CAG ModNation Racers Night

WHEN:
Wednesday nights @ 10pm EST

HOSTED BY:
bmachine [randy_wrecked @ PSN] and metaly [metaly @ PSN]

:arrow: B.Y.O.M.
Bring Your Own Mod
:arrow: Headsets are encouraged.
:arrow: Douchebaggery will not be tolerated.

Each week, we'll assemble a playlist of UFG tracks and community suggestions. If you have anything you'd like us to play, please shout it out!

modnationracersscreens2.jpg

Dammit, always 10PM EST. Whatever, the school year's ending soon here anyways, so sure, I'm in, even though it conflicts with MW2, I might do an every other week thing.

PSN: JohnsAwesome

Interesting... need to get used to the game/features first lol just go it yesterday from GoHastings.

[quote name='Jmclark']Dammit, always 10PM EST. Whatever, the school year's ending soon here anyways, so sure, I'm in, even though it conflicts with MW2, I might do an every other week thing.

PSN: JohnsAwesome[/QUOTE]

HAHA is your PSN IS seriously JohnsAwesome ? If so that is weird because mine is AndrewsAwesome lol

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']HAHA is your PSN IS seriously JohnsAwesome ? If so that is weird because mine is AndrewsAwesome lol[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's quite weird. Never thought I'd see another PSN with "Awesome" at the end.

[quote name='8bitArtist']im down. EightBitArtist. also, would we be able to do XP races? seems like no one is ever doing those when im online at the modspot.[/QUOTE]

I had luck all yesterday with getting into XP races. I think more people have the game than before. But I'm not sure if you can invite to them, because I went to invite a friend to one with 5 people, and the button was grayed out.

Bmachine, if we have a series for the first modnation race night, I have a Kratos/Gopher Mystery Kart im willing to give out to the winner of the first CAG series. Just LMK if you wanna use it for such a thing.

I just started having fun with the creation tools in the demo, and created this ridiculous race track that I think y'all would love... Though I need to full game to get it imported. :cry:

I might be getting this in a couple of weeks, we'll see. :whistle2:\"

Playing the Halo: Reach beta with a jetpack showed me what RFG would be like online, if anyone actually played it. Can't speak for the PS3 version, but the 360 version was pretty dead when I got the game, and that was a month after release. Good game, though.

Damn yous... I didn't have time to play for the first few days after release, and the only people available to play today are European friends who I can't play with. :( Guess I'll mess with the career.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How'd that Restore File System work for your PS3 freezing issues, Freaky?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it yet, but you can be sure I'll have it done real soon... It has to be done. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I haven't tried it yet, but you can be sure I'll have it done real soon... It has to be done. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be a downer, but restore file system didn't fix my freezing issues. :( But hopefully it turns out better for you than it did me.

I can't wait for Wednesday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try some tracks I haven't gotten a chance to yet.

Bump for race day!

If anyone has any tracks they've made or discovered that you'd like us to play tonight, please post them here!

Please make sure you've got someone else from the thread on your list, as well. I've got metaly, strandedbrit, freakyzeeky, bojangles, and thomas96 on mine already. Everyone else should add me or one of them before 9:45pm tonight!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']This seems like an oxymoron to me.[/QUOTE]

Who are you calling a moron? :boxing:

[quote name='Matt Young']Playing the Halo: Reach beta with a jetpack showed me what RFG would be like online, if anyone actually played it. Can't speak for the PS3 version, but the 360 version was pretty dead when I got the game, and that was a month after release. Good game, though.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 group still plays once a week! Tomorrow's our 1-year anniversary. RFG multiplayer is like crack.

I'd be up for some MNR tonight. I'll try to add some of the other people playing when I get home tonight. Feel free to add me as well (sabanoo).

I would like us to try a few tracks I made this past week... if you guys don't mind. ;)

-Warhawk - Island Outpost
-freaky's experiment #2
-Escape from Arizona

and this one cool track I downloaded, it's called Construction Zone. See y'all tonight!

[quote name='Matt Young']Playing the Halo: Reach beta with a jetpack showed me what RFG would be like online[/QUOTE]

That is a huge discredit to RFG's multiplayer. The armor abilities in Reach do remind me of RFG's backpacks, but the multiplayer is so much more than just Halo with jetpacks. You should find a cheap PS3 copy and play with us. :)

@bmachine, I wont be able to play tonight sadly :( but I'll be fine for every wednesday to follow. I have a code for a Kratos/Woody the Gopher for whoever wins the most races tonight, so LMK and I'll pm the code to the winner. If they already have Kratos/Woody then we can give the code to whoever doesn't have them.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Hopefully the price drops on this game and I can get it next week. But we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a price drop - I believe it took almost a full year for LittleBigPlanet to drop in price, and I would expect the same for ModNation Racers. On the plus side, though, it's one of the few PS3 games that's so good it's easily worth the full price! With the kind of replayability I get out of titles like LBP and MNR, the $60 price tag suddenly doesn't seem so bad.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I would like us to try a few tracks I made this past week... if you guys don't mind. ;)

-Warhawk - Island Outpost
-freaky's experiment #2
-Escape from Arizona

and this one cool track I downloaded, it's called Construction Zone. See y'all tonight![/QUOTE]

Downloaded the 3 that you made. Freaky's Experiment is very...experimental. ;)

I had already saved Construction Zone...it's really good!

Add me or one of the other confirmed players. I'll set up a Gameroom at 9:55 or so and invite the first 11 other people who get on.

This is really tempting, wont be down to play tonight. Hopefully this continues to grow like the RFG night.

If you guys would like to hear my take on MNR check out our video review, just click on the gamerfill logo in my sig.

bread's done
Back