Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pjb16']Who or what is a "mainstream" gamer?[/QUOTE]
Those who don't necessarily play for the challenge, but as a form of entertainment. That's how I've always viewed it.

[quote name='Jodou']Those who don't necessarily play for the challenge, but as a form of entertainment value. That's how I've always viewed it.[/QUOTE]
Then shouldn't this absolutely appeal to mainstream gamers if they are in it just for entertainment?

[quote name='pjb16']Then shouldn't this absolutely appeal to mainstream gamers if they are in it just for entertainment?[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'm confusing your definition of mainstream with casual. To me, they're one and the same.

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe I'm confusing your definition of mainstream with casual. To me, they're one and the same.[/QUOTE]
It's not my definition, I asked what the other guy's definition of "mainstream" gamer was since he said NOTHING in the launch lineup comes close to appealing to more "mainstream" gamers.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Random question: Do the old camera enhanced games work with Kinect? Example: Viva Pinata 2, you could scan cards.[/QUOTE]

Last I heard Kinect would be backwards compatible with the older camera-based games. It looks like MS has discontinued the Live Vision camera.

I see it as a kind of "casual"/"mainstream"/"hardcore" split. I'm trying not to make value judgements.

Casual=Farmville, yoga, Wii "anything with waggle is good". Usually not willing to learn control schemes and generally think things are just too complicated for them. I'm thinking of people like my sister who bought a Wii just to play Wii Fit, but has no real interest in "video games". I can see where under the right situation she'd think Kinect was a great idea, or if she had kids that Kinect Adventures was just a great thing.

Mainstream and hardcore are more "traditional" console or PC gamers, in my head the difference is in the committment to the game-- hardcores line up for midnight launches of their favorite FPS and then play 24 straight hours. Mainstreams will pick it up in the week/months following launch while it's still popular. Casuals will likely never play that.

I maybe should've picked a different word than "mainstream", I basically mean people who play the same games hardcore gamers tend to play but much more for fun/relaxation than running up achievements or bragging rights... (this is the "traditional" audience Nintendo and now Microsoft are trying to expand)

The Kinect launch really doesn't have anything with strong appeal to those with traditional gaming tastes. Sonic Free Riders is sort of interesting looking, Dance Central definitely does have some appeal-- but are either of those worth $200 to play?

Going to wait a year for this to hit the bargain bin. Seriously I don't see why anyone would pay $200 for a game and kinect when you could just buy a wii with a huge game library and better games.

I also think this is fabricated hype with sell outs. Don't fall for this deceitful marketing. They should be using this time and money to be making our xboxs not RRoD or the next gen xbox.

Also what's up with Joyride?? A year ago this was suppose to be a free downloadable game now its for sale??? wtf???

[quote name='videogamesizfun']also what's up with joyride?? A year ago this was suppose to be a free downloadable game now its for sale??? Wtf???[/quote]
M$ happened.

[quote name='Justin42']I see it as a kind of "casual"/"mainstream"/"hardcore" split. I'm trying not to make value judgements.

Casual=Farmville, yoga, Wii "anything with waggle is good". Usually not willing to learn control schemes and generally think things are just too complicated for them. I'm thinking of people like my sister who bought a Wii just to play Wii Fit, but has no real interest in "video games". I can see where under the right situation she'd think Kinect was a great idea, or if she had kids that Kinect Adventures was just a great thing.

Mainstream and hardcore are more "traditional" console or PC gamers, in my head the difference is in the committment to the game-- hardcores line up for midnight launches of their favorite FPS and then play 24 straight hours. Mainstreams will pick it up in the week/months following launch while it's still popular. Casuals will likely never play that.

I maybe should've picked a different word than "mainstream", I basically mean people who play the same games hardcore gamers tend to play but much more for fun/relaxation than running up achievements or bragging rights... (this is the "traditional" audience Nintendo and now Microsoft are trying to expand)

The Kinect launch really doesn't have anything with strong appeal to those with traditional gaming tastes. Sonic Free Riders is sort of interesting looking, Dance Central definitely does have some appeal-- but are either of those worth $200 to play?[/QUOTE]

Ok, well I can at least understand your stance better now. I go to some midnight launches and play games for 10+ hours straight at times, but I definitely don't play for bragging rights or just to get achievements. I've paid to enter various video game tournaments too (Halo 2+3, SSB, Madden, etc), but never for bragging rights, so I guess I'm a "mainstream" gamer.

yep
i anticipated and waited for joyride to come out as an arcade game. i am sorry, the FREE arcade game that i was promised.

