The_Continental trivia contest #6 - Marginal and greendj27 win it!

The_Continental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Winners thus far:

Cleaver - RE: Dead Aim (round 1)
Stealthy Seal - NOLF 2 (round 2)
Zewone - NOLF 2 (round 2)
Kaw - Roadkill and Enclave (Round 3)
Kaw - Bombastic (Round 4)
Kaw - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 xbox (round 5)
Marginal - KUF: Crusaders xbox (Round 6)
greendj27 - TBD (Round 6)

The sixth round of free game trivia is here. The first person to post a full correct answer will win a sealed copy of Crusader KUF for the xbox

Kingdom%20Under%20Fire%20-%20The%20Crusaders.jpg

Question:

Two screen characters with related surnames, separated by 41 years. Geeks would care about both - but for different reasons. Connection?

Hint - Neither of the characters ever had the opportunity to shine.

Hint - The last names are not the same, but elements within the same category.

Hint - streams, rivers, etc...

hint - At first, I said 40 years, then I checked imdb again, and that number changed to 41 years. That is to say imbd changed its stats - that may be indicative of something...

Edit: the characters are separated by 41 years, not 40, as previously mentioned. I swear. imdb changed thier stats.

It will be interesting to see the answers I get for this - as I'm sure quite a few would fit. I'll provide hints later.

Remember - a full answer will include all names, references, etc... and please PLEASE PLEASE, do not let Kaw win this again. :)

Good luck.

Oh yes, and the longer it takes for someone to get the answer, the better the prize becomes.

Kaw seems to be the man. You should eliminate him from contention for this one. :D To be honest your contests in the past seemed to be waaaaaay over my head, but I might try and get this one.

Two screen characters with related surnames, separated by 40 years. Geeks would care about both. Connection?

The Belmonts?

The Connection is fighting Dracula?

I'm looking for related last names - not the same last name.

[quote name='Msut77']Two screen characters with related surnames, separated by 40 years. Geeks would care about both. Connection?

The Belmonts?

The Connection is fighting Dracula?[/quote]

I'm looking for related last names - not the same last name.

[quote name='evilmax17']Star Wars: Republic Commando?

Boba and Jango Fett. They're 40 years apart? Geeks like Star Wars? Father + Son?[/quote]

[quote name='The_Continental']I'm looking for related last names - not the same last name.

[/quote]

I know technically you are not giving out hints yet, but by related do you mean similar (like McGregory and Gregory) or actually "related" as in to have a relation? Like ____ is the cousin of _____.

EDIT - actually, can't answer that yet ... use your imagination.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='The_Continental']I'm looking for related last names - not the same last name.

[/quote]

I know technically you are not giving out hints yet, but by related do you mean similar (like McGregory and Gregory) or actually "related" as in to have a relation? Like ____ is the cousin of _____.[/quote]

[quote name='The_Continental']EDIT - actually, can't answer that yet ... use your imagination.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='The_Continental']I'm looking for related last names - not the same last name.

[/quote]

I know technically you are not giving out hints yet, but by related do you mean similar (like McGregory and Gregory) or actually "related" as in to have a relation? Like ____ is the cousin of _____.[/quote][/quote]

Gotcha!

EDIT: Whoa! You edited it just as I was responding. I won't reveal you original answer. ;)

And both of these characters are video game characters? (unfamiliar with rules of contest)

Edit: And do they have to be from the same game?

No, these are not necessarily game characters, although they could be.

This is actually very similar to my previous contests, perhaps I should link to those old ones?

[quote name='evilmax17']And both of these characters are video game characters? (unfamiliar with rules of contest)

Edit: And do they have to be from the same game?[/quote]

Thanks! I will eventually give out hints, but I think it may still be too early -

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='The_Continental']EDIT - actually, can't answer that yet ... use your imagination.

[/quote]

I know technically you are not giving out hints yet, but by related do you mean similar (like McGregory and Gregory) or actually "related" as in to have a relation? Like ____ is the cousin of _____.[/quote][/quote]

Gotcha!

EDIT: Whoa! You edited it just as I was responding. I won't reveal you original answer. ;)[/quote]

John Astin, born in 1930, played Gomez Adams in the original Adam's Family. (Geeks might also take interest in that he played Riddler #2 in the original Batman series on a couple of occasions.)

His son, Sean Astin, who was born in 1971, played Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings.

Probably not what you were looking for, but it seemed to fit.

Another piece of Astin trivia is that three generations have worked with Peter Jackson. John in The Frighteners, Sean in LOTR movies, and Sean's real-life daughter Alexandra played the daughter of Samwise in Return of the King.

OMFG you provided a HUGE clue without realizing it.

Remember related last names - not the same last name. Also, these names belong to the characters, not actors.

[quote name='kaw']John Astin, born in 1930, played Gomez Adams in the original Adam's Family. (Geeks might also take interest in that he played Riddler #2 in the original Batman series on a couple of occasions.)

His son, Sean Astin, who was born in 1971, played Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings.

