Amazon Video Game Lightning Deals All Day TODAY - Wolfenstein $40/$30 DotD

It's an all games Gold Box!

6am - Gozer was big in Sumeria = Civilization Revolution
9am - Dracula rises again = Castlevania Judgment
1pm - Pyramid Head welcomes you home = Silent Hill Homecoming
4pm - Zombies eat brains = ???
7pm - Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back. = Ghostbusters again?

Despite not being the first to post it, Linkin deletes all other DOTD threads and keeps his own. Huh. Imagine that.

GameCrazy has this on sale for $44.99 new/$39.99 used until 9/26 for those with some credit to burn.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']still too expensive for a game with poor graphics and a broken multiplayer mode[/QUOTE]

Not to mention broken single player too. I rented this and couldn't complete it because it froze on the loading screen to the last level. Tried 4 times, but no dice. No choice but to send it back uncompleted. Buyer beware.

I bought it. From what I hear it's ok and with my ECA discount it brought it down to $30. Figure I'll play and trade in, get back some of what i payed. Anyone know what this trades in for at Gamestop? $15?

[quote name='Scorch']Despite not being the first to post it, Linkin deletes all other DOTD threads and keeps his own. Huh. Imagine that.

GameCrazy has this on sale for $44.99 new/$39.99 used until 9/26 for those with some credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

We added them within the same minute, although I was 2nd, my OP was nicer :p

It looks like the first and last will both be Ghostbusters. Probably one for PS3 and one for Xbox.

I really like Wolfenstein. I was able to get it for $30 and would recommend it at that price. Plus you can sell it back to Amazon for $31/29 if you don't like it or just want to get rid of it after you finish the single player. I can't vouch for the multiplayer. It took a place on the shelf after Batman:AA was released.

[quote name='gunm']It's an all games Gold Box!

9am - Dracula rises again = Castlevania Judgment[/QUOTE]

Would love cheap Castlevania Judgment in spite of the fact that it's supposed to be a pretty horrible game. The Castlevania fanboy in me has to have it regardless. (though it's probably just as likely to be $20 Order of Ecclesia)

None of these horror game descriptions sound like Cursed Mountain :(

[quote name='fwbweux']Would love cheap Castlevania Judgment in spite of the fact that it's supposed to be a pretty horrible game. The Castlevania fanboy in me has to have it regardless. (though it's probably just as likely to be $20 Order of Ecclesia)

None of these horror game descriptions sound like Cursed Mountain :([/QUOTE]

Cursed Mountain's already $30 @ Bestbuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237703

I'm hoping the "Dracula" hint is Castlevania OoE though it would have to be less than $20 with all the recent DS games I've bought.

EDIT: I could see the "Zombie eat brains" being Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Despite not being the first to post it, Linkin deletes all other DOTD threads and keeps his own. Huh. Imagine that.[/QUOTE]

My favorite was when I stumbled upon a Target exclusive version of Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise that came with extra stuff, so I made a thread in the Xbox forum as a heads up to collector's that there was an unannounced 'special edition' of the game.

So he merged into the 12,000 post general Xbox thread. Because if you don't know there's a special edition of a game, people usually search 12,000 post topics just in case there is a special edition of a game you didn't know about.

Not sure why he doesn't merge all his "Gen. Discussion & Info" topics into the generic Xbox thread as well, I guess it's just an oversight.

4pm - Zombies eat brains = Left 4 Dead GOTY? Resident Evil 5?

Pretty vague clue, though it'd be interesting if it was Left 4 Dead GOTY, what with the recent price drop to $30 ($27.99 on Amazon).

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Cursed Mountain's already $30 @ Bestbuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237703

I'm hoping the "Dracula" hint is Castlevania OoE though it would have to be less than $20 with all the recent DS games I've bought.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I saw that earlier and it's pretty tempting. I just don't know the next time I can make it to the closest Best Buy so I was hoping Amazon could save me the trip. It's that cheap already for a reason, I suppose, so I probably have no worries about it being at BB when I'm ready to pick it up.

