Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

dothatthing

CAGiversary!
****Edit**** Someone just posted today a way to get free beta codes legit! Here is the link to their thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266521

If you pre order Medal of Honor, you get access to the multiplayer beta for free starting June 21st. As far as I know, pre ordering is the only way to get a multiplayer beta code. The Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta went live for Bad Company 2 VIP members on June 17th 2010 for PC and PS3 (360 delayed). At E3 it was advertised that the Beta goes live on June 21st, but if you have Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP status, you can start playing it on the 17th!

Here is a link to the redemption portal:
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta

Regardless of what your status is, you need to preorder MoH in order to get your beta code. You can preorder from a few places online, but they might not email the code right away, and you don't get the nifty card that it comes on. If you don't want to use credit or if you want the nifty card, one of the easiest ways to do it is to go to a store like gamestop and put $5 down on a preorder(They got their codes in today, the 18th). No matter how you preorder, you can always cancel later and get your money back, so technically the beta is free. If you go to somewhere other than gamestop and want to play before the 21st, make sure they have the codes in already.
Happy free multiplayer online beta gaming. Enjoy!

***If you looking for a way to get the beta code without pre ordering, there are some posts within this thread that explain how to do so***

!*!*!*!*!**!
===>> If you decide to try the beta, please feel free to take all feedback, suggestions, comments, questions, and complaints about the beta straight to the EA Medal Of Honor Beta forums at:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/190.page

They would appreciate any and all information we can provide about our experiences while playing this Beta, and it will help to make the final product better for all gamers out there.

!!!!!!!!!=====>> Also, please keep in mind that this is a closed beta, and please read the EULA when you access the beta before you post any full reviews of the game on the internet or in this forum. For those of you who refuse to read the EULA, basically by agreeing to play the game you are agreeing to keep its content confidential. If you really need to talk about specific details regarding the content, please do so at the Official Medal of Honor Forums using the link above. That is the best way to improve the quality of the final product, and also the best way to avoid breaking the law. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FR0GGY']Is their a difference between this game and Modern warfare 2? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think you mean BFBC2, they look exactly the same.

[quote name='life.exe']I think you mean BFBC2, they look exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

25275.jpg

[quote name='FR0GGY']Is their a difference between this game and Modern warfare 2? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Fewer modders/hackers/boosters in MoH. :lol:

No, it's definitely closer to MW2 than BFBC2, I played it last night. Plays well enough, but I'd rather have something closer to BFBC2...kinda sad DICE went in this direction with the MP

I preordered at Amazon since you don't have to put any money down. As an IW fan, I really hope MoH crushes Black Ops though I doubt that it's possible.

[quote name='geekpimpfx']No, it's definitely closer to MW2 than BFBC2, I played it last night. Plays well enough, but I'd rather have something closer to BFBC2...kinda sad DICE went in this direction with the MP[/QUOTE]

True but I don't think they wanted to make another BC2 style game... it would be bad to compete with another game from their publisher.

I watched some of the gameplay footage and watched some people playing the beta, and it looks pretty poor. It looks and feels almost exactly like Battlefield BC2, except more dumbed-down and noobified. It's like DICE trying to copy all of the more ostensive aspects of Modern Warfare 2, but forgetting about some of the core gameplay nuances that make MW2 appealing (i.e., the ultra-responsive controls and actions). For example, calling in a UAV is a quick one-touch action in Call of Duty; but in MoH, it requires two button presses.

-You can't pick up dropped enemy weapons? That's lame.

-The gun sounds and RPG explosions sound weak or nonexistent.

-It even looks like they ripped many of the animations straight from BC2, which is inexcusable.

It looks like I won't even bother preordering to get the free beta for this.

I just played my first match... it was fun, even though my ps3 froze. There is still alot of polishing to be done, but this is just the beta, and the game doesn't get released until mid october. There's also leaderboard support, which adds to the fun if you plan on playing the beta more than once. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't have the same feel as previous MoH games, but change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

EA/DICE already have a Battlefield game style title line that is making money.

It only makes sense to create a COD arcade game style title to bank off of.

If you don't like it, then the million others that do will buy it.

Do you get the beta code in the email right away when you preorder it from Amazon? I preordered from Amazon before they had this beta access promo. I wonder if they automatically email out beta code to existing preorders, or you'd only get it if you preorder now.

No destructible environments?!?

Well that is a deal breaker. Playing online without it feels very dated to me.

I still want to buy the game for the single player but I don't have any interest in the multiplayer now which means no interest in the beta. Thanks for the info though.

If you order from amazon, they should be emailing you a code for the beta, but it's very possible that it won't happen until the 21st...

