CAGcast #156: Buddy, Can You Spare a Fish Sandwich?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]CheapyD reveals his new favorite budget Xbox 360 game, Wombat enters The Pitt, and Reggie loses his mind. We've also got the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

[podcast]61[/podcast]
Download - 104 minutes, 42MB
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
cherry blossoms look so nice there i don't know any places by where i live that look like that

WTF new theme? I really like it, but please DO NOT make it the official theme song. I love having a new theme each episode - it keeps us guessing and some of us even discover new music or cool remixes this way!

Hey cheapy I've listened to the show a long time and I know we have a very similiar taste in tv and movies you should check out the show kings on hulu since heroes sucks and battlestar is over this show has taken those over those for me its a great show check it out.

Huzzah! I love this time of year in Japan...cool weather and sakura!

Edit: I don't believe Cheapy did enough "research" into Tera Patrick. Clearly you did not see her before her cosmetic surgeries, as early TP was smokin' hot natural.

Woohoo - finally! Glad to see you used that theme that guy made. It is pretty good; but I agree, new song every intro. Which I know you are gonna do...

There's a multiplayer level in Call Of Duty: World At War that has cherry blossoms in it .
The name escapes me, but it looks beautiful even for a game .

It'll be the Sackghast costume, Cheapy. $0.99.

As for PS3 to 360 updates, Microsoft holds a patent on updates so they only have to patch in new code whereas other companies to redo the entire thingload so it's always a smaller down. I don't know the details really, but that's the basic idea of it. Since they have a patent for it, they have exclusive use of it for a certain amount of time.

Also, you promised pictures of burgers, and you have failed to deliver thus far. Very disappointing.

I literally just got Dark Sector in the mail from Goozex today and thought it was ironic that it was talked about so much in this weeks show. Based on what you said Cheapy now I'm really pumped to start playing it.

Wombat should have said "I have a fish sandwich for you .... between my legs!!!"

can't wait to listen to the deep, intense naked pizza man interview :booty:

CHEAPYD! I saw this online and thought of you instantly... What do you know about this festival and did you attend (perhaps as a guest of honor)???

http://dlisted.com/node/31477

If you know anything about it, can you explain this strange phenomenon to us non-Japanese folks please.

(If this is old news that has already been posted on CAG, please spare me)

I loved dark sector. The "horror" stuff was kind of out of place IMO, but the action, is outstanding, I had more fun with it than either gears titles. I kind of doubt we will ever see a sequel but I wish we would.

Also now after having played it, Wanted weapons of fate would be a good buy at that Dark Sector price, the curving the bullet mechanic feels similar to nailing an enemy behind cover with your glaive. The headshots are especially gratifying.

Cheapy i took your advice on dark sector. I bought it from my work for 10 bucks used and with my discount it was like 8 something. I must say your right! for 10 bucks its a blast! Thank you!

That intro was pretty good for being user submitted.

And what's up with Wombat being peanut butter mouth at the end of the show. Cat got his tongue.

Cagcast is good so far..I haven't quite finished it yet. But Cheapy you hit the nail right on the head with the PS3 updates. It was one of the (and a big) reasons I sold mine. I applaud Sony of constantly trying to evolve the platform but the fact the updates are so numerous and mandatory along with being so slow compared to the 360 drove me nuts.

Great show, just finished listening to it.

I really enjoyed CheapyD's comments about Reggie and the used games.

Also, great picture with Tai and your games! I can already tell he'll be one happy kid... if he enjoys games that is :p. I wish my dad were into computers and games.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I can't wait for next week's show! Hopefully we'll have a new CAGForeplay to keep us going!

Cheapy,

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, why in the world would you ask if the woman in the Wendy's was black? I don't really get how that would have any bearing on the story.

Cheapy- Listen to Wombat about 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. It is to FPSs what Saints Row 2 is to GTA sandbox games. It plays a lot like like Gears o.W. and Army of 2. It has a little bit of bullet time (Gangsta Fire) and score based elements (à la The Club).

