Valkyria Chronicles $20 at GameStop NEW

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Still 40 online I wonder if it was still tagged from the gamer days sale[/QUOTE]

maybe online is slow to update, i was pretty shock to find it for 20 and even asked for a price check to make sure lol

Great game! Picked mine up at Walmart for $20...and haven't seen it in stock at any Walmart since then. Well worth the $20, if you can find it :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Still 40 online I wonder if it was still tagged from the gamer days sale[/QUOTE]

I do not shop at GS very often, but I bought one at one of the 'gamers day' sales and it was $30 new. That was 4/25/09.

[quote name='Chuplayer']$19.99 too expensive.[/QUOTE]

I certainly don't think it's worth full price ($59.99) but it is definitely worth $40 and especially $20.

That said, try Walmart first or wait for Gamestop's site to update. We all know Gamestop stores don't really sell "new" games. They'll take some disc from a drawer and slap it in a case for you and call it new, but for $20 you can probably do better. :roll:

[quote name='takotchi']I certainly don't think it's worth full price ($59.99) but it is definitely worth $40 and especially $20.

That said, try Walmart first or wait for Gamestop's site to update. We all know Gamestop stores don't really sell "new" games. They'll take some disc from a drawer and slap it in a case for you and call it new, but for $20 you can probably do better. :roll:[/QUOTE]

So if you buy a game from GS online it comes sealed??

[quote name='takotchi']I certainly don't think it's worth full price ($59.99) but it is definitely worth $40 and especially $20.

That said, try Walmart first or wait for Gamestop's site to update. We all know Gamestop stores don't really sell "new" games. They'll take some disc from a drawer and slap it in a case for you and call it new, but for $20 you can probably do better. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That second part is definitely true, at least with the display copies. I called almost all the Gamestops in my town within a 15 mile radius and their response was either "sold out", "oh yeah we have used copies for sale and you can save even more money when you trade some games in for it" or "yeah its the last copy so all we have is the display copy, but its still new and hasn't been played." I realize the game is old and hard to find, but it would be nice if the Gamestops around me still had brand new sealed copies. I'll just wait like another poster said until Gamestop.com updates their prices.

@ baraam and killerthrust: Very glad to hear that, but it is not uncommon for the last copies of a game at GS to be sold as new, even though they aren't sealed. They always gut at least one copy of every new copy; they have a case of every new game to keep on the floor for customers to see.

I picked this up about 6 months ago from Gamestop when it was 29.99 on sale. It was definitely worth the price then and that much more at $19.99. This game was underrated.

I lucked out, wandered into Gamestop today for Demon's Souls and I saw a copy of Valkyria Chronciles sitting there for $20, figured it had to be a store-exclusive killprice or something. Been waiting to get it for $30 or less ... so color me happy

[quote name='hellboypi']Picked up used for $17.99 before Edge.
My store had one new and one used copy this morning.
Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

np glad i could help :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Sweet thanks OP, gonna wait for the B2g1 and make it super cheap[/QUOTE]

u might wanna grab it first and do a return when the B2G1 free starts

Thanks for the heads-up, heading out to Gamestop now to look for this and some $1 Boston Market chicken:)

EDIT: Gamestop fucking sucks, only one gutted copy as usual. fuck that, i'll wait for Amazon to drop the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone who is on the fence, I just picked it up at $30 last week and it's completely worth it. It's a very fresh take on turn based strategy.

[quote name='HCHecxz']So damn tempting! Though I should keep off until after L4D2 and COD:MW2 hits.....So addicted to Borderlands right now.[/QUOTE]

yea i have borderlands coming in 2day from amazon, a huge backlog, and im still glued on Demons Souls. Its so ADDICTIVE

how long is this game? Because I am in my last year at school and I am taking 19 credits, so I won't have much time to play, but I am very interested in this game.

[quote name='Chuplayer']$19.99 too expensive.[/QUOTE]
$20 may be too expensive but this game IS worth it. Get to saving until you have the money then get a copy!

