(Mini-Con)test: Win Transformers (PS2) from CheapAssGamer! [CONTEST OVER]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is your chance to win the new PS2 Transformers game that comes out May 11, 2004.

To enter, post your entry in this thread and tell us who is your favorite Transformer and why.
It can be from any Transformers series.
The winning entry will be chose at random.

One entry per person. Rules subject to change.
Contest ends Monday, April 19th at 11:59PM.

Check out my hands-on preview here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117325#117325

Optimus-Prime_400.jpg

Dinobot. I love the story of a character struggling between right and wrong. Good and Evil. And then heroically dying and redeeming himself for his former ways.

Carvelatron. He transformed into an ice cream truck. Both Autobots and Decepticons rediculed him and called him gay. He didn't last long in the series.

(Soundwave is runner-up.)

Soundwave had the cool voice and badass attitude, plus it was the '80s and he transformed into a boombox; how cool is that?

G1 Optimus Prime is my Hero without a doubt and BumbleBee has an edge he because survived the entire transformers TV series AND the movie (where everone was getting killed left and right) and all of it without even owning a weapon!

But I have to probably say BeastWars RatTrap is my favorite because even with his small size he could talk smack to your face and back it up with action whenever he needed to. (atleast untill BeastMachines totally nuetered his character...:?)

My fav was probably Megatron just because he was such a bad-ass, especially in the comic books where he did things like take out all the Dinobots at once and all the Predacons at once.

"Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost!"

Optimus Prime

After the scene where he just runs through and wipes out like 10 decepticons how can you not love Optimus.

He is the greatest.

My favorite transformer is the Optimus Primal, because I got in during the beast wars era.

Optimus Primal was an interesting character, he wasn't actually the leader of the Autobots, but just a commander of a ship, but his epic battles with the Predacons across ancient earth were intriguing and spectacular.

Then, when beast machines came about he had to learn the secrets of Cybertron and become the savior of the transformers, sacrificing himself in the process, unlike the original Optimus Prime who died rather anticlimactically in a battle with Megatron.

Also, the transmetal Optimus Primal figure was really fun.

The Constructicons, why? They produced the coolest looking "big robot" combo :D .. if there was ever was one Transformer I like, its Ultra Magnus, he's 3 times the robot Optimus is :p

Definately would have to be a tie between Optimus Prime (did you know he's Jewish?) and Soundwave for not only the reasons mentioned above (being a boombox and all) .... but also.....I guess that's about it.

Optimus Primal from the Beast Wars series would have to be my favorite. He is not only a great leader but he has a cool transformation.

primemaxface.jpg

primesface.jpg

Hands down, Blaster. He was the coolest boombox in town. Nothing reminds me of my breakdancing childhood more than him. Ah, those were the days. Walkin round Brooklyn pimpin my breakin skills on any 9 year old sucka who stepped to me. I never served anyone without my linoleum and my Blaster T-shirt on! Fools was like, "Yo, I just got served by Blaster!" Oh yes indeed. \:D/

Like every other person I'm going to pick Soundwave. I remember how happy I was on Christmas when I opened up the box and took him out. Then my Dad asked me what the tape (Buzzsaw) plays. I told my Dad it doesn't play anything. My Dad couldn't believe he spent 25 bucks on something that looked like a tape player, but didn't work.

A couple years later Soundwave was forced to remain his tape deck form as my friend, Tim, accidentally broke his head off on a cross-country trip. RIP Soundwave.

My favorite transformer ever is Depthcharge. My reason? Well, the fact that he was a total badass had a lot to do with it. Not only was his weapons payload enough to level a whole city (a BIG city), but he had a sharp sense of wit, too. That, plus manta rays are just plain awesome.

Oh, and he also made a heroic sacrifice at the end of the Beast Wars story arc. I mean, that's gotta be worth something, too.

Starscream was my fav...he's so freakin bananas. And he transforms into a jet, which gives anyone huge bonus points. I wish I could transform into a jet, I'd be like - zoooooooooom! I'm goin home!

I love the transformers still do. I really don't liek the new series but the old series on DVD is really what the transformers were all about. I even have the original VHS of the Transformers the movie. Out of all of them, the one I like the most was soundwave.

Shockwave- because he is so logical about everything he does. Plus, in the 2nd volume of Dreamwaves G1 series, he was awesome, and almost beat Prime and Magnus!

I'll have to go off the board and vote for Jazz. I grew up listening to Scatman Crothers and just loved to hear him talk. He was Honk Kong Phooey and Meadowlark Lemon for Heaven's Sake. Plus he was in The Shootist, Chuckoo's Nest, and Chico and the Man. Too many memories.

animequest_1783_11710290
ScatmanCpilot.JPG

This thread rocks. It's like a big nostalgia trip.

Hands down favorite is Optimus Prime. Leader of the good guys. Always ready to sacrifice himself for Autobots and humans alike. Big red truck.

I remember when I was kid sitting in awe as Optimus mowed down the Deceps in the movie, and then getting teary eyed when he and everyone else died. Not Ironhide!!

I remember in the comic where he had to choose between saving Ratchet, and finally destroying Megatron.

Best toy/ cartoon character ever

"You've got the touch...you got the power...."

well if Beast Wars: Transformers counts, then my favorite was Dinobot. he converted to the good guy side (maximals) and was always distrusted, especially by rattrap. he was badass.

Optimus Prime, of course. Died not once, but twice to sacrifice himself for the good of others. So what that the writers killed him off the first time so that they could introduce new toys to make their gazillions?

[quote name='Journey']Megatron.....he was such a bad ass........no apologies for anything......[/quote]
Same with me for the same reason man..

Optimus Prime is definitely the man. Comes attached with his own battlestaton and lil robot sidekick :D

Optimus Prime was by far the best. Because he's (it's?) the leader, I'm sure thats teh most popular answer. He was big and could kick ass, what mroe could ya want out of a transformable robot?

Optimus Primal. He saved the Original Transformers and the Ark from certain destruction at the hands of Megatron. He also restored balance to Cybertron while heroically sacrificing himself in the process.

Oh yeah, he could turn into a gorilla as well. If that's not hardcore I don't know what is.

I got some crappy Jeep transformer for Christmas. He was definitely one of the second stringers that stays back at the Autobot base and warms the bench. I can't remember his name... Scout, maybe?

Since everyone else is picking Soundwave, I'm going with one of my runners-up, Ratbat. AFAIK, he never appeared in the cartoon, but he was the Decepticon cheap ass in the comics.

I'd probably say Optimus Prime, mostly because he's the most prominent in my mind and cause I still have his sweet action figure.

Tough call between
1) Soundwave - definitely cool that he had those 2 casette tapes that you could pop in and out.

2) Bad ol' Megatron - he turned into a real-looking metal gun. Bet that parents would stand for that today, but man was that cool.

I'm with the majority, my favorite is also Optimus Prime, mainly because he looked the coolest (colors and how big he was) and for gosh sakes he was an 18-wheeler, that's just awesome.

I'm big on Megatron--villains are always more fun.

I also dig Galvatron--since Megatron basically sold his soul to be upgraded, and then he vaporized Starscream within twenty seconds of touching back down on Cybertron.

bread's done
Back