Alpha Protocol $44.99 , Prince of Persia $39.99 at Kmart - KmartGamer.com

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Sneak Peak:

I've received a surprising amount of requests for what my offer will be on Alpha Protocol. I confirmed that I would release it today and of course I'm running later than I want. I need to hire a blogger!!!

Similar to when we released Just Cause 2, Alpha Protocol (360/PS3) will be $44.99 for release week.

I will also be discounting Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360/PS3) to $39.99 beginning this Sunday.

I'll post when the blog on KmartGamer.com goes up. Help spread the word!!!

Deals are in-store only at the moment, if Alpha Protocol goes live for .com I'll update the thread.

[quote name='Unaki']So any preorder bonuses from you guys for AP?[/QUOTE]
No sir, just the discount.

Yeah sorry I kept asking but this has been one of my most anticpated games of the last 2 E3's. I will have to say the one review from a UK site and the fact that there's no reviews from any of the main US sites yet has me a bit worried, but Mass Effect lite set in modern times for $45 sounds like a good deal for me.

Thank you very much SHC.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Good deals, just wish it had been ModNation instead =([/QUOTE]
Still workin' on that one :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah sorry I kept asking but this has been one of my most anticpated games of the last 2 E3's. I will have to say the one review from a UK site and the fact that there's no reviews from any of the main US sites yet has me a bit worried, but Mass Effect lite set in modern times for $45 sounds like a good deal for me.

Thank you very much SHC.[/QUOTE]
No bother at all!

I received an early copy last week and I'm not going to say it's Mass Effect quality but I am definitely enjoying it.

Yeah I mean Mass Effect lite in that they try to style the conversation system like that and as long as the game is enjoyable without bugs that completely break the game, I'll be happy.

I always thought it looked like Mass Effect 1.5 ish and if it had come out last year, it would have been one of the best RPG's of the year next to Dragon Age. Now after ME 2, a DA expansion, and FF XIII, with Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 coming in the fall, I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle as long as it's a decent game.

That price is looking better for Prince of Persia but I'm still waiting for $30 or less. What's the verdict on Alpha Protocol? I gotta do some research on that one. Thanks though SHC, keep up the good work!

[quote name='themidnighter23']the only problem with K-Mart is finding someone to help me get a game. I can't stand my K-Mart[/QUOTE]
One day (maybe even a couple years from now), that will all be in the past. We'll all look back at this time as the birth of a gaming giant. Melodramatic.....yep...gonna happen...........yep.

AP is rumored to be getting a 6.0 from Gamespot. Apparently someone saw the score and tagline earlier but it's gone now. Was looking forward to it but I'm not so sure now after some of the things I've been hearing....even at $44.99.

I'm interested in PoP but probably won't bite until it hits $30 or less. How about a deal on Blur or Modnation in the future? :D Thanks again for your efforts SHC.

[quote name='Killbomb']AP is rumored to be getting a 6.0 from Gamespot. Apparently someone saw the score and tagline earlier but it's gone now. Was looking forward to it but I'm not so sure now after some of the things I've been hearing....even at $44.99.

I'm interested in PoP but probably won't bite until it hits $30 or less. How about a deal on Blur or Modnation in the future? :D Thanks again for your efforts SHC.[/QUOTE]
I'll probably have something with Blur pretty soon.

I don't suppose the Wii version of PoP:FS will be $39.99 also? Either way thanks for the heads up on the deals. The SMG 2 deal was great, too bad I read the post after I had already ordered from Walmart. You keep those Wii deals coming and I will start shopping at Kmart SHC! Thanks

[quote name='Killbomb']AP is rumored to be getting a 6.0 from Gamespot. Apparently someone saw the score and tagline earlier but it's gone now. Was looking forward to it but I'm not so sure now after some of the things I've been hearing....even at $44.99.

