Clubbing is closing its doors after 5 years may 31st is the last day

killer9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)

Dear Club Bing Member,

We're writing to let you know that after May 31, 2012, the Club Bing program will be discontinued. You can continue to play games and earn tickets through May 15, 2012. Game play will end May 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. You will still be able to redeem your tickets for prizes through May 31, 2012. Prizes will no longer be available to order after May 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. Please see Club Bing and our updated Terms and Conditions for more information.

Prize selection is limited, so we encourage you to visit the Club Bing Prize Mall early to redeem your tickets for the best selection. Please note that if the prize you selected is no longer available, Club Bing may refund your tickets, or substitute a prize or prizes of comparable or higher value.

As an alternative to Club Bing, we encourage you to check out Bing Rewards and Bing Entertainment.
Bing Rewards: Join Bing Rewards and earn credits when you search with Bing. Credits can be redeemed for Redbox one-night movie rentals, Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards and more.
Bing Entertainment: Play a wide range of free online games on Bing. Choose from word games, puzzles, action games and more.
Thank you for participating in Club Bing,
Microsoft Club Bing

DOUBLE TICKET DAYS INFO
1) Double Ticket Day is from midnight-to-midnight PST (not reset-to-reset) -- for those of you that can't do the time-zone math:
  • 3 am to 3 am for Eastern;
  • 2 am to 2 am for Central;
  • 1 am to 1 am for Mountain;
2) You get the same number of tickets for the games;

3) Same daily ticket limit still applies (roughly 1k tickets);

4) You will get a MAXIMUM of 1000 Bonus tickets credited to your account several days after Double Ticket day is over (72 hrs according to the Club Bing site);

5) The bonus tickets show up as their own line-item on your account, so this will not look like you went over the daily limit on any specific game for the day.

THANKS TO A GAMER for this

anonymous.jpg

vipprizespecials.png
Check out these exclusive prizes and discounts available to VIP members.
Due to popular demand, these prizes are currently out of stock. These prizes will return as soon as possible – check back soon!

frequentlyaskedquestions.png

What is the Club Bing VIP program?

Club VIP members receive discounts on regular Club Bing prizes and get access to special VIP-only prizes.
What are the benefits of being a VIP?

When you are awarded Club VIP status, you will receive discounts on regular Club Bing prizes and get access to special prizes that are only available to VIP members.
How do I join the Club VIP program?

Becoming a Club VIP is as easy as 1-2-3! To Join, Signed in Club Members will need to do the following:
  1. Use Internet Explorer 7 or higher. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 - it's faster, safer, and easier than ever.
  2. Download and install the Club Bing Toolbar.
  3. Set Bing as your default search engine.
Once you complete the steps, you will be a Club VIP.
In order to access and redeem tickets for VIP prizes you must sign in to Club Bing as the user on the computer with the Internet Explorer browser that has installed and maintained the Club Bing toolbar and set and maintained Bing as your browser default search provider.
See full Club Bing VIP Program Rules below*

How do I know if I'm a Club VIP?

Once you sign in to your Club Bing account, you'll see a Club VIP badge below your username (in the right hand column), and you can also visit this page at any time to check your status.
How do I keep my VIP status?

Once you join the Club VIP program, simply keep your Club Bing Toolbar installed, have Bing set as your default search engine, and continue using Internet Explorer.
I lost my Club VIP status. What happened?

If you lost your Club VIP status, check the following:
  1. Are you using a different computer? Eligibility for VIP is by user of the computer. You will need to either log in to Club Bing on your original computer and as the original user where you met the VIP requirements or follow the steps to become a VIP on the new computer.
  2. Are you using Internet Explorer 7 or higher? If you are using any browser other than Internet Explorer, you will need to sign in to Club Bing with the Internet Explorer browser where you have installed and maintained the Club Bing toolbar and set and maintained Bing as your default search provider.
  3. Is your Club Bing Toolbar installed? In Internet Explorer 8, right-click on the toolbar and make sure the menu displays "Club Bing Toolbar" and is checked.
    • If "Club Bing Toolbar" is unchecked, select and left-click to re-enable it.
    • If "Club Bing Toolbar" is not in the list, reinstall the Club Bing Toolbar.
  4. Is Bing still set as your default search provider? Click here to make sure.
If you lose your Club VIP status, it's easy to get it back by installing the Club Bing Toolbar, and setting Bing as your default search provider in Internet Explorer 7 or higher on the same computer as the same user.

