CAG ModNation Racers Night [Wednesdays @ 10pm EST]

[quote name='Hilarity']I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a price drop - I believe it took almost a full year for LittleBigPlanet to drop in price, and I would expect the same for ModNation Racers. On the plus side, though, it's one of the few PS3 games that's so good it's easily worth the full price! With the kind of replayability I get out of titles like LBP and MNR, the $60 price tag suddenly doesn't seem so bad.[/QUOTE]

Guess I should start breathing again then.... you make a great point about LBP taking eons to drop in price. Durr....... I dunno.

I've got such a huge fucking backlog that it doesn't make sense to add to it.

I'm on the fence, and trying to resist the peer pressure to get this game. We'll see how long I last (not long).

I might get on later, so if anyone is still up I will invite them.

- Only reason I am not on now is because the career just made my launch my controller against my wall thus breaking the rumble pad :(

Really enjoyable time, had a lot of fun :) Some of the mods really killed me (like Obama, The White Power Ranger, Bender to name a few).

And in the process, we unintentionally had cross game mic chat! Amazing!

Lots of fun tonight! Thanks to everyone who played.

Sorry about all of your connection issue, Matt...hope you can get things sorted out soon. Post here if you need any guidance...maybe one of us can help.

It took me a ton of tries to connect to the gameroom at first, so don't get discouraged. It feels like the game just could have problems establishing connections since it also takes me forever to get into an XP race. Once I was in the gameroom it was smooth sailing, though.

Thanks for hosting, Randy! Let's fill up the room next week.

Randy, you were an awesome host! I'll try to get at least 3 more cool new tracks ready for next week. Some of these tracks I played tonight got my creative juices flowing, and need to cop some of those ideas for my next creations. ;)

Sorry you couldn't join us, Matt... Maybe the game had a bad install? Hope to see you join us next week somehow. :(

I didn't even see an option to install/reinstall the game. I have no idea if it installed initially. I played it late at night last week for an hour. I have really bad insomnia, and I was pretty out of it then, so I don't even remember.

I think my game is broken in some way. When it loads up after I press X on the title screen, the percentage goes up to 65% and then just stays there for 3 minutes every time before finally loading. Then, when I signed on, I was obviously on the PSN since I could send you guys messages. I could even see the top creations and all that, but I couldn't "connect to online" in the game nor access any online modes. I restarted the system and game a few times, and finally, I went into the mod shop and came back out. Magically, I was online in the game.

I apologize to Randy for all the messages. I hope I wasn't too annoying. And I really appreciate the invites from those of you who sent them. After I got signed on, as I told Randy, I got a phone call. I said I would be done soon, which I was, but then some stuff came up so I was unavailable till about 5 minutes ago.

Anyway, I'm rambling, LOL. Need sleep... but I'm going to play this game anyway. I'm definitely up for playing on another day/night before next Wednesday if anyone wants to.

I believe it installs itself when you first put the game in. I don't really know if deleteing and reinstalling the game will mess up your data, so I'd suggest looking into seeing if that's the case or not by Googling.

And metaly, if you want to take a crack at making a Archipelago track, you're more than welcome to give it a try. I'm going to make an Ed Wood-inspired track this week, and I'm pretty sure it will keep me busy!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']And metaly, if you want to take a crack at making a Archipelago track, you're more than welcome to give it a try. I'm going to make an Ed Wood-inspired track this week, and I'm pretty sure it will keep me busy![/QUOTE]

I want to give it a shot but it'll definitely be a while before I'm competent with the track editor. I should probably work on some simpler stuff first... like maybe a Delfino Square track that doesn't suck. :cool:

An Ed Wood track would be pretty random. Can you make it so your mod dies after the first lap and gets replaced by another mod?

[quote name='metaly']I want to give it a shot but it'll definitely be a while before I'm competent with the track editor. I should probably work on some simpler stuff first... like maybe a Delfino Square track that doesn't suck. :cool:

An Ed Wood track would be pretty random. Can you make it so your mod dies after the first lap and gets replaced by another mod?[/QUOTE]

It's not really that hard to make some tracks once you get used to what each of the tools do. The tutorials are also really helpful too for general stuff. If you ever need help with certain facets of creation, or what tools you need for certain things you want to do. Let me know, I can help!

:lol:

Mod-doubles...That would be funny and awesome. I only wish that were possible. :lol:

[quote name='Dasflikko']Guess I should start breathing again then.... you make a great point about LBP taking eons to drop in price. Durr....... I dunno.

I've got such a huge fucking backlog that it doesn't make sense to add to it.

I'm on the fence, and trying to resist the peer pressure to get this game. We'll see how long I last (not long).[/QUOTE]

"All the cool kids are playing ModNation Racers... Just one more game won't hurt you... C'mon, what are ya - chicken???"

Ah, peer pressure - helping kids make uncomfortable decisions for years! :cool:

Seriously though, unless that unplayed backlog contains some of the stellar PS3-exclusive AAA titles from previous years, like Infamous or Valkyria Chronicles or something, I'd dump the backlog for MNR - because it's my favorite PS3 exclusive of this year so far. It's that good.

Only 2 days 'til MNR night!

We played all of the maps that I had downloaded last week. Does anyone have awesome new finds (or creations!) that they'd like us to play this week?