[quote name='VWarrior']The marketing aims to create hype. That hype would build on hype created by perceived high demand and get people that much more "hot" for getting their hands on one A.S.A.P. For example, people probably feel more excited to buy a Kinect now that Amazon has actually stopped taking orders for them.

Like the person above me said, fabricated sellouts do work.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree this has got to be happening to some degree. The Kinect was available for pre-order for many months -- it's not like this was when the PS2 or Gamecube launched and people went crazy for the 5 minute window you had every now and then when Amazon was pre-selling bundles for them. Now, the system is coming out, they're trying to drum up hype and SUDDENLY it's sold out all over the place? I think there is definitely a part of the "Black Friday shopper" mentality that if it's sold out, I'VE GOTTA HAVE IT. And I'm certain it's a part of what we're seeing here.

I'm not trashing the Kinect, in fact I'll be interested in one if the word turns out to be good, but I look at that line-up of games and wonder what people are really excited about.

For those saying there are no casual gamers who have a 360, well I'd be one. We've got a Wii and a 360 (and PS2, Gamecube, N64, GBA, DS and DSi ... oh, and iPhone, which is probably what I play the most just due to portability). No, really that's not right. I like (good) casual games *and* so-called "hardcore" games, and I don't think I'm alone. Kinect does appeal to me, *IF* it works as advertised, but it is expensive and there no real reviews yet either, and that's what's holding me back at the moment. If it takes off, seems to work as advertised, and the games are fun (and yeah, I think Dance Central sounds fun, so let's just say, "if it works as advertised"), I'll probably pony up for it.

[quote name='Apostle22']MS already came out and said they dont expect review scores to reflect on sales....

Honestly, this whole thing reeks of hype. Kinect is aimed at casuals. The 360 is not casual. In fact, you can argue that its the most hardcore of the consoles. I know plenty of casual gamers and not one of them own a 360 or even know what live is, much less pay for it. [/quote]

You are clearly missing the point. MS has stated several times that they view this as a new console launch, and they are treating it such. They're trying to sell more 360's, period. They aren't nearly as interested in selling the Kinect device to existing 360 owners - not during launch anyway.

99.9% of people that might be interested in a 360 or 360's game library already have one. Now, once you realize the truth of that statement, ask yourself "Who out there does not own a 360 yet, and what can we do to get them to buy one??" - When you think about the answer to that question for a while you'll be a lot less confused about what Microsoft is doing.

Now look at these three facts:

-MS has budgeted half a billion dollars to market it (as much or more than planned for the initial launch of the 360)

- Look at where that money is already being spent:
and
. Watch those videos closely. It's obvious Microsoft essentially paid them to peddle Kinect. Notice Oprah didn't give out Kinect, she gave out 360 bundles with Kinect.

- Retailer sources (like Josh in the Kmart thread), and MS themselves have said that the huge push this season is for the 4GB 360 Kinect Bundles. Microsoft manufactured several times more of those than the 250GB bundle (making the 250GB hard to find this season). Retailers are allowed and encouraged to run all kinds of deals with those bundles.

Also, pay attention to every single comercial and print ad you will see this season - I can pretty much guarantee it will always show the BUNDLE, and never just Kinect.

I seriously doubt that the casual fanbase for the 360 is so high that it would create such wild demand for kinect. I cant really see the hardcore base causing the great demand.
The Kinect launch is not for the existing 360 base. At All. It's for potential new 360 owners. Once you realize this, you'll understand why the launch games are what they are.

I'm not bashing the kinect, heck, i'm interested in it too but I am waiting for reviews to see how it turns out. That gamesradar vid made me cancel my preorder because they stated everything i feared about it....Its clunky, there is lag, and its just not as cool as you want to think it is......Oh, BTW, i preordered because I'm a sucker for fabricated sellouts.....
I've seen several sources say the lag is as bad or better than Wii. It got MUCH better in just the last two weeks.

I didn't see the Gamesradar vid before it was pulled, but it sounds like they were trying to stick their Gears of War 2 disc in Kinect and upset it didn't work (metaphorically).

I guess we will find out tomorrow how in demand it is. Kinect has a ton of preorder hype. If its easy to walk into a store tomorrow and get one, you'll see the hype die down fast. The Wii was the perfect example. For 2 freaking years i remember it being a big deal to see a wii in a store. Even though i had no interest in one, it still made me want one just a bit only because they were so hard to find. People always want what they cannot have and that is a very strong marketing tool....

