Stubbs The Zombie (PC) -- $5 from Game Agent

maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Use the coupon code ASPYRTHANKS now for $15 off, good through November 30th.

Actual game costs $20 - $15 =$5

- Coupon code works on all titles

Defense Grid : The Awakening -- $5

Stubbs The Zombie -- $5

CPU: AMD or Intel 2 GHz | Memory: 512 MB RAM
NOTICE: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Stubbs the Zombie. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX compatibility.

NOTICE: ATI Video Cards Not supported.

Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5300, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5500, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5600, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5700, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5900, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5950, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6200, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6500, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8500, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600, NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1400

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is a great niche game built off the Halo engine.

Check out the soundtrack:

Stubbs the Zombie: The Soundtrack # Title Artist Length 1. "Lollipop" Ben Kweller 2:15 2. "My Boyfriend's Back" The Raveonettes 2:38 3. "Earth Angel" Death Cab for Cutie 3:16 4. "Shakin' All Over" Rose Hill Drive 2:52 5. "Strangers in the Night" Cake 2:51 6. "There Goes My Baby" The Walkmen 2:16 7. "Everyday" Rogue Wave 3:40 8. "All I Have to Do Is Dream" The Dandy Warhols 2:39 9. "Mr. Sandman" Oranger 3:02 10. "If I Only Had a Brain" The Flaming Lips 2:16 11. "Tears on My Pillow" Clem Snide 4:01 12. "Lonesome Town" Milton Mapes 3:07 13. "The Living Dead" Phantom Planet 3:26

[quote name='harrymcback']Followed link and I didn't see Stubs. Wish they had more Mac games.[/QUOTE]

You should try to quit being a lazy fuck and search for Stubbs in the search bar.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='shoe478']Thanks. The game is 1.9GB just so everyone knows.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I saw 'free' and immediately purchased it without reading through the entire thread. Had I known it was 2GB, I would've let it go overnight, as it's sucking up my meager bandwidth. Oh wells, L4D can wait till tomorrow. Thanks OP! :D

wow, I've actually been pretty curious about this game for a while and wanted to check it out. Thanks!

edit: wait it DOESN'T run on ATI cards?! That sucks, I was looking forward to this...

Cool, in for one. Not sure if I should put in my real billing address and stuff. Think I should use a fake one?

Huh it says on the page:

"This product does not support Windows 95/98/ME//NT/Vista or XP x64/Vista x64."

Eh so what does it support? Does that mean it won't work on any of those?

EDIT: OK I see it's for windows 2000/XP SP2...damn. hopefully I can get it to run anyway.

[quote name='surak']Cool, in for one. Not sure if I should put in my real billing address and stuff. Think I should use a fake one?[/QUOTE]

it seems like a pretty legit site, but you can use a fake address if you'd like, i mean it's a digital download, so it shouldn't matter.

[quote name='surak']Cool, in for one. Not sure if I should put in my real billing address and stuff. Think I should use a fake one?[/QUOTE]

The receipt the emailed me was sent from DigitalRiver, so I trust them. (Digital River is who provides the download for the student-discounted versions of MS Office and Windows)

http://www.digitalriver.com

[quote name='RockMySocks10']it seems like a pretty legit site, but you can use a fake address if you'd like, i mean it's a digital download, so it shouldn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you're right. I just made some stuff up and am downloading now. Hopefully I can get it to work with Vista, since that's what's running on the only machine I have with an nVidia card. :( It's funny, my wife has had the soundtrack for a while now but we've never played the game. Great tip OP!

thx op

damn vista64 and ati mobility radeon hd 3650 here :cry:

i also have mac version, but the game run so slow on intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz with geforce 8600m

[quote name='geohouse']thx op

damn vista64 and ati mobility radeon hd 3650 here :cry:

i also have mac version, but the game run so slow on intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz with geforce 8600m[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I don't see why you couldn't run it in compatibility mode....

[quote name='geohouse']Did anyone received email confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it says

Thank you for ordering from GameAgent™ on November 24, 2009. The following email
is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you
paid by credit card, please look for on your credit card billing statement.

Sincerely,
GameAgent™ Customer Service

YOUR BILLING INFORMATION:

Order Number: #########
Order Date: November 24, 2009

BILLING ADDRESS:
etc. No serial code so you might want to take that down from the order page.

[quote name='cstrife69']do u need a cc for this game?[/QUOTE]

Nope

Mine has the serial in the email

YOUR ORDER:

Product SKU: 11001
Product Name: Stubbs the Zombie™ (PC)
Quantity: 1
Amount: $9.99
Digital Rights: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX_XXXX

One of my all time favorite xbox games as well. Incredible atmosphere especially for a 1950s junkie like myself.

One question though, does this version have SecuROM? Thanks guys!

I've had the soundtrack for this game on my iPod forever, but I've never had a chance to play the game before. Since I can afford free, it's time to correct that. :)

[quote name='necrojustice']Nope

Mine has the serial in the email

YOUR ORDER:

Product SKU: 11001
Product Name: Stubbs the Zombie™ (PC)
Quantity: 1
Amount: $9.99
Digital Rights: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX_XXXX[/QUOTE]

Even if it doesn't show up in the e-mail, their FAQ says you should be able to pull it up again from your order history on the site.

[quote name='geohouse']Can anyone confirmed that this game work with ATI card[/QUOTE]

NOTICE: ATI Video Cards Not supported.

Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5300, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5500, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5600, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5700, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5900, NVIDIA GEFORCE 5950, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6200, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6500, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600, NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8500, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800, NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600, NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1400

I don't think they could have made it any clearer. :wall:

ah, so that coupon is $15 off anything, and stubbs happens to be free
never heard of gameagent, must be aspyr's digital download service
too bad they don't have a wider selection, nothing stands out to buy at $5 I don't have already

It says "not supported", not "the game will not run". Retail versions of the game do mention supporting ATI cards so who knows what's up. It just means if you have an ATI card you can't email them for support. It's worth a shot for free, as long as you're not paying for bandwidth.

[quote name='Justin42']It says "not supported", not "the game will not run". Retail versions of the game do mention supporting ATI cards so who knows what's up. It just means if you have an ATI card you can't email them for support. It's worth a shot for free, as long as you're not paying for bandwidth.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. From my experience "not supported" has usually meant "good luck trying, kid," so I see that and assume it won't work at all.

bread's done
Back