<CAG> WoW Guild - Server: Gurubashi / Faction: Horde / OP update / Endgame Started

[quote name='Pck21']Well for the second time, a buddy bailed on me in WoW. Every time I try and play this game, I get a friend or two who get bored with the game and I'm all by myself lol. I'm only a level 16, but would it be possible for me to join you all? I don't play often and just quest since I don't know what else to do.[/QUOTE] Please join us by all means! I just finished questing to 85 and the CAG guild has been great about helping me gear up for end-game instances. We have a few perks unlocked too, faster mount speed and experience points. It truly has been a lot of fun. Please message me, "Bingo" in game. Or "Strikeratt" or "Rawrwarrior." "Dubbss" and "Zumbo" are often logged in as well. We are on Gurubashi (US) PVP server.

[quote name='LaithBSoul kun']i made a DK on this server i probably wont play on him to often since i have my own guild on earthen ring but i'd like to join the cag guild not sure when i'll be online but my character name is Death but with those funny little characters lol probably be easiest to add my battle.net id so i can whisper your toon and you can shift click my name to invite me lol my battle.net id is [email protected]

btw if any of you have a toon on Earthen Ring or create one feel free to add my battle.net id if you want an invite to my guild the FKC[/QUOTE] Laith, I added your battlenet ID. If I see your DK on, I will throw you an invite. My toon's name is "Bingo" - level 85 Frost Mage. Hope to see you in-game!

I'm currently playing on Stormrage with my brother...

But getting to 85 is a joke these days, it seems. My newest character, A tauren warrior, is already level 43 after 27 hours played.

[quote name='redshadow']I'm currently playing on Stormrage with my brother...

But getting to 85 is a joke these days, it seems. My newest character, A tauren warrior, is already level 43 after 27 hours played.[/QUOTE] With heirlooms and Guild Perks...absolutely it can be a fast march to 85. In fact, you can often outpace yourself in a certain zone and all the quests there go green, long before you are even close to finishing.

Personally, I think it is a good thing. The cata quests are great...straight to the point and on to the next hub. I remember leveling my Paladin 80 in the twilight days of WOTLK was a pain in the ass, especially taking the taxi back and forth between the two continents. Now it can be done so quickly.

I still enjoy it though. It's fun to try multiple characters and to see more of the whole story from different perspectives.

I recently came back to the game, but I'm playing on Galakrond with a RL friend in his tiny, family guild. I'm enjoying the new Undead quest line.

So, Blizzard announced today that they will be offering a premium service that will allow you to invite your Real ID friends into cross realm instances together (same faction, of course). And not everyone needs to pay for the service--only the person sending the invite.

How many CAGers are interested in this?

Well yeah, now that leveling is a joke you can do the grind in a matter of days.

Looks like you guys lasted about as long as our guild, except we had cleared all content. Blizzard really dropped the ball on saying 'we weren't ready for Firelands yet' and then doing a 180 when they suddenly lost 600k subs lol. If they had released Firelands with 4.1 like they said they were going to, I think we might have still played for a while longer. Truthfully, it's for the best that I quit last month with summer here now and plenty of games to catch up on.

[quote name='Jodou']Well yeah, now that leveling is a joke you can do the grind in a matter of days.

Looks like you guys lasted about as long as our guild, except we had cleared all content. Blizzard really dropped the ball on saying 'we weren't ready for Firelands yet' and then doing a 180 when they suddenly lost 600k subs lol. If they had released Firelands with 4.1 like they said they were going to, I think we might have still played for a while longer. Truthfully, it's for the best that I quit last month with summer here now and plenty of games to catch up on.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. My guild is all ready to go beast mode on Firelands, Tuesday can't come fast enough.

The problem with the game right now is the guild leveling system imo. Everyone wants to be in a guild that has tons of perks and options. Why, because people are lazy and don't want to try to do anything unless it's short. We would recruit for weeks on end and constantly get tells asking what guild level are you?

When all in all wtf does it matter because we would be geared up way faster than any guild level could even get you. Guild levels destroys the option of even thinking of starting a newer guild unless it's a decent size group of friends and such to join you initially.

The guild levels really kicked our ass on this one. We had the few players with more than enough skill, just couldn't even find DPS to back it up. The guild is still "together" perse, just I know I don't have time atm to try to endlessly recruit people everyday and get no where. :(

Sadly, the guild perks are a bit much and effect gameplay. It's amazing how Blizzard likes to fuck with things only to make it worse. It's odd you had DPS issues, though. Usually it's always tanks and healers that are lacking.