You may be right. These things WILL sell like hotcakes through this Christmas at least, purely due to the massive marketing blitz about to hit us like a tidal wave - which works on most people.

The real question isn't whether Kinect will sell well (it will), it's how Microsoft handles integrating the hardcore gamers and hardcore games with it after the launch blitz (which they are planning to do). How well they handle that is going to be the true measure of success.

But also keep in mind that Kinect isn't just about motion tracking. Just as important is the advanced microphone tech. Use your imagination on how that could be implemented into hardcore games down the road..... Imagine shouting out "M14 - Automatic" to switch weapons and fire modes quickly instead of fumbling with the DPad. Imagine chatting with buddies without a headset. Imagine giving quick commands like "cover me" to your AI partners in Gears 3.

BTW -" Kinect 2" will be integrated into the next console (unless Kinect is a massive failure). The biggest improvement they can (And need) to make on Kinect is it's infrared camera resolution capabilities; the ability to see individual fingers will be HUGE (grab stuff for 'mouse clicks', point stuff, do hand gestures). It wasn't included this time because it would take about 4x more processing power.

I've been intrigued by the Kinect for awhile. I'll probably wait to get one until I get a job (finally done with college!) or Christmas. But after that review, it's something I really have interest in. Do I need one today? Certainly not, but when I have the option to get it without hurting the pocket, it looks like a fun investment :D

[quote name='cRodz']favorite game of all time?
Heavy Rain?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure I can take anything she said after that seriously.

Everyone here is SO EXTREMELY immature holy shit.

The internet is a place where people aren't allowed to have their opinions if it goes against what "everyone" is saying.. What a joke.

Here's some advice: Grow a pair of balls and shut up.

Thanks.

[quote name='poker360']Everyone here is SO EXTREMELY immature holy shit.

The internet is a place where people aren't allowed to have their opinions if it goes against what "everyone" is saying.. What a joke.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sir yes sir Mr. Certified Cheapass that is spending $150 on a camera....:whistle2:#:whistle2:#

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight... on the Internet people are allowed have their opinions until they have one that you don't like. Then they have to grow a pair and shut up. Did I get that right?

[quote name='enforcer2003']So let me get this straight... on the Internet people are allowed have their opinions until they have one that you don't like. Then they have to grow a pair and shut up. Did I get that right?[/QUOTE]

Nah, people just bash mine (and others) opinions for those who are interested and want Kinect. I think it's fine to say nah i just don't want it, but to continuously bash it and others opinions? No thanks... Especially if you haven't even played it!

Not sure why this thing is hard to get all of a suddent. From what I've seen, it's just like Wii and Move, minus the stick in hand with voice controls. All the games are pretty much the same as the competition, except one, Dance Central. This is the only game that truly utilizes the Kinect's features for full body tracking. As the owner of a 360, it's hard to justify the whole thing just for one game. That's $200. However, for the new comers, the 360/Kinect bundle is pretty tempting. You are essentially getting the Kinect for $100. The standalone Kinect is too expensive imo and I will wait for it to drop to at least $100 before making the plunge, for one game, and maybe MS will make a white color Kinect to match the fat white 360s. I already have a Wii and PS3 with Move so all the other Kinect games don't really make a difference. If some store would sell Kinect with Dance Central comes this Black Friday for about $100, I'll pick it up in a heart beat.

Like i said earlier, i seriously doubt these will be hard to get. MS marketing has been pure genius, i must say. Here is what i think they are doing.

Lets say, hypothetically, they have 100 kinects (lets keep the numbers low for this example). You get Oprah and Ellen to rave about your product and tell their mindless legion of fans that this is the hot product for xmas and will be on everyones wishlist. Be sure to get it now! Out of 100 Kinects, MS sends all retailers(lets say there are 5 retailers total) 10 for preorders.

Mrs. Joe Blow, after watching Ellen, Oprah, and the Today Show, gets excited. She doesnt know what the hell it truly is, all she knows is her little Billy has an xbox and he obviously must want one because Oprah said so. She goes online and to game stores and preorders are sold out......GASP! Oh no. What can she do? Mass Hysteria follows and she must find a kinect as soon as possible so her little Billy wont be let down on Xmas morning....

