- - - - -

League of Legends anyone?

#4201 kaiyouske   Madman CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

So does anyone want to take ranked games seriously and play? I'm looking for a decent team of 5 that's serious about team work and actually playing to improve team work, skill and ranking. If you're seriously give me a message and add me: kaiyouske

Solo queue is so broken now I don't even want to bother dealing with it.

#4202 ID2006   "Klaymen, up here!" CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Anyone got some advice?

I've been trying to get into this game, but the randomness of it is getting very offputting.

I'm level 12, and have been choosing PvP Blind Pick, but it just seems so random and hopeless. I guess there are a lot of seasoned players using smurf accounts, so I either get them on my team or against me and that pretty much predetermines the outcome.

How did you guys survive to 30, or does it not get better even at ranked?

#4203 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

any thoughts on how to carry out of bronze V? I'm legitimately better than these scrubs I get paired with. I mean, I'll root the ADC with Morg, and he's sitting there saying KILL ME PLEASE and my Vayne will derp there, just hitting minions. Not even last hitting. After the 3 seconds, or eternity, wears off the enemy ADC just runs away.

The problem I'm having is that i'm -always- last pick. Not exaggeration, always. Even when I was up for promotion from bronze V. The first two picks are always assholes, "I only play top but you need to play all 5 roles." By the time it gets to me, I have no real choice but to play support (which I don't mind) or just totally screw the team composition over.

I'm thinking I'll just have better luck playing "support" and just going all out kill lane. Truth be told, my Morg would make better use of kills than some of these ADCs I've gotten lately. lol

We did get stomped by an Akali support yesterday. I might try her in that role and just try to carry that way. It seems like in bronze Akali's shroud is a global taunt that draws people in.

#4204 Hostile   Dark Evangel CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Anyone got some advice?

I've been trying to get into this game, but the randomness of it is getting very offputting.

I'm level 12, and have been choosing PvP Blind Pick, but it just seems so random and hopeless. I guess there are a lot of seasoned players using smurf accounts, so I either get them on my team or against me and that pretty much predetermines the outcome.

How did you guys survive to 30, or does it not get better even at ranked?

You'll need to extrapolate on what you deem random and hopeless. I would recommended going on Twitch and watching pro players play just to get an understanding of what you need to do though.

any thoughts on how to carry out of bronze V? I'm legitimately better than these scrubs I get paired with. I mean, I'll root the ADC with Morg, and he's sitting there saying KILL ME PLEASE and my Vayne will derp there, just hitting minions. Not even last hitting. After the 3 seconds, or eternity, wears off the enemy ADC just runs away.

The problem I'm having is that i'm -always- last pick. Not exaggeration, always. Even when I was up for promotion from bronze V. The first two picks are always assholes, "I only play top but you need to play all 5 roles." By the time it gets to me, I have no real choice but to play support (which I don't mind) or just totally screw the team composition over.

I'm thinking I'll just have better luck playing "support" and just going all out kill lane. Truth be told, my Morg would make better use of kills than some of these ADCs I've gotten lately. lol

We did get stomped by an Akali support yesterday. I might try her in that role and just try to carry that way. It seems like in bronze Akali's shroud is a global taunt that draws people in.

Look into Taric for an easier time. You can also not play support and just go kill lane bot if you don't feel like being an actual support.

#4205 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Calm, clear communication about what needs done promotes better teamwork which wins games.

#4206 ID2006   "Klaymen, up here!" CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

You'll need to extrapolate on what you deem random and hopeless. I would recommended going on Twitch and watching pro players play just to get an understanding of what you need to do though.

Well, it's a few things:

1. Almost nobody is communicating, even when I try to get them to. Usually someone starts talking when everyone is dying, but only to complain and blame everyone but himself. I'm afraid to touch the Jungler role because people don't understand what a leash is.

2. Almost nobody is thinking about team composition. They just immediately pick a character and maybe attempt to claim a lane or jungle. I had a game yesterday with 3 junglers. Two people left and it ended up being 3v5. As the carry, I got my pound of flesh before the super minions overwhelmed up, though. :)

3. Like I mentioned, it seems like smurf accounts are upsetting the balance, since we're getting experienced players who group up and slaughter the already poorly communicating team. It's not every match, of course, but it isn't exactly rare and is very noticeable.

4. Oh, and number four: no one is placing wards. They seem kind of important, but no one wants to buy them when I play the carry. If I'm support, I grab two or three at the beginning and work on a sightstone, but when I play a carry, I won't see a single ward the entire game unless I buy them myself.

Don't get me wrong, though. I like this game. It can be quite fun; it's just a very inconsistent experience.

As for watching Twitch, I've actually been doing that, sort of. I've been listening to/watching the IEM tournament all week.

#4207 Hostile   Dark Evangel CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Well, it's a few things:

1. Almost nobody is communicating, even when I try to get them to. Usually someone starts talking when everyone is dying, but only to complain and blame everyone but himself. I'm afraid to touch the Jungler role because people don't understand what a leash is.

