3-PACK Bundle Uncharted + Tomb Raider: Underworld + Mercenaries 2 (PS3) $29.99 - MSRP

Wow, pretty tempted to get this--don't have any of those games and I've been wanting to play Uncharted and Mercs 2 for a while.

As soon as I get my next gift card from E-rewards I'm going to bite on this.

Just my opinion - I'd add the word "and" in the title - I thought you had posted an MSRP deal on three separate games.

Besides that, it's a pretty good deal. Uncharted goes for 30 alone.

Did they fix the problem with the freezing on Mercs 2 when you try to connect to EA's servers?

I had to accept the EA agreement on an older game (Orange Box) before it would let me connect.

Are these 3 new games, wrapped, and complete? Not single cases in generic packing?

I have Uncharted but would pay $30, minus whatever I can get in trade for Uncharted, for the other two games.

yeah, definitely add "AND" - that's a GREAT deal. I actually enjoyed all three of them...Uncharted is worth the price of admission alone, though...

This isn't limited is it? I might have to wait awhile (drained all my 'fun' money for awhile). Glad I never played any of those games (always wanted to play Uncharted and Underworld).
*edit* also it seems all proceeds go to a good cause

[quote name='djricekcn']underworld any good?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a good game if you like adventure type games. But next to Uncharted, it doesn't hold up well in any area (except for boobs). I wish they released the DLC on the PS3 though.

BTW, is this ESA as in "even though you canceled your account, you actually didn't because we said so".

[quote name='djricekcn']underworld any good?[/QUOTE]

Just to give you another opinion - it's decent enough as far as exploration goes. There are some bugs, the camera can be annoying and some of the platforming controls can be frustrating. I haven't played the other two "modern" TR games so I can't compare.

wow.. very very interested in this deal. I have always wanted to play Drake's Fortune. I haven't played the other before either. I will keep this one in mind. Can you pre-order now?

I been wanting to play uncharted, not sure about those two other games haha.

Or maybe I'll just wait till the price gets cheaper for uncharted.

Title is still slightly confusing because it says "MSRP", making it sound like you're posting a sarcastic "deal". Anyway cool good deal I guess if you want any of those.

If we're giving thread title ideas, I think "Uncharted, Tomb Raider: Underworld, and Mercenaries 2 bundle: 29.99 (PS3)" would be the best.

Looks like a good deal to me. I've been waiting to grab TR:U cheap($10ish), and f i didn't already own Uncharted and Mercs (and played them both to death), i'd be all over this.

Uncharted is a fantastic game; i may be in the minority, but i actually liked the single player game more than U2. Mercs is a lot of mindless fun, though buggy as hell. Paid $20 for it early last year, and got my money's worth out of it.

I haven't even played my copy of mercs cause of the EA server issue. Took me a while to even figure out wtf was wrong with it, thought it was a bad disc and almost sent it in to Goozex HQ.

I doubt they even bothered fixing it for this bundle, I'm sure a lot of people sign into PSN automatically and are gonna think they got a bad disc.

Huh, not a bad bundle. Of the three I liked Mercs 2 the best, although it got way too hard and I quit part way through. Still had some fun with it though. One of the better open world games.

[quote name='happydogs']Looks like a good deal to me. I've been waiting to grab TR:U cheap($10ish), and f i didn't already own Uncharted and Mercs (and played them both to death), i'd be all over this.

Uncharted is a fantastic game; i may be in the minority, but i actually liked the single player game more than U2. Mercs is a lot of mindless fun, though buggy as hell. Paid $20 for it early last year, and got my money's worth out of it.[/QUOTE]

TR:U for 360 is 6 bucks at TRU if you can find it. There are plenty of copies at my 2 TRU's couple days ago.

Wow, I might jump on this since I don't own any of the those three games and looks like a decent deal. I hope there will be more bundles like these in the future. Will this be available in-stores, doesn't seem like an online-only offer?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Just to give you another opinion - it's decent enough as far as exploration goes. There are some bugs, the camera can be annoying and some of the platforming controls can be frustrating. I haven't played the other two "modern" TR games so I can't compare.[/QUOTE]This pretty much sums up my experience with Underworld. The camera and controls take away from the game. Missed jumps because of them are quite common. It's a rather disappointing problem because the camera got progressively worse from TR:Legend(the first of the new TR games) to Underworld. Aside from those issues, Underworld is a pretty good game(play it BEFORE Uncharted) and a solid purchase at what equates to $10.

Personally, I believe Legend to be the best game of the Tomb Raider series. The pacing, combat, puzzles, narrative, and exploration were very good. I'd elaborate more, but it's been several years since my last play-through of it so I'm a little foggy on the details of what I liked.

-----

Mercs 2 is glitchy as hell. Like "why did it get released" kind of glitchy. However, when it works, it's a blast to play. $10 is a good price for it.

[quote name='dejeckt']This isn't limited is it? I might have to wait awhile (drained all my 'fun' money for awhile). Glad I never played any of those games (always wanted to play Uncharted and Underworld).
*edit* also it seems all proceeds go to a good cause[/QUOTE]

I think the publishers and charity have agreed that a only a certain number will be produced, so it wont be around forever but it isn't going to be sold out on day one either...in past years, similar bundles lasted a few months, although those bundles were much more focused on kids games than this bundle...With uncharted in there, it might get much more interest that the 360 bundles of the past that had things like fuzion frenzy and games based on animated films cars and open season.

Is Amazon going to carrying this? I'd rather get it from Amazon than Gamestop.

I think I'm gonna get this because it's for a good cause. I already have two of the games and don't really care to play Merc 2 but I can give the games away to relatives.

I've already played both Mercenaries 2(but like Wolfpup I got pissed off at how the difficulty ramped up insanely partway through the game and quit playing it seriously) and Uncharted out of this pack and I wanted to play TR: U, so I might have to grab this and just put the other two games on my trade list or something.

For those wondering Uncharted only has a $6 TIV at Gamestop as of now, so don't expect to get near the $10 per game back on this pack.

FYI: This is also up on Gamestop.com(same company as EBGames): http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=87689

[quote name='Vinny']BTW, is this ESA as in "even though you canceled your account, you actually didn't because we said so".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Vinny, you're thinking of ECA.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought the same thing... ("F*ck those ESA guys!!!") But whoops... wrong acronym... :roll:

So what the f@# is "ESA"? Entertainment Software Association??? Why is that acronym so familiar and yet so foreign? I feel like I should know who they are... :whistle2:#

Seems strange that Gamestop is the only retailer that seems to have this game available for pre-order. Is it an exclusive? I can't find it on anybody else's site, unless it's listed under a different name.

Pretty decent deal, really. One fantastic game, one not-too-bad game, and one game that's pretty terrible but basically free in the bargain.

If anyone purchases and receives this anytime soon can you please post how the games come? I'm wondering if Uncharted is in the red case and if the 3 are shrink wrapped, like new, or what. Thanks!

I can wait to see if this come up in amazon.

Don't feel like waiting for a really long shipping time with saver and paying taxes on these.

Still, it's a pretty nice deal though. I'd very much like to add Uncharted 1 to my permanent collection and had somewhat of an itch to play the other two games so it works out... but I think I'll live if I miss on the deal.

Thanks for the heads up anyway though, OP.

[quote name='nixmahn']TR:U for 360 is 6 bucks at TRU if you can find it. There are plenty of copies at my 2 TRU's couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. My local TRU is kinda dingy and their game selection is watery at best, but it's not far away and that may motivate me to go do some digging.

bread's done
Back