Best Online Customer Service 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please post your votes for Best Online Customer Service.
What online retailer served you the best in 2009?

Last year's winner:
Best Online Customer Service: Amazon.com

It's officially a dynasty for Amazon, who, for the last three years, has won the Best Online Retailer and Best Online Customer Service awards and has made it two in a row for Best Online Deal. Amazon's Best Online Retailer win is the biggest landslide in this year's Cheapy Awards, taking 83% of the vote. In response to their impressive victories, the Amazon Video Game Team has provided this statement:

"It’s an honor and a privilege to win the Cheapy Awards for Best Online Game Retailer, Best Online Customer Service and Best Online Deal. We’ve spent the last few years really focusing on creating a high-quality customer experience on Amazon.com for gamers and we’re thrilled to be honored by the community for our efforts. In the last year we launched the Release Date Delivery program (get the game the day it comes out), expanded the Amazon Gold Box to have game-themed days, and really focused our efforts on ensuring amazing deals for the Video Game Deal of the Day program. We’ve got more exciting things planned for 2009, but above all we will remain laser-focused on providing great deals for all gamers! Cheers."

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon. I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service and my wallet hates me for it.

...The only criticism I have of them is that their Text Alert System has never worked right.

Amazon.com. Best deal was I bought the first "Uncharted" for $26.99 and they offered a $20 PSN credit with it. It turns out, the deal was only for PSN items available on Amazon's website. I simply e-mailed and asked if I could use it on other PSN items and, without asking, they refunded the full $20 to my order.

Amazon without a doubt. Their customer service has always been impeccable, be it through email or phone. I've had one case of a missing video game (promptly replaced at no additional charge) in the past year, but every time I had to call/email them, my issue was always settled satisfactory.

GoHastings for me, their customer service always rule in the customer's favor and never back talk or make excuses when theres a problem that needs resolving.

Amazon. I had to return something that I used a $10 game promo credit on. Their policy is to not give back promo credit, but I asked if there was still a possibility of getting it credited back to me anyway. Amazingly, they gave it back to me on a one-time basis. I also appreciated the non-condescending and thoughtful reply explaining their usual policy and the one-time credit-back.

It's not really about that $10 credit's monetary value, but that they were nice enough to appreciate me as a longtime customer who spends a lot on their site almost exclusively.

[quote name='callmesteam']Amazon. We should rename this category 'Second Best Online Customer Service' and retire Amazons number.[/QUOTE]

So true haha.

Definitely Amazon. Newegg has also been very good to me.

Amazon. They corrected all of the video game Lightning/Goldbox deals that had issues stacking w/ my video game credits on nearly 15+ titles this past year. I would expect nothing less though. =]

bread's done
Back