Untitled.jpg

vipprogramrules.png

In order to become a Club Bing VIP member you must meet the following requirements:
  1. You must be a Club Bing member to join.
  2. On the same computer and as the same user on that computer, using Internet Explorer 7 or higher, you must install and maintain the Club Bing toolbar, and set and maintain Bing as your browser default search provider.
In order to access and redeem tickets for VIP prizes you must sign in to Club Bing as the user on the computer with the Internet Explorer browser that has installed and maintained the Club Bing toolbar and set and maintained Bing as your browser default search provider.
If you complete each of the above requirements you will become a Club Bing VIP. If you continue to meet the above requirements you will continue to be a VIP. As a VIP you will have special access to VIP discounts on regular Club Bing prizes and access to special prizes only made available to VIP members.
Club Bing reserves the right to modify or end the Club Bing Program at any time. All Club Bing Terms and Conditions apply.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO ORIGINAL POSTER

www.clubbing.com

No talking about bots, macros, cheating devices, or return fraud. That is how threads disappear.

The Much Needed Frequently Asked Questions

What is Clubbing?
club bing is a Website run by launched in 2007 that gives out free items by simply playing free online games.

What are the requirements to join?
Really there are none. It's 100% free! You don't even have to pay for shipping! The only things you have to do is have an address in the United States to have your prizes shipped to you, as well as a real email address.

How do I get free prizes?
You get prizes by getting tickets, which are done by playing games.

How many can I get of each prize?
You can get 1 of each prize shipped to your address. You can change your address if you want to get more of a prize.

Why are we able to get prizes by playing free online games?
Every time you enter in an answer in a game, it counts as a search for Microsoft's club bing. It helped increase the Market Share for club bing with other search engines like Google and Yahoo by almost 5% within 2 months of club bing launch. As a result, this allows Microsoft to get more advertisers/Make advertisers pay more, so they are able to profit more off club bing, and hand the savings off to you!*

How are my prizes shipped?
Your prizes are shipped via UPS. The downside to this is that any prize over 5000 Points needs to be signed for, though I read anyone at your house can sign for your items. If you are not at the house, UPS should leave a note saying when they will be back.

When do my prizes come?
The estimated shipping time is 8 to 12 weeks, however the average time is 4-6 weeks. Some people have gotten prizes within 2 weeks of ordering, some haven't received prizes from February 2008. It varies by item, with no rhyme or rythm to it. They are supposed to send you a shipping email before the item arrives, but some have reported they have gotten prizes without this shipping

The Prize I just ordered was taken down will I ever get it?
You should get your prize within a month of ordering it, otherwise you will have your points refunded by club bing.

"Each Club Bing account is limited to ordering up to $600 in prizes per calender year. If orders meet or exceed $600, Microsoft requires players to fill out a W-9 tax form to continue receiving any additional prizes during that calender year. "

Prizes

Since this is a Microsoft run website, all the notable electronic prizes are Microsoft products. These include Vista, Microsoft Office, Xbox 360s, Zunes,Computer Games, Xbox and Xbox 360 Games. Recently, they have added many cooking related products, including multiple kitchen books and KitchenAid products. Other notable prizes include Music Downloads, Frequent Flyer Miles, and Clothing. You can only order 1 of any physical item sent to one address

PRIZES
http://www.clubbing.com/Pages/Prizes/Prize_Mall.aspx

What's the Maximum Number of Tickets I can get?
It is 500 Tickets per day. There is no limit to how many tickets you can have overall.

What Games Give You the Most Tickets?
Flexicon: 25 Tickets
Chicktionary: 20 Tickets
Spelling Bee: 20 Tickets
Word Slugger: 20 Tickets
Crosswire: 20 Tickets

The Ticket Number listed is the max you can get

What Games are the Easiest to do?
All the games are pretty easy, since all you need to do for each one is to type in words, so there's no real skill to it.

Are there limits to the games?
There are a few known limits to some games. Flexicon runs out of puzzles once you get 48,000 tickets from it. Chicktionary, Word Slugger, and Spelling Bee all clock in at 34,000 tickets.

Multiple Accounts FAQ

Can I have Multiple Accounts?
no

How Many Accounts Can I Make?
1 per household

Can I get tickets for all my accounts on the same day?
no

Can I get more than 1 of each item to each address using multiple accounts
no

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trojann']I dont use Internet Explorer, is there any way to get this for FireFox?[/QUOTE]

I assume by "this" you mean the VIP bar. No, it's for IE. You only need it for ordering a VIP prize. You can play the games and then when you have enough tickets load up IE (even on another computer that you don't normally use), order the prize, and then not touch it again until you order something else.

