<CAG> WoW Guild - Server: Gurubashi / Faction: Horde / OP update / Endgame Started

I have to head out for a bit today, but I'll be back on later. Probably 7 or so, EST. Can all members invite? Not sure how to contact Push to let him know i'm ready to make Wumbo. (I'm currently on a Scroll of Resurrection, but I'll most likely pick up a card tomorrow).

Finally, after a year and a half, got internet yesterday. Took long enough.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I have to head out for a bit today, but I'll be back on later. Probably 7 or so, EST. Can all members invite? Not sure how to contact Push to let him know i'm ready to make Wumbo. (I'm currently on a Scroll of Resurrection, but I'll most likely pick up a card tomorrow).

Finally, after a year and a half, got internet yesterday. Took long enough.[/QUOTE]

I have it set up so pretty much everyone can invite.

As for push, he's been in game quite a bit these last couple of days. I'll tell him your looking at starting your character :D

I'll get on as soon as I can. I'm not able to log into my account right now. I'm looking around the WoW forums right now to see if there's a solution.

edit: Just found out it's a Blizzard server issue.

[quote name='Apushmataha']I'll get on as soon as I can. I'm not able to log into my account right now. I'm looking around the WoW forums right now to see if there's a solution.

edit: Just found out it's a Blizzard server issue.[/QUOTE]

Same here ... kind of sucks to because I was flying to Org to turn in my Metzen quest which won't be available tomorrow :(

Geez, I finally got logged in as of 12:20 CST. I'll be on most of the night, so if anyone needs anything, just send Ezlek a tell.

Glad to see this thing coming together. Sorry I was AWOL for a while (family visiting for holidays), but I plan to play a good bit this week. I would dearly like to stay within 20 or so levels of some of you vets.

I'm a Tauren Shaman, so I was thinking I could be a healer. I'll be leaning on you guys a lot because as I said before, I am the NOOBest of the noobs. I like to think I'll catch on quick. **crossing hooves**

Seeya round.

Once you get the ball rolling, learning's easy. Learning curve really isn't that bad, especially now. Game has gotten a lot easier over the years.

Alrighty, rolled a Goblin Warrior named Gobluth. (Yes, it's an Arrested Development reference. And yes, a mage would have been better, if I didn't already have a mage named Tonywonder.)

Just got him to level 5, right at the beginning of The Lost Isles area. Once again, I've got TONS of other games to play from holiday sales, especially the steam sale, so it might take me a while to level him, so don't expect too much at the moment.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Any veteran WoW players here? What's the feel of the current game right now? I quit a year ago because the game was just becoming a casual's paradise and there really was no incentive to play anymore. When you can create a guild from scratch and be in the top 10 on the server within a month, you have a problem. Not to mention a horrible community too focused on DPS meters and gear level to do anything else.

Is there something there for more serious players, that kind of separates the men from the boys?

My friends are jumping back in, just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.[/QUOTE]I was a two year veteran from launch and quit shortly after TBC, so I missed the casual craze but Cata has much more of a non-drooler feel again. Heroics are challenging if you don't know how to play your class or aren't geared/spec'd correctly, but are overall pretty easy. There's also no more body-pulling there without CC unless your tank is geared from T11 raids.

Baradin Hold is akin to how Onyxia was minus all the bullshit fire res gear, but it's a great fight to see where you're at gear-wise and if you need to improve your hit/DPS. I push 17K DPS on that fight now as a Worgen assassination rogue, but 10K is nominal for starters.

The two raids are Twilight Bastion and Throne of the Four Winds, with the latter being the easier of the two. I've been to TotFW once so far, but my gear wasn't up to par at the time despite having a tank/healing failure. It's not so much that the fights are tough, but more so a real need for proper gear. If you're a good player, you will find the fights engaging but if you have droolcup trash playing with you it makes the fights impossible.

TLDR, find 9 good players to raid with and you'll enjoy the expansion. Everyone needs to be on the ball if you want to raid successfully and it will make learning the fights fun. DPS meters are still important, but only because some fights do require a certain level of output. Enrage is a factor in BH after 6 minutes, so you can't be fucking off. Guilds will not be in the top 10 after a month unless they have the skilled players to pull it off.

On a side note: do we have any theorycrafters here who play a rogue? Would be fun to shoot the shit about the class for min/maxing.

[quote name='dwlong']Hey guys- just a few notes about Gurubashi PVP since I helped start the discussion on the other thread.[/QUOTE]

As in what it's like? Well I can tell you up to level 53 or so you really don't get ganked much. I've been ganked once and pvp'd in the world twice at this point. None of which I initiated. If you're looking to pvp though you can find it that's for sure.

Just saw your post grenade ... adding you as soon as I see you in game.

It's going well by the way guys and gals. We have 2 players 60+ and a few players 40+ or close to it. Come join the fun :D

Hope your roster isn't looking too melee heavy, because you'll be in for a rude awakening at 85 for heroics/raids. Ret pallies have it the worst because they're simply not viable DPS due to lack of itemization (PvP gear is mostly BiS) and consistent damage output is low by comparison. Rogues and warriors are doing extremely well, but expect to be sidelined if you have more than one in a raid and are #2 in DPS to them. DK's should just stick to aoe tanking and with the upcoming nerfs to druid bleeds, you're better off being a MT or healer TBH. Anything ranged is in high demand right now, except huntards who can't trap properly or are anything but survival.