Free way to do it WITHOUT pre-ordering....

FIRST
Go to http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/
sign up for a new username or use the one you already have, to take beta code for Command and Conquer 4

SECOND
Go to www.medalofhonor.com/beta
then sign in with an EA account (If you do not have one sign up for a new account)
After that enter the C&C4 code, and say what platform ( I went with PS3, I believe 360 has been delayed) After following all the directions it will give you a beta code that you can download from the PSN.

I believe play starts the 21st. (unless you are a VIP BFBC2 player)

*(The site is VERY slow, so be patient and it should work)

I think I'll go "pre-order" MoH tomorrow :cool: I almost forgot GS allows your to cancel your preorder and keep the bonus item.

Wow, you can use the Command and Conquer 4 beta code and use it to redeem a Medal of Honor beta code?!? I'm going to try it now just to have an extra one.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']When is this supposed to drop on the 360? I JUST old my PS3 to a buddy of mine like 3 hours ago. Dammit. I want to play this!![/QUOTE]

"The Medal of Honor beta for the Xbox 360 is delayed, but it is expected to be available next week. We are extremely disappointed about this, but want to assure you that we are dedicated and determined to delivering all of you this awesome multiplayer experience as soon as possible. However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time!"

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179965

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']"The Medal of Honor beta for the Xbox 360 is delayed, but it is expected to be available next week. We are extremely disappointed about this, but want to assure you that we are dedicated and determined to delivering all of you this awesome multiplayer experience as soon as possible. However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time!"

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179965[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated sir. I guess I'll have to go preorder it the day the beta releases. As of right now, I have ZERO motivation to go do so. These FPSs are starting to get very.. meh.

It says that the 360 version will be delayed till next week, but the window will be exteded to make up for the lost time. So you might have to wait a few days to a week longer to play, but you should still get the full month's worth of play time.

[quote name='mgford11']So the beta is delayed, but are the codes available at gamestops for x360 yet? Everytime I call I hear about "next week"[/QUOTE]

My brother picked one up yesterday, so they should be in.

Not sure, but when I redeemed it online, It only let me choose between PC and PS3.....
but the preorder card that i got at gamestop has PC, 360, and PS3 logos on it... So they should give you the beta card at gamestop if you preorder for 360, and you might be able to redeem it now for PC or PS3 (worth a try)... the beta site is slammed right now, tho, so you'll have to be patient.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Free way to do it WITHOUT pre-ordering....

FIRST
sign up for a new username or use the one you already have, to take beta code for Command and Conquer 4

SECOND
then sign in with an EA account (If you do not have one sign up for a new account)
After that enter the C&C4 code, and say what platform ( I went with PS3, I believe 360 has been delayed) After following all the directions it will give you a beta code that you can download from the PSN.

*(The site is VERY slow, so be patient and it should work)[/QUOTE]
This worked for me everyone! Just got a new beefy rig so going with PC.

[quote name='mgford11']East coast or west?[/QUOTE]

east, the people at gamestop may have thought that that you were asking about when the 360 beta starts or thought the codes were console specific.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Free way to do it WITHOUT pre-ordering....

FIRST

SECOND

*(The site is VERY slow, so be patient and it should work)[/QUOTE]
Thank You, I just got mine:)

Yes, because you can cancel the preorder... but if you use a C&C4 beta code as described above, you can get around the pre order process.

Has anyone applied the C&C code to the 360 beta? Obviously it isn't beginning until Monday, but I'm concerned about applying the code, getting no key because of the delay, and then them discovering the scam and voiding its validity.

I'm just concerned about compromising my EA account (at least for this beta) tied to my gamertag through Dragon Age, ME2, etc. by using this false code just so I don't have to deal with Amazon's lack of timely code delivery.

The C&C deal didnt work for me ..... got "code has already in use error" ....went back and tried for a 2nd code and gamespot gives the exact code again to me.

**** UPDATE***

Well signed up with a different name on gamespot site and the C&C method worked good this time ..... downloading now for my PS3 .... hope this method is still working next week so I can do it on my 360 then ...... it looks from the EA forums that earlier it was giving errors to alot of people and screwing up thier codes and that now EA has the HoH site working fine ....so at least I was able to get another code using this method instead of wasting a code i got from a pre-order like some people are real pissed about on the forums

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Thanks, just got a beta code with the C&C method :) Worked like a charm.[/QUOTE]

^^^ this - just did it with no problems...

Worked for me on PS3, but damn does the game freeze a lot for me. I know its a beta, but I haven't even been able to finish a match.

bread's done
Back