is attempting to scale the difficulty of its next open-world game, Red Dead Redemption, to accommodate players of all abilities. "We've implemented levels of difficulty into the game that employ different types of auto-aiming," a new Rockstar Games blog post explains. "Casual mode gives you a full auto-aim system (and faster regenerating health). Normal mode features snap-to-target with precise aiming using the right stick. Expert mode implements free aim with no lock-on at all.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/16/red-dead-redemption-adds-casual-and-expert-difficulties/

Pretty interesting way of dealing with scaling difficulty. Instead of changing the game world and the enemies, it changes the accessibility of the combat. I like that. I'll probably start off on Expert and see how it goes.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I couldn't give two shits about swimming. Never while watching the awesome series of trailers did I think "where is the swimming scene?!?".

they'll put in swimming when the next installment of RDR comes out...you know, like AC2. The only thing that I really care to see is, when I race my horse over a creek or puddle I wanna see a splash and not like driving my chick magnet racer over Borderland's water.

yee-haw

After watching the available videos I am getting very excited about this game. It was on my radar but but didn't really follow its development/release until now. I liked the GTA3 generation games, especially San Andreas because it included countryside portions so an entire game in the countryside, with horses (I liked GUN) I mean come on! GTA4 did not hold a lot of appeal to me because I did not find the city setting that interesting.

A question about these preorders though. I see that the GS preorder comes with the soundtrack- if you want that you have to go through GS? Also, it says that the GS comes with exclusive artwork- does that mean just for the soundtrack + unlockable outfit packaging or is it getting an entirely new cover art? I don't really care for the assassin outfit (voted for the hunter one) but the soundtrack may be enough to compel me to preorder from GS, rather than waiting until it has been released and drops in price (got a long backlog).

Ruahrc

i dont know how many can join a group but if u want to join reply here

and put down what are group should be called

1.vampirehunter R-me
2.GuNnmwOLf-GUNNM
3.rapsodist12-rapsodist

Last edited:
Has anybody preordered this from Best Buy in-store? Do you get the War Horse code when you pre-order or do you get it when you pick the game up?

[quote name='tlwizard']Has anybody preordered this from Best Buy in-store? Do you get the War Horse code when you pre-order or do you get it when you pick the game up?[/QUOTE]

I actually tried at my local BEst Buy and they didn't even have a preorder.

Dude even told me to go to Gamestop to preorder.

I asked if he was aware that BB.com says there is a preorder bonus, plus reward zone members get 250points. Which has been advertised for the last 3 months.

[quote name='ppself']I actually tried at my local BEst Buy and they didn't even have a preorder.

Dude even told me to go to Gamestop to preorder.

I asked if he was aware that BB.com says there is a preorder bonus, plus reward zone members get 250points. Which has been advertised for the last 3 months.[/QUOTE]I swung by there earlier today and they had preorder boxes, but it was one box for both PS3 and 360 preorders. I shook the box and couldn't hear anything inside, unlike the other games available for preorder.

I have pre-ordered my copy from Best Buy, their new thing is to give you the code when you pick it up. There's no code with the pre-order.

I read the IGN preview. Sounds so awesome. All the descriptions of how accurate and complete R*'s Wild West setting is have me really hyped. I think that's going to be the key thing in separating this from GTA.

bread's done
Back