Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yuckmouth']I find it incredibly ironic that people complaining about a $150 price tag are also complaining about having a small living room.

Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

That was dumb. And in no way does it indicate their living room is small. You could have a large living room and still not have 8 feet of open space to waggle around in front of their TV. A lot of people have these things called furniture in those spaces.

[quote name='almasy82']If anyone has a kinect wall plug in that they do not need I will pay $20 gifted paypal. They don't come in the system bundles, and microsoft is selling them for $39.99 each. Very lame more microsoft.
This offer is for the people that only have S systems and don't need the wall adapter.[/QUOTE]

if you got the bundle with the 360 slim...you're not supposed to need a power wall plug.

i thought it runs off the 360 through a special port for these new models.

[quote name='guitarguy']if you got the bundle with the 360 slim...you're not supposed to need a power wall plug.

i thought it runs off the 360 through a special port for these new models.[/QUOTE]

It's only a prob for people who also have an older system, or plan on bringing it to a friends house or something. I don't see a prob with them not including it with the console since it wasn't necessary. I imagine this has to affect less than 1% of people buying that bundle

I miss ROB, the zapper, the powerglove, and the powerpad for NES. Or the Sega CD, the Sega 32X, the VMU for the Dreamcast, the Xbox Cam for the 360, the PS Eyetoy for the PS2/3. Or the balance board, the Wii Motion Plus, the connector cable for the Gameboy to the Gamecube, or the Turbo Grafix CD. Hell, if you go portables, you can think of the rumble carts, the printers for Gameboy, or anything else Nintendo and/or Sega dreamed up for you to buy and plug into a handheld.

There are so many to choose from. It's hard to decide which one to compare the Kinect and Move to.

I too concur with the opinion above that the Kinect in this thread is not a deal and should be moved to the console forums. The deals for the Kinect are in the Kmart thread, the Target thread, etc.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I miss ROB, the zapper, the powerglove, and the powerpad for NES. Or the Sega CD, the Sega 32X, the VMU for the Dreamcast, the Xbox Cam for the 360, the PS Eyetoy for the PS2/3. Or the balance board, the Wii Motion Plus, the connector cable for the Gameboy to the Gamecube, or the Turbo Grafix CD. Hell, if you go portables, you can think of the rumble carts, the printers for Gameboy, or anything else Nintendo and/or Sega dreamed up for you to buy and plug into a handheld.

There are so many to choose from. It's hard to decide which one to compare the Kinect and Move to.

I too concur with the opinion above that the Kinect in this thread is not a deal and should be moved to the console forums. The deals for the Kinect are in the Kmart thread, the Target thread, etc.[/QUOTE]

How could you not include the Sega Activator?! It actually used the term "You are the Controller" first before MS claimed it as their own slogan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-UZv3AS-E

[quote name='tightclaws']Please don't speak for most of us, thanks.[/QUOTE]

As someone stated above, find me a bunch of people who have 8-10 feet of nothing in front of their tv.

I'm willing to sell one brand new with free shipping within the US for $230...if anyone is interested lol.

[quote name='mr_bungle']As someone stated above, find me a bunch of people who have 8-10 feet of nothing in front of their tv.

My game room doesn't have anything in front of it. I keep space open so I can setup Rock Band

[quote name='CXK']I'm willing to sell one brand new with free shipping within the US for $230...if anyone is interested lol.[/QUOTE]

GTFO this thread, and find another forum.

[quote name='Yuckmouth']I find it incredibly ironic that people complaining about a $150 price tag are also complaining about having a small living room.

Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

Houses are expensive, ask your parents to explain.

On the other hand, if you're willing to come over and build an addition onto my apartment for $150, I will happily take you up on that offer. Heck, my landlord will be thrilled!

Are these things hard to find for some of you?
I walked into a Target Wed. morning and saw 3 KEEnects near the registers.
I came back after work (8+ hours later), the same 3 KEEnects were sitting there.
They sold maybe 1 KEEnect unit and 1 console bundle from electronics.
And this is a Target visited by El Hoardo and the League of Soccermoms...

[quote name='elcheapo2']Houses are expensive, ask your parents to explain.

On the other hand, if you're willing to come over and build an addition onto my apartment for $150, I will happily take you up on that offer. Heck, my landlord will be thrilled![/QUOTE]

No, no... "on the other hand", I make a lot of money because I went to college, landed a great job and have been doing it for the past 11 years.

I think that most of that is possible because I'm not a "hardcore gamer" and spent my time building a career and not FPSing my way through my 20's.

[quote name='Vader582']Are these things hard to find for some of you?
I came back after work (8+ hours later), the same 3 KEEnects were sitting there.
And this is a Target visited by El Hoardo and the League of Soccermoms...[/QUOTE]

Judging by your experience at your one Target store I guess we can all agree that Kinect is a massive failure. :roll:

[quote name='Yuckmouth']No, no... "on the other hand", I make a lot of money because I went to college, landed a great job and have been doing it for the past 11 years.

