(Mini-Con)test: Win Transformers (PS2) from CheapAssGamer! [CONTEST OVER]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is your chance to win the new PS2 Transformers game that comes out May 11, 2004.

To enter, post your entry in this thread and tell us who is your favorite Transformer and why.
It can be from any Transformers series.
The winning entry will be chose at random.

One entry per person. Rules subject to change.
Contest ends Monday, April 19th at 11:59PM.

Check out my hands-on preview here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117325#117325

Optimus-Prime_400.jpg

My favorite Transformer is Optimus Prime, because I honestly don't remember the names of any of the others. Yay, random!

typo
[quote name='CheapyD']...The winning entry will be choseN at random...

[/quote]
/typo

My favorite is Optimus Prime, too, for the same reason as guessed. He looks cool enough, and I'm in no mood to look at the other guys and decide who my favorite is.

Soundwave, of course!

Back when it was all getting started, who didn't want that old boom-box bot w/ the cassettes that transformed into a cheetah & hawk!

Of course, later on Devastator (the original group-merge bot) was hard to resist too.

Ahhh, to be an 80s kid again. B^)

Favorite Transformer advertising: an ad sheet included w/ another Transformer proclaimed proudly that when Perceptor was transformed into a microscope, the toy would actually magnify objects "up to 1x" (ie, possibly make things smaller) :lol:

Soundwave.
Not only did he have those cool cassettes that could pop out of his chest, but just recently I found our old (84, 85) Transformers in my parents attic, and he was the only one who really stood the test of time. Now that's strong!

Cliffjumper...because it's unfair that BumbleBee got all the glory just because he was yellow and had a much fruitier name.

Grimlock was my favorite transformer since i got him from my mom for easter way back when he first came out. It's wierd and appropriate since easter is only four days away and it reminds me of her and her kindness and support in all of my interests throughout my life. Grimlock has a little clear plastic trap door on his back that never seemed to fit the toy and didnt have a purpose. I recently learned that it was a door that was used for a little tiny micronaut guy that rode in his back from the original mold for the toy used in the pre-transformer takara toy company diaclone toy line in 1980-81. Grimlock trivia that makes him even more special to me.

http://www.cyberconexpo.com/

Soundwave - My fave transformer no doubt - Tossing cassettes outta his chest and bringin the beats to tha street! Man I wish I still had my old TRANSFORMERS

Soundwave is my favorite, no doubt. Why? Because he's a sweet boombox and was the first transformer I ever got! On top of that, he's a loyal follower, shows no emotion, and kicks some serious butt.

I still remember unwrapping him that wonderful Christmas morning! What kid growing up in the 80's could resist a boombox robot??

jeug

Without a doubt, for me, it was Starscream. Megatron's right-hand-man with delusions of granduer. Just the whole concept of hating the autobots, yet wanting to usurp the leader of his cause creates such a wonderful conflict of interest, which is made all the more great because he was such a moron!

hotrod, when i used to watch this show when i was like 8 i used to love that he transformed into that car. and ofcourse he destroyed that big planet robot thing. starscream and soundwave were really cool too.

Hot Shot is the best transformer. He is the fastest one in the group plus he will stop wahtever he is doing to check out any hot looking red car out there. Wouldn't any guy out there stop to check out a hot red car? Exactly.

my is Destron, cause I vividly remember his favorite motto: “If you haven’t tasted my wrath that means you still have a tongue!”

man, that is one machine with attitude!!

In his robot mode he usually carries a massive double-barrel plasma rifle. This weapon can release blasts of energy with enough power to burn an entire forest to ashes!! and when he get his chance and bonded with his dinosaur pretender shell, Gairyu takes on the form of an ankylosaurus!! at that state he is simply bad ass!

just like me.. a bad ass.. lol

I love all of the transformers because they are more than meets the eye, AND they are robots in disguise. How cool is that? ;)

Optimus Prime. Because I still remember getting the toy on Christmas day...good times.

And I still love Transformers. Collecting the DVDs now.

I'd have to say Megatron... Mostly because I was all behind that 'destroying the Autobots' thing. Rah, team. Go!

Wheel Jack,
-Has a Ninja Like face
-Talks with his Ears
-Built the dinobots
-His car form is a Lancer!
-Could have saved prime in the movie! IMO, because Perceptor doesnt know anything about autobot medicine, he needs to stick to chemistry.