2. Almost nobody is thinking about team composition. They just immediately pick a character and maybe attempt to claim a lane or jungle. I had a game yesterday with 3 junglers. Two people left and it ended up being 3v5. As the carry, I got my pound of flesh before the super minions overwhelmed up, though. :)

3. Like I mentioned, it seems like smurf accounts are upsetting the balance, since we're getting experienced players who group up and slaughter the already poorly communicating team. It's not every match, of course, but it isn't exactly rare and is very noticeable.

4. Oh, and number four: no one is placing wards. They seem kind of important, but no one wants to buy them when I play the carry. If I'm support, I grab two or three at the beginning and work on a sightstone, but when I play a carry, I won't see a single ward the entire game unless I buy them myself.

Don't get me wrong, though. I like this game. It can be quite fun; it's just a very inconsistent experience.

As for watching Twitch, I've actually been doing that, sort of. I've been listening to/watching the IEM tournament all week.

1. Okay you'll get that problem even at higher levels but it'll get better. The best you can do is keep trying to communicate and hope your teammates finally pay attention. Most of the time they won't. I can only say so many times "hey I shouldn't be the only one buying wards it's only 75g for one" as a mid, top and ADC! :cry: Use the report button as much as you can for offenders and hope you'll never play with them again.

As for jungling you can do it in earlier lvls but really most people should just wait until lv20 where you can buy tier 3 runes. Have a copy-paste ready on how to leash so people can understand earlier on as well.

2. Again it gets better but it still happens. Someone will call something and then they'll argue about it. Luckily for me I'm okay with filling a role. Again report liberally. ;)

3. Yes I got that feeling a lot as you can see a few pages back. Then you'll learn a lot more about the game then you thought could be learned and it'll only be the matchmaking that pisses you off :D

4. againitgetsbetterimsosorrythisisbeingrepeatedf***thisgamewryyyy

Yes, Twitch! You really don't learn much from tournament play until you know more about the game though. It's better to listen to pro-players dissect a champ and why they do what they do.

#4208 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

At level 12, just play whatever you want. I remember when I was that low level, I would lane with Waughoo. We'd be Nasus and Katarina which is a horrible lane composition by the meta standards. It's a frustrating grind until level 20 (that's when you can get Tier 3 runes), so just try to have fun.

#4209 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13616 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

just pick veigar and tell everyone to Fuck themselves and then carry the game

#4210 kaiyouske   Madman CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Oh well I guess I'm going to take a break from this game for now. I'm constantly matched up with 4 other players that don't know the very basics of this game so I'm pretty much always playing a 9 vs 1 game. So yeah I think I've had enough. Until Riot can fix this bullshit I'm pretty much done with this game.

#4211 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Had a funny game today. Played my usual co-op for win of the day. Someone picked Teemo and I like support a ranged champ as Volibear, so I picked him and said we'd lane together. Game starts, our WW goes top, I go bot, then our Garen decides to go bot. I tell him to go top so Teemo and I can lane together. He says "Why it's just bots?" We go back and forth, then Warwick is nice and goes bot. Later Garen is at the enemy's blue and WW asks for it, he basically steals it (even though Garen doesn't need it). He gets mad and just jungles. I noticed this so I go to red while he's at it and take it. He rage quits. Reconnects later, tells us to report Warwick, and jungles. He even teleports mid to try to steal our blue Warwick is at (he fails).

I love how if you want to do something, people tell you "It's just bots." But turn it around on them and they get butt hurt.

#4212 Hostile   Dark Evangel CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Had a funny game today. Played my usual co-op for win of the day. Someone picked Teemo and I like support a ranged champ as Volibear, so I picked him and said we'd lane together. Game starts, our WW goes top, I go bot, then our Garen decides to go bot. I tell him to go top so Teemo and I can lane together. He says "Why it's just bots?" We go back and forth, then Warwick is nice and goes bot. Later Garen is at the enemy's blue and WW asks for it, he basically steals it (even though Garen doesn't need it). He gets mad and just jungles. I noticed this so I go to red while he's at it and take it. He rage quits. Reconnects later, tells us to report Warwick, and jungles. He even teleports mid to try to steal our blue Warwick is at (he fails).

I love how if you want to do something, people tell you "It's just bots." But turn it around on them and they get butt hurt.

I wish I could troll the douches in this game more. I usually refrain because I hate losing. I had a game where I (Ziggs) pinged for help at enemy blue and our ADC (Twitch) proceeds to steal it from me. I didn't make a deal of it because I could wait for ours but some time passes and he does it again on our blue this time when I'm also there. I ask him to not take my blues next time but he doesn't reply. Our top then says "I don't see your name on it" and I think he's probably a friend of Twitch which annoys me even more. We end up walking to enemy red and I proceed to steal that from our ADC. He immediately says "AFK" and stops playing. Luckily we destroyed every lane beforehand and after a couple of tries we were able to finish out the game. Note that me and Twitch didn't have a huge difference in our kills and I had less deaths than him (more assists also) so it's not like he was saving the enemy team from taking blues off me.

