Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

Yeah, as I said I'm starving for some new reviews/information. From what I remember, R* is really good at keeping the lid on things, though so we may not see a lot of pre-release Metacritic scores.

Does this control like GTA? I always have trouble controlling anything but the driving, and the lack of cars in the old west is almost a certainty.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Does this control like GTA? I always have trouble controlling anything but the driving, and the lack of cars in the old west is almost a certainty.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone knows yet, but if you like the game enough you adapt to the controls. unless of course it's RE5 then you just use it as a coaster.

[quote name='100xp']I don't think anyone knows yet, but if you like the game enough you adapt to the controls. unless of course it's RE5 then you just use it as a coaster.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I can't control RE characters either so your post made me laugh!

So does anyone know which trailer was "in Theaters"? They said it was going to play before Iron Man 2, but I did not see anything. Anyone else?

[quote name='blueweltall']What is the difference between the regular edition and Gamestop special edition?[/QUOTE]

Comes with a soundtrack disc and some extras that they haven't really talked about at all. New game-modes, maybe?

Sorry, had to.

reddedpusposse.jpg

[quote name='uglyteradon']Comes with a soundtrack disc and some extras that they haven't really talked about at all. New game-modes, maybe?[/QUOTE]

they stated there would be "exclusive" challenges which allows you to unlock the assassin's outfit. Not sure how exclusive GS exclusives are, but the challenges by definition are additional quests/missions. imo the biggest bonus is the soundtrack if you're into that sorta thing. I preordered at amazon, $20 gift card (not gaming credit) is better than what GS was offerring plus I had gaming credit from SSFIV.

Can't Wait! A lot of hype coming to this game late. I hope it lives up to it.

I always go hero mode when given the choice. However; with this game it seems like the experience could be a lot different depending on which side you choose unlike some other games. We'll see.

I had all but written off this game until a major price drop, but the more my friend talks about it, and the more reviews/gameplay videos I watch, the more I am buying it day one.

But now the question arises, do I preorder at Gamestop for $45-ish + $10 coupon, or MSRP at Toys R Us + $25 gift card?

[quote name='HydroX']I had all but written off this game until a major price drop, but the more my friend talks about it, and the more reviews/gameplay videos I watch, the more I am buying it day one.

But now the question arises, do I preorder at Gamestop for $45-ish + $10 coupon, or MSRP at Toys R Us + $25 gift card?[/QUOTE]

GS comes with soundtrack and preorder bonus outfit (after you complete the exclusive in game challenges).

TRU, generally has better deals on new games...and you can always just sell the giftcard to someone that needs diapers or something.

Yeah I decided to pre-order from Amazon last night. I can always cancel but it's looking good so far for this game. Watchin that Gametrailers TV thing right now, usually find it to be a hype show most of the time but hey not all games are created equal lol.

[quote name='BR1CK']any word on how big the game is when installing it to the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

...I'll tell you on the 18th.

[quote name='JDMxB']If there is gonna be a CAG posse...can I get in on this action?![/QUOTE]

The Cheap Ass Gang.. or CAG's.. heh... i am totally in. i am paid and preordered waiting to shoot some bitches western style. Loved Call of Juarez BiB but this should stick dynamite in its butt and blow it outa the water... bring on Tuesday and lets get our six gun on!

[quote name='slickkill77']Um ok. Welcome to about 5 days ago[/QUOTE] The publish date for this article is May 11th and I'm not a Game Informer subscriber. Plus, the GamesTM score is new.

Now I'm sad. I clicked the link so fast I thought it was a new revew or some leaked footage. R* is annoyingly good at keeping their games under wraps. I'm dyin' here!

[quote name='Nebenator']The publish date for this article is May 11th and I'm not a Game Informer subscriber. Plus, the GamesTM score is new.[/QUOTE]

The Game Informer score has been out for a while now....It was posted two pages ago.

[quote name='wildcpac']Game Informer Review 9.75 Scans

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/bull10125/?action=view&current=Reddead1.jpg&newest=1

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/bull10125/?action=view&current=Reddead21.jpg&newest=1[/QUOTE]

That was posted on May 7th

I cant wait it looks so good my problem is I always jump straight online and never play the game itself, does anyone else tend to do the same with this I might have a crack at it though as it does look amazing.

[quote name='Elite Gamer789']I cant wait it looks so good my problem is I always jump straight online and never play the game itself, does anyone else tend to do the same with this I might have a crack at it though as it does look amazing.[/QUOTE]

Im completely opposite. I usually wont touch a multiplayer component until the single player is complete or Ive at least gotten a very big taste of it.

[quote name='Elite Gamer789']I cant wait it looks so good my problem is I always jump straight online and never play the game itself, does anyone else tend to do the same with this I might have a crack at it though as it does look amazing.[/QUOTE]

I usually play a small portion of single player to "get the hang of it" then jump straight online. I did the same with GTA4 and never really touched the single player game until 3-4 months down the road.

I think might be best to play the single player on this game though it looks like great fun, on line ive already got a few of us to form a posse so good time ahead.

I'm completely opposite from both of you. Ever since the my original xbox days I've always gone to the extras menu to watch the trailers they have on their or whatever else the developers put these days. I did that with the old Maddon's, Halo, Crimson Skies whatever game it was and for some reason I still do.

If I get this at release I'll probably do the mp first, hopefully so I can snag some of the achievements before people figure out how to play the game ;) Plus there is a viral achievement, might be easier to get that on the first day, but it'll probably be real easy to get 2-3 after release too.

[quote name='freshzen']If I get this at release I'll probably do the mp first, hopefully so I can snag some of the achievements before people figure out how to play the game ;) Plus there is a viral achievement, might be easier to get that on the first day, but it'll probably be real easy to get 2-3 after release too.[/QUOTE]
Uh, you in a race or something?

the viral achievements are easy to get and spread so quickly you'd get it eventually just joining a multiplayer game. that's how I got the Borderlands one. The one for Halo3 is the one that's friggin impossible since that one is only one halo 3 holidays.

[quote name='HydroX']I usually play a small portion of single player to "get the hang of it" then jump straight online. I did the same with GTA4 and never really touched the single player game until 3-4 months down the road.[/QUOTE]

I always play games naked for the first few days. This one will be no different.

[quote name='eastx']I always play games naked for the first few days. This one will be no different.[/QUOTE]

I will deny any requests to join your naked posse. ;)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Uh, you in a race or something?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'll probably want to get it over and get back to my Gears 2 XP grinding :(

I bit on the preorder deal from amazon. I love westerns and the look and style of this game, but I have never really got into the GTA games..

Some RDR devs (I'm not exactly sure which ones) were on the Kotaku radio show this morning. But it seems like it's over now. Hopefully they'll have the podcast version of it up rather soon. Something interesting I just saw mentioned on the GameFaqs board is that you can't drive cars, despite a few of them showing up towards the end of the game. Marston doesn't know how and "is alienated by new technology".

http://kotaku.com/5537020/red-dead-redemption-and-kotaku-talk-radio-live

[quote name='Fjordson']Something interesting I just saw mentioned on the GameFaqs board is that you can't drive cars, despite a few of them showing up towards the end of the game. Marston doesn't know how and "is alienated by new technology".[/QUOTE]

I think that's good. I don't want to drive cars, leave that to GTA.

It kinda bothers me that they chose this late of a setting for the game anyway, but I guess it gave them some compelling storylines to go with and opened up the types of weaponry that would be available.

bread's done
Back