- - - - -

<CAG> WoW Guild - Server: Gurubashi / Faction: Horde / OP update / Endgame Started

#31 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

Blizzard won't let you have "Ass" in the guild name? I have a pair of gloves called: "Gloves of Unmitigated Badassery" which is probably my favorite item name ever.

#32 Ernest_360   Live to Win! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ernest_360

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

All great name suggestions. The more I think about it, the more noteworthy the "shorter" names are. Simple, elegant. Easy for others to remember. I am in favor of the vote for a name of course. But maybe we should start culling the longer names to narrow the list?

What about the guild leader? How will the leader be determined? Should we hold a vote? Or should it be based on who wants to put in the most effort or is the most available, etc?

#33 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Somebody in the other thread mentioned it, but the CAG LOTRO guild is named "Citizens Against Gnomes". That's another good one.

Trying to go for short and catchy, as those tend to be easier to remember. The only random guild name I ever remembered that's in any way long is "Spaceballs The WoW Guild", and that's just because that name rocks hardcore.

Of course, simply naming it CAG, C.A.G. or something to that effect is hard to argue with, and honestly could end this discussion. It's also short, and sounds like a word, making it easier to remember.

As for the guild leader, that might be damn near impossible to decide on. I'd like to say "whoever puts in the most effort", but that's an impossible criteria to judge. I wish Blizzard would make some kind of communal guild leadership system, with a council of leaders and voting for major decisions, but that's just wishful thinking...

#34 teknikalei   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Having never been actively involved in a guild, how important is it to have a set leader? Since we're all part of this community, I think it should be possible to have a communal system like you describe, Jason. I don't have any desire to be leader, but I would like to have some input.

If it's available, I guess I could go for CAG as well, although it'd be fun to have an acronym we could use in correspondence or in this thread even. That's why I like
CatchPenny Arse Guild <---- c'mon guys, it's growing on you, right? **wink wink** lol

As for not being able to use ass or arse - how about using arsenic in the name?

I want to come up with some more name suggestions, but I'm borderline incoherent from lack of sleep. =P~ Hope it doesn't show too much.

#35 AlphaPanda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1702 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

AlphaPanda

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

I figured Strikeratt was going to be the Guild Leader, being the one that started the thread and all that.

These kinds of things never get sorted out easily. Everyone always wants to be the Guild Leader/Officers and get all pissy when they don't.

(I've been in some really whiny and ego-maniacal guilds in the past, can you tell? :P )

#36 teknikalei   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

I'd like to vote for a name with Catchpenny in it, but I'm not too thrilled with the Goomba name. Sorry.

#37 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

Updated the original OP ... vote please :D Sorry if your idea wasn't picked but I tried to accomidate everyone.

Fire - Sounds great man :D

Lawyers - I agree, Blizzard puts it in their stuff but we can't in ours. Kind of lame.

As for the guild leader thing, unless people are very againt it, I figured I'd just start up the guild and invite everyone to it. I want to keep it a communal type of system for a while. If it seems to get out of hand then we can restructure the system. Ranks and such won't matter and everyone will have a say of their own input.

The sooner it starts the sooner we can work on guild levels too. Some nice perks there.

Also if you have started a character your in game name would be mucho appreciated :D

#38 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'd like to vote for a name with Catchpenny in it, but I'm not too thrilled with the Goomba name. Sorry.

It's all good think of something to change it to .. I honestly couldn't think of anything that goes with the word catchpenny after being up since 5 AM

I'd use some of the ones posted but they're either to long, have ass in it, or don't follow the word well definition wise

Edited by strikeratt, 19 December 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#39 Ernest_360   Live to Win! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ernest_360

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

1 Vote for CAG (or a variation of such) - Keep'in it simple.

#40 AlphaPanda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1702 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

AlphaPanda

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

2 votes for CAG.

#41 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Another vote for CAG.

#42 Asmodean   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Asmodean

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

voting for Culling all Gnomes

#43 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

Updated the op. Currently CAG is in the lead. Still waiting on some replies of people who were, or seemed the most interested. I'll send out some pm's if needed.

#44 Wanderlai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

I'd say CAG

#45 teknikalei   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:52 AM

Ok... can't fight the tide - Guess I'll vote for CAG -

Which in my mind will stand for Catchpenny Azeroth Guild ;0)

#46 aznguyen316   Rock Chalk CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aznguyen316

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hey did anyone pick up or do not plan to use the Burning Crusade xpac and wants to get rid of the key for cheap? If so hit me up! I only got the $5 wow classic but I prob should've picked up the bundle for $10.

#47 teknikalei   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

Amidst all this voting and organizing and stuff - does anyone want to do some leveling tonight? I might poke my head in game in a little while.

#48 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

CAG I think will be it lol.

I might be able to get a bc key let me look around this place

#49 Ernest_360   Live to Win! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ernest_360

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Getting close to the Holiday now! We'll see what happens and whether or not I am back in-game!

#50 JetGrindRadioDC   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

JetGrindRadioDC

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

I say CAG too.

And if anyone would be willing to help me i have a 60 day time card I want to sell but I cant post a thread since I'm new to the group (team?). I recently quit WoW and just want of get rid of it haha. $25 for Christmas sale! PM me if you are interested.

#51 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

I think I'm going to pretend CAG stands for "Carne Asada Gang" :P

#52 Ernest_360   Live to Win! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ernest_360

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Maybe "CAG" is the best solution? We can each think of what "CAG" stands for in our own way. Everyone is potentially happy.

#53 elixe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

i used to play on gurubashi horde too bad i switched off that server. anyways i vote CAG as well. good luck guys

#54 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

CAG it is I think lol.

Picking up more people to play. I'll start up the guild and start invites. I need names of characters though to get signatures.

#55 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

Guild is started all ... really need people to give me their in game names so I can invite them though! :D

#56 AlphaPanda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1702 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

AlphaPanda

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

Should have an installation date for internet by Christmas.

The ball's rolling, ladies and gentlemen.

#57 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Have the guild all up and going ... currently it's only my brother and I in it. Hope that some others decide to tell me their WoW names for some invites and such. I'd buy a guild bank and everything if I knew people were going to play. I have the 100g just don't want to spend it if I don't have to :D

#58 Ernest_360   Live to Win! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ernest_360

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

Success! My wife gave me Cata for Xmas. Now I am agonizing over a name to pick. I want to roll Goblin Mage. What do you guys think: Goblee, Hobby, Bingo, or Coinkidink? I cannot decide.

#59 strikeratt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

I'm going to guess Hobby and Bingo are taken so one of the other 2 :D

Also when you're all set and can jump in game please tell me and I'll jump on and invite you right away. Want to get the guild level up to 2 at least

#60 Ernest_360   Live to Win! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ernest_360

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Actually I reserved Hobby and Bingo. My wife and brother think I should roll Bingo. I am leaning toward Hobby.