I'm interested in PoP but probably won't bite until it hits $30 or less. How about a deal on Blur or Modnation in the future? :D Thanks again for your efforts SHC.[/QUOTE]
From what I've played so far; I'm really enjoying it, but I see it as a mid 70 on Metacritic

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One day (maybe even a couple years from now), that will all be in the past. We'll all look back at this time as the birth of a gaming giant. Melodramatic.....yep...gonna happen...........yep.[/QUOTE]

You're doing a great job SHC. Great deals. definitely picking this up from you guys. My local Kmart seems to be a lot better than I remember in the past. My parents and grandparents now do all there shopping there instead of walmart.

I've really been looking forward to AP, ever since I was at their panel at PAX East. Really hope it isn't "meh" quality, ah well. They didn't go psycho on the DRM either, thought that was a bonus.

SHC will this be (hopefully) limited per customer on the online shipping so that the entire inventory isn't bought up by resellers? :)

[quote name='callmewoof']SHC will this be (hopefully) limited per customer on the online shipping so that the entire inventory isn't bought up by resellers? :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that wasn't cool......

Right now I posted that they are instore only, but I am working on the online piece with Alpha Protocol.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From what I've played so far; I'm really enjoying it, but I see it as a mid 70 on Metacritic[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I was hoping it would be better. If I don't get it I'll grab PoP instead.

$45? Hell yeah, I was going to pay full price at Gamestop.. I'm all over this. Thanks a lot, SHC!

I've waited for Alpha Protocol for a year.. reviews be damned, I want it badly.

I would love to be able to get these deals at an actual Kmart but there are none anywhere close to me. Luckily with Just Cause 2 I was able to price match at Best Buy; I expected them to say no since I'd have to drive quite a long way to reach a Kmart. Hopefully it works on AP also, but I'd prefer not to have to be giving BB my money. Anyone know why the Dallas area is devoid of Kmarts?

[quote name='Scorch']$45? Hell yeah, I was going to pay full price at Gamestop.. I'm all over this. Thanks a lot, SHC!

I've waited for Alpha Protocol for a year.. reviews be damned, I want it badly.[/QUOTE]
Same deal for me; most reviewers never read with the grain of the text first before they start tearing up the experience. Without understanding developer intent first they castigate it and talk right past the scope of the game.

Alpha is a good game; quality story, great dialogue system and cool game play. Not the greatest visuals and the gun play isn't perfect but it is definitely well done.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Same deal for me; most reviewers never read with the grain of the text first before they start tearing up the experience. Without understanding developer intent first they castigate it and talk right past the scope of the game.

Alpha is a good game; quality story, great dialogue system and cool game play. Not the greatest visuals and the gun play isn't perfect but it is definitely well done.[/QUOTE]

Your second paragraph is exactly what I want to hear. As Killbomb pointed out and I was referring to, if this came out last year it would be getting more looks and better reviews probably. But now instead of being compared to ME 1, it's going to be compared to ME 2 and Dragon Age, and it's not going to be as great a comparison. Also I've never always agreed with Gamespot's scores.

As long as the story, dialogue and game play are good, and the combat is passible, I'm going to enjoy my purchase.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Same deal for me; most reviewers never read with the grain of the text first before they start tearing up the experience. Without understanding developer intent first they castigate it and talk right past the scope of the game.

Alpha is a good game; quality story, great dialogue system and cool game play. Not the greatest visuals and the gun play isn't perfect but it is definitely well done.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll buy it :lol:

[quote name='Ibramgaunt249']Mmmm $25 bucks after Alan Wake coupon, in for one :)[/QUOTE]
Just wait til this Fall :)

Just like with the current Xbox Live promotion I'm running that gives a 10 or 20 coupon off of Black Ops, there will be lots of multiple stacking coupon awesomeness.