Meanwhile, we as gamers get caught up in the hysteria too.....Some get the greedy bug and get one to sell. Some buy it because they are gadget whores and must have it. Some believe the hype and get it even though they arent sure about it.....but they dont want to be left out just in case......

Now....if MS never creates this "fabricated sellout"....none of the above examples occur.....It will still sell and a fair pace, just like Move, but it will not be the panic it is now....

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']As the owner of a 360, it's hard to justify the whole thing just for one game. That's $200. [/QUOTE]

I'm getting Kinect just for Child of Eden, so to each his own.

[quote name='Apostle22']Like i said earlier, i seriously doubt these will be hard to get. MS marketing has been pure genius, i must say. Here is what i think they are doing.

Lets say, hypothetically, they have 100 kinects (lets keep the numbers low for this example). You get Oprah and Ellen to rave about your product and tell their mindless legion of fans that this is the hot product for xmas and will be on everyones wishlist. Be sure to get it now! Out of 100 Kinects, MS sends all retailers(lets say there are 5 retailers total) 10 for preorders.

Mrs. Joe Blow, after watching Ellen, Oprah, and the Today Show, gets excited. She doesnt know what the hell it truly is, all she knows is her little Billy has an xbox and he obviously must want one because Oprah said so. She goes online and to game stores and preorders are sold out......GASP! Oh no. What can she do? Mass Hysteria follows and she must find a kinect as soon as possible so her little Billy wont be let down on Xmas morning....

Meanwhile, we as gamers get caught up in the hysteria too.....Some get the greedy bug and get one to sell. Some buy it because they are gadget whores and must have it. Some believe the hype and get it even though they arent sure about it.....but they dont want to be left out just in case......

Now....if MS never creates this "fabricated sellout"....none of the above examples occur.....It will still sell and a fair pace, just like Move, but it will not be the panic it is now....[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't the "gadget whores" buy it even without your so called "fabricated sellout"?

I ordered one months ago, it has release day shipping and it doesn't even say shipping soon. I'll be pissed if I don't get it tomorrow.

Wow- nobody I know IRL even cares about the Kinect. Even after reading my fair share about it, it still seems like an upgraded version of the Eyetoy. I can't see this doing well in the long run.

That said, I have to agree that it seems like retailers/Microsoft are trying to make artificial demand by "selling out" of these temporarily. Kind of like a "hey look, other people care enough to buy this to the point where we don't have any left- why don't YOU want it?" thing. Hopefully this doesn't happen with the 3DS, and Nintendo can actually make enough for the demand.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow- nobody I know IRL even cares about the Kinect. Even after reading my fair share about it, it still seems like an upgraded version of the Eyetoy. I can't see this doing well in the long run.[/QUOTE]

When I woke this morning, I went to put all the Kinect games I was interested in on my Goozex wishlist. It really surprised me to only end up in the 15ish spot for most of the games. I'd be far more than 100th in line for other big profile games.

I only picked up the Kinect because I attended the Launch Event in Times Square at the TRU. They gave us Kinect Sports, Kinect Joy Ride, and 1 Year of XBL for Free with purchase. So all of this for $150 was worth waiting on line for about 2 1/2 hours.

Had this deal not been in place....I would have for sure waited. $150 worth of free items that actually are not crap was a good showing on MS part.

My girlfriend wants one really bad for the stupid workout games so I grabbed one when they were back up on Amazon yesterday. I wish there wasn't so much hype so stores would actually have deals on them though!

Most of the Sensors are probably going to bundled, so there's your artificial demand. Retailers and MS would much rather sell a $400 bundle to someone who owns zero xbox 360 games and accessories than sell a $150 sensor to a gamer who already has 20+ games.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Reviews I've read so far aren't all that impressive.[/QUOTE]

all reviews ive read come in as expected-Good reviews- NOT PERFECT-but we all knew that too... Games are averging good reviews too. 7-8.5 for kinect and most games, obviuosly some duds.
what did you expect perfect 10 from all reviewers??? that would be crazy.

There are some people that expect Kinect's reviews to be mind-blowingly revolutionary based on MS's marketing hype, I guess.

Anyone that's been following Kinect for over a year knows what to expect and the reviews are pretty much spot on with what you should have expected.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']what did you expect perfect 10 from all reviewers??? that would be crazy.[/QUOTE]Perfect Dark Zero set the bar too high for launch titles.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Apparently lots of places have them "In Stock".[/QUOTE]

I knew the sellouts were fabricated.....Best buy, target, and walmarts in my town all have them in stock.....

bread's done
Back