- - - - -

Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

#1801 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Thing is, if you noticed, I said IF I had them. I wish I had a bunch of those. But they dropped at BB right around the time the stores I used to have NO problems getting them for .01 each started really cracking down. So I walked out empty handed multiple times from those stores.

EDIT: Wow. I just got done doing the math and going back over both of my guide lists. I can send in 32 guides and get $202.99 total. Not bad.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 01 June 2010 - 01:36 AM.

#1802 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

EDIT: Wow. I just got done doing the math and going back over both of my guide lists. I can send in 30 guides and get $194.37 total. Not bad.

Meh. 23 for $80.xx... I guess that's not so bad for 23 cents, but it's nowhere close to you...

#1803 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

Meh. 23 for $80.xx... I guess that's not so bad for 23 cents, but it's nowhere close to you...

That's cuz I'm clearing out alot of higher value stuff with the $1.90 dreck too though.:cry:

Here's my list thus far:

Aliens Vs. Predator-$3.92
Bioshock(360 and PS3/360 versions)-$2.68 for 360, $3.70 for PS3
Brutal Legend-$4.65 each x2-9.30
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare-$5.55
Dissidia Final Fantasy-$3.75
Far Cry 2-$2.10
Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions-$11.71 each x3-35.13
God Of War 2-$4.70
Lost Odyssey-$14.15
Mass Effect Collector's Edition-$14.39-selling the artbook alone
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2-$1.95 each-$3.90
Red Dead Revolver-$11.99
Rogue Galaxy-$8.95
Silent Hill Homecoming-$3.08
Super Mario Galaxy Hardcover-$7.77 each x3-23.31
Tales Of Legendia-$2.78
Tekken 6-$1.85 each x3-$5.55
Uncharted-$14.99
Wild Arms 4-$1.91 each x2-$3.82
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010-$3.15
Xenosaga III-$11.05 x2-22.10

And yes, I know some of these would be better sold on Ebay, but I don't have the patience for it. I'm also considering plopping 3 copies of the Zelda: Phantom Hourglass guide into the massive box I intend on sending these all in since they get $5.20 a pop.

#1804 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

Thing is, I'm probably going to submit these in a couple of minutes, since I want to truly lock in the prices before they might drop.

#1805 n00bie   Grazing for cheap games CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

Delivery Confirmation.

eBay it, you are covered no matter what they say.

Wrong.

All that proves is they got it. If they say to eBay it's torn or wrinkled or smells bad or isn't shiny enough, etc...

They will always get a refund. They will have to send the guide back to you, but eBay will refund them as soon as it shows delivered. Meaning they could put a coloring book in a box, ship it, and as soon as the UPS guy drops it off, they get their dough back.

#1806 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

actually whatever lame stories are being fed to you guys about ebay and amazon is wrong. ive got well established perfect rating stores on both amazon and ebay. never had a single person in years try and claim anything fraud etc..the systems are just as fair to sellers as they are buyers. perfect example being i just recently few weeks ago bought some sealed ff6 games off amazon and they were bootlegs. amazon said i had to mail them at my expense the fake games and the only reason i got my money back is cause i video taped the package being opened and showing proof of everything.

#1807 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

gauu is my ebay name same as gametz and here. amazon is under my email which is my email for here sabijnus@yahoo.com. reason why i video taped the opening of the package is cause it was a new user on amazon and when i asked them why amazon listed them as from ohio but my package was coming from arkansas his answer was oh thats our packing plant. basically with amazon sellers are protected just as much as buyers. with ebay you can put listing restrictions to block bad users,users with negative feedbacks or non paying,..etc..

#1808 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

thanks man. i started doing the ebay/amazon stuff to help increase my own personal rpg collection. back on track to guides. i stopped in my local gamestop on friday and noticed that half the guides were 50% off. anyone able to confirm is this how they are treating pennied guides now???

#1809 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12512 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:35 AM

We are OT here, but here is a basic thread to avoid fraud on ebay/amazon. Really the only reason it is still alive is to keep track of repeat offenders. We do not track non paying bidders...only those who have multiple claims.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189537

#1810 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12512 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:37 AM

thanks man. i started doing the ebay/amazon stuff to help increase my own personal rpg collection. back on track to guides. i stopped in my local gamestop on friday and noticed that half the guides were 50% off. anyone able to confirm is this how they are treating pennied guides now???

