How do you ask out a girl?

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So I wanted to ask out this girl to the dance this Friday, but IDK how to do it. I haven't talked to her since last year and personally, I think it seems weird just going up to her out of no where and asking her. Is there a certain way to do it?

***Sorry for not updating the topic everyone, but I can finally tell everyone that she said YES!!!***

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always try interpretive dance. That way she knows you A) are interested & B) have mad dancing skills.

Yeah, just strolling up out of no where after a year would be kind of weird. The interpretive dance idea isnt bad lol. But in all seriousness you might have missed the boat on this one not building some sort of social relationship whatsoever with her before right now. But if you are going to do it be on point, talk to some of her friends if you are friends with any of them, and try to get a vibe for what her answer would be. And I highly doubt she will slap you for asking her out. Unless you grab a handful and say "Hey baby me and you gonna be doing some dancing friday or what," you should be alright. Good Luck man.

Ive been rejected numerous times throughout my school career. (Kindergarten- Currently 11th grade)
I asked 9 girls to the prom, all said "they weren't going. It got to the point where a lesbian girl felt sorry for me and said she would go with me, only to cancel on the last day due to an ingrown toe nail. (needed surgery on prom night) :/
It got to the point now where when I do get rejected I just don't care anymore.

Oh and by the way the girls that said they weren't going, were there. >_>

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']The expectation of failure guarantees the result of failure.[/QUOTE]
This.

Just show a little backbone and have confidence in yourself.

since you havent talked to her in a while youre probably screwed unless she likes you already. you should have talked to her a few times before the dance , gotten to know her a bit more and then popped the question. still i say go for it better to be turned down than to always wonder what if.

Get a bunch of people together and go as a group or you can sack up and just ask her. Or don't ask her to the dance and always regret it.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']just do it. if possible wear an insane clown posse t shirt.[/QUOTE]

You're on fire tonight :hot:

On topic: Just go ahead and do it without hesitation. I've learned that if you don't have confidence, go ahead and fake it and no one knows the difference. Don't let it get you down that you haven't talked to her in a while.. it's an advantage because you have a lot to catch up on and if that doesn't go as planned, you're at a dance where you'll hear nothing but music for 3 hours except for when you're outside taking a breather.

Bottom line is that the worst case scenario is that she says no and you don't go with her... which is the same point you're at now; nothing to lose by asking. Just approach her and say, "Hey, I know we haven't talked in a while, but I'd like to take you to the dance and I think we'd have a pretty good time." If she says yes, then give her your number to make final arrangements and cut it short. Leave her wanting more. If you make yourself out to be desperate she won't be interested, so plant a bit of mystique by keeping her guessing.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Ive been rejected numerous times throughout my school career. (Kindergarten- Currently 11th grade)
I asked 9 girls to the prom, all said "they weren't going. It got to the point where a lesbian girl felt sorry for me and said she would go with me, only to cancel on the last day due to an ingrown toe nail. (needed surgery on prom night) :/
It got to the point now where when I do get rejected I just don't care anymore.

Oh and by the way the girls that said they weren't going, were there. >_>[/QUOTE]
Serious question: are you a mouthbreather and/or do you post in the GGT?

You just need to strike up a conversation with her and get re-aquainted, and then next time you see her ask her out. And you just have to do it, longer you wait the harder it gets and next thing you'll know you will be 21 years old and have never been on a date.

You'll find it's sort of like an RPG, you need to level grind a bit, and then it gets easier and easier and your confidence begins to show and you'll have much more success.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Serious question: are you a mouthbreather and/or do you post in the GGT?[/QUOTE]...no, whats the GGT?

The best way to tell if she's legitimately interested is to ask her if you two (and make it clear about the two) can go out sometime, get something to eat, go to the dance whatever.

Also, since you've been friends for a while, be sure she doesn't misinterpret that.

My experiences in New Zealand taught me to just play the numbers game. I am average looking at best but I did ok. It was really just about having reasonable expectations, being personable and accepting that if she is goes to the bathroom for any reason you may as well start looking elsewhere because she isnt coming back.

usually best to get to know a girl a little bit first.

start by her complimenting her. try to follow the compliment up with conversation, especially since she will probably respond to the compliment with something you can follow up on.

if you dont follow up the compliment, the next time you see her, say hey, ask her whats up, try to converse then. just take it slow over about a week. by then you should be nicely aqquainted with her, pop the question then.

and the biggest advice! Just be yourself!!!!!!!! Also, 2 lessons i learned the hard way. Dont be overly polite. Save that for marriage. and 2, dont be clingy, girls like a guy that keep them guessing. The sense of your detachment from them actually physically makes them want to chase after you more, but like i said, they will hate it if you chase after them too much or seem desparate

Ask her when she is alone. Don't let her peanut gallery be an influenceto her or make you more nervous.

Go for it man.

I sure am going to ask her tomorrow. any other pointers I oughta know? Should I be like, "I know we haven't talked in awhile, but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me."

Last edited by a moderator:
free_candy.jpg

[quote name='TC']Ask her when she is alone. Don't let her peanut gallery be an influenceto her or make you more nervous.

Go for it man.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, be sure to follow her around until she's alone. Also, tell her that her hair smells pretty. Do not blink while you say this.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Get a bunch of people together and go as a group or you can sack up and just ask her. Or don't ask her to the dance and always regret it.[/QUOTE]

The latter has seemed to work most of the time. I'm not too sure some of us can help you all that much though (there are the exceptions!). You could try what someone else said before, go and show mad dancing skills than hope she will ask you, but that might be a sure fail. Whatever the choice good luck.

"Remember we're all in this together" Red Green =)

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']I sure am going to ask her tomorrow. any other pointers I oughta know? Should I be like, "I know we haven't talked in awhile, but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me."[/QUOTE]

That's such a "line." Just start talking to her casually and see if the dance ever comes up.

P.S. you come off as desperate when you say, "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." Whenever the opportunity comes up state, "Hey, lets go to the dance together."

Be assertive.

Then again, how old are you?

[quote name='billyrox']dude... just do it... and if you mess up who cares.. learn from it and like all things eventually you get better[/QUOTE]

yea, I will just learn from it and get better for another chance in the future.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']So I wanted to ask out this girl to the dance this Friday, but IDK how to do it. I haven't talked to her since last year and personally, I think it seems weird just going up to her out of no where and asking her. Is there a certain way to do it?[/QUOTE]

take your peepee out and wiggle it at her

"Are you going to the dance this Friday?"

"Um, maybe nobody's asked me yet."

"Do you want to go with me?"

"Yes. fuck yes. I want you NOW."

Everybody's a winner.

[quote name='AceSXE']Yeah, just strolling up out of no where after a year would be kind of weird. The interpretive dance idea isnt bad lol. But in all seriousness you might have missed the boat on this one not building some sort of social relationship whatsoever with her before right now. But if you are going to do it be on point, talk to some of her friends if you are friends with any of them, and try to get a vibe for what her answer would be. And I highly doubt she will slap you for asking her out. Unless you grab a handful and say "Hey baby me and you gonna be doing some dancing friday or what," you should be alright. Good Luck man.[/QUOTE]

Listen to, and do this. Damn near exactly what I'd suggest.

Just exude confidence...even if ya don't have it. Girls give you the benefit of the doubt that way if you're even kinda good-looking. Even if you totally fail in the confidence department after that...it doesn't really matter, cuz she's with ya and that's that. Work on fine-tuning the real confidence after that ;)

go up to and tell her u think shes beautiful and her ask her if she want to hang out some time plain and simple hit or miss move on go with the flow

bread's done
Back