Buy Xbox Live arcade games from Amazon.com

The best thing about this is that it allows you to buy the oddly-priced items (Like things that cost 15.00) without having to "overbuy" points. Also, you can gift XBLA games through this method.

Now if Amazon would Gold Box these things, or put things on sale that where still full priced on Live... This could be a great way to get more deals right alongside the XBL "Deal of the Week" program.

I may just use points exclusively for DLC now. I hate having to buy more points than I need for an 800 point game.

I'll never get rid of those 20 MS points perpetually stuck in my account.

This is great, but I will probably just stick to points in most cases. I pretty much never pay full price for points and therefore don't pay full price from any XBLA or DLC. Amazon may gold box or discount these, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It would be nice if they mailed out a physical card. These would make awesome filler items for free shipping.

Check it out ...

Xbox Live via Amazon

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many deals but now you can pay via credit card and deal w/ real money instead of space bucks. Also, who knows .. it may lead to some good deals some day.

Great find. . .We can only hope this leads to something like Steam sales on content--honestly what MS has done so far has been pretty underwhelming.

See... this is where MS was incredibly smart to implement their spacebucks instead of people just paying cash for items.

Most of all my purchases on XBL I would never have pulled out a CC and payed that much cash for them. However, spending the MS points is no thought at all. I realize I am still spending the equivalent amount of cash, but it doesn't SEEM like it.

Love it. Great find. I would be very surprised if Amazon did not find a way to offer some deals, in fact I am shocked there is not some insane deal with the launch of this thing, that seems to be Amazon's MO. Plus with $15 the new standard XBLA price (please see Flock and according to the latest OXM I received last night Lode Runner) and the in name only XBLA deal of the week, we need all the help that we can get.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']/me casts jealous glances at Strell, Lord of Points[/QUOTE]

I'm going to remember this always. It made me :]

[quote name='punkmaggit']So does that mean that these titles are now tradeable in Goozex?[/quote]

I'm going to say no since the codes they give you are one time use. They would also have no way of telling if you used it or not.

This is definitely a lot more convenient. Especially since one doesn't have to remember how the hell to figure out what equals a certain amount of money equals the same amount in points and you don't have to pay for entire points cards to get just one game.

Less worrying about being stuck with 200 points, too.

The sale on PA Ep 1 this week is not reflected in Amazons price, they have it lised for $20.

In fact I guess the sales on Live never will be, as they're only available to Gold subscribers.

[quote name='benjamouth']The sale on PA Ep 1 this week is not reflected in Amazons price, they have it lised for $20.

In fact I guess the sales on Live never will be, as they're only available to Gold subscribers.[/quote]

True, but there's the potential for Amazon sales.

I just browsed the games offered for fun and did notice that some of the games are cheaper on XBL than amazon. Some of the XBLA Hit titles.

looks like Mr. Cheapyd will be getting more amazon money from me. :)

(cheers to the marketing guy who came up with this :p)

This is a good way to expand the sales of XBL content. But with MS's DRM I still prefer to have my games on physical media. I love the arcade and popcap titles on disc, I have quite a few arcade games on media.

Great idea, especially for not having to "overbuy" points to get the titles you want. I wonder what kind of restrictions MS put on Amazon as far as being able to discount the games. I would imagine they have some kind of agreement that would keep Amazon from undercutting MS too severely or too often.

Still though, I think it's great. It's pretty much getting to the point where I can buy just about ANYTHING on Amazon now, which I LOVE!

as a man who has 767 points....I enjoy this!

damn zune music started to cripple my points and i accidently fell below the 800 point mark. i would have went bananas if i had to buy 400 points just to buy something at 800 points with my current situation

now, i can just pay for the content outright and keep my remaining points for small items

I am all for this. Sometimes I want to get something that's 400 points or something, but don't have the cash to pick up 1600 points. This makes things rather convenient. Now if only they sold DLC codes as well...

Finally, this is a step in the right direction. Why not just do away with space bucks altogether. I mean Amazon is taking a cut here, so doesn't it just make more sense to charge real dollars and get more business, because I'd buy it all direct from Microsoft if I could pay with real money, but now I'm going to use Amazon for all of my purchases.

[quote name='strongpimphand']as a man who has 767 points....I enjoy this!

damn zune music started to cripple my points and i accidently fell below the 800 point mark. i would have went bananas if i had to buy 400 points just to buy something at 800 points with my current situation

now, i can just pay for the content outright and keep my remaining points for small items[/quote]

I'm in a similar situation with a high 700+ point value, where most things are 800 points :/

[quote name='Strell']I'm going to remember this always. It made me :][/quote]

Never have I been more proud to be a CAG.

Also this is very convenient for those who don't want to overbuy on points!

My friends were talking about this the other day of having the odd amount of points and would have to buy more in order to get something they want. This would help out and I'm hoping they have some sales on the titles too.

Interesting... Looks like another way MS is trying to market Xbox Live for those many many people who have yet to get online.

[quote name='ninja dog']I would say "lets hope they kick it off with some sales" but I guess they already did :lol:[/quote]

Um, am I missing something? Everything that I'm seeing looks like it's the normal price to me . . .

[quote name='arcane93']Um, am I missing something? Everything that I'm seeing looks like it's the normal price to me . . .[/QUOTE]

1600 points for $.20 glitch this morning.

[quote name='ninja dog']1600 points for $.20 glitch this morning.[/quote]

Ahahaha, damn, it appears that they caught it . . .

[quote name='davyd']I may just use points exclusively for DLC now. I hate having to buy more points than I need for an 800 point game.

I'll never get rid of those 20 MS points perpetually stuck in my account.[/quote]

You have a better shot at getting rid of your 20 then I do trying to get rid of 42. I have no idea what I bought that ended in a 8.

Edit:
hmmm...it might have to do with buying things for the zune, as some else in the thread mentioned having 67 and they bought for the zune....

So I guess in theory now you can trade in your physical games to Amazon and get digital Xbox ones in return for your credit if you wanted to. Interesting....

[quote name='ninja dog']1600 points for $.20 glitch this morning.[/quote]
Boy, that sure would've been nice to get in on.

But I guess I'm in the minority where I will probably never use this. I don't mind over-buying on points because there's always something else I want. Be it a cheap arcade game or RB songs, I don't think I'll ever have too many points.

bread's done
Back