LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
It's coming. Nobody knows what were going to do after, but for now we can get look forward to the next few months.

keep in mind these two things when reading the thread. if you are posting about any future episdoes, whether its in promos or spoilers from a website, please use spoiler tags. after the episode has aired its all fair game and dont be concerned about using spoiler tags.

lostlastsupper1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIFL104E9Ts&feature=player_embedded

or for those with more time...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']LOST Seasons 1-5 now avaialble on Hulu for anyone that's interested in catching up before S6 starts up:

http://www.hulu.com/lost[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
well two bits of good news. looks like obama will not interrupt the lost premier. also, my dvr schedule shows a lost special set to record tonight. a 30 minute "catch up" special. might be good to watch.

Haha, I bet Obama didn't realize LOST premiered that night. I can hear him when he found out. "Oh shit! LOST is on that night? Uh...tell them I'm busy!" :)

9PM.

I'm requesting spoiler tags be used for at least a day or two after the episode airs. I can't be the only one who watches new episodes a day or so later on the DVR so I can skip commercials.

If anyone's missing them, seasons 1-4 will be on sale for $16.99 tomorrow at Target and S5 will be $19.99 at Best Buy. Sale prices apply to DVD format only.

Can't wait.

[quote name='JJSP']9PM.

I'm requesting spoiler tags be used for at least a day or two after the episode airs. I can't be the only one who watches new episodes a day or so later on the DVR so I can skip commercials.

If anyone's missing them, seasons 1-4 will be on sale for $16.99 tomorrow at Target and S5 will be $19.99 at Best Buy. Sale prices apply to DVD format only.

Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Why would you come into the thread if you haven't watched the episode yet?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Why would you come into the thread if you haven't watched the episode yet?[/QUOTE]

exactly. this is something that was decided a couple seasons ago in other lost threads.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Why would you come into the thread if you haven't watched the episode yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's always baffled me. Especially when people complain a day or two after the airing about spoilers. I get it if someone post spoilers before it's aired on the West Coast etc., but by the next day it should be fair game as it's aired everywhere and those who DVR and watch later (which I often do) should have the common sense to stay out of the thread until they watch the episode.

I mean some shows like Dexter I wait to netflix the DVDs/Blu Rays--I just don't bother with message board discussion threads of them. Common sense.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Amazon has pricematched the Target deal on seasons 1-3 DVDs for $16.99. Season 4 is still $30.99.[/QUOTE]

frys has the blu rays, season 1-5 for $35 each and the dvds seasons 1-5 for $20 each. deal is b&m only. i picked up 1 & 2 to round out the series on blu ray, already had the later 3 and were going to watch season 5 to re catch up

I've been watching some old episodes to jazz myself for next week.

So far I've been through Pilot, Exodus, Three Minutes, and Live Together, Die Alone.

Still to watch before next Tuesday: Greatest Hits, Through the Looking Glass, beginning of the end, No Place Like Home, The Incident enhanced.

The 6th and final season of LOST will be released on Blu-ray/DVD on August 24th. Also on that day, "LOST: The Complete Collection" will be released on Blu-ray/DVD. DVD will cost $229.99, Blu-ray will cost $279.99. I'll be getting it on Blu-ray.

Does ABC typically post episodes on their website for streaming the day after they air? I don't have TV, and I don't see anything on Hulu about the premiere going up there next week.

I'm still in the process of watching them all again, currently at the end of Season 4.

well obviously you can wait for it then.

ill dvr it and wait until about 930 to start it so we can skip the commercials.

theres going to be an hour long recap before the premiere, but if youve seen all 5 seasons the 8 min catch up video in the OP is pretty good and amusing.

LOL. I suppose.

Want to watch it with my girlfriend, so will have to wait till Thursday or Friday night because of work conflicts.

Does anyone know if the start watching a recording while it tapes the rest option is in the Comcast DVR? I've not yet tried it and the instructions that came with it didn't mention it. It probably does, but I'd hate to try it and end a recording. I used to do that a lot when I used to have a Tivo years back with DirectTV.

That would make it more feasible to watch it Tuesday night. Waiting till 11 to start it is too late. Wednesday doesn't work as I teach a late class and don't get home usually until sometime between 10:30 and 11pm.

we have comcast. yes you can start watching the show while its still recording and it wont be effected. its what we do every week for lost.

^Good to see "Lost Untangled" is still as annoying and embaressing to watch as it was when they used to air it during "Life on Mars".

ps, as a reminder after a show airs everything is fair game to talk about regarding that show, and spoiler tags won't be used (unless its in regards to a future episode). so dont ruin it for yourself!

I watched the recap episode from last week. I thought it was well done to bring me back up to speed than other recap episodes, but that might just be me being hyped up that this will be the last season. I wanted to go back and rewatch all the past seasons, but I never rewatch LOST episodes because I feel the suspense isn't there anymore... guess I'll wait after this season to rewatch 'em cause I feel like I'm forgetting some cool information that might be relative to this season to past seasons.

Just to clarify for those who may have been confused (like me!):

Lost: Final Chapter airs tonight at 8pm EST...

ABC once again invites new and avid Lost viewers to take another look at one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows. "Lost: Final Chapter" will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date — but which current viewers will also find illuminating — in anticipation of the two-hour final season premiere. The special will take a look at the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, the mysteries of the island, its inhabitants, the Oceanic 6, the violent shifts through time on the island and the detonation of the hydrogen bomb. It will also delve into some of the questions that have been answered, and those that still remain a mystery. "Lost: Final Chapter" airs TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 (8:00–9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

...and then the 2-hour long LA X episode airs at 9pm EST.

2 hours? Bonus! I'm going to be dog tired when I get home from work. I hope I can stay awake. Shit, new episodes are exciting enough, so that might not be a problem.

EDIT: Oh shit! I re-read the above and didn't realize it was on TONIGHT. If not for your post, I would have missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the season finale of last season last night to be prepared for tonight. I remembered it pretty accurately so I think I am prepared. I will do my best to avoid the recap.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I always tell myself that I won't watch ANOTHER recap show, but I always get sucked in by them.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I watched one of these. I just got them all on Blu-Ray in that Amazon deal of a lifetime. But that was not very long ago and didn't leave enough time to rewatch the whole series. I might rewatch them all leading up to the last set coming out in August.

bread's done
Back