* * * * * 1 votes

Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

#6961 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16955 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

RB4 is a joke; you have to constantly DL 3 gig files to play, most of the features like sorting aren't there; the career modes and costumes are bare bones.

I should have just stuck with RB3.

It's basically an indie game in early access. If you're familiar with PC games on Steam, it's really not that unusual. Yes, they have updates that you have to download each month, but that's because they're continuously working on the game and adding features. Is it ideal that all of this stuff wasn't in at launch? No, of course not. But the fact that the game got made at all is kind of a miracle. Harmonix developed AND published the game...with Mad Catz as their only partner.

You should also qualify your statement. "Sorting" is pretty generic. You can sort by artist, song, date acquired, difficulty, etc. But the advanced sorting...like decade, genre (the stuff that you had to hit back and pull up that menu for), yeah...that's not there. It's definitely something I'd like to see improved, but it's not quite as barren as your statement makes it appear either.

As for whether the game "tanked" or it's "too little, too late", I feel like that's only relevant for the casual crowd. If you still enjoy music/rhythm games and still play RB3, those concepts shouldn't matter to you. Is Rock Band ever going to be the go to at parties again? Probably not. It's a very different world than it was in 2008. Do I give a shit that RB isn't trendy and cool anymore? No, I don't.

But Harmonix intentionally stripped the game down because it's all they could afford. They put out a foundation that could be built upon...and they're actually doing that. Once the next expansion comes out this fall, the game will be basically back to the feature set of RB3. And yeah, that took them a year...but again, this was a tiny independent team with very limited resources doing this. The fact they keep working on it at all 7 months after release is better than a lot of "AAA" games do.

#6962 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Would be nice if they added Keys...

#6963 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16955 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

Would be nice if they added Keys...

I do too, but I understand why they won't. Charting keys was so much more time consuming and expensive for them. It's the same reason pro guitar won't be coming back. If they don't keep development on a scale that is sustainable, they're just setting themselves up for failure. I can't be mad at Harmonix for recognizing their limitations and trying to operate within them.

It's unfortunate, but when you get kicked out of your $10 million mansion, and have to move into a modest 3 bedroom house, you can't expect to keep all of your stuff. That's basically what happened.

#6964 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6608 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

http://www.eurogamer...s-enormous-loss

#6965 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

http://www.eurogamer...s-enormous-loss

Hopefully that means some crazy cheap instruments coming soon.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#6966 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

Nice to see 21 Pilots on there. That's a great band.

#6967 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10542 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

Clubs feature is useful if you bought Rivals and are looking for people with DLC to play with online.

I'm holding out for a sale on the Rivals stuff.

#6968 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

Clubs feature is useful if you bought Rivals and are looking for people with DLC to play with online.

Your wish has been granted. I picked up a Guitar Rivals pack for $40 at Wally*World.

#6969 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16955 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

Your wish has been granted. I picked up a Guitar Rivals pack for $40 at Wally*World.

Yeah, I was going to say...Gamestop's had the game/guitar bundle for $40 and the full band kit for $100 this past week. The game is really 99% back to what RB3 was (minus keys and pro guitar) too. Online multiplayer is the last chip to fall and that's coming January 25th. It's a month later than they anticipated, but Harmonix is trying to really polish the mode to make sure the experience is great.

There's a forum post detailing it here:

http://forums.harmon...-update-and-you

But yeah, even e-kit support is back on XB1 and I've finally been able to use my ion drums again. It was a hell of a wait getting to this point, but it's finally paying off. And playing the new songs on a decent drum kit has been amazing. :)

#6970 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

Every time this thing goes on sale I'm hoarding cash or about to make other big purchases that warrant me passing on this. The last month and half has been tempting though, lowest I've seen the kit is 115 now. Getting a bit more greedy now as I kinda hope with some more time passing someone will throw it up on a 99.99 sale. It's fell this low, don't see why another 15 markdown can't happen at some point.

#6971 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

Every time this thing goes on sale I'm hoarding cash or about to make other big purchases that warrant me passing on this. The last month and half has been tempting though, lowest I've seen the kit is 115 now. Getting a bit more greedy now as I kinda hope with some more time passing someone will throw it up on a 99.99 sale. It's fell this low, don't see why another 15 markdown can't happen at some point.

Where have you been the last month? Both GameStop and Amazon were selling the band bundles fo $99.99.

#6972 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Anyone who has recently picked up RB4 - Anyone having issues getting the RB3 verification to work?  I have achievements unlocked for RB3 dating back to 2011, export packs for RB1, RB2 and ACDC, but RB4 is telling me that I have to pay 14.99 for the RB3 export.  Same XBL profile I've had for 10 years.

I sent a support ticket to Harmonix just now, but was curious if anyone else had this issue?

#6973 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

That's because it's $14.99 for the export. It's not free.

#6974 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

http://www.polygon.c...-export-details

#6975 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

Oh, duh.  What I read made it sound like it was a no-cost unlock if you already owned it.  I guess 14.99 isn't a bad deal, since I have the other export packs as well.  Thanks!

#6976 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

Wow, been a few years since the last post! I think one of my drum pads is going out... and I now see that replacement drums are insanely expensive. Anyone know of a good place to hunt?

#6977 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3470 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:21 AM

Thrift shops or pawn shops.

We have a mostly media( games and movie ) pawn shop called replay that occasionally gets drums or guitars for cheap. Might even want to check goodwill.

#6978 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

Thanks, I also found that there are seemingly easy fixes for the drums. Haven’t tried it yet but I’ve found the resources. Apparently the common issue is a wire that gets loose.