Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KongaKing']FYI it shows RDD for me[/QUOTE]

Really? It doesn't for me (And i haven't ordered one from amazon, i pre ordered at gamestop in store)

OP mentions that it's sold out at Best Buy. That's not necessarily the case. It's sold out online from them, but when I went in yesterday, they probably had 20-30 pre-order cases for the sensor only out. So YMMV at your local stores, if that's the way you want to go.

[quote name='Saberj']OP mentions that it's sold out at Best Buy. That's not necessarily the case. It's sold out online from them, but when I went in yesterday, they probably had 20-30 pre-order cases for the sensor only out. So YMMV at your local stores, if that's the way you want to go.[/QUOTE]

i'm meaning online stores.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']people are buying this ? really ?[/QUOTE]

I hate to poop on people's threads, but I must admit I am quite surprised as well...

MS is probably shorting shipments to make it seem like it will be hard to find in an attempt to boost initial sales.

Thanks OP. Was going to try and go to Kmart after work tomorrow, but this saves me the trouble, plus I had $20 credit from Fable 3 which helps.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']people are buying this ? really ?[/QUOTE]

Something tells me Kinect is going to do pretty well this holiday season -- no doubt MS is pulling out all the stops on promoting it. Last I heard they're spending $400 million advertising it. Most of us won't see those ads since we're not the target.

Clearly, the ads must be working.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I hate to poop on people's threads, but I must admit I am quite surprised as well...

MS is probably shorting shipments to make it seem like it will be hard to find in an attempt to boost initial sales.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure a lot of people aren't buying it just because they think there will be some sort of shortage.

I had it pre-ordered, but after watching stuff on it yesterday on the Xbox dashboard, I cancelled. There is no reason to buy this @ $150 with a crappy game line up.

[quote name='hobbie8046'] MS is probably shorting shipments to make it seem like it will be hard to find in an attempt to boost initial sales.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pjb16']I'm sure a lot of people aren't buying it just because they think there will be some sort of shortage.[/QUOTE]

but you have to admit people want stuff thats hard to find--so if their contemplating buying it -----this may push them over to just go n get it cuz it seems like a very hot item as it seems it selling out everywhere n may be very hard to find

I'd totally jump on one if there was something in the game lineup compelling enough to make me spend $150 + additional games for it.

The only game that seems interesting for me is Dance Central.

It was available at Gamestop.com, just pre-ordered mine there w/ FREE SHIPPING just over 2 hours ago and used $30 worth of credit.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Amazon before release: SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!
Amazon marketplace two weeks after release: 1,045 for sale

:)[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Haha! Yup!

They did that with Dragon Age Origins CE last year, then Mass Effect 2 CE and the PS3 Move Bundle this year.

I hate myself right now...I got in on one. I'll see how I feel about it before it ships. I'm not impressed by it at all and I have no room to play the games. I'm more interested in the technology and "Minority Report" aspect of it all.

[quote name='genfuyung']There are going to be so many sad people.[/QUOTE]
Not really.

I pre-ordered one just in case, but there are already a LOT of bugs/issues/problems people have been experiencing on the 1st batch of Kinect hardware, just like all other Microsoft products i.e. Xbox 360.

Kinect has been suffering from noticeable lag time delays:

LINK:
Late Night talk show host Jimmy Fallon experiencing lag times while previewing Kinect live, TWICE.

After more months and newer versions, it's still not fixed (Oct. 9th - less than 4 weeks before release):

LINK:
Microsoft Kinect system for the Xbox 360 Nick Burton from Rare noted the concerns over lag issues. For him he says that it is “not an issue, at all.” It seems that he has found a solution for these lag times, and that is to plan ahead. What he means by that is simple, if you are playing a hurdle game; you need to be one-step ahead of the game by making the hurdle before you would with a controller.

Really?

