<CAG> WoW Guild - Server: Gurubashi / Faction: Horde / OP update / Endgame Started

strikeratt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Guild name is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/gurubashi/cag/roster#view=guild-activity!

First off I'd like to congradulate Rawrwarrior for being the first to hit 85. Right now he is currently gearing up for endgame tanking. I'm 83 myself and gearing up for endgame healing too. A few others such as Zumbo, Bingo, and Dubbss are in their 70s and 60s moving up the ladder towards 85 as well.

Just a quick update. I'll post when we start downing Heroic bosses as a guild. Come join us, there's always room for more.

I also want to post a few links for newbies and veterans alike. These should help everyone and if you have any links or information you'd like to share yourself please feel free and I'll add it.

Wowhead - A site with tons of information. Great for if you need help on a quest or item look ups.

Elitest Jerks - A forum that takes your character and breaks it down more towards a science aspect. Great for talent specs and even how to play your character more effectively.

Curse Gaming - Need an addon? This is the place. There's tons of addons and tons are constantly kept up to date with the newest version here. I've been using this site since good ole vanilla days.

WoWWiki - A site with tons of information on things such as areas, classes, races, etc.

Wowpedia - Another site with tons of information.

World of Warcraft - What more can I say, the main WoW site.

Characters ( Toons as others would say :D ):

The ones in green, if you see them on invite them. I never seem to be able to catch them on but I know they do get on.

In Game Name - Race - Class - CAG Name

Strikeratt - Goblin - Priest - Strikeratt
Bingo - Goblin - Mage - Ernest_360
Ferrguruk - Tauren - Shaman - Teknikalei
Kruub - Orc - Mage - Asmodean
Rawrwarrior - Orc - Warrior
Ibzan - Tauren - Paladin - Over Easy
Missplox - Goblin - Shaman - Gden
Ezlek - Troll - Priest - Apushmataha
Mumbo - Goblin - Shaman - Moltres423
Wumbo - Goblin - Mage - AlphaPanda
Zumbo - Orc - Hunter - Lexian
Globluth - Goblin - Warrior - JasonTerminator
Kilger - Troll - Druid - Kilger

Phaka - Tauren - Warrior
Iluvtosploog - Tauren - Hunter
Dubbss - Tauren - Paladin
Grulock - (someone posted they started a character with this name ... now I can't find the post heh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations - you've just recruited your first noob! lol

As I said in the other thread - I rolled a Tauren Shaman. Name: Ferrguruk

Hope to meet some of you guys in game soon.

For the OP, I would suggest that we post a schedule of when most of us will be available.

I'm sure most of us will be fairly busy for the holidays, but I will try to make time for the new guild whenever I can.

Cya!

Hey guys- just a few notes about Gurubashi PVP since I helped start the discussion on the other thread.

World PVP and Battlegrounds - Horde almost always wins every PVP battle, hands down. It's glorious. As far as world PvP, in my brother-in-law's experience there were a few times that ganking was a problem. But it was mainly in South Shore, Stranglethorn Vale, and Hellfire Peninsula with the occasional grief in Icecrown. However, this was all before Cata. I really do not think it will be a problem, especially if we have a good guild that doesn't mind helping someone out.

In fact, nothing was better then when someone logged in to a Horde city and said, "The Allies are pwning my alt in South Shore!!!" I am not joking, many Horde chars would jump on their main and roll out to put down the Alliance for the ganking offense. It is sort of like a past time on that server. There are many Alliance players that do provide a challenge, but the Horde loves to respond.

Brazilians- Yes, there is a group of Brazilian players that have rolled Horde on Gurubashi. But the overwhelming spoken language on this server is English. It is still a US Pacific Coast server, so no worries there. Occasionally there will be a guild channel message or trade post among Brazilians, but it is not a factor.

Crap- I really want to be a founding member and help run the guild but will not be able to log in until Christmas. This is *assuming, knock on wood* that my family picked up on the fact that I would love to get Cata as a gift. =X

My availability would probably be in the early/late afternoons and any time after 10:00pm to 1:00am on weeknights. I am definitely interested in guild progression and the guild achievements.

I think some kind of variation on CAG would be great.

CheapAssGuild

CheapAssGuildies

CheapAssGankers

CheapAssGanking

I, personally, prefer the last two.