I agree 100% with regards to the guild perks issue. My 4 friends and I started our own guild at the beginning of Cata and tried to recruit for a solid month to no avail. We had to settle for joining a larger guild that was on their way to getting realm first 25. Although that did work out in the grand scheme of things because my 4 friends and I lead the number 2 10 man raid group in our guild. Our goal was to raid and even though we couldn't form a guild and raid, we were able to join guild and still lead a raid, it was a great opportunity that we capitalized on.

[quote name='Jodou']Sadly, the guild perks are a bit much and effect gameplay. It's amazing how Blizzard likes to fuck with things only to make it worse. It's odd you had DPS issues, though. Usually it's always tanks and healers that are lacking.[/QUOTE]

You're not kidding! My brother is a very very good tank, actually was the leader of a few raids that other guilds asked him to join and they took down a nice chunk of content for being a group of randoms. I was heal spec and loved it, lived forever in PvP while and usually top of the charts, I think it was only 1 or 2 times had a group wipe due to my fault in PvE. Yet, we would ask for DPS to join us, perhaps an off tank and healer to no avail.

What would happen is they would join our low level guild and than be gone the next morning due to lack of guild level and members we were told. If everyone who came and left just stayed, we would probably be running all the content right now. It's sad because it just makes the big guilds bigger and usually no good.

Yeah, start-up guilds at this point are impossible without a strong backbone already in place. The only thing people are interested in is raiding progression and if you can't provide that immediately, they will leave for established guilds. It's too bad my heart isn't still in the game otherwise I could be raid ready on your server after a week or two. Sounds like it would be a wasted effort anyway, though.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, start-up guilds at this point are impossible without a strong backbone already in place. The only thing people are interested in is raiding progression and if you can't provide that immediately, they will leave for established guilds. It's too bad my heart isn't still in the game otherwise I could be raid ready on your server after a week or two. Sounds like it would be a wasted effort anyway, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I came back to the game a couple of months ago to play with a RL friend of mine that lives across the country. He had given up on raiding guilds and I've been GL of 2 different raiding guilds in the past. I'm over it and just wanted to play very casually. We have a tiny friend and family guild.

As of last night, we were 51% of the way to Guild Level 3. It is pretty much just, me, my friend, his daughter, and one of my co-workers who plays a little bit with us, but has several raid level toons on another server. My son plays a little bit as well. We don't openly recruit though, since the kids are young and we don't want drama or bad language in guild chat.

I do kind of miss raiding, however, it is very nice to be able to log on to whatever character that I want and do whatever I want. The raiding guilds feel like such a job at times.

Lazy I'm going to send you a pm ... Make a major op update after I talk to some people. Let's just put it this way it involves getting into the number one guild on a server :)

Hi guys sorry for the lack of update. I am here in Europe studying at the moment so I won't be able to log back in until August. I read through the last few posts and wanted to add my agreement to the Guild membership problems. With an alt I ended up joining a "casual raiding guild" that was level 25 on Gurubashi so I could power level faster. Once I got to 85 I ran heroics with them while they started up their 10 mans. If I didn't have to study, I would probably be a member in one of their core groups. I did keep my new main, a goblin mage that I made for Cata, in the CAG guild. One feature that was released is the New Guild Recruitment bar for GMs. While it certainly won't help in the recruitment of raiders, I think it could be useful in recruiting brand new players who do not know anyone or have any particular friends in a specific guild. Players can browse guilds and then send membership requests. The Guild Master can then pick and choose from player profiles to start filling ranks. Also, it is worth mentioning that the Guild leveling cap is now off after level 20. To form a more desirable guild, the best way is to try and break the cap at 20. For example, my alt's guild was level 22 before 4.2 came out. Once it went live the guild dinged 25 in about five days. Striker, let me know how things are going in a PM if you get the chance. I really want to get into raiding when I come back to the game in August. I am also thinking about buying a new rig. I have it narrowed down between CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 3000 or Velocity Micro Edge Z40 if anyone has any input.

Blizzard just trademarked the name Mists of Pandaria. Looks like Pandaren are going to be a new race and possibly Pandaren Brewmasters as a new hero class (race not faction aligned maybe?). http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/july/mistsfopandaria.jpg

I recently quit due to my server, guild and raid group being stagnant and had no interest in transferring. I was losing interest in the game as a whole anyway. An old April Fool's joke being made into an entire expansion won't make me want to come back, they'd need to do something really new and revolutionary to get me interested again. WoW has run it's course for me, now it's time to wait for Star Wars The Old Republic.

bread's done
Back