Here is one from Complex.com stating that Microsoft is halting game reviews to be released before Kinect (Oct. 20th - 2 weeks before release):

LINK:
Microsoft is attempting to stop reviews of Kinect from surfacing before the controller is released – which many are taking as a sign Microsoft is trying to cover up a sub-standard product.

So much so that Gaming Press who got their copies gets their 360's messed up from all the unnecessary updates (or downdates - if that's a word). Here is the latest update from Joystiq.com (Oct. 28th - 1 week before release):

LINK:
Attempts to play Kinect early can cause headaches, nausea...

Going back to lag times...

Apparently Microsoft is saying it's not the hardware but the software games that are the reasons for the lag (Nov. 2nd - 2 days before release):

LINK:
"Lag times in Kinect are just not a problem with the right filtering algorithms and judicious use of motion input in different situations," NaturalMotion CEO Torsten Reil told the game site. The company says it's already licensed the tech out to "multiple studios." So while the first round or two of Kinect games probably won't let you snatch virtual flies out of the air with a pair of simulated chopsticks, who knows what this sort of middleware and a little applicative ingenuity might yield in a year or two.

Looks like the first batch of games are going to have some noticeable lag times. Also, the first batch of Kinect games may not be as good as we thought, and we may realize the full potential of the hardware in a year or two.

Seems there are still quite a number of issues even just days before the release.

Worse case, willing to wait until an updated bug-free model will be released with hopefully a 2-game bundle or better deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, for those who are kinect bashing, i totally expected it. I mean, this is CAG..

Also, bashing stuff before it comes out is so cool.

It's a sad day for gaming when Kinect being in stock is considered a deal. I thought we were over the Wii days?

[quote name='Jodou']It's a sad day for gaming when Kinect being in stock is considered a deal. I thought we were over the Wii days?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, believe it or not it's actually a deal.. There's that offer where you get the $10 credit, as well as it's actually going to be selling for a lot on ebay so people could easily flip it if they didn't want the sensor.. Some people are actually smart though and want it

[quote name='poker360']Yeah, believe it or not it's actually a deal.. There's that offer where you get the $10 credit, as well as it's actually going to be selling for a lot on ebay so people could easily flip it if they didn't want the sensor.. Some people are actually smart though and want it[/QUOTE]
Not everyone is a prime member though and you only advertise the 'in stock for pre-order' part in the title. How does wanting Kinect make you smart? Lol. . .

To me the coolest thing about Kinect would be the voice control and moving menus with my hands. That's awesome.

[quote name='Jodou']Not everyone is a prime member though and you only advertise the 'in stock' part in the title. How does wanting Kinect make you smart? Lol. . .[/QUOTE]

Well those bashing it are stupid especially because they have never played it.. So those who support it aren't stupid for wanting to try new technology.

Also, kinect stand alone sensor has already jumped to #5 in bestsellers, so if you want it better grab it quick.

Hey, I canceled my pre-order last night so there was at least 1 more ready for release day delivery :D Upon thinking about it I really didn't see anything worthwhile beyond Dance Central and $200 for Dance Central I considered a bit much.

I don't think Microsoft would intentionally short pre-orders. Oprah gave Kinect exposure on her show and that gave it a bump. The good news is that the early reports indicate the technology works, even if the release line up is less than stellar.

I am in for one. I work and have money enough to spend that if this is the worst gaming item to ever be released I guess I will just have to find a way to get over it. I think that the technology is pretty cool and has a lot of potential. Also, I know that both my kids and wife want to bust a move to Dance Central and play with that adorable Tiger on Kinectimals. I admit that if I did not have kids I might wait on buying it, but i do so here we are.

[quote name='poker360']I'm acting like a condescending douchebag in this thread[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Also whoever is changing the tags to minimize criticism is a SAD human being.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, someone is having fun changing my tags. W/e, I'm with Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i did, i figured i'd help you out, tag abusing can get you silence ya know.

