Steam Weekend Deal-World of Goo $5!

The game looks cool but I was hesitant to pick it for $20 since I didn't know how much I'd like it. Seems like it's worth giving a shot @ $5. Guess I'll be picking this up now.

This game also supports Steam Achievements for those that care.

I have heard a lot about it, definitely in for one at 5 bucks. Steam has been making a killing off me the past couple weeks :p

[quote name='Hostile']I illegally downloaded a copy awhile back. Which is why $5 is a great price for me. Will buy soon.[/quote]

Nice... your conscience has a price.

Mmm, originality for only 5 dollars...

I loved Audiosurf for 5 bucks, I think I'll love this as well for that price.

Thank you, Nelo Ice!

[quote name='Hostile']I illegally downloaded a copy awhile back. Which is why $5 is a great price for me. Will buy soon.[/QUOTE]

Wow you're an idiot and openly admit it, nice! :applause:

[quote name='bigwoof']how long is this game? are there any steam achievements?[/quote]

Completing it fairly short, maybe 6-8 hours if you're REALLY taking your time.

Steam Achievements supported.

nice, $20 seemed like a lot for this game, but for five bucks its worth it even if you end up not liking it. I'm liking Steam more and more every weekend.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Wow you're an idiot and openly admit it, nice! :applause:[/quote]

Cry moar. Did you purchase it at $20? If you did, you have every right to call me an idiot. If you didn't, we're on equal ground as far as they're concerned.

I'd grab it but I have never been able to get Steam to work on my PC. Something about Vista not registering the Steam protocol. Oh well.

These Steam deals really are evil. I think I end up buying about 2/3 of them even though I can't really afford to. Totally in for this though.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']These Steam deals really are evil. I think I end up buying about 2/3 of them even though I can't really afford to. Totally in for this though.[/quote]

Haha, I know right. It's so easy for me to let go of $5 and it doesn't hurt that this is actually a GOOD game.

I already played the Wii version. I highly recommend this game. Such a simple concept, but executed brilliantly, constantly changing and adding variety. You'll keep playing levels just to see what they are going to throw in next. This game is a steal for five bucks, if you held off due to the price, you have no excuse now.

I'm considering picking this up just in case they ever release dlc (I figure it's more likely to be on the pc version than the wii version).

Thank you. I bought this. When I first tried to download it, I received a message that I should try again later (maybe a whole lot of people are buying this). For me, later was 5 seconds later and it started and completed fine.

i have a flashed PSP and download PC games all the time. I enjoy laughing at people when they get excited over virtual console releases. Only idiots pay for games.

BTW in for one :D

[quote name='Distrato']i have a flashed PSP and download PC games all the time. I enjoy laughing at people when they get excited over virtual console releases. Only idiots pay for games.

BTW in for one :D[/quote]

Damn pirates, that's why there are DRM around... pay for the fucking game.

It's nice to see Steam have an interesting deal just about every week, unlike places like Amazon that have their DOTDs but sell mostly crap during them. :) I'll more than likely be picking this up, you can't beat $5.

[quote name='xycury']Damn pirates, that's why there are DRM around... pay for the fucking game.[/quote]
:lol: I was kinda joking I know what I do isn't helping anyone. I must say though a lot of of people on this site are huge hypocrites when it comes to piracy. For example I just read this in another thread:

"As long as you have a HD it is way better to export the songs since you'll be able to play them with the updated Rock Band 2. Of course if you were looking to get into Rock Band this is the way to go.

Not to condone ripping the songs and returning the game but GS does have a seven day return policy..."

Anyway lets get back to the deal :D and yes I did just purchase a copy on steam. Funny how you guys want to support this developer because they're the little guy but yet you pay a quarter of the price for the game.

[quote name='xycury']Damn pirates, that's why there are DRM around... pay for the fucking game.[/QUOTE]
That's not entirely true. DRM targets the people who profit from pirating. One person playing a game for his own enjoyment doesn't actually take any money from the developers. If anything it improves the likeliness of someone buying a game after they get an impression of it. Also, pirates don't play online, so what's your deal here?

Is there ever going to be thread involving a hit PC game that doesn't somehow involve piracy?

[quote name='msdmoney']I already played the Wii version. I highly recommend this game. Such a simple concept, but executed brilliantly, constantly changing and adding variety. You'll keep playing levels just to see what they are going to throw in next. This game is a steal for five bucks, if you held off due to the price, you have no excuse now.

I'm considering picking this up just in case they ever release dlc (I figure it's more likely to be on the pc version than the wii version).[/QUOTE]

my thoughts the same

I tried the demo, seemed like fun but I'm pretty simple when it comes to those types of games and couldn't even finish the demo :(. Good deal though

Great game and a great price. I got it for 15 back durring the xmas sale. At 5 bucks getting this should be a no brainer.

[quote name='carpwrist']That's not entirely true. DRM targets the people who profit from pirating. One person playing a game for his own enjoyment doesn't actually take any money from the developers. If anything it improves the likeliness of someone buying a game after they get an impression of it. Also, pirates don't play online, so what's your deal here? [/quote]

Tell that to the devolopers of World of Goo.

Piracy: 90% of World of Goo Installs are Pirated

"When 2D Boy released World of Goo, they decided to put their trust in gamers' consciences and send it out into the world unhindered by DRM or copy protection. Nice one, 2D Boy! So, how did that work out for you guys? "Last we checked the piracy rate was about 90%" said 2D Boy's Ron Carmel, his faith in humanity clearly a little dinted.

http://kotaku.com/5085915/90-of-world-of-goo-installs-are-pirated

[quote name='Hostile']Cry moar. Did you purchase it at $20? If you did, you have every right to call me an idiot. If you didn't, we're on equal ground as far as they're concerned.[/QUOTE]

Damn what the hell are you talking about? Who are they? You and I could never be on equal ground. You openly admitted to illegally downloading it, that in itself makes you an idiot, I on the other hand downloaded the demo and to me it wasn't worth $20 so I didn't buy it but I didn't go out and steal it either. Now at $5 I bought it, it was a good deal. Thanks OP! So the moral of the story is that even if you bought it at $20 right now, you and I would not be on equal ground as far as they're concerned. :cry:

Wow, I've heard about this game before and I haven't really looked into it but for $5 I'm going to check it out and if it's good I'll bite.

[quote name='carpwrist']That's not entirely true. DRM targets the people who profit from pirating. One person playing a game for his own enjoyment doesn't actually take any money from the developers. If anything it improves the likeliness of someone buying a game after they get an impression of it. Also, pirates don't play online, so what's your deal here?

Is there ever going to be thread involving a hit PC game that doesn't somehow involve piracy?[/quote]

How is one profiting from pirating? here, in the US? China, yes, HK and Taiwan yes... as much as it is from profiting, is it legal to then just make a copy for your friend? no...

And One person becomes millions, look at Napster.

improves likeliness? it's called a DEMO... or SHAREWARE.

my deal is people openly admitting to it while not feeling any remorse to it. this isn't Free Ass Gamers. Discussing deals and games to be had for cheap, not stealing, theiving and bragging about it.

bread's done
Back