Just something to keep in mind if you want to eventually raid when picking your class.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Oh man. The Worgen quests are sooooo much better than the Goblin quests.

It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

All lies. The worgen quests are FASTER than the goblin quests, but the goblin ones are much, much more fun.

The Worgen quests involved a lot of walking.

The Goblin quests involved a lot of driving.

I prefer driving...in a hot rod.

Hey all! Long time no post due to browser problems ... any browser heh. There's a good core of us still leveling up. A couple 50s, couple 60s, and a couple 70s. Healer / Tank combo in the 70s so if anyone wants to join us could use some more DPS actually, and of course more healers and tanks are always welcome :D.

Planning on a big update to the OP. We have another bank tab open and thinking about getting a third one here soon. Going to post a few guides too and great sites for new players and veterans alike. Great tips such as class specing and how to kill 100,000 critters as a guild in a hour.

Going back in to level :D

Sorry to be MIA from the guild. My desktop's power supply is down, and I have to use my laptop these days. I could still play on it, but the conditions would not be ideal. I'm looking to replace the power supply, but it looks like it will be a lot of work since it's a Dell.

Glad to hear the guild is going well. :)

I'm sorry i've been MIA from the guild as well. A buddy of mine recently got back into WoW, so I've been leveling with him. I'll probably get going on Wumbo on the downtime between our sessions.

Anyone know whether you can get Cata without having WOTLK? He only has Vanilla and TBC at the moment, and doesn't have the funds for WOTLK, Cata and a 2-month card.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'm sorry i've been MIA from the guild as well. A buddy of mine recently got back into WoW, so I've been leveling with him. I'll probably get going on Wumbo on the downtime between our sessions.

Anyone know whether you can get Cata without having WOTLK? He only has Vanilla and TBC at the moment, and doesn't have the funds for WOTLK, Cata and a 2-month card.[/QUOTE]

No, you need Wrath.

Aaaand my buddy just stopped playing WoW, again, because his chick told him he "acts different" when he plays. And he just goes right along.

Whatever. Back to Gurubashi I go.

I have been leveling my mage for the CAG guild and am getting close to the WOTLK content. I wish this would go faster so I could get to Cata!

[quote name='kamui34']get a hold of the heirloom gear. It's such a breeze to level these days.[/QUOTE]
And pick up mining/herbalism for your professions. Save them on a bank alt for w/e final professions you choose and AH the rest. Since I came back, I was able to level my alchemist and JC alt exclusively from farming; 60-80 so far. It's retarded how fast you can level them with 25% exp bonus from BOA gear and rested exp. 70-80 you get about 6k exp from each node, which can be a level every 30 minutes if you farm the right spots.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Why let a bunch of Brazilians deter you from a server?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter much now with LFD system I guess, but if the player base is Brazilian and the server is associated with Brazilians whose primarily language is Portuguese why would I join if I am unable to communicate?

This isn't an FF mmo where cross language barriers are attempted to be broken with an in game translation system.

Hey, I'm interested in joining, because I've always wanted to play Horde.

Can't say it'll be my main focus, as I play with friends on Alliance (Azuremyst Server), but I'll definitely join.

The server is American, the primary language is English. While the BRs make a strong showing, they limit Portuguese to guild recruitment and the occasional trade channel request. Its never been a problem nor do I foresee it ever being one.

[quote name='Seventh']My question still isn't answered. From those who ultimately decided on this server just curious.[/QUOTE] I suggested the server because I had played on it before. The players on the server for Horde are usually very skilled and in the large battle grounds the Horde almost always wins. Wouldn't you want to be on a Horde PVP server where your own faction controls most of the nodes and wins most of the battlegrounds? That was part of the thought process behind it. We were trying to select a server and faction and everyone had all sorts of preferences-- we felt like we would never actually start a guild unless we could make a quick decision. I made a suggestion and we seemed to run with it.

Hey I just got into this game but my main is on another server (not moving him). If you guys wanna let me join on an alt I will. I'm new to pvp, but probally will make a Goblin Warlock on this server.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Hey I just got into this game but my main is on another server (not moving him). If you guys wanna let me join on an alt I will. I'm new to pvp, but probally will make a Goblin Warlock on this server.[/QUOTE] By all means, please join us! One of us is generally on to add people at any given time. After you make your character let us know the name so we can add you. My char name's Bingo.

Wow it's been a while since I've been on here lol. Anyways yea anyone is welcome to join.

It's going well btw guys. A few of us are geared with / for heroics and there's some geared for raiding too. :D

Getting back on to play myself

Well for the second time, a buddy bailed on me in WoW. Every time I try and play this game, I get a friend or two who get bored with the game and I'm all by myself lol. I'm only a level 16, but would it be possible for me to join you all? I don't play often and just quest since I don't know what else to do.

i made a DK on this server i probably wont play on him to often since i have my own guild on earthen ring but i'd like to join the cag guild not sure when i'll be online but my character name is Death but with those funny little characters lol probably be easiest to add my battle.net id so i can whisper your toon and you can shift click my name to invite me lol my battle.net id is [email protected]

btw if any of you have a toon on Earthen Ring or create one feel free to add my battle.net id if you want an invite to my guild the FKC

bread's done
Back