Sorry to double post...GS usually drops guides to 50% and then will penny them at a later date. They are usually too lazy to update the tags.

#1811 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

ahh anyone able to confirm anything on the kingdom hearts 358 guide then?? it was marked down to 9.99.

#1812 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:17 AM

Guys, can we cut the talk of all the guide flipping in here and move it to the discussion thread? We don't really need any more reason to encourage lurkers to jump on guide drops.

#1813 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:21 AM

Guys, can we cut the talk of all the guide flipping in here and move it to the discussion thread? We don't really need any more reason to encourage lurkers to jump on guide drops.

:razz: Quit stealing my usual line. Although I gave up a while ago on the off topic chit chat in here.

#1814 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:22 AM

:razz: Quit stealing my usual line. Although I gave up a while ago on the off topic chit chat in here.

It's not really that the OT discussion annoys me or anything, it's mainly the fact that once lurkers realize they can make a quick dollar on these things they'll be more inclined to snap them up when they drop. It is really better for all of us if we keep guide flipping discussion on the DL. Most people think these things are worthless.

#1815 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

we gotta keep this topic bumped somehow though =P sadly the days of pennied guides almost every other week are gone. heck were lucky if it happens even once a few months now.

#1816 judgedee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

judgedee

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:32 AM

It's not really that the OT discussion annoys me or anything, it's mainly the fact that once lurkers realize they can make a quick dollar on these things they'll be more inclined to snap them up when they drop. It is really better for all of us if we keep guide flipping discussion on the DL. Most people think these things are worthless.

I am pretty sure people already hoard these no matter what. It doesn't make a difference to the rest of us whether people sell them or keep them in their closet.

#1817 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19145 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:42 AM

we gotta keep this topic bumped somehow though =P sadly the days of pennied guides almost every other week are gone. heck were lucky if it happens even once a few months now.

Why? There's no point if there's no drop.

#1818 Viper45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:49 AM

I apologize for the "off topic" post, but this warning would likely go unheard if posted in the discussion thread. Before anyone gets too giddy over the Amazon trade-in program, check out this little tidbit I found in their terms and conditions:

Items that are materially damaged or that do not match the items on the trade-in list are not eligible for return to you, and may be disposed of by the merchant and may not be returned to you.

This means if your book is not in absolutely perfect condition, i.e. if it is "materially damaged" in any way, they don't have to pay you for it or return it to you. With this agreement, they can legally keep your book if it's damaged in any way, and then resell it anyway. It's basically a license to steal.

#1819 judgedee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

judgedee

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

I apologize for the "off topic" post, but this warning would likely go unheard if posted in the discussion thread. Before anyone gets too giddy over the Amazon trade-in program, check out this little tidbit I found in their terms and conditions:

This means if your book is not in absolutely perfect condition, i.e. if it is "materially damaged" in any way, they don't have to pay you for it or return it to you. With this agreement, they can legally keep your book if it's damaged in any way, and then resell it anyway. It's basically a license to steal.

WTF are you talking about? I think you need to look up what the term material means. Material damage does not mean a bent corner or something. Material damage they're referring to is probably stuff like ripper covers, missing pages, ripped out pages stuff like that. I doubt Amazon wants to scam you over a $1 strategy guide. Be less paranoid please

#1820 darkslime   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2067 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Wrong.

All that proves is they got it. If they say to eBay it's torn or wrinkled or smells bad or isn't shiny enough, etc...

They will always get a refund. They will have to send the guide back to you, but eBay will refund them as soon as it shows delivered. Meaning they could put a coloring book in a box, ship it, and as soon as the UPS guy drops it off, they get their dough back.

True, but there is such a low chance that the buyer will complain at all its completely worth it. Stop being so paranoid and sell on eBay / Amazon IATCG, its completely worth it and you will make a lot more money.

#1821 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

I was seriously wondering how you guys were ending up with 100$+ trade-ins on <50 guides... since the vast majority of penny guides aren't even in their trade-in system... but then I realized that your trading in a quite a few of the much better guides. Interested in seeing if they add new stuff or just keep it up-to-date by adding new and rare.... and removing newer releases as they pass through time.

