CAGcast #160: You're Gonna Love My CAGcast

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]With E3 right around the corner, Wombat and Cheapy discuss some of the latest rumors, industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and much more!

[podcast]67[/podcast]
Download - 96 minutes, 39MB
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:
coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet for some reason I'm surprised and happy to see a new CAGcast :]

Gotta study tomorrow so I'll given it a listen in a bit!

This podcast wins just for referencing Slap Chop. Thanks for getting this out though! I don't know how I'd survive work without podcasts...

Is it me or is Wombat really into comforters and blankets . I can just imagine him sitting in his rocking chair with a cat in his lap crocheting little mittens for his bubbalas .

Great Podcast guys

Hopefully ill meet you cheapy at E3 (if i can get/sneak in). I'll bring some Green for your Glaucoma.;)

Wombat just listened to you talking about Fallout 3. Sadly enough I got Fallout 3 at target like 4 months ago for 40 dollars, and I took off the wrapping and I haven't even played it yet. Although I probably have 20 or so PS3 games to play.

[quote name='125125']Wombat just listened to you talking about Fallout 3. Sadly enough I got Fallout 3 at target like 4 months ago for 40 dollars, and I took off the wrapping and I haven't even played it yet. Although I probably have 20 or so PS3 games to play.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I played it for about 2 hours one day and haven't gone back to it since. I'll do it...eventually.

On another note, thanks for the latest cagcast, guys. I was surfing the internet and missed about 50% of what was said, but it sounded good.

I Play Saints Row 2, all the time on Live with my brother in Iceland. We both got the game, after Cheapy's rants!!!!

Go get the free steak dinner. I can tell you that there is a reason they asked you and Ship, CAGForeplay mentions these games when they are released, which is the only publicity that they really get. People aren't covering these games extensively so anyone who is willing to talk for a minute on a podcast about pet sims is their target for this dinner. If Ship comes away from the dinner with an idea of why these sims are different, he can mention it on CAGForeplay and the steak dinner will have been worth it for them.

[quote name='TheMoniter']"It looked like a Call of Duty 2 map". Wombat, World War II was REAL war and not a Call of Duty game.[/QUOTE]

yes, but the restaurant was a fabricated set, ala Call of Duty 2

Cheapy,

A CAGcast or two ago you mentioned your Shure headphones had one channel crap out. I experienced the same thing this last week. I checked out Shure's site to see about a warranty replacement, and they mentioned 75% of the requests they recieve are the result of wax clogging the nozzle. So instead of forking over $75 since I lost my reciept, I followed the cleaning instructions. If you take off the little rubber ear piece and shove the cleaning tool all the way into the nozzle and twist it around for a few seconds, you can probably clear the blockage. Worked for me and my headphones are working great again. Hope this helps.

Cheapy and Wombat,
I think you're missing the boat a bit on the UFC game. This is going to do huge business for THQ. I believe it will be the highest selling new release of May as the demand for this game is at a high pitch. Most Gamestop's in the St. Louis area had 100 preorders each for this game, so I can imagine it's only bigger in other cities. It's been 4 years since a UFC game came out and the amount of traffic the deal thread and the threads in the 360 forum get should be an indicator also.

Bionic Commando is going to be the game left out in the cold I believe. PunchOut and Infamous will sell well and be in the top 10 but I believe BC will be lucky to get in the overall top 20 for May. I don't know a single person in real life or on my PS360 friends lists who have even slightly mentioned the game.

The UFC game is supposed to be a representation of the sport, so it's going to be a slower pace than Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, etc. I would highly recommend doing the tutorial (which is in the demo) and then trying again to see if you enjoy it anymore. Many people don't seem to realize the tutorial is in the demo.

If it's too slow for ya I understand but I know myself and my non-CAG real life friends played the demo for 3 hours on Saturday night just handing the controller back and forth with only 2 fighters being available so for anyone who's watched a decent amount of UFC I would highly recommend a purchase, especially with the Best Buy deal (at least if you get it before the close of business on May 23.)

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']I'm in the same boat as you. I played it for about 2 hours one day and haven't gone back to it since. I'll do it...eventually.

On another note, thanks for the latest cagcast, guys. I was surfing the internet and missed about 50% of what was said, but it sounded good.[/QUOTE]

At least you got 2 hours into the game, I opened the case and then closed it thinking I would play it eventually, but I haven't even read the book which I normally do before starting a game. Think I was playing DMC4 and I still haven't beat that game either about a 1/4 way done with that.