I've created the Ed Wood-inspired track 'Superfly Invaders', and am currently working on a San Francisco track, and Bad Company 2's Arica Harbor track afterward... I'll try to get all those done before Wednesday night! :)

Vampire mod and cart coming tomorrow via DLC:

4679047035_5e7ac35d39.jpg

I wants it. ;)

[quote name='bmachine']Vampire mod and cart coming tomorrow via DLC:

I wants it. ;)[/QUOTE]

*GASP!!1!!* :whistle2:o

I... I needs it! :whee:
This would complete Bela Lugosi!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']

and this one cool track I downloaded, it's called Construction Zone. See y'all tonight![/QUOTE]

Do you know who made it, I searched for it and there like 11 of them.

Saw this news ticker on PlayStation.com:

Parts of PlayStation®Network will be temporarily unavailable tomorrow, June 9, for maintenance from 8:05am - 6:30pm PDT. Find out more
From the link:

The PlayStation®Network will be taken offline for maintenance on June 9, 2010 starting at 8:05 AM Pacific Time and scheduled to end 8:30 PM Pacific Time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

During this time you may:

• Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store
  • Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network
  • Not be able to play online games
  • See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network

Please note when you log into the PlayStation Network, a message indicating the PlayStation Network has been suspended may appear. This does not mean that your account has been suspended, it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance has been completed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

Can't tell if they meant it ends at 6:30 or 8:30 Pacific, but I'm hoping the former so it doesn't disrupt MNR night!

Uhh.
My PSN is SwiftStratos.
I can race next week or tomorrow if the maintenance is done by then.
I'd obviously rather have someone from CAG add me as a friend so I can just be invited to the game night.
xP

[quote name='Just-Joe']Do you know who made it, I searched for it and there like 11 of them.[/QUOTE]

I have it saved. I'll check next time I launch MNR. It's definitely one of the top-rated tracks in the game...you'll probably stumble across the good one if you search/sort by "most downloaded".

[quote name='swiftstratos']Uhh.
My PSN is SwiftStratos.
I can race next week or tomorrow if the maintenance is done by then.
I'd obviously rather have someone from CAG add me as a friend so I can just be invited to the game night.
xP[/QUOTE]

Add me! If I see you in game I'll shoot you an invite.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll be there tomorrow if I can connect![/QUOTE]

Have you been able to get into online games since your troubles last week?

[quote name='metaly']Looks like the maintenance is definitely until 8:30, according to PSBlog. Lame![/QUOTE]

Weak! Thanks for noticing this news, Metaly...at least we'll know what to expect tonight.

[quote name='option.iv']So can someone point me to the Blur thread?

Haha. Wassup guys. Is this game that good? If so, any deals on it lately?[/QUOTE]

:applause: Hey, Option...it's a lot of fun. Some of us have been playing it pretty obsessively since it came out.
I haven't noticed any discounts on it since launch, unfortunately.

There's a chance maintenance might end early, so I'll try to be there if I can. I don't think I have any of the hosts on my friends list, will I need to try and send an invite out tonight?

I'll be on tonight at 9:55pm EST.

If the PSN is up and running I'll setup a gameroom and shoot out invites.

To insure that you get an invite please send me a friend request before 9:55pm EST.

If the PSN is still undergoing maintenance, well...we'll most likely have to cancel tonight's festivities, unfortunately.

[quote name='bmachine']
If the PSN is still undergoing maintenance, well...we'll most likely have to cancel tonight's festivities, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooooo :cry:

I got a new copy and have had the same problems. No connection on startup, and manually connecting takes 3-4 tries sometimes. But it does work eventually!

[quote name='bmachine']Vampire mod and cart coming tomorrow via DLC:

I wants it. ;)[/QUOTE]

MUST OWN THE SPOCK EARS!!!! This is a definite buy for me - that kart is pretty sweet too. I wonder which pieces will be useable in other creations?

I played like 10 races today and I haven't had a problem. However I can't seem to log on to playstation.com .

I'm going to need more time to get the BC2 track done, as I'm not nearly close enough to finish this by tonight (if we do play tonight, pending on whether PSN comes back up or not).

[quote name='Hilarity']MUST OWN THE SPOCK EARS!!!! This is a definite buy for me - that kart is pretty sweet too. I wonder which pieces will be useable in other creations?[/QUOTE]

I think you could only 'remix' the kart. The Vamp Mod can't be modified and you can't use it's clothes or accessories. Lame, I know... :cry:

Looks like the PSN is up and running. Race night is a go! Setting up the gameroom now.

Blue, I asked for track suggestions and Freaky was the only person to suggest anything. We'll definitely be using his tracks again tonight!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I can't seem to join. I see the invite, it says "Joining gameroom..." and then disappears.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here.
After a while it says there was a connection problem. :|

EDIT: After restarting the game, it worked! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad there were more people tonight. Kind of disappointed I was lagging so much (3-4 seconds) but it was fun nonetheless.

Excellent races tonight! Nice to see 10 fellow CAGs in the gameroom for most of the evening.

Many thanks to FreakyZeeky and BlueLobstah for contributing their original tracks, as well. Nicely done, gentlemen!

bread's done
Back