**EDIT** More names:

CAGamers

CAGuild

CAGuildies

CAGers

[quote name='Ernest_360']Hey guys- just a few notes about Gurubashi PVP since I helped start the discussion on the other thread....
Crap- I really want to be a founding member and help run the guild but will not be able to log in until Christmas. This is *assuming, knock on wood* that my family picked up on the fact that I would love to get Cata as a gift. =X

[/quote]

Thanks for the rundown on Gurubashi. Sounds like it'll be enjoyable, at least more than I thought. It's nice to know the Horde has each other's backs. ;)

Re: your Christmas "wish" - Do you have a WoW acct right now? Since we're rolling new characters, isn't it possible for you to play with fellow members quite a bit with your current account until you actually receive Cataclysm for Christmas?

I wish I had known about this guild forming sooner, I would have picked up an extra copy of Cata last week at Kmart. With the $15 coupon they were giving out, it would have been worth it to guarantee you got that "charter" status. I still might, if you think you can send me gift certs and/or cash after Christmas. Maybe you could just ask your parents/family for that? If it's that important to you to get in on the "ground floor", I'd be willing to help a fellow CAG out. Just a thought.

[quote name='Ernest_360']
My availability would probably be in the early/late afternoons and any time after 10:00pm to 1:00am on weeknights. I am definitely interested in guild progression and the guild achievements.

I think some kind of variation on CAG would be great.

CheapAssGuild

CheapAssGuildies

CheapAssGankers

CheapAssGanking

I, personally, prefer the last two.

**EDIT** More names:

CAGamers

CAGuild

CAGuildies

CAGers[/QUOTE]

Lots of cool name suggestions - I think I like CheapAssGankers best.

By the way - is anyone up this late/early on a regular basis? I am usually up for a couple of hours around this time, and it'd be fun to hook up with someone in game every so often. I work swing shift and usually get off around 2 am (pacific).

I know it's a long shot, but a fair amount of gamers are night owls, right?

My more "normal" hours are most afternoons, say 2 to 5, depending on what errands I have to run.

Don't worry I've been paying attention to everyone who helped set this guild up and will make sure they're at least founding members :D

That's a good list of names. Keep up the name ideas guys because I'll put them in the OP and we can vote on them.

As for times I'm available, it varies day by day. I work at 6am on weekends but I may be able to play at work because there's nothing to do on weekends, if the wifi allows that much bandwith through.

Loaded up the Battlechest and patches on my 2nd pc for my son so we will both be good to go. No idea what kind of characters to go with yet though. My goal will be DK since I like to tank in games. My son though prefers ranged weapons so he may prefer a hunter.

I wouldnt do anything with ganking in the title it will just get us targeted. So far I like the simple CheapAssGuild name. I like Crimson Alliance Guild but we are playing Horde.

I unfortunately will not be able to log on until tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm rolling yet, but it will not be a rogue or a warrior.

My normal time is generally weekends and occasionally an hour or two during the weekdays.

My name suggestion: Cheap Ass Gurubashians.

I'll definitely join. I'll figure out a character tonight. I'll definitely be a goblin. Love the goblin.

If we go with a CAG theme for the guild name, I'd keep "cheap ass" out of it, but use alternate words to get the desired acronym. In this instance, I like "Culling all Gnomes."

Otherwise, I've always wanted to start a guild called "Barrens Border Patrol" :)

I'm definitely in for some CAG guild awesomeness. As soon as I start paying for playing time I'll be sure to hit you guys up for some goodness. Thats if you guys want me there:lol:

I liked Culling All Gnomes as well.

As for my character, I'm still undecided. Might go with a goblin, but I just went through the goblin starting area last week, so I'm thinking about trolls also. And the class, no idea.

Frugal Posteriored Warlords

I'd love to join you all but I just rerolled on a different server with some friends. Gurubashi was the first server I played on, back on an oooooold account in Vanilla.

I dunno if it would be frowned upon to use the same name, but in LOTRO we're "Citizens Against Gnomes".

By the way, is WoW any good? I never played it.

Wander - I wondered the same thing... I believe it's just because Gnomes are Alliance.