Does anyone have a link to a working shipment tracker for prizes? I'm expecting a prize this week and anxious about when it will get here.

[quote name='Kamera']Does anyone have a link to a working shipment tracker for prizes? I'm expecting a prize this week and anxious about when it will get here.[/QUOTE]
They have been sending the shipping/tracking emails reliably for over a year now, so you will get the email before it shows up in the tracker anyway. Just make sure the following addresses are in your address book (white-list, safe senders, etc):

[quote name='A Gamer']They have been sending the shipping/tracking emails reliably for over a year now, so you will get the email before it shows up in the tracker anyway. Just make sure the following addresses are in your address book (white-list, safe senders, etc):

When trying to play Spelling Bee, i do the cat captcha, but then it asks me to put in a phrase (which doesn't appear). anyone know what to do? I'm like 500 from a badge and it's driving me crazy.

I'd be very surprised to see this thread get past a few pages. Bing just isn't what it used to be. And what's the point at starting a new thread just because it's a new year? Should of just let the other thread run its course and let it die a peaceful death.

Sent them a support request about my 12-week old order from November 6th. Hopefully they'll force that one through, and maybe my other three orders along with it.

*Edit*

Blargh, got an automated "you haven't waited long enough" response. Probably because I sent it on the day it became 12 weeks rather than after. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
In June 2010 I ordered a Sony Camcorder 650 and a grill george foreman. My prices didn't arrive so I complained after the 3 months IN SEPTEMBER, I received a "you cheated" mail, I replied a few times asking them to check because I have not cheated. Never received answers.
But guess what... DECEMBER 30 I received a mail saying that the mail I received before was INCORRECT and they were gonna ship my prizes, JANUARY 3 2011 my prizes shipped and 3 days after that they arrived.
I can't believe it, I had actually forgotten about the whole damn thing after not receiving anything. :applause:

I had written Bing back in June wondering when tickets would be refunded from a W-9 I didn't return for an April order and they sent a response saying, "Allow sufficient time...." Well, I waited 'til January and sent another one asking when I could expect the tickets. What response did I get this time? One of our beloved "bots, macros, and other automated programs..." messages. So I wrote again telling them the response I got had nothing to do with the reason I wrote in the first place. So now it's being "escalated to our Technical Support Team for further review." We'll see what happens.

[quote name='Kamera']Has anyone gotten the Timbuk2 laptop bag?[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's a nice one. I got it for the Latitude 2100, but it's made for a laptop, not a netbook. The little Dell just disappears inside it. But I recommend it.

[quote name='civic_duty']Yep. It's a nice one. I got it for the Latitude 2100, but it's made for a laptop, not a netbook. The little Dell just disappears inside it. But I recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I've heard nice things about Timbuk2 bags, but I don't know anyone who has one, personally. I've got a nice medium-sized Lenovo, so it should fit nicely.

Two more double ticket days this month, the 20th and the 27th. Mark your calenders!

Also my first Club Bing order shipped a couple days ago: Lost Odyssey :360: Can't wait to play it.

[quote name='Kotomine']Two more double ticket days this month, the 20th and the 27th. Mark your calenders!

Also my first Club Bing order shipped a couple days ago: Lost Odyssey :360: Can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't feel like subjecting myself to more crap email just so I could know the double ticket days in advance when I have awesome friendly CAGs to help me out. :D (In the meantime, still saving up for the laptop bag - should have enough tickets in a few days!)

[quote name='civic_duty']I had written Bing back in June wondering when tickets would be refunded from a W-9 I didn't return for an April order and they sent a response saying, "Allow sufficient time...." Well, I waited 'til January and sent another one asking when I could expect the tickets. What response did I get this time? One of our beloved "bots, macros, and other automated programs..." messages. So I wrote again telling them the response I got had nothing to do with the reason I wrote in the first place. So now it's being "escalated to our Technical Support Team for further review." We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

They always send that "escalated" email. It's how they waste your time and keep you using CB while you wait.

There's really only one way Microsoft is going to stop cheating people: word needs to get out that CB is wrongfully and rampantly flagging legitimate users. (n.b. All those calls for a class-action lawsuit in the old thread will never get anywhere so don't bother.)