#4213 tcrash247   ghosts.nin.com CAGiversary!   3658 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Had a game the other day where I was Lulu supporting my friend who wanted to ADC Jayce but we were against a duo ADC lane so I said Fuck it and went ADC as well. Lulu ADC must be semi-viable because I face fucked their Quinn, that or Quinn is really bad. We were trolling that game hard and almost won. We also had a Gragas mid who I kept calling Gargles and he was getting really mad. It was probably the most fun I've had in LoL, we were taking that game way too seriously so we decided to have some fun.

#4214 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

My roommate got hit by the Tristania knockback and ate an orange while flying. Fucking in flight meals man...

#4215 billymcdugal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

billymcdugal

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

i have dota 2 beta passes if anyone wants one

#4216 tcrash247   ghosts.nin.com CAGiversary!   3658 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Dota 2 sucks.

#4217 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5715 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Tristana is broken as hell now. Rush Blade of the Ruined King on her, max Q and E before W and GG. One of the few ADs that can rush it now and do great.

#4218 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Had a game the other day where I was Lulu supporting my friend who wanted to ADC Jayce but we were against a duo ADC lane so I said Fuck it and went ADC as well. Lulu ADC must be semi-viable because I face fucked their Quinn, that or Quinn is really bad. We were trolling that game hard and almost won. We also had a Gragas mid who I kept calling Gargles and he was getting really mad. It was probably the most fun I've had in LoL, we were taking that game way too seriously so we decided to have some fun.

It's not MLG level but Lulu could be a decent ADC with focus on attack speed. Her passive is + extra damage per attack from Lulu.

But when you play in the scrub division, realistically, you can run ADC Sona and if you're better than them win.

#4219 Morphx2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

ok

#4220 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

so, I lost another qualifying series to trolls, but...

the match after, I was finally not last pick. OMG! so I want to mid. My Morg and Rumble mid is strong.

Last pick, "Mid Kass or I feed" and proceeds to berate us and how he's so much better than me

Someone dodges

I get matched against that Kass, where I mid against him.

I proceed to stomp the shit out of him and put him on farm status, not to mention 3x as many creep kills. Taunting the whole time.

Worth it.

#4221 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5715 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Disaster averted.

#4222 kainzero   scv good to go sir CAGiversary!   3930 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

kainzero

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

It's not MLG level but Lulu could be a decent ADC with focus on attack speed. Her passive is + extra damage per attack from Lulu.

But when you play in the scrub division, realistically, you can run ADC Sona and if you're better than them win.

bruiser lulu used to be a thing before she got nerfed. not sure about adc because her passive sucks as a steroid.

adc sona is fun because she does a ton of damage early game, but she falls off because of short range, squishiness, and lack of mobility. the initiating power of your ult is also wasted because you can't get close enough to use it without getting blown up. as support you're not high priority but as adc... yeah.

you can avoid the tough late game by getting fed early game if you can properly abuse your damage.

#4223 BobandWeave   CAG in Training CAG in Training   18 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

BobandWeave

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hey :), I'm new to CAG, but I'll play with any of you guys. I'm sick of solo-queue and would like to play with nice people.

#4224 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

think Rumble is def my new champ. He's such a POS,

Even better, he directly counters Fizz and Singed in lane; two of the most annoying champs in the game when fed by dumb ass teammates who lane against them. Carrying hard as shit out of bronze with him =0

My problem is the GD picking order. What dictates this? I swear me and my roommate are -always- last pick so often I have to support.

My ELO will be 25-30 points higher than everyone elses, and I'll even be a division ahead of everyone else. And I still get last pick.

#4225 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Trundle's WIP visual remake was revealed, kinda neat.

http://www.surrender...r-wip.html#more

Sejuani is supposed to get one to in order to fit in with the Freljord lore better.

#4226 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

His current story is pretty neat though. Seems they are going full blast with the Freljord fleshing out

#4227 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

had a tyrn on my team get dominated by the enemy jungler, was 0/4.

Then he proceeded to berate us bronze players cause he is better than us cause he's silver, and we would always be in bronze.

I'm so glad our team was saved by my silver overlords.

#4228 Waughoo   OBEY THE TACO MAN! CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

think Rumble is def my new champ. He's such a POS,

Even better, he directly counters Fizz and Singed in lane; two of the most annoying champs in the game when fed by dumb ass teammates who lane against them. Carrying hard as shit out of bronze with him =0

My problem is the GD picking order. What dictates this? I swear me and my roommate are -always- last pick so often I have to support.

My ELO will be 25-30 points higher than everyone elses, and I'll even be a division ahead of everyone else. And I still get last pick.

I thought it was partially based on group size. So you and roommate are after a group of 3 you are teamed with. Dunno for sure if that's how it works though

#4229 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I know regular draft games it's now completely random. The only thing it does is if you have a group of four and you are the one who invited everyone, you absorb their chance to be first pick. It used you go by group size and then the person who invited was guaranteed first pick.

For ranked I'd always been under the assumption that pick order was based on ELO. Back when my friend and I would play, there was such a large ELO gap between us he was pretty much guaranteed first pick and I was always last pick, with various pubbers filling in the ELO gap.

#4230 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Tried the new Karma out. She's pretty cool, can actually be played as an AP mid since her Q does decent damage with AP items and has a short CD.