E3 Sony Press Conference Discussion Thread

fizzywix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Begins tomorrow at 11:00 AM according to IGN. They'll have a live feed of it up.

What are your predictions? What are you hoping to see?

My Predictions:

A bunch of unnecessary Home developments
Trophy integration into Home (does this exist already? I don't even know :p)
Increased movie/television support in the store
God of War 3 gameplay
Uncharted 2 gameplay + multiplayer details
A PS3 exclusive Metal Gear game
PS3 exclusive Final Fantasy details
MAG gameplay

Some things I'm not predicting, but hoping for:
Kingdom Hearts
New game from Ico/Shadow of the Colossus makers
Tekken 6
New Ratchet and Clank (this may be announced already? I don't know)

What I Thought:
I thought that was a well-done presentation. Microsoft had a great one this year though, so it was hard to beat. But I think Sony did a good job here.

GT graphics looked amazing, I'm sure that those were in-game graphics, or that the in-game is comparable.

The Last Guardian looks FANTASTIC, I'm sure it will be a great game and will create a bond between the main character and the beast like none other.

I wish they would have had some details about Agent, but a PS3 exclusive Rockstar game is good news.

The Playstation Motion Controller is obviously still in early stages, but I think it looked great, and has a lot of potential. The accuracy you can draw/write with it was very nice, and their examples of how it can be used in games makes it look very viable.

With new MGS, LittleBigPlanet, and all the other PSP games coming, I am actually looking forward to getting a new PSP Go (my last two were stolen/broken).

Mod Nation Racers looks like it will be a whole lot of fun. Mario Kart w/ completely customizable cars/tracks? Yes please! And their track creator demo made it look so easy and was very satisfying.

I was a big FFXI Player, so the FFXIV Online annoucement was good to hear, I don't plan on taking on any more MMOs though.

I will be downloading FFVII so I can finally beat it, haha, one of my discs got cracked back in the day.

Uncharted 2 obviously looked great, will be playing the multiplayer beta tonight!

Also, I am extremely excited to play MAG, even if it looks a bit underwhelming and gimmicky w/ the huge multiplayer right now.

So all in all, I think it was great. I was expecting to hear about MGS for the PS3, maybe even an exclusive version, but maybe it will be at the Konami presentation, or I am expecting too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fizzywix']Begins tomorrow at 11:00 AM according to IGN. They'll have a live feed of it up.

What are your predictions? What are you hoping to see?

My Predictions:

A bunch of unnecessary Home developments
Trophy integration into Home (does this exist already? I don't even know :p)
God of War 3 gameplay
Uncharted 2 gameplay + multiplayer details
A PS3 exclusive Metal Gear game
PS3 exclusive Final Fantasy details
MAG gameplay[/QUOTE]

I watched MS today. I want to see what Sony has to offer although I have a feeling MS will have the best one for 2 years in a row. I hope to see GOW3 gameplay. Uncharted 2 gameplay. MAG information/gameplay. Some big announcements or games we didn't hear much about.

Sony will need to bust out with some seriously big 1st party announcements and showcases. MS put on a good show, but a lot of it was just highlighting stuff everyone already expected. Good stuff nonetheless, but it's clear MS is harnessing the 3rd party exclusivity deals they gained back when the 360 was the only thing on the market, and Sony had yet to understand the words "3rd party developer support".

Rambling for 20 minutes about the PS2, Home, and how this is going to be Sony's year.

Hopefully there is some MGS news.

I just hope they don't demo a new motion controller in light of Microsoft's Natal -- unless it's absolutely stellar, it would look pretty silly and "childish."

They will likely be a large focus on the PSP Go and focus on integrating the PS3, PSP Go, and online experience into one cohesive unit. Not much in terms of family oriented or casual market -- but rather why the Playstation brand has the best tech.

And please, no more than 3 bar graphs.

Sony really does need some "megaton" announcements to one-up MS this year. I don't feel MS really won last year, but this year they really stepped up their game. If Natal really works like they demonstrated, I could see it easily toppling the Wii with the right support. Honestly, their demo made Wii waggling look plain silly (and I have a Wii).

Halo game after Halo game really is getting quite lame. The ODST demo looked completely uninspired, but Alan Wake, Conviction, Forza, getting MGS: Rizing, and all of the new features coming to Xbox Live really made their show for them. Also they didn't even have to show some of the other exclusives like Mass Effect 2.

The onus really is on Sony to outshine Microsoft, but it's not going to be easy. Whereas MS kept many things quiet prior to the show, Sony has let lots of things slip. Short of showing something that is completely unexpected and awesome, this show is going to be MS's. Also it wouldn't hurt for Sony to "steal" some exclusive content from MS. MS has now done it 2 years in a row with FFXIII and now MGS (yes I know techically FF and MGS have been on MS systems before).

sly cooper

Jak

Ratchet and Clnk (of course)

KH3

GOW3

Some kind of lame wiimote ripoff

ps3 bundles

psn classic games releases(ps1 and ps2)

Home crap

Wow just heard that the Sony conference will be 2 hours long.

I'm hoping for:

FF Versus XIII
Trico
GoW3
Kingdom Hearts 3
Home Trophy Integration
PSP Trophies
DEFINITELY NO MOTION CONTROLS PLEASE (the more and more I look at the Natal, the more and more I think it was probably bs; merely a proof of concept)
MOST IMPORTANTLY STUFF WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF

1/3 of the time focused on relaunching the PSP - the PSP Go and its top tier titles along with new PlayStation Store announcement that transcends PSP and PS3.
1/6 of the time referencing Home and how much support it's getting.
No PS3 Slim.
No PS2.
Bar graphs.
Montages.
God of War III gameplay.
Project Trico trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how you guys expect Sony to drop everything and draw up a sketch of some motion controller immediately after they said Natal.

