Worst Online Game Retailer 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Please post your nominations for Worst Online Retailer.
This award goes to the Online Retailer that, in your opinion, sucked the most in 2008.

Last year's winner
Worst Online Game Retailer: EB Games.com / GameStop.com

It's also three years in a row for GameStop, who have been monopolizing the Worst Online Game Retailer and Worst B&M Game Retailer "awards". Hopefully the rumors that online used game listings will soon state if case and manuals are included, turn out to be true. Given that the company is doing so well financially, I doubt we will see many other changes that would impress CAGs. Here's hoping that GameStop can get back on the CAGs good side, sooner rather than later.

Of the ones I bought from this year, Rosenqueen. I hate to say this, since I collect Atlus and NIS games, but when it takes 3 months after release to receive to my pre-order when I keep walking pass it in stores is unacceptable.

I haven't had an issue with any online company this last year, but then, I only ordered from Amazon and Newegg (I think).

I'll go with Rosenqueen though. That thread has a ton of people with delayed games and whatnot.

ToysRUs for no true online deals and outrageous shipping.

GS is now at least guaranteeing the manual and case, and games are below msrp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us. They're incredibly slow, charge shipping for EVERY item, no free shipping if you spend a certain amount. They also had a pre-order for The Conduit up almost a week after it was released.

I only do business with a couple of online retailers. (Newegg, Amazon, Dell, Ebay and Rosenqueen)

Sadly, Rosenqueen was the worst for me this year because they cancelled the Badman UMD. That's really the only unpleasant experience I've had with an online retailer in 2009.

Add me for BuyNextGen, while I didn't experience some of the horror stories that I've seen some other CAGs talk about, it did take them over a week and a half to finally ship my game after release which only happened after I sent an e-mail asking them why I hadn't received any tracking info for my game after that amount of time. I did get my game in the end and I only had to send one e-mail but for the amount of money I saved I'm not sure it was really worth the hassle.

Rosenqueen, hands down. Their Thanksgiving sale cock-up was an epic combination of poor communication (or really, a complete lack of it) and horrendous customer service.

GameQuestDirect. They double charged an order but repeatedly insisted they hadn't. Eventually my card company had to resolve it. That, and they sell canadian versions of many games, which is odd.

Rosenqueen
Rosenqueen is pretty bad for the way it screwed over some fans last year. With slow shipping and missing advertised bonus items, RQ disappointed some of its most die hard fans.

Buy.com! Ordered 1 game from them this year and probably will never order from them again. Crappy customer service and very very slow shipping.

gamestop...both online orders I placed from them for used games that were supposed to be hand picked had stickers on them saying they were broken or something to that effect. Also, ordered lego rock band with free ac/dc pack and they shipped out lego rock band and just canceled the free part of the order without even telling me.

bread's done
Back