Another piece of Astin trivia is that three generations have worked with Peter Jackson. John in The Frighteners, Sean in LOTR movies, and Sean's real-life daughter Alexandra played the daughter of Samwise in Return of the King.[/quote]

[quote name='The_Continental']OMFG you provided a HUGE clue without realizing it.

Remember related last names - not the same last name. Also, these names belong to the characters, not actors.

[quote name='kaw']John Astin, born in 1930, played Gomez Adams in the original Adam's Family. (Geeks might also take interest in that he played Riddler #2 in the original Batman series on a couple of occasions.)

Another piece of Astin trivia is that three generations have worked with Peter Jackson. John in The Frighteners, Sean in LOTR movies, and Sean's real-life daughter Alexandra played the daughter of Samwise in Return of the King.[/quote][/quote]

Damn!!! I told you Kaw is the man and should be banned from this competition. Now, on to trying to figure out what the HUGE clue is. :whistle2:k

The screen appearances are exactly 41 years apart.

[quote name='bowmanarmy']Fox McCloud from Star Fox
and
Marty McCloud from Back to the Future?[/quote]

How about.... Dick Grayson is Robin, batman's sidekick which was in the tv show in 1966 and Jene Gray from Xmen who will put out another movie around 2006

I'm following Kaw's trail,

I will say John Ashton playing Gomez from the adams family and Raul Julia who played Gomez in the Addams Family Movies. Both Movie Stars, famous but never really had a moment to shine.

Just a guess!

oh I got it, Catwoman. Played by both Eartha Kit in the old TV show and Halle Berry in the movie. Connected by the name Selena Kyle.

or

Julie Newmar and Michelle Phiefer, same as above.
Newmar was the original Catwoman and about 40 years later Catwoman made her return in batman returns. Michelle Phiefer player her in the movie. Connected by the same name Selena Kyle

Damn wait, both of these have at least one actress that has shined, shoot I'm lost.

Remember, the surnames share the same cetegory - they don't actually sound alike at all.

[quote name='bowmanarmy']How about.... Dick Grayson is Robin, batman's sidekick which was in the tv show in 1966 and Jene Gray from Xmen who will put out another movie around 2006[/quote]

Raul Julia shone brightest in Street Fighter!

[quote name='big_squirtle']I'm following Kaw's trail,

I will say John Ashton playing Gomez from the adams family and Raul Julia who played Gomez in the Addams Family Movies. Both Movie Stars, famous but never really had a moment to shine.

Just a guess![/quote]

Is it Clark Kent.
Seperated by 40 years, the original show to the 1980's movie.,

Nevermind I just read above. Back to the drawing board.

:lol: Yeah I'm sure Raul Julia was most proud of that one. LOL

[quote name='big_squirtle']Is it Clark Kent.
Seperated by 40 years, the original show to the 1980's movie.[/quote]

Are you actually reading the hints?

Michael Knight and The Shadow
i think i may be on the right track and have just given hints myself thus openeing up options for others

OMFG - just did a little research on imdb - it appears the second character is now 41 years after the first - I swear it was 40 years on Wednesday!

[quote name='cag1000']Michael Knight and The Shadow
i think i may be on the right track and have just given hints myself thus openeing up options for others[/quote]

So they aren't the same huh I was going to say James Bond because Die Another Day was exactly 40 years from Dr. No, but if it's 41 I'm stumped.

Speaking of Dr. No, how about Miss Moneypenny and Meriadoc Brandybuck. Probably not it, but I figured I'd take a stab at it.

[quote name='shipwreck']Speaking of Dr. No, how about Miss Moneypenny and Meriadoc Brandybuck. Probably not it, but I figured I'd take a stab at it.[/quote]

I thought about the same thing... actually Miss Moneypenny and Alfred Pennyworth. Also I thought it had something to do with Kaw's spelling, so I was debating Grizzly Adams (John Huston) and Morticia Addams (Anjelica Huston). :?

The name, of course.. and the thing about "never having the opportunity to shine"...

what else... geeks likely caring about both... hmmm... they are of opposite genders, if that helps.

[quote name='Backlash']So there is some other connection besides their last names?[/quote]

True - there was a pretty big clue in Kaw's post, but it wasn't the spelling...

Man I really hope Kaw lets someone else win this one.

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='shipwreck']Speaking of Dr. No, how about Miss Moneypenny and Meriadoc Brandybuck. Probably not it, but I figured I'd take a stab at it.[/quote]

I thought about the same thing... actually Miss Moneypenny and Alfred Pennyworth. Also I thought it had something to do with Kaw's spelling, so I was debating Grizzly Adams (John Huston) and Morticia Addams (Anjelica Huston). :?[/quote]

Going out on a limb with this one, I'm going to guess Lee Majors and Steven James Anderson. Lee Majors is the star of the old 70's show "Six Million Dollar Man" playing Col. Steve Austin and Steven James Anderson does "Stone Cold" Steve Austin the pro wrestler. I think the 41 might refer to that if you look up the names on IMDb Lee Majors has the roman numerial 1 next to his name while Stone Cold has a 4. Very random, but a guess.

bread's done
Back