[quote name='poker360']Yeah i did, i figured i'd help you out, tag abusing can get you silence ya know.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't aware that normal users can moderate other people's tags. That sounds like abuse in itself.

[quote name='mr_bungle']To me the coolest thing about Kinect would be the voice control and moving menus with my hands. That's awesome.[/QUOTE]

THIS! I don't even want the games!

Sold out? After the E3 show and terrible software lineup, the high price, plus this economy? Even for joe six pack this surprises me, interesting.

I have a kinect already & can honestly tell you it is crazy fun. There is some lag but for the most part it is very responsive. It isn't for everyone though. My gf, mom, & sister all love it, which I think is their targeted audience.

[quote name='dapunisure']I have a kinect already & can honestly tell you it is crazy fun. There is some lag but for the most part it is very responsive. It isn't for everyone though. My gf, mom, & sister all love it, which I think is their targeted audience.[/QUOTE]
How were you able to play it when there's a universal system lock implemented by Microsoft on the Kinect at least in the US?

My friend who works at Gamestop got their floor demo with a restricted Xbox 360, and they can't even demo it.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Kinect has been suffering from noticeable lag time delays:

LINK:
Late Night talk show host Jimmy Fallon experiencing lag times while previewing Kinect live, TWICE.

After more months and newer versions, it's still not fixed (Oct. 9th - less than 4 weeks before release):

LINK:
Microsoft Kinect system for the Xbox 360 Nick Burton from Rare noted the concerns over lag issues. For him he says that it is “not an issue, at all.” It seems that he has found a solution for these lag times, and that is to plan ahead. What he means by that is simple, if you are playing a hurdle game; you need to be one-step ahead of the game by making the hurdle before you would with a controller.

Really?

Here is one from Complex.com stating that Microsoft is halting game reviews to be released before Kinect (Oct. 20th - 2 weeks before release):

LINK:
Microsoft is attempting to stop reviews of Kinect from surfacing before the controller is released – which many are taking as a sign Microsoft is trying to cover up a sub-standard product.

So much so that Gaming Press who got their copies gets their 360's messed up from all the unnecessary updates (or downdates - if that's a word). Here is the latest update from Joystiq.com (Oct. 28th - 1 week before release):

LINK:
Attempts to play Kinect early can cause headaches, nausea...

Going back to lag times...

Apparently Microsoft is saying it's not the hardware but the software games that are the reasons for the lag (Nov. 2nd - 2 days before release):

LINK:
"Lag times in Kinect are just not a problem with the right filtering algorithms and judicious use of motion input in different situations," NaturalMotion CEO Torsten Reil told the game site. The company says it's already licensed the tech out to "multiple studios." So while the first round or two of Kinect games probably won't let you snatch virtual flies out of the air with a pair of simulated chopsticks, who knows what this sort of middleware and a little applicative ingenuity might yield in a year or two.

Looks like the first batch of games are going to have some noticeable lag times. Also, the first batch of Kinect games may not be as good as we thought, and we may realize the full potential of the hardware in a year or two.

Seems there are still quite a number of issues even just days before the release. [/quote]

I've been hearing this too.

Since I got a PS3 Move for basiclly $66, I'm in no rush to purchase another accessory especially one for $150 especially when there are still problems with the software/hardware 2 days before the release.

I can wait once a new model or update is available, with the 2nd batch of fixed games.

[quote name='dapunisure']I have a kinect already & can honestly tell you it is crazy fun. There is some lag but for the most part it is very responsive. It isn't for everyone though. My gf, mom, & sister all love it, which I think is their targeted audience.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's a lot of fun but it's not for everyone. Like Nintendo games, you'll find yourself smiling and not even realizing it.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']How were you able to play it when there's a universal system lock implemented by Microsoft on the Kinect at least in the US?

My friend who works at Gamestop got their floor demo with a restricted Xbox 360, and they can't even demo it.
[/QUOTE]

The update went out yesterday. Didn't it?

bread's done
Back