Captain America: The First Avenger - Out Now! Stick Around After The Credits!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
capam2.jpg
capam1.jpg
capam3.jpg
capam4.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

I love it...I think it works really well.

Saw this yesterday, I hate the suspenders and utility belt and his helmet needs the wings, otherwise I guess it could have been worse.

Linkin might as well change his avatar pic now. Unless the Captain America movie isn't current enough for you yet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't think the wings would have worked, but maybe the wings will show up on his WWII costume.[/QUOTE]
Ah, so this is his modern day costume then? I was under the impression that it was his WWII costume; I suppose I should learn to read instead of skim. It does look pretty awesome.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Ah, so this is his modern day costume then? I was under the impression that it was his WWII costume; I suppose I should learn to read instead of skim. It does look pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

I actually can't find anywhere in the links that says specifically whether it's modern or WWII -- the design looks pretty modern, but as far as I know, the whole first Cap movie is WWII era. So I have to guess that this probably *isn't* the suit we'll see him wearing in Avengers.

[quote name='tcrash247']Linkin might as well change his avatar pic now. Unless the Captain America movie isn't current enough for you yet.[/QUOTE]

O...K...?

Seriously, who the fuck are you and why do you care so much about what I have set as my avatar and/or signature?

Looks like shit. Seriously. I misspent my entire youth playing Marvel/Capcom fighting games and this is not Captain America. The only thing they got right was the shield.

[quote name='tcrash247']I hate the suspenders and utility belt and his helmet needs the wings, otherwise I guess it could have been worse.[/QUOTE]

^This.
Looks ok I guess, it would grow on me, but its not as cool as the original.

Doing a live-action version of Cap's costume and not have it look completely ridiculous was no small feat, but they actually pulled it off.

I have to give them props on the costume.

Needs the wings on the mask, but other than that I like the costume. Not huge on the suspenders either, but it's obvious they are going for an old war look with Cap here.

The flick should turn out pretty good like the recent marvel films have lately.

Could be worse, right?
196524.jpg

I owned this on Laser Disc.

It doesnt look to bad. Just the headpiece doesnt quite fit with the rest of it somehow though. Kind of wish they would ditch the suspenders look also.

Looks like they lifted alot from the ultimate version of captain america.

toptensuperheroes-captainamerica.jpg

I just hope they keep him captain america like in the comics and not blow it out of pro america hand over your red/white/blue bleeding heart while saluting the american flag 7 times a day propoganda style proportions.

Has anyone seen the Thor movie look yet?

If you thought Cap looked bad....
500x_thor2.jpg

Mjolnir looks bad, way too CG. This isn't a final build though thankfully and I hope Thor's mighty hammer comes out looking better in the film.

I don't think it looks bad, but I dunno why they put lines on everything. Is it supposed to look like armor or something?

[quote name='ITDEFX']was it ever explained why the avengers were assembled in the first place?[/QUOTE]

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born — to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then — for now, the Avengers Assemble!

[quote name='Sigma']Has anyone seen the Thor movie look yet?

If you thought Cap looked bad....
500x_thor2.jpg

Mjolnir looks bad, way too CG. This isn't a final build though thankfully and I hope Thor's mighty hammer comes out looking better in the film.[/QUOTE]

The photo that shows the partial uniform looked pretty good...that concept image just looks weird, but I think it has to do with the way they drew it...this looks better to me for some reason:

thor_concept_art_chris_hemsworth_02.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The photo that shows the partial uniform looked pretty good...that concept image just looks weird, but I think it has to do with the way they drew it...this looks better to me for some reason:

thor_concept_art_chris_hemsworth_02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that will ferrell?

I agree that his costume isnt bad (helmet actually make sense since he is a WWII soldier and all) but I also agree that he needs something because he just looks kinda bald headed in those pics.

[quote name='manthing']And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born — to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then — for now, the Avengers Assemble![/QUOTE]

so what was the common threat?

In Iron Man 1 and 2, it looks like they are starting to assemble the Avengers but for what cause?

I think they did a good job mixing the current 616 look with the more techy look of Utimate Thor's belt/shirt. Don't get the random band on one leg.

[quote name='billyrox']i hope it is that would make the shiity costume make sense[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll just go with this too.

After checking out Cap's costume, I gotta say the suspender/shoulder pads look odd. They look misplaced, as if someone forgot to tell Cap that those go on underneath his costume. Not too keen on the pants either, the texture pattern on them also seems a bit off. If those things were corrected and they airbrushed some wings onto that helmet and they reddened up all that leather I might like it....maybe

I'm for it. It looks like a mix of Bryan Hitch's WWII era and modern era Ultimates costumes, both of which I thought were pretty neat. I'm all for tradition, but the wings are silly looking. My only concern is that all reports have said this movie takes place entirely in WWII, so one of two things is going on here: this is either the costume they have planned for him after he wakes up, or this is kind of out of place for the time period. Don't get me wrong, parts of it look very 1940's (the pouches, buckles, etc), but other parts look like Batman's costume in the Dark Knight, which is supposed to be advanced for now, let alone 70 years ago. Looks great either way though.

I wondered how they would pull off the red stripes on his torso without looking cheesy but it looks like they did a great job by going with the red suspenders. It also gives it that military look the way soldiers wear parachutes.

[quote name='ITDEFX']was it ever explained why the avengers were assembled in the first place?[/QUOTE]

You mean in the comics? It was because of thors brother loki causing problems by tricking the hulk and such.

In the movies? No not yet. Closest we got was after the credits of iron man 1 you see nick fury talking to tony about the avengers intiative which Im assuming would be the start of forming the other members together. Im guessing they will wait to see how well the cap and thor movies do before commiting to much to the idea.

[quote name='Kendro']I wondered how they would pull off the red stripes on his torso without looking cheesy but it looks like they did a great job by going with the red suspenders. It also gives it that military look the way soldiers wear parachutes.[/QUOTE]

he definitely gives off a paratrooper vibe, but someone else said it before...he reminds me of the comdian from watchmen. it may be the suspenders and belt w/ pouches.

Uhh....this is not looking good. Over on other boards people were saying that the costumes for Batman and Superman looked terrible in production as well so I'll at least wait and give this a shot and see how it looks during the final film.

bread's done
Back