Starscream definitely. Pure evil with an intense hatred of the Autobots and an undying want to be leader of the Decepticons at any cost. And he got to fire Megatron when he transformed into a gun! He's the man! (so to speak)

I personally have always liked optimus prime. He was a great leader and always tried his best to make those nasty decepticons didnt get there way. oh yea

--Shadd

Definitely the Constructicons. They were totally evil and cool. They formed Devastator! I used to pass this one construction yard on a highway in the car with my parents and they had a few green bulldozers. I used to imagine they were constructicons. I was also a huge fan of the ORGINIAL Transformers.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Megatron transformed into a gun? He is suppose to be this all mighty badass yet someone else had to shoot him at the autobots. It was always laughable to me.

devastator.jpg

Optimus was, of course, the best and I still have nightmares about his demise. The best toy, however, was without a doubt, the big, bad, purple, vulcan-logic loving, gold-eyed, cyclops-lookin, reverberating voiced, right-handed, left-lasered, clear-plated-car-front-shaped chest, flip-up sight having, check-out-the-size-of-this-gun-you-little-wussy-handheld-pistol-megatron SHOCKWAVE! I think he was the first transformer toy that actually made sound (two different sounds even!) and had that flashing laser light. I threw a fit when my parents bought it as a gift for my cousin right in front of me and started to learn humility and how tricky parents can be when I opened it up on Christmas day.

When Beast Wars came out, I started collecting those ones up, since my parents got rid of my original stash of transformers for the most part. Optimus was a close second, since he was a bad-ass gorilla who rode a hover-board, but Cheetor was my favorite, 'cause he was a wisecracking cocky bastard.

You know, I've never considered this since childhood? Thankfully, grammatical nit-picking saves the day and I can answer your question exactly as you worded it: who IS my favorite transformer.

Ratchet. The autobot with an ambulance as his automotive form. His personality always stood out from the others--well, they were all very one-dimensional--because of his focus on saving the wounded. He was probably the first personification of the Hippocratic oath that I was exposed to at a young age. Looking back on it now, I realize that this was probably the most lasting impact that that cartoon series had on me.

Now, had you asked who WAS my favorite character, then my answer would've mirrored most of the others here. (and better yet, had you asked which was my/our favorite toy, then a unanimous cheer should've gone up for the one Anime/Macross ripoff: Jetfire!! ...who could actually transform as a toy exactly as he did on the show! Everybody and his kid brother had Jetfire. And Grimlock.)

My favorite is Optimus Prime because when he died in the movie I cried....alot. I recently watched that movie with my son and my eyes kinda got teary :( . No Joke.

Definetly Starscream! You can't beat that cobra commander voice and the fact that he was always a sneaky bastard

It was definitely Soundwave. Teh voice was spectacular, and he had Ravage at his disposal -- HE was vicious. What beats hearing him say "Laserbeak! Eject!" ?

Soundwave by far. My older brother had TONS and TONS of transformer figures, and I remember looking through them and finding a cassette deck. I thought "what the hell?", so I transformed it into a robot. He came with a cassette tape that turned into a pretadactyl if memory serves. What a great transformer.

I used to be big into transformers when I was younger, but I can't remember any names except Optimus Prime. So he gets my vote for the best.

Soundwave for sure! Could there be any other choice? I mean, he came with like 4 other Transformers for cryin' out loud. Just like CAG, Soundwave's all about value.

Ironhide, because no one has mentioned him yet and I've always been a fan of the grizzled, old veteran archetype. His death scene in the movie ruled too.

It would have to be HOUND. Come on, he's an old military jeep. Actually, it would have to be Sideswipe. He's the only one I really wanted, but never had.

Of course, my old school fav is Optimus. I mean come on, he was twice the size of everyone else and didn't need someone to fire him.

My favorite is not Optimus Prime or Starscream, it's is Skyshark. Yeah, he was a horribly stupid lackey but he was cool in a dumbass way. He had the best line in the Tranformers: Robots in Disguise: " I am not guppy!!!"

Optimus Prime hands down! I was big into trucks when I was little and being a hugh transformers fan Optimus Prime was perfect. Plus he just plain kicks ass! I just remembered I still have my Optimus Prime toy laying around here somewhere!

Soundwave! I can't believe all you who loved that goody goody Optimus. What a wus.

Soundwave had cassetts in his gut that turned into mechanical animals! And when Megatron turned into a gun, he was often held by Soundwave (I never quite understood that... how did he get small enough to fit into Soundwave's hand when in robot form they were both the same size???)

Soundwave & Megatron were the only two toys from the series I owned as a kid. Man that was a long time ago.

Hmm....gotta be metroplex, omega supreme, or silverstreak. Silverstreak because nobody knows why the hell he's called that unless you got the one where there was actually a streak running through him and metroplex ans omega supreme because they were big bad asses. And did anyone in here ever have a crush on Arcee? I know a little brother of a friend of ine did. ha. that was pretty funny

bread's done
Back