As the other person stated love all the deals with kmart but man does the one I go to (Bridgeville, Pa) Have the worst people in electronics ever. Took me a good 5 minutes to get the guy there to understand what an ethernet cord was. I was like you know what a phone line looks like, sort of like that only bigger on the end maybe twice the size. You use it to plug into dsl modems, cable modems, theres a spot for it on the back of xboxs. I eventually gave up and went to the front and asked one of the cashiers. After all that the store doesn't even carry ethernet cords. Really should just make it to where I could grab the game myself so he doesn't have to try and remember if Alpha Protocol comes before Just Cause or X-men while I point towards the case 5 feet away..sigh..But seriously keep up the good work the deals are worth me pounding my head off the wall trying to talk to those guys.

Hm... might just use the $15 gaming coupon to make Alpha Protocol $30 on the day of release, but I don't have a good feeling it'll end up well. Obsidian has never really wowed me in anything they do lately. SHC, is AP going to be at K-Mart the morning of release?

I'd get Prince of Persia but I'm not going to touch it until Ubisoft fixes the game breaking glitch at the end of the game.

Kmart, who would have thought this would be where I go for my video games now? Sometimes my friends think I'm lying when I tell them the deals I get there, now they're starting to check them out for themselves!

Sweet, keep up the awesome job SHC-Gamer!

Unfortunately, I really don't believe Alpha Protocol is worth it even at the great price of $45 for a new game. I'll leave it at that, but I really would advise people to at least check out the many playthrough videos on the internet before buying.

It's not that it's totally worthless, but this game really deserves a $20-30 price point (at least) on release based on its quality (or lack thereof) after 4 years in the making.

Now, $39.99 for PoP? Yes please! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll probably have something with Blur pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I was wondering if Kmart does price matching? Couldn't find anything on the site relating to it.

Geez, I guess this puts me in for Alpha Protocol! I was set to go ahead and pre-order it from Amazon with the $20 GC I got for SMG2, but now I think I'll keep it until I can find something I want on which Kmart's not giving a killer deal..

Thanks SHC!

I might bite on Alpha Protocol... I really wish it had been Red Dead Redemption though D;

Looking up stuff on Alpha Protocol, looks pretty decent, hands-on demo looks fun, but I don't like how vague some of the dialogue trees are. The timer is interesting though, it makes it a bit more realistic, and more tense.

Gonna look up a bit more before I make my final decision.

I just got the full 1K in Prince of Persia today. It would be a buy game at like $20-$25 I would say. It is really short and I did pretty much all there is to do. I really liked the game itself a lot I just didnt like how short it was and the story was mediocre at best.

SHC, quick question:
Will this be ready to go first thing in the morning? With Just Cause, I showed up around 1pm and the delivery wasn't in yet.
Will these be on hand for store open or is it best to wait until evening?

Cool. Good deals SHC! Couple of questions/thoughts:

1. What exactly are the dates for these sales? PoP deal starts May 30th - June 5th? I assume Alpha Protocol will be June 1st - June 5th?

2. Any possibility of deals on some upcoming games? Specifically I'm interested in Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, and Crackdown 2. A good deal on Crackdown 2 would probably get quite a bit of sales since it's going to be a pretty big game releasing at a time when there isn't much else coming out.

Other upcoming games I'd consider buying (depending on reviews) would be Toy Story 3, Naughty Bear, and Singularity.

Damn, great deal on Alpha Protocol, but I don't have many Kmarts close by. I wonder if I can get Best Buy to price match and still give me the pre-order stealth pack bonus...

I like a good story-based game where I can make the character my own (Fallout and Deus Ex come to mind).. where I feel like I'm actually making a difference in the direction my character takes. Do you get that sense in Alpha Protocol?

Alpha Protocol looking so flawed is a disappointment. Was hoping it'd overcome the delays...

PoP is tempting at that price, but my backlog's pretty full and Ubi games go down in price so fast, think I'll wait these out.

A Blur deal at around $30 would make me add to my backlog, though.

I hope Alpha Protocol will turn out to be decent at around 7.5 or 8.0 for most sites. If not, I might wait a bit for the price to drop more since I already have Red Dead Redemption to play through.

bread's done
Back