#1822 Viper45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

WTF are you talking about? I think you need to look up what the term material means. Material damage does not mean a bent corner or something. Material damage they're referring to is probably stuff like ripper covers, missing pages, ripped out pages stuff like that. I doubt Amazon wants to scam you over a $1 strategy guide. Be less paranoid please

Instead of acting like a douchebag about it, you could try explaining how I misunderstood it. I was just trying to help.

#1823 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

I was seriously wondering how you guys were ending up with 100$+ trade-ins on <50 guides... since the vast majority of penny guides aren't even in their trade-in system... but then I realized that your trading in a quite a few of the much better guides. Interested in seeing if they add new stuff or just keep it up-to-date by adding new and rare.... and removing newer releases as they pass through time.

INFINITE UNDISCOVERY - 2 $6.14 aka $3.07 a piece
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $4.94
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 2 $11.10 aka $5.55 a piece
FINAL FANTASY IV - 3 $16.98 aka $5.66
Resistance: Fall of Man - $3.55
Eternal Sonata - $15.05
World of Warcraft Master Guide, Second Edition - $2.00
Silent Hill: Homecoming - $2.67
BioShock PS3 - 3 $11.10 aka $3.70 a piece
Fallout 3 - $2.20
Art of Mass Effect, The - $14.00
Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition - $19.35

All that came sealed are still sealed, and that's $109 bucks worth that I'll be sending in later this week.

#1824 Wolve11   yea whatever CAGiversary!   4261 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

You are trading your DA CE guide?!? I'm sure someone here would trade you a nice set of guides for it.

#1825 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, I also wonder if small tears and/or stickers/residue would count against it. Also, I don't know why, but some of my guides don't have the same ISBN as Amazon lists (for example, Orange Box). Wonder if I should email them first.

#1826 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

Up until I read the part about water damage I was going to send them a second Red Dead Revolver guide that I have, but that has a clear water stain on the back cover on the inside.:cry:

#1827 jscme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

INFINITE UNDISCOVERY - 2 $6.14 aka $3.07 a piece
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $4.94
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 2 $11.10 aka $5.55 a piece
FINAL FANTASY IV - 3 $16.98 aka $5.66
Resistance: Fall of Man - $3.55
Eternal Sonata - $15.05
World of Warcraft Master Guide, Second Edition - $2.00
Silent Hill: Homecoming - $2.67
BioShock PS3 - 3 $11.10 aka $3.70 a piece
Fallout 3 - $2.20
Art of Mass Effect, The - $14.00
Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition - $19.35

All that came sealed are still sealed, and that's $109 bucks worth that I'll be sending in later this week.

If you haven't already sent this in, you may want to take another look at Legend of Zelda: TP. Looks like it is trading for $10 a piece right now.

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

#1828 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

You are trading your DA CE guide?!? I'm sure someone here would trade you a nice set of guides for it.

This.

I traded a DA CE guide (when it first pennied at GS) for a Borderlands, Batman: AA and CoD: WaW guide. I only made that trade because I thought the DA CE guide would penny at BB soon after. The list price for the guide on Amazon MP/Ebay was $45-50 at the time.

#1829 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

If you haven't already sent this in, you may want to take another look at Legend of Zelda: TP. Looks like it is trading for $10 a piece right now.

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

There are multiple versions of the Zelda: TP guide though, just like there are multiples of The Godfather and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, with the latter of the three having about 3-5 or more versions.

There were at least THREE incarnations of the Z:TP guide that I know of: Gamecube, a hardcover edition and a Wii version of the guide.

So perhaps they locked in the appropriate one for the guide they have in their collection. I just wish that the CAG who said they would grab some of the ones that were heading to Amazon would hurry up and tell me yes or no already so I can lock in some of these values otherwise.:bomb:

#1830 GuardianE   S-Rank CAGiversary!   4479 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

There are multiple versions of the Zelda: TP guide though, just like there are multiples of The Godfather and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, with the latter of the three having about 3-5 or more versions.

There were at least THREE incarnations of the Z:TP guide that I know of: Gamecube, a hardcover edition and a Wii version of the guide.

Yeah, there's also 2 Nintendo Power versions, I believe (1 for GC and 1 for Wii?)