(Mini-Con)test: Win Transformers (PS2) from CheapAssGamer! [CONTEST OVER]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is your chance to win the new PS2 Transformers game that comes out May 11, 2004.

To enter, post your entry in this thread and tell us who is your favorite Transformer and why.
It can be from any Transformers series.
The winning entry will be chose at random.

One entry per person. Rules subject to change.
Contest ends Monday, April 19th at 11:59PM.

Check out my hands-on preview here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117325#117325

Optimus-Prime_400.jpg

Deffianately Otacon mainly because I just love how cool that guy is. He annihalates MiniCons like Ain't no thang, and its just so cool to watch that guy beat the crap out of Bigger Cons.

Ratchet. Because he heals people, not hurts.

And, because it was the only Transformer my mom would let me buy when I was a kid. After she took away the static laser gun.

My childhood...gunless...sad......lonely....

I like Optimus Prime for the beast wars series
He was my favorite because he was the strongest and it looked cool when he transformed

Omega Supreme all the way. Come on, he's made of freaking train-tracks, a rocket AND a train. And he talked like the freaking Hulk, but everyone feared him.

Oh yeah, that was nice....

StarScream - those old toys had a lot of die cast metal parts and one time my younger brother chucked one at my head. It's not a particularly pleasant memory but I makes me miss the good times we had.

Metroplex.

http://www.robot-japan.com/Metroplex.jpg

Guns bigger than some of the transformers alone... rockets in his chest... and built like a tank. Voltron's got nothing on him.

The frickin' thing is a city, and when it wants to lay the smack down, it transforms into the most kick-a$$ Autobot. I still remember when a friend in elementary school showed me the toy and I had absolutely no idea what it was or when it had come out. I was in Transformer shock and knew that my collection now had a big gaping hole in it. My Mom, being the awesome Mom she is, took me and my brother to the local Toys R Us that week so we could add this insaneley cool toy to our collections.

The only thing I could compare it to now is when some awesomely good video game comes out of nowhere without any media hype whatsoever. You're totally taken off guard and just need to play it.

Well since I watched Transformers a long time ago the only one that I remember is Optimus Prime. I do remember the one that turns into a fighter jet but remembering the name is difficult.

My favorite was Hot Rod. Manily becuase he got to be leader after Optimus Prime died. I think Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime then. Plus, Hot Rod was a cool looking sports car.

Optimus Prime. I will never forget the fateful day a friend brought it to school...wow... My childhood was never the same. I had to pick up the "refreshed" version a couple of years ago and it is still a great transformer.

Megatron, because of all the things he could have transformed into, he transformed into a regular sized pistol. That takes balls. :p

Its been too damn long, but the yellow bug. I cant remember his name for the life of me. Always go for the underdog!!!!

Very cool contest cheapyD

my fave would be Devastator

he was one of the Gestalt-type Transformers (Constructions) probably the most unique one despite being the first-one, in that he consisted of six smaller type Decepticons. The others usually had one large "body" transformer, w/ 4 other "smaller" ones making up the arms/legs. And he appeared in one of the best Transformers eps as well.

There are so many good choices for favorite transformer, as evidenced by all the replies so far here, but for me, I have to go with Huffer. Sure, he's not the most memorable (For those who don't remember, he was a little orange and blue semi-truck), but to me, he's very special, because he was the first Transformer I owned. I was such a thrill whenever he showed up in an episode, because he was right there in front of the tv with me. Time has passed, but I still have Huffer. He's missing an arm, and his legs are getting stiff, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

Unicron. he eats planets for chrissakes! there is nothing cooler that that. he and that guy from silver surfer should go on a picnic or something.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Its been too damn long, but the yellow bug. I cant remember his name for the life of me. Always go for the underdog!!!!

Very cool contest cheapyD[/quote]

Bumblebee.

Optimus Prime, or as my son calls him, Optimus Crime. Sometimes there is no reasoning with that kid...

Dinobot, he had a take-no-prisoners attitude and ate his organic equivalent. How many characters would remove their competition by eating them?

Starscream. Starscream makes no secret of his ambition to overthrow Megatron as Decepticon leader. He is ruthless, cold-blooded, and cruel. In that sense the two rivals are very much alike. But he has a vain side that clearly distinguishes him. He considers himself the most handsome of the Decepticons. He exudes a high-class, urbane air that provides a certain irony to his murderous tendencies.

He looks down at Megatron for being antiquated in his military strategy. Starscream believes the Decepticons should rely more on guile and speed rather than brute, destructive force to defeat the Autobots. Megatron overlooks the potential threat Starscream represents for one very good reason: Starscream is very good at his job.