Me and bunch of people I know who were accused of cheating will be emailing Consumerist.com to tell our stories. I suggest anybody who's also been wrongfully flagged to do the same. The Consumerist is strongly anti-big-corporation and if they post a news piece that puts an ugly spotlight on Microsoft and Bing, CB will certainly have our attention. Bing is struggling enough as it is, they don't need the bad press. I highly recommend doing it: tips at consumerist dot com

I just got a " you cheated" email, when i didnt at all, did anyone that got un-flagged have any tips to get this overturned? i think ill be contacting consumerist as well

So I'm a little confused on what this actually is. I've got the search bar installed and get my 16 credits or whatever per day for searches, as well as an extra 12-24 credits every other day. Is this the same as the tickets of which you speak? If you're saying that you can get 1,000 tickets per day while I'm getting 16-40 then I'm obviously shorting myself.

[quote name='nasum']So I'm a little confused on what this actually is. I've got the search bar installed and get my 16 credits or whatever per day for searches, as well as an extra 12-24 credits every other day. Is this the same as the tickets of which you speak? If you're saying that you can get 1,000 tickets per day while I'm getting 16-40 then I'm obviously shorting myself.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you're just in the wrong thread. This one is about Club Bing, a separate promotion where you get points for playing flash games. Check out the Bing Rewards thread which is currently near the top of this forum. That's the one that gives you points for searching and clicking offers.

[quote name='Kotomine']Two more double ticket days this month, the 20th and the 27th. Mark your calenders!
[/QUOTE]

Is today actually a double ticket day? Usually there's a big banner of the clubbing website but today there's no mention of double tix

[quote name='Chupper']Is today actually a double ticket day? Usually there's a big banner of the clubbing website but today there's no mention of double tix[/QUOTE] That's what the email said:

[URL="http://microsoft.discoverbing.com/promo_DTD.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Chupper']Is today actually a double ticket day? Usually there's a big banner of the clubbing website but today there's no mention of double tix[/QUOTE]

That's what the email said:

promo_DTD.jpg

[quote name='Kotomine']That's what the email said:

promo_DTD.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm not questioning you Kotomine, I'm questioning whether MS/Club Bing have their crap together!

[quote name='Chupper']I'm not questioning you Kotomine, I'm questioning whether MS/Club Bing have their crap together![/QUOTE]

I hope it was a double ticket day today seeing as how I just spent 2 hours straight playing Chicktionary... bleh.

I'm a bit confused on how double ticket day works. I just earned 1,000 tickets and I can still earn more.

[quote name='MaggotSai']I'm a bit confused on how double ticket day works. I just earned 1,000 tickets and I can still earn more.[/QUOTE]
You get the same number of tickets per game, and the same daily limit applies.

So, you will get roughly 1k max tickets today...

Then, a few days later, you get double the number of tickets you earned as 'bonus tickets' credited to your account. My guess is Mon or Tue, since I don't think they award the bonus tickets on weekends.

Still haven't gotten any bonus tickets from double ticket day - supposedly the 20th as I saw a banner a few days before advertising the date, but not on the day of.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Still haven't gotten any bonus tickets from double ticket day - supposedly the 20th as I saw a banner a few days before advertising the date, but not on the day of.[/QUOTE]

me either. I'd write to them and ask what's up, but I'm afraid they accuse me of cheating just for sending them an email!

When do you enter your shipping address? When you make an account, or when you redeem your prize? I can't remember if I did that when I first signed up, and I want to be sure because I'm moving and want to send it to my new address instead.

[quote name='MaggotSai']When do you enter your shipping address? When you make an account, or when you redeem your prize? I can't remember if I did that when I first signed up, and I want to be sure because I'm moving and want to send it to my new address instead.[/QUOTE]

You don't enter an address until you redeem a prize.

The last thing I ordered was the stuffed chicken for shits and giggles which should be arriving on my doorstep tomorrow :booty:

Still waiting on four games. I can send a support request about the first one on the 29th. I really hope they don't try to screw me over by falsely accusing me of cheating after I spent the time to help artificially inflate their search numbers by playing their crappy word games.

Despite that I'm still working toward ordering Ninja Gaiden 2...¬_¬

Just got emailed the tracking # on a gps I ordered on 12/30. It's supposed to arrive next week by UPS ground, signature required. So it was about a month turnaround for me. Good luck to everyone else on your orders.

bread's done
Back