But what do I know, I'm a noooob. :cool:

I was just playing for a bit... almost to lvl 10 I think. I like that I can actually take on more than one enemy at a time now. Used to be a guaranteed trip to spirit world. I guess I'm making progress... yay.

Hydro, I like your idea, I was thinking of using a synonym for Cheap also, but looking thru a thesaurus, "Catchpenny" caught my eye.

Catchpenny Bottom Guild?

If anything, Imma make a character called Catchpenny - he'll be the treasurer or something. heh.

Wander - DKs are the all the same, just racial abilities affect them. They aren't affected by other characters though

I'm going to play a bit before bed so I'm jumping on now. I'll update the OP tomorrow morning at work since I'll have nothing else to do :D

Once I get the internet situation sorted (Going on a year and a half now of this bullshit), I'll most likely be firing up the ol' WoW subscription and would be glad to join the guild.

I'll hopefully be getting Cataclysm at some point relatively soon with Christmas coming up, and will probably hop on the ol' Goblin bandwagon. "Cheap Ass" and goblins being greedy sons of bitches goes together nicely.

As for a guild name...eh, screw it, Culling All Gnomes sounds cool. "Calling All Goblins" just came to mind for some reason as well.

I'm officially jealous that I've never come across the word Catchpenny. That word just sounds...right.

P.S. Can we all agree to keep the ego down to a minimum? Nothing I hate more, especially in WoW, than a guy who acts like an ass when he's the tank of a raid/is just bossing people around when he has already done something. There's enough of that crap in WoW already.

I do have an account, but it is currently inactive mainly because I had no one to play with last summer. I used to play with my wife and brother-in-law but they moved on to other games. My family knows I am interested in Cata, hence my hope for it as a holiday gift, but it will all come down to the 24th when we exchange gifts.

True, I could re-activate and log in without Cata, but I think it might ruin the gift-giving fun. Thus, I am sidelined for one more week even though I would really, really like to be out there with everyone right now helping to form the guild in-game.

I honestly wish all this would have started rolling a week from now (when I hope to have my account active again), but its great that there is so much interest from CAG for a WoW Guild. I cannot be selfish-- if I am not a founding member, but if/when I do join I am very interested in being a contributor. I have never been in a guild before, so I am hoping for a good experience.

When I played last summer, I would PUG as a tank. It got old pretty fast, so running dungeons/heroics with a dedicated group of good folks is what I am hoping for. I do my research and know the fights. I even tried healing but found it was too difficult for me, so now I just focus on the dps/tank classes.

Anyway, with that said, I would love to join you guys as a founding member in about a week, or a dedicated member if things start rolling before I get the chance to log in.

Thanks for the offer of help though. I honestly could log in right now, but I do not want to spoil any holiday fun, if that makes sense. (Fingers crossed)

I like all the guild name suggestions, but there already are a few iterations of punting gnomes (now that I think about it) or what not out there already, fun as that name is.

Catchpenny has really grown on me. I am certain that no other guild out there has that name, making it unique. I am just trying to think of a few more spins on it (and other ideas) as suggestions for the vote.

Catchpenny Associate Gamers

How's the whole Officers and all that jazz going to be decided? Will there be higher ranks?

Having the Guild Leader, and then everyone be the same rank seems pleasant.

I think 24 characters is the limit. Maybe 30 with spaces? It was sketchy for me to get exact details as well an the character length for a guild name. One way to check would be to use the armory. Just do a guild name search and see what the longest name is.

Thinking about character usage, we could probably just do something like this:

or maybe even C.A.G. if we wanted to keep it simple for the guild name. I agree that Bliz probably won't let us use "ass" because of restrictions.

Usually a hierarchy isn't needed as much when a guild first starts out-- I am guessing. With more members though, organization will be needed. I am not sure how to proceed on this. I think part of it will be determined by playing time as well.

Striker, you're not the only one that lost a post - CAG must have been down for at least 2 or 3 hours this morning, and the outage started right after I hit POST.

Anyhoo - I'm glad Ernest likes Catchpenny, and I'm sorry Jason doesn't like it. Maybe it'll grow on you? lol.