Wombat how many hours into Fallout 3 were you into the game where you would say I need to continue playing cause it is addicting.

Cheapy I sent a message to Major Nelson on Live asking why you were being snubbed but I didn't get a response and I guess you didn't either. Now I guess I'll have to email him and Trixie to see what's up.

[quote name='125125']At least you got 2 hours into the game, I opened the case and then closed it thinking I would play it eventually, but I haven't even read the book which I normally do before starting a game. Think I was playing DMC4 and I still haven't beat that game either about a 1/4 way done with that.

Wombat how many hours into Fallout 3 were you into the game where you would say I need to continue playing cause it is addicting.[/QUOTE]

you need to play for at least 6-8 hours for it to sink in, it's an unusal commitment bit totally worth it

Cheapy, I wanted to discuss your comments about UFC: Undisputed 2009. While I personally love this game, I can understand why you wouldn’t like it. Comparing UFC Undisputed to fast paced fighting games would be like comparing Gran Turismo to Burnout, both are different takes on the same theme.

My question is, have you ever watched Mixed Martial Arts while living in Japan? Some of the best MMA promotions in the world are based there. Shooto, Pancrase, Sengoku, Dream FC (formerly Pride FC), and K1 just to name a few. I’m forced to hunt for torrents if I want to watch these fights, and it makes me jealous that you have such easy access to them.

And in case you didn’t know, disgraced Baseball star Jose Conseco will be fighting 7’2”, 330 pound Korean kickboxer Hong Man Choi during Dream FC 8 on May 26 at the Yokohama Arena. No, I’m not making this up. Jose Conseco will be fighting Mixed Martial Arts.

Cagcast

hasonchop.com hasonchop.com hasonchop.com hasonchop.com hasonchop.com hasonchop.com hasonchop.com hasonchop.com

Great show as usual.

Wow, and moron kids today think that classic rock songs are cheesy? Bringing a song like that Karate Kid one into a school during current times would surely get you killed.

P.S. It should just be Tommy Don. I've been through about 3 usernames on CAG alone and I still can't settle on one that people can pronounce...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Cheapy and Wombat,
I think you're missing the boat a bit on the UFC game. This is going to do huge business for THQ. I believe it will be the highest selling new release of May as the demand for this game is at a high pitch. Most Gamestop's in the St. Louis area had 100 preorders each for this game, so I can imagine it's only bigger in other cities. It's been 4 years since a UFC game came out and the amount of traffic the deal [/QUOTE]A guy I know who worked a GameStop midnight launch for both UFC and Killzone 2 said UFC had a lot more people buy the game.

$10,000 is ridiculously expensive imo. My wife and I had our wedding for probably less than $1,000, had about 30-40 people there. It was crazy when we went to go get the dress and the person asked how soon the wedding is (It was around mid April) and we said June... she looked shocked and asked "THIS June?" like it was a wedding sin to not spend years planning it out. We spent about three months getting the wedding together (decided to get married about 8 months before we had the wedding), which is plenty of time. Planning it out a year ahead is just ridiculous.

I guess we are just wierd, because we both didn't care about the wedding, we just had to get it over for family... I mean we love each other but just because I put a ring on her finger, sign a paper, and spend thousands of dollars on a ridiculous ceremony won't make us love each other more than we already do.

Its a waste of money, when you can spend that money on things that actually matter, like rent or victuals, or start up that savings account for when we grow old together.

Oh man this show was great! That slapchop... was awesome... I can't stop listening to it. The DJ is trying to win a contest, Cheapy I think you should use your internet space pimp powers - (along w/ Jewbeard) to help him win, and in return try to get him to do a mix for your site.

Don't feel bad about that karate kid song... I used to like it to... would NOT have chosen it for a school project, but I did like it. lol

[quote name='Usakei']$10,000 is ridiculously expensive imo. My wife and I had our wedding for probably less than $1,000, had about 30-40 people there. It was crazy when we went to go get the dress and the person asked how soon the wedding is (It was around mid April) and we said June... she looked shocked and asked "THIS June?" like it was a wedding sin to not spend years planning it out. We spent about three months getting the wedding together (decided to get married about 8 months before we had the wedding), which is plenty of time. Planning it out a year ahead is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I got married 6 weeks after I arrived in America since I came in on a K-1 Fiance Visa which only gives you 90 days to submit all the paperwork including a certified copy of the marriage certificate. So our wedding was very small and unfortunately my mum wasn't able to come over from New Zealand for it.