Well, for your sake I hope it's OoE too. I'd rather you have a mind-blowingly amazing game that you're actually going to enjoy than me have an awful fighter with Death Note characters in gaudy leather halloween costumes that's just going to get relegated to the Wii shelf after a couple of hours.

[quote name='dualedge2']4pm - Zombies eat brains = Left 4 Dead GOTY? Resident Evil 5?

Pretty vague clue, though it'd be interesting if it was Left 4 Dead GOTY, what with the recent price drop to $30 ($27.99 on Amazon).[/QUOTE]

RE5 doesn't have zombies anymore :lol:. I think it's L4D GOTY

6am and 7pm are both Ghostbusters quotes... Hmmm.
I was hoping for $35 or maybe even $30 for Wolfenstein, so I think I'll pass on that for now.

[quote name='Jswanko']4pm - Zombies eat brains

Sounds like Plants vs. Zombies to me.[/QUOTE]

This...

When you fail, it says "The Zombies Ate Your Brains!"

plants-vs-zombies-zombies-ate-your-brains-300x225.jpg

[quote name='earvcunanan']The last Gold Box deal will probably be the Slimer Edition for PS3/360. I'll definitely bite at $39.98.[/QUOTE]

they had it as a deal on friday for 49.99 for 360/ps3

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Not to mention broken single player too. I rented this and couldn't complete it because it froze on the loading screen to the last level. Tried 4 times, but no dice. No choice but to send it back uncompleted. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

The exact same happened to me, and judging by the mass of forum posts, many other people as well. There's a bug that affects those that replay any missions that prevents the game from loading.

The company line is they are working on a patch, but who knows if/when that will be completed. :bomb:

The Slimer statue is actually pretty cool once you see it in person, I'd recommend picking this up at this price. The game is all kinds of awesome as well.

If Ghostbusters Slimer Edition is $40 for 360 later, I'll probably bite with my last double ECA and $5 Uncharted 2 credit. 17 freakin' dollars shipped, too awesome. Even if it's $45 or $50 (again) that'd still be incredible.

[quote name='Cmosfm']The Slimer statue is actually pretty cool once you see it in person, I'd recommend picking this up at this price. The game is all kinds of awesome as well.[/QUOTE]

ya I got it off the lightning deal last friday, its pretty well made in comparison to other collector's edition stuff I've seen. The key chain's not too bad either.

Shipping broken games is an artifact off the patchable games era, IMHO. Developers can put out games that aren't ready for release, then depending on sales, they can decide to finish them. If a game tanks, they don't have to spend the money required to actually produce the finished product. Hooray for them!

I'm mulling the Wii Slimmer edition. It's selling fast, so can't think about it too long. I'm just not sure if I really need it. I wish it were a lower price on the regular edition.

[quote name='Skoad']If Ghostbusters Slimer Edition is $40 for 360 later, I'll probably bite with my last double ECA and $5 Uncharted 2 credit. 17 freakin' dollars shipped, too awesome. Even if it's $45 or $50 (again) that'd still be incredible.[/QUOTE]

How do you get a double ECA discount? I'll buy the Wii Slimmer edition if I can do that!

You need to have an old code from a few batches ago. If you have something pre-ordered from then, just cancel and it will apply then add a new batch code...Just got this and New Super Mario Bros Wii for $62ish

[quote name='crunchewy']I'll buy the Wii Slimmer edition if I can do that![/QUOTE]
It's actually pretty fat! *knee slap*

Alternately, phat for a double knee slap. It's a play on words!

9am - Dracula rises again = Castlevania Judgment
1pm - Pyramid Head welcomes you home = Silent Hill Homecoming
4pm - Zombies eat brains = ???
7pm - Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back. = Ghostbusters again?[/QUOTE]

i hope the 9am game is the new castlevaina game for the ds at 14.98 or under

4pm probally some Resident evil game or even plants vs zombies

7pm ghostbusters ds 19.98

[/QUOTE]

Never saw Ghostbusters?

I need that Castlevania to be OoE. It's been in my saved items for a year now and I'm shocked by how long it's held it's price above $20. This has to be the day it drops for me.

Please CAG gods, grant me this one wish...

bread's done
Back