Instead of ass, how about we use ARSE? That probably wouldn't be too objectionable to Bliz

Catchpenny Arse Guild

A guild name can only be 24 characters long including spaces, just checked it out in game. So a lot of the suggestions I don't think we can use. I'm going to cook dinner and come back, maybe someone would have seen my post and added some more suggestions? :D I'll post what we have in the OP at that point though.

Can't have "ass" or "arse" in it Blizzard won't allow it.

Alpha - We will probably stick with just a guild leader and members to start. Than as time goes on and we hopefully get closer to some end game content we will assign others to other jobs if deemed nessecary. :D

Also just for an idea to some who plan on playing but haven't booted up WoW in a while. I suggest just boot it up in the launcher and let it download the updates. Even after installing CAT it needed to download forever and a day.

How about CAGpenny Guild? heh.

That's good advice about booting up the launcher, striker. I made the mistake of thinking I was going to poke around in the game after a couple month hiatus, only to discover that I had to DL 5.7 GB just to get the game back up and running - not how I was planning on spending my evening. But I put a giant pot of water on so I could watch it boil and made a night of it... heh.

Cheap Azeroth Gamers

Subbed after being gone for almost a year. Will create a new toon sometime this week and send a tell.

All great name suggestions. The more I think about it, the more noteworthy the "shorter" names are. Simple, elegant. Easy for others to remember. I am in favor of the vote for a name of course. But maybe we should start culling the longer names to narrow the list?

What about the guild leader? How will the leader be determined? Should we hold a vote? Or should it be based on who wants to put in the most effort or is the most available, etc?

Somebody in the other thread mentioned it, but the CAG LOTRO guild is named "Citizens Against Gnomes". That's another good one.

Trying to go for short and catchy, as those tend to be easier to remember. The only random guild name I ever remembered that's in any way long is "Spaceballs The WoW Guild", and that's just because that name rocks hardcore.

Of course, simply naming it CAG, C.A.G. or something to that effect is hard to argue with, and honestly could end this discussion. It's also short, and sounds like a word, making it easier to remember.

As for the guild leader, that might be damn near impossible to decide on. I'd like to say "whoever puts in the most effort", but that's an impossible criteria to judge. I wish Blizzard would make some kind of communal guild leadership system, with a council of leaders and voting for major decisions, but that's just wishful thinking...

Having never been actively involved in a guild, how important is it to have a set leader? Since we're all part of this community, I think it should be possible to have a communal system like you describe, Jason. I don't have any desire to be leader, but I would like to have some input.

If it's available, I guess I could go for CAG as well, although it'd be fun to have an acronym we could use in correspondence or in this thread even. That's why I like
CatchPenny Arse Guild

I figured Strikeratt was going to be the Guild Leader, being the one that started the thread and all that.

These kinds of things never get sorted out easily. Everyone always wants to be the Guild Leader/Officers and get all pissy when they don't.

(I've been in some really whiny and ego-maniacal guilds in the past, can you tell? :p )

Updated the original OP ... vote please :D Sorry if your idea wasn't picked but I tried to accomidate everyone.

Fire - Sounds great man :D

Lawyers - I agree, Blizzard puts it in their stuff but we can't in ours. Kind of lame.

As for the guild leader thing, unless people are very againt it, I figured I'd just start up the guild and invite everyone to it. I want to keep it a communal type of system for a while. If it seems to get out of hand then we can restructure the system. Ranks and such won't matter and everyone will have a say of their own input.

The sooner it starts the sooner we can work on guild levels too. Some nice perks there.

Also if you have started a character your in game name would be mucho appreciated :D

[quote name='teknikalei']I'd like to vote for a name with Catchpenny in it, but I'm not too thrilled with the Goomba name. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

It's all good think of something to change it to .. I honestly couldn't think of anything that goes with the word catchpenny after being up since 5 AM

I'd use some of the ones posted but they're either to long, have ass in it, or don't follow the word well definition wise

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the op. Currently CAG is in the lead. Still waiting on some replies of people who were, or seemed the most interested. I'll send out some pm's if needed.

Hey did anyone pick up or do not plan to use the Burning Crusade xpac and wants to get rid of the key for cheap? If so hit me up! I only got the $5 wow classic but I prob should've picked up the bundle for $10.

Amidst all this voting and organizing and stuff - does anyone want to do some leveling tonight? I might poke my head in game in a little while.

bread's done
Back