[quote name='Curufinwe']My wife and I got married 6 weeks after I arrived in America since I came in on a K-1 Fiance Visa which only gives you 90 days to submit all the paperwork including a certified copy of the marriage certificate. So our wedding was very small and unfortunately my mum wasn't able to come over from New Zealand for it.[/QUOTE]

Well that would be a bit more hectic than what we did, because we didn't really even start until a month before the wedding. We got the dress and rings and stuff before but there wasn't much to do until a couple of weeks before the wedding. It would be a little more hectic if you moved to a different country and tried to get your family down to attend. That sucks that your mom didn't get to attend.

How beautiful is New Zealand? The wife and I always wanted to go visit there to see if it is really as beautiful as people say.

The shows have been getting much tighter and sharp lately. I'm not sure where I fall on the Cheapy discussing his finances issue. That's a tough call, but since Cheapy is open with so much other parts of his life it appears in line with how he interacts with CAGs. On a show that discusses love hotels, various health ailments, work issues, marital isssues, and videogames too, on occasion, the finance stuff is just one small part of the overall CAGcast experience.

On a side note, I think the PS3 could be some sort of mock-up or experiment -- how could it be so thin -- no BluRay player on the market is anywhere near as thin. I'd be stunned if it is the real thing.

Cheapy, I roared on my drive into work this morning when you revealed it was "Glory of Love" you had chosen. Man...that was hysterical.

And then something strange happened: At the end of the podcast I found myself unknowingly drumming on the steering wheel, singing along even, to the magical music of Mr. Cetera. ;)

Great show as usual!

[quote name='rogueweapon']good show fellas. its nice you closed the show with your wedding theme song.[/QUOTE]

So the rumors are true. Cheapie and Wombat are married!

I'm sick of all of the hate the Zune gets. It may not have been amazing at launch, but over the past 2 years that I've had my Zune, it's firmware and software have been revised extensively. It's MUCH better now. We're talking a night-and-day difference compared to how it used to be. I'd take my first generation Zune over any iPod product, short of the iPhone/iTouch, sight unseen. The Zune is an excellent portable media player and doesn't deserve the hate it gets. One of you guys should review the new Zune on the CAGcast when it comes out.

Other than that, it was another excellent show. The way you guys are open about everything going on in your lives is what really makes the CAGcast feel unique. The two of you go together like ying and yang. Don't ever change and keep doing what you're doing.:cool::cool::cool:

The slim PS3 is for sure not real, it looks like junk and if you notice that it doesnt have the spiderman font for Playstation 3, it says PS3 with some weird S that sony has never used, its just a knock off theyre going to sell in chinese markets and they dont want engadget reporting that so sony can get pissed at them.

Also, i dont understand why you think Killzone is a failure, it sold over a million! And its still selling copies! Little Big Planet didn't sell like crazy at launch, but it has over 2 million sold and even more by now.

And just because some guy sold more UFC at his store, it could just be a regional thing or more UFC fans willing to stay up and go to the store.
Oh and Cheapy, Wolverine is a fun game but you have to agree, they used the same bosses way too fucking much, that Lava rock boss was used at least 6 times, and they don't even switch up any tactics on him!
Otherwise, it's a pretty fun game and definitely better than the movie.

Right there with you BlueSwim. I'm one of the two Zune owners in all of St. Louis and I'm always having to defend it. People think if it isn't an IPod it's crap.

[quote name='Microshock']And just because some guy sold more UFC at his store, it could just be a regional thing or more UFC fans willing to stay up and go to the store.[/QUOTE]

I'm just basing my opinion on what I know. My Gamestop has sold over 100 copies (preorders plus walkins,) 1/2 of my friends list (full 100) is playing it and even people who buy 1-2 games per year (my RLF's with 360's who don't have XBL Gold) have bought it. Many BB's have sold out of it (just ask CAG Matt Young about his odyssey to find the game.)

Don't be surprised when it sells 1 million units this month between the two versions. The game isn't for everyone as it's a slower, sim style of game. But if you like MMA, you're going to like this game. It's not perfect, but it's a damn good game that's 4 years in the making.

I wasn't really into music when I was little too. Anyway, that's a jerk of a teacher to not play your whole song because he didn't like it.

bread's done
Back