Thanks for the head up OP, I snagged the last copy at my Gamestop. A month ago I was on the edge of paying full price for this one, so I'm glad I waited. Been waiting for a price drop for awhile.

[/QUOTE]

If we're talking playability, it's actually probably worth twice that, as it's one of the best 2 or 3 games on the system without breaking a sweat.

Any PS3 owner who doesn't own this game is crazy.

[quote name='bvharris']If we're talking playability, it's actually probably worth twice that, as it's one of the best 2 or 3 games on the system without breaking a sweat.

Any PS3 owner who doesn't own this game is crazy.[/QUOTE]

No, for me, it's the lack of trophies, combined with some really dumb gameplay elements that mar the experience for me. One that sticks out in my mind is the enemies almost always ducking your gunfire. (Yes, really. Ducking gunfire... and it happens a lot.) Another one I can remember is your characters having the sight of a horse with blinders on, when enemies practically have eyes in the back of their heads. There's a lot of little, silly crap they stuck in the game that made it frustrating to play sometimes.

My biggest problem with it is the silly 'hurrays' they do after killing someone. Man, how hate that silly cheerleader type of crap. Ruined the whole experience for me. On the other hand, the strategy is pretty good and the graphics are interesting to boot. I think the price is well worth it if you like the game elements. I just couldn't get far because of what I mentioned. Crazy I know, but what can I say.

Good find for those inclined.

[quote name='SimaYi']EDIT: Gamestop fucking sucks, only one gutted copy as usual. fuck that, i'll wait for Amazon to drop the price.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just got back from 2 gamestop and it was the same thing with both only having one gutted. :bomb:

Gutted != New.

Keep in mind that just cuz you got it sealed doesn't mean it wasn't gutted either - Gamestop has a sealing machine in most stores for just that purpose.

Oooh, it says one is in stock near me...should I get it even tho I have no PS3?

[quote name='coren']Keep in mind that just cuz you got it sealed doesn't mean it wasn't gutted either - Gamestop has a sealing machine in most stores for just that purpose.

Oooh, it says one is in stock near me...should I get it even tho I have no PS3?[/QUOTE]

Right. If I remember correctly, PS3 games are factory sealed with folds at the bottom and top. If it's sealed with a melted seam, that means it was done by somebody else.

I wish Sony would go back to putting a hologram on the shrinkwrap. Hell, everybody should do that.

[quote name='coren']Keep in mind that just cuz you got it sealed doesn't mean it wasn't gutted either - Gamestop has a sealing machine in most stores for just that purpose.

Oooh, it says one is in stock near me...should I get it even tho I have no PS3?[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would you buy a game for a system you don't own?

I may have to check my two GS stores. I checked Wal-Mart when it dropped there, and no luck. I rented it and it is awesome, I was going to wait until Christmas, but for $20, I'd have to jump.

[quote name='SimaYi'] i'll wait for Amazon to drop the price.[/QUOTE]
It's been in and out of stock lately on Amazon, currently it's only available from other sellers.

[quote name='takotchi']No, for me, it's the lack of trophies, combined with some really dumb gameplay elements that mar the experience for me. One that sticks out in my mind is the enemies almost always ducking your gunfire. (Yes, really. Ducking gunfire... and it happens a lot.) Another one I can remember is your characters having the sight of a horse with blinders on, when enemies practically have eyes in the back of their heads. There's a lot of little, silly crap they stuck in the game that made it frustrating to play sometimes.[/QUOTE]

def an xbox owner

I got the last copy from Gamestop today near me and wouldn't you know that it's not sealed. Doesn't matter to me because I got it to play it but I am used to Gamestop not having sealed copies if it's the last one being pulled off the shelf.

[quote name='pixi']What's with skii doo? Where is there a flip?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sells it for $5 and GameCrazy trade in price is $15 and i want Prince of Persia for 15

[quote name='gomikeoh']So whats the instore used price, and new price? Is it 20 for new? Or 20 for used? I am a little confused.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from my second gamestop near me and they had one new and one used. New one was 19.99 and used one had sticker for 34.99 but it checked at register for 17.99.

bread's done
Back