I think they'll show off games we want to see, perhaps announce some exclusives we havent seen, maybe GT5? PSP will be a big focus with the PSP Go!

No price drop I'm assuming? I waited for E3 so I wouldn't kick myself in the ass for getting the current PS3 if a new one with more features was coming out. Should have jumped on the Dell 160GB deal..

1. Release dates for Final Fantasy VII and/or Metal Gear Solid on PSN

2. Thatgamecompany's followup to Flower

3. Lots of PSP Go!

4. PS3 slim/Price Drops/ New Bundles (probably discuss the Advent Children promo)

5.Lots of Uncharted 2/Ratchet & Clank/ God of War 3

1. Main focus on Uncharted 2, Ratchet & Clank, God of War 3, MAG, and Heavy Rain
2. PSP Go! with a focus on downloadable PS1 games and new content

A side note: has anything been shown regarding that EyePet demonstration from awhile ago? It was a monkey where you could make objects for it and the PlaystationEye camera could detect what it is you were trying to sketch?

maybe they may announce new colors for the ps3 i would buy one if they offered it in yellow that would be sweet

The words Gran Turismo with a 5, and not just mobile or psp. I want the real thing damnit.

Dream (that will never happen) - Valve developed Episode 3 day and date with steam version.

[quote name='lokizz']i predict a gow3 red ps3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

That would be SWEET!

I'm really hoping to see for the PS3:
TRICO
God of War 3, Heavy Rain & Uncharted 2 - I know these have already been revealed and discussed but I want more info.
An update for the PS3 browser or an app or something that allows us to watch Hulu
Software emulation for PS2 games (for those of us who don't have BC or fully BC PS3s)
Some damn RPGs without FF in the title... Kingdom Hearts, a new Tales game (not the Vesperia port), Shadow Hearts, Lunar (pfft, I wish), anything!

I'm hoping to see on the PSP:
-Remakes of PS1 RPGs (already know about Persona, would love to see some more)
-Not much else...

Man. I'm so anxious about Sony's E3 announcements. Hope I can get in on the PS3 deal from Dell.com if a price drop/redesign is not imminent. $357 for a 160GB bundle seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. I'm so behind in the times, all my friends are playing their PS3 all the time, and I'm stuck here playing my dumb PS2/DS. :cry:

Kinda funny in the 1 vs. 100 beta tonight on the 360 there was a question about Blu-Ray and about the developers of Heavy Rain, can't remember their name off the top of my head. There were also 2 Nintendo questions.

[quote name='jling84'] Also it wouldn't hurt for Sony to "steal" some exclusive content from MS. MS has now done it 2 years in a row with FFXIII and now MGS (yes I know techically FF and MGS have been on MS systems before).[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity when was Final Fantasy on the XBox? I remember MGS2 being ported to XBox 1 (a horrible port) but don't remember anything FF related other than the tower defense game ported from the IPhone to XBLA (is that even a FF game?)

[quote name='Thomas96']PS3 Gears of War... I feel its coming[/QUOTE]

well there is that japanese game that looks alot like gears coming exclusively on PS3 so we'll prob see that.

My predictions: Emphasis on PSN, Go, and Home.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just out of curiosity when was Final Fantasy on the XBox? I remember MGS2 being ported to XBox 1 (a horrible port) but don't remember anything FF related other than the tower defense game ported from the IPhone to XBLA (is that even a FF game?)[/QUOTE]
It has been so looong since it came out but you forgot all about Final Fantasy 11 being on the 360 and it having a expansion pack. It came out within the first year of the 360.

I love how people keep forgetting the other exclusive that MS stole last year outside of FF XIII was Tekken 6.

I hope that Uncharted 2's single player is a longer and that GoW 3 has a decent ending.

My prediction is that they will drop the price by $50 and ship every new PS3 with a hot girlfriend. You can trade in your old GF.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well there is that japanese game that looks alot like gears coming exclusively on PS3 so we'll prob see that.

My predictions: Emphasis on PSN, Go, and Home.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, I forgot all about that game. Yeah its definitely time for that game to be shown.

It'd be nice if they would introduce the ability to install PS2 games to the PS3 HDD, but I seriously doubt that will happen, unless of course they're able to full emulate PS2 games via software. (That'd be a very nice feature to introduce)...

dbr1ue.jpg

Lol nice pic Paco.

PS2 software b/c
Home stuff
Sequals we already know about
Mystery BBC game???
New work from Team Ico -Im hoping Trico waas a tech demo

I'm jumping to Gametrailers as well. IGN held up perfectly through the entire Nintendo presentation with a good quality picture but it was a full minute - minute and a half behind.

Gametrailers just heard the voice that its starting in a few minutes. So much for a prediction thread btw lol...

I was supposed to be at work at 12, i told them im going to be real real real late. I dont wanna miss out on the live coverage :p I'm such a nerd.

Well heres hoping Sony will tempt me to get a PS3 this year, but I doubt that will happen. I own a PS2 and PSP so I'm just looking forward to news on those right now (haha PS2... yeah right).

[quote name='pop311']Why not G4?[/QUOTE]

The feed has been horrible for me and I don't get the station.

Kinda quiet in here. No chatter?

[quote name='pop311']Why not G4?[/QUOTE]
Crapped out yesterday for a lot of people. It may be fine now though. Gametrailers has worked fine so I'm sticking with it.

bread's done
Back