I picked this up for $20 at Micro Center and would easily have enjoyed it even at full price. The fun factor is just ridiculously high. Buying new guns, H2H counter-kills and off-color insults has upped the replayability. I have played through on single player once and CO-OP twice now. I am about to play through on hard, and look forward to trying to get all the "Club" style points-based medals.

This is one of the most under-appreciated games thus far. It's fantastic. If you like Dark Sector (like I did) you're gonna love this.

Even someone who only marginally appreciates hip-hop, it's culture, and verve (like myself) will enjoy the game and it's music.

I can't say enough good things about this game.

woot, didn't expect an early show. was happy to see it update in my iPod this morning. :)

edit: WOOHOO, Naked Pizza Guy update!

Hey guys, love the show but I humbly request that you stop using the "where to better spend money on" argument. Cheapy if you think that Dark Sector was more worthy of your $10 than Penny Arcade Episode 1 (if you had had to hypothetically make that choice) that is fine but please don't proclaim it to be the best option for everybody. Maybe you didn't mean it to come across that way but it certainly did. They are two very different games and I personally think that the Penny Arcade game is a unique experience with very interesting and compelling game mechanics that rise above its shortcomings, whereas Dark Sector is a generic third person action game that had me literally falling asleep after the first hour of play. I think you guys need to just judge games based on the money they are worth individually not in comparison to each other. I would have spent $60 or more on the PA game but as for the $10 that Dark Sector costs, I'd rather wipe my ass with it, light it on fire, then eat the flaming shit bill because it would leave a better taste in my mouth than playing that shitty game again would. Still love the show though, keep on being awesome!

Great show today. Regarding purchasing a DSi. I had a DS lite, my boys had the original DS. I traded in my 2 boys old DSes towards the DSi($100 - 50 each for some really old systems). I also had some old games that paid for my son to get a DS Lite and I gave my other DS lite to my other son. They have no wants for the DSi because they still enjoy playing gameboy advance games. I like the new DSi because of the way it runs via it's front end, so I will play the new system and I am very happy. The stuff currently on the store look worthless to me.

Re: Fire and Explosive Rounds in 50 Cent Blood on the Sand.

You actually get them by accomplishing various challenges that pop up during the course of gameplay.

First Cheapy, now Wombat. I can't help but notice when you guys say "waiting on line" when you mean "waiting in line" for something. Is this a New York colloquialism, like the pronunciation of "Mario"?

annnnnd i think im done....repetitive show:

HASONCHOP.COM

HASONCHOP.COM

Cheapy, thank you for pimpin' Dark Sector! I got the game for $30 way back and i thought it was great. it was a pretty solid game and the Glaive function was extremely fun. you can cut off limbs before Dead Space and RE5 felt a lot like it in certain sections. :)

Btw, you forgot to mention how fast the loading is. it's like instant!

I just want to let you know that the Bluray price isn't going to $4 for everybody. Since I only get 1 disc at a time the price for Bluray is only going up to $2 for me. Whether or not netfilx is trying to get rid of bluray still remains to be seen. If they do go to an all streaming future & the movies are availible in both standard & HD, & they aren't a pay per play format, then I'd be totally down for that. Especially since I can stream to my 360. That would be so great to just be able to stream everything & not have to worry about waiting (it doesn't take that long to get them but still) to get the discs. That'd make me a netflix subscriber for life. One can only dream.

Definitely have to agree with you about Prince of Persia... it got awesome reviews and everyone seemed to love it when it came out, but I rented it and was more than done with it after a few hours... it honestly seemed like one giant QTE game (minus a button flashing on the screen). The combat especially sucked.

btw Cheapy, for the Netflix discussion, it probably costs them a pretty penny for bandwidth costs. but you have a point that it's easier to rent out their movies by streaming their videos only. but unless we have some mega pipe that can stream in 1080p video with 7.1 audio, i'm gonna continue renting out Blu-ray discs.

btw, i agree with the above that it's $2 now for Blu-ray rentals since i'm using the cheapest plan.

I might try Dark Sector as it's super cheap everywhere now. I remember playing the demo, I found it mediocrely average though..

bread's done
Back