I'd have to go with Silverstreak. What says 80's more than a pimpin' 280z that transforms into a kickass robot? Unless maybe the Lamborghini (Red Alert?).

Mirage was always my fav. I think his ability to turn invisible always fascinated me as a kid.

I'm going to also go with Optimus Prime--the classic one, with the truck. After all, 'We dig Optimus Prime and not Galvatron....'

It's hard for me to choose between Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, the two "brothers" that were Lamborghinis. Both of them had huge egos and they just looked awesome.

if I have to pick between them, I go with Sideswipe though. Always liked him a little bit more because he wasn't as much of a pretty boy. But you gotta love the sarcasm.

So, sorry Sunstreaker...but your brother is a little cooler than you.

My pick: Sideswipe.

dwsunstreakersideswipe.jpg

I didn't really watch the show that much but I had transformer toys. Because of this, I really didn't know much of the story behind the figures. Unfortunatetly, I had toys from various manufacturs and different times (as I was po') and thus my Optimus Prime was my tiniest figure- thus in my play he was the weakest and stupidest. My best transformer was some pre-beastwars era neanderthal fish thinng that was so complex my six-year fingers couldn't even get him all the way into his robot mode- I just popped his head up out of his butt when I wanted him to talk. Now that I'm older and I've acquired recordings of the original show I've realized that I did my diminuative Optimus Prime, 'lil O-Prime if you will, a great disservice in my portrayal of him during my play sessions. Of course, having him getting beat up Raphael of the ninja turtles probably didn't do much to boost his plastic ego either.

So anyway, to answer your question my favorite transformer is Optimus Prime because as anyone who has watched Family Guy knows, not only is he the most powerful, he is also the most Jewish of all his robotic kin.

My favorite Transformer was Unicron! He was actually a planet that could transform. If bigger is always better, you can't get that much better than that. Another reason he is my favorite is because Unicron had the technology to manipulate, control, and modify other Transformers!

Optimus Prime. The originator, OG, big daddy. Just because he is the granddaddy of all transformers. muhahahhaa.

Opitimus prime, because I too can't remember many of their names. But I sure did love the cartoon. THe game looks solid. Can't wait!

rock_bolder.jpg

boulder, from the rock lords, with the power to transform into a rock, would kill any transformer
MUHAHAHAHA
::sulks::
yeah, i played with rock lords

Jetfire. He's my favorite soley based on the toy... It was so cool that it ended up being used in 3 cartoon series and three different toylines..

He was: Jetfire, an autobot jet.
A Valykre from Macross, and a veritech fighter from Robotech.

Three great series from the 80's and Jetfire was there for all of them.

I was a fan of Soundwave, my reason is because it has brought up some great humor amongst me and my friends over a certain topic that we have been discussing lately...
That topic is, what kids lie about to impress people...
We talked about how people would say they jumped over the pole in Super Mario Bros. or that they shot the dog in Duck Hunt...
Well anyway, we had this one friend back in the day that tried to say that he could put real tapes in Soundwave and they would play...
So he said he was listening to It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone (GNR BABY!! haha) and whenever they cursed, or as he would say "everytime they said a bad word", then Soundwave would put his hands up...
As if he were celebrating something, like winning a soccer championship (good thing he didn't take off his top)...
So yeah we then played GNR tapes on Teddy Ruxpin and that actually does work and is some of the funniest stuff ever...
I suggest everyone get a Teddy Ruxpin and play some of the music you listen to nowadays on him, good laughs...
But back to the Transformers, we finally showed him there was no way it could play a real tape because the little animal tapes that went in him were smaller than a tape...
This was about the time that he decided to say that he taped GNR onto an answering machine tape, the kid didn't give up, but yeah at least he stuck to his lie...
Too bad it was just so ridiculous that we had to give him a Long Island High School Football initiation-style beatdown, only using GI Joe figures instead of pinecones...
OK, we didn't take it that far, but yeah, the reason Soundwave is my favorite Transformer is because he recently reminded me of such great memories of my childhood, just thinking back... :)

Constructicons are my favorite. As a kid they were so cool because you could build an even bigger, cooler transformer with them.

never watched the old school transformers. dont know why. maybe i was too young. but i loved the beast wars series. id have to say rhinox was my favorite.

I would say Optimus Prime since I remember I got his action figure for my 7th birthday. That and the fact that I don't remember the other ones :wink:

Megatron because in every Transformers series he ends up being a villain that just won't go away. He always has cool transformation (ie. Dragon and The Tank)

bread's done
Back