I think that most of that is possible because I'm not a "hardcore gamer" and spent my time building a career and not FPSing my way through my 20's.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when you're looking for a house, your entertainment area will be as comfortable as you want it to be based on what you're looking for or what you're taking with you. Therefore, not everyone is going to have 8 feet of free space to play a two player controller free game, mainly because at the time they weren't looking for that. Some people have do other designs in mind. I assume now before looking for a place they have to go 'Oh damn, I have a Kinect. This house is no good.'

And congratulations on having a great job that pays you big bucks because you went to college. In some industries, even people that have such an amazing education are getting almost nothing now due to certain economic downturns. Unless you believe they didn't get a real college education. If that's the case, I guess your point is valid.

And if you think that people complaining about an $150 accessory needing so much space makes them poor SOBs, then you probably should stop visiting a site called 'Cheap Ass Gamer.' A place with opinionated asses looking to spend less on everything, including games.

I don't have a lot of space...about 5 feet and I was able to play it without any issues. Only problem I had was creating a Kinect ID which requires a bit more space. No big deal though as not having one doesn't prevent me from playing, just means I have to manually sign in.

[quote name='Vader582']Are these things hard to find for some of you?
And this is a Target visited by El Hoardo and the League of Soccermoms...[/QUOTE]

My Kmart sold out within minutes of being open. My Best Buy got in dozens and were sold out by early afternoon (mostly preorders). My target said they had all but 2 sold to preorders, and those were gone by noon.

[quote name='Interfeci']Actually, when you're looking for a house, your entertainment area will be as comfortable as you want it to be based on what you're looking for or what you're taking with you. Therefore, not everyone is going to have 8 feet of free space to play a two player controller free game, mainly because at the time they weren't looking for that. Some people have do other designs in mind. I assume now before looking for a place they have to go 'Oh damn, I have a Kinect. This house is no good.'
[/QUOTE]

Again, it depends on the age of the home. The house we purchased 2 years ago had a loft/gameroom (i.e. a giant area). Most new construction has it. 60-70% of the homes we looked at during our search had one. This room provides more than enough room to play it. Like someone said, not everyone lives in a small apartment or in their parent's house.

[quote name='no_exit']I saw plenty of these in Target and Best Buy yesterday[/QUOTE]

Just pointing out the obvious but you do realize it came out YESTERDAY so of course you would have seen some.

I would just like to add that I have 10 feet of gaming space in front of my TV, but that, in no way, makes me wealthy nor more interested in buying the Kinect.

[quote name='psunami']I would just like to add that I have 10 feet of gaming space in front of my TV, but that, in no way, makes me wealthy nor more interested in buying the Kinect.[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause:

[quote name='psunami']I would just like to add that I have 10 feet of gaming space in front of my TV, but that, in no way, makes me wealthy nor more interested in buying the Kinect.[/QUOTE]

You could have a 13" TV on top of 2 milk crates and a stained, sheetless mattress on the floor 10 feet away with a week-old dead hooker off to the side lying in a pile of garbage.

Wouldn't really qualify anyone as rich.

But you'd probably have enough room for a Kinect, which at that point would probably be the least of your desires.

I think most people are going to be quite satisfied with the Kinect. We have to remember that this forum is a cross-section of a very specific type of person: The intense gamer. We are the ones who are scouring the internet searching for the lowest prices and letting everyone know how we feel about the next big thing. We loudly complain while millions of other people are out there enjoying the next simple Mario mini-game collection. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, but let's try to be reasonable here.

From what is coming out of the media, Kinect seems to be a great piece of technology that is having some growing pains with its early software. Will the games get better? Probably. But we won't see the truth for quite a while.

P.S. Please update the title of this thread to show that the Kinect is not in stock at Amazon.

For anyone interested, I have a few Adidas Superstar avatar outfits (that were at NYC launch of Kinect) for trade. I am very reasonable, so just shoot me a PM!

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']You could have a 13" TV on top of 2 milk crates and a stained, sheetless mattress on the floor 10 feet away with a week-old dead hooker off to the side lying in a pile of garbage.

Wouldn't really qualify anyone as rich.

But you'd probably have enough room for a Kinect, which at that point would probably be the least of your desires.[/QUOTE]

She's only unconscious right now... or at least that was her condition when I tied her up so I could go to work.

For some reason, I don't think she's concerned if the room has enough space for the Kinect either.

[quote name='Yuckmouth']Judging by your experience at your one Target store I guess we can all agree that Kinect is a massive failure. :roll:[/QUOTE]
No reason to get your panties in a bunch. I'm just trying to see if the PR numbers are being inflated, which it appears they are...:roll:

[quote name='Pck21']Soooo there was no shortage it seems? Well played MS, you dirty bastards.[/QUOTE]
Sure doesnt seem like it so far. Theyre back in stock again at Amazon right now.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sure doesnt seem like it so far. Theyre back in stock again at Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't it seem kind of odd that they sell a bunch, "sell out" and then a few hours later have "found" more? I was under the impression they weren't making that many of these things.
In my past experience, things that really "sell out" are gone for quite some time before coming back in stock again.
*shrug*

[quote name='sliknik27']We have to remember that this forum is a cross-section of a very specific type of person: The intense gamer. We are the ones who are scouring the internet searching for the lowest prices and letting everyone know how we feel about the next big thing. We loudly complain while millions of other people are out there enjoying the next simple Mario mini-game collection. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, but let's try to be reasonable here.

From what is coming out of the media, Kinect seems to be a great piece of technology that is having some growing pains with its early software. Will the games get better? Probably. But we won't see the truth for quite a while.[/QUOTE] :applause: Well said.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']lol @ people who thought this thing would be hard to find. Haven't you learned anything from the Halo 3 cat helmet BS?[/QUOTE]

or from the PS3 Fat at $600...

[quote name='lordopus99']Just pointing out the obvious but you do realize it came out YESTERDAY so of course you would have seen some.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for wasting your time and pointing out the obvious.

I am very well aware that Kinect was released yesterday. I was simply responding to previous posts like the following:

[quote name='thrustbucket']My Kmart sold out within minutes of being open. My Best Buy got in dozens and were sold out by early afternoon (mostly preorders). My target said they had all but 2 sold to preorders, and those were gone by noon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vader582']Doesn't it seem kind of odd that they sell a bunch, "sell out" and then a few hours later have "found" more? I was under the impression they weren't making that many of these things.
In my past experience, things that really "sell out" are gone for quite some time before coming back in stock again.
*shrug*[/QUOTE]

Whats happening with that is probably canceled orders.....I guarantee you a lot of people are canceling after seeing how much room this thing needs....

[quote name='Yuckmouth']No, no... "on the other hand", I make a lot of money because I went to college, landed a great job and have been doing it for the past 11 years.

I think that most of that is possible because I'm not a "hardcore gamer" and spent my time building a career and not FPSing my way through my 20's.[/QUOTE]

Although College Education tends to be the fastest route out of poverty, it also is one of the ways to stay in middle class slaving for the company.

There are plenty of people that didn't went to college, but instead spent their time building a company that are likely to be considered wealthy. Heck some of the richest people didn't complete college, see Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

Some are also making money playing FPS and then selling their brand name. See case Fata1ity.

For the record, I do have a college education in a relatively desirable field in engineering. Although, sometimes I wish I would have gone for some more lucrative fields such as attorney, pharmacist... but then I would just be miserable at the job every day.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Although College Education tends to be the fastest route out of poverty, it also is one of the ways to stay in middle class slaving for the company.

There are plenty of people that didn't went to college, but instead spent their time building a company that are likely to be considered wealthy. Heck some of the richest people didn't complete college, see Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

Some are also making money playing FPS and then selling their brand name. See case Fata1ity.

For the record, I do have a college education in a relatively desirable field in engineering. Although, sometimes I wish I would have gone for some more lucrative fields such as attorney, pharmacist... but then I would just be miserable at the job every day.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro

Also the Kinect is out of stock at Amazon again

[quote name='gamingdroid']Although College Education tends to be the fastest route out of poverty, it also is one of the ways to stay in middle class slaving for the company.
[/QUOTE]

Invest for Success!

Smartest way to get out of the middle class rat race.

It is irritating seeing people argue over whether something is a waste of money or not when it is not their money, if someone wants to buy something that you may or may not like how does it affect you in the first place? I plan on buying a Kinect when I can afford it, which will probably be after the holiday season anyway, it will something my whole family can play, I could care less what the sales figures are or whether Amazon, Best Buy, or even Microsoft are "inflating" sales figures. If I want one I will buy one, if not I won't. People never seem to get tired of arguing on the internet over gaming hardware, it just clutters the forum and takes attention away from the direction the thread was meant to go in the first place. So back on topic for me, I plan on getting one when I can.

Speaking for myself, I was fine with the first part of this post. You went to college, have a good job, and you make a lot of money. Great.

However, the second part strikes me as being, for a lack of a better word, stupid. I'm in my 20s, I have both undergraduate and graduate degrees, and I have a great job, as well. And guess what? I define myself as being a hardcore gamer. There are plenty of people like myself on these boards and others who like to play games (and a lot of them, in some cases) in our free time. We also like looking for the best deals, not because we're always strapped for cash, but because we simply want to save some money on our purchase, like most consumers in society.

I just get agitated when I hear these assumptions thrown around about hardcore gamers.

[quote name='Vader582']Doesn't it seem kind of odd that they sell a bunch, "sell out" and then a few hours later have "found" more? I was under the impression they weren't making that many of these things.
*shrug*[/QUOTE]
An interesting thought crossed my mind that perhaps due to the limited allocation Amazon is rationing their stock out at certain time intervals. It's a marketing scheme that creates supply & demand, plus it keeps them stocked in case it does sell out online. I'm probably wrong and they're just getting more shipments in, but it's a plausible theory.

Yes, the kinect was a waste of your money person X. Please send it to me and I will dispose of it